• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Maynard G Krebs

Nice im still slacking on picking some up for myself as i don't really have the funds... I know I know its cheap but thats ten dollars i could be spending on bud! Anyways, whats the point of the dewar joints again?

Hell.. I dunno.. I just like the piece.. and the silicone tube is not cheap, but well worth it.. I spent 25 buks including shipping.. I figure that will make me a few whips and a couple couplers for when the bubblefr makes it into the picture..

mgk :shrug:

Hey guys, new to this forum.. Just got my extreme q yesterday, and pretty impressed although I see why the volcano costs more now, it really is built better. But no regrets because of the price difference..
Anyway wanted to know where to buy replacement tubing in canada? Also which size would be the best?
Would this be a good option??
http://www.planetvape.ca/silcon-high-temp-silicone-vaporizer-tubing.html

5/16th i.d. is what you want.. that price is pretty good.. I got mine on ebay from this guy..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-16-I-D-Si...602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa6d649a

:smug:

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Maynard G Krebs,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
5/16th i.d. is what you want.. that price is pretty good.. I got mine on ebay from this guy..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-16-I-D-Si...602?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa6d649a

One thing you can count on in this thread is the every-couple-weeks-or-so question about tubing. Finally there was a thread created here devoted only to tubing. ;)

The tubing MGK bought includes this in its description:

Certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51)

While that is a U.S. specification body, it is recognized internationally for export purposes. The stock tubing is manufactured in Japan, yet imprints this U.S. spec on its product. BTW, this spec pertains to use of the product in machinery which must remain perfectly sanitary - think of pressurized heat equipment used in breweries or medication delivery systems in hospitals. It is not just a matter of temperature, there are other tolerances in the spec e.g. pressure and integrity of the material.

I mention this because there is tubing sold in stores and on the web for which no specification is provided. The bottom line is that a buyer wants to verify NSF-51 or equivalent. (Personally I don't know what planetvape sells, but they are very well thought of here and seen as a trustworthy source.)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Stu

Herbal Ant

If you still have your glass stir stick it works great for forcing the o ring over the hump.

I dropped mine one time, the second or third day I had it, and it broke the tip off. Is it bad to use broken glass you think? I always wondered if little shards fell off I couldn't see, kind of fucked with my mind, I still have it though. I put it away and use one of those metal walnut picks now. :lol:

Herbal Ant,

TOWELIE 420

I dropped mine one time, the second or third day I had it, and it broke the tip off. Is it bad to use broken glass you think? I always wondered if little shards fell off I couldn't see, kind of fucked with my mind, I still have it though. I put it away and use one of those metal walnut picks now. :lol:
I sat on my green stirrer that came with my EQ and snapped it in half when I was baked :S. still worked fine until i lost the pokey side and finally decided a month ago to pay the ten dollars for a new red one at my headshop nearby. Long story short, great investment lol. So glad I picked another up

TOWELIE 420,

JJSeattle

As far as capping the bags, I don't have anything "official" and I like the idea of a pencil eraser but I just use plastic wrap, take a piece, fold it over the hole and wrap it around, works if you have nothing else.

JJSeattle,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
i bought extra bags for the HA and 2 extra clamps came with it. actually it work very well.
390751462_tp.jpg

JJSeattle

You guys are geniuses! It literally took me 5 min to pull out the old bong (I missed it!) and hook it up to my EQ. I used a gasket ring from the glass bong bowl and it fit perfectly on the EQ mouthpiece, then I got a spare elbow and an old PVC whip/tube and I was in business! Thanks!

So I assume I put the smoke in the bowl for this operation and not the elbow, correct?

If you place the pointy end of the stir stick inside the glass mouthpiece it works like a charm! Just my two cents :p

Awesome tip!!!

TOWELIE 420

You guys are geniuses! It literally took me 5 min to pull out the old bong (I missed it!) and hook it up to my EQ. I used a gasket ring from the glass bong bowl and it fit perfectly on the EQ mouthpiece, then I got a spare elbow and an old PVC whip/tube and I was in business! Thanks!

So I assume I put the smoke in the bowl for this operation and not the elbow, correct?

Awesome tip!!!

Elbow works better in my opinion!

TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: Stu

oldiebutgoodie

If you place the pointy end of the stir stick inside the glass mouthpiece it works like a charm! Just my two cents :p

I broke the mouthpiece doing this.

As a side note, after a couple hits the pressure will equalize and the vapor will remain in the bag.

oldiebutgoodie,

Nesta

As far as capping the bags, I don't have anything "official" and I like the idea of a pencil eraser but I just use plastic wrap, take a piece, fold it over the hole and wrap it around, works if you have nothing else.
I saw a suggestion somewhere here in FC, their idea was to cap the bag with a tapered foam ear plug. I haven't tried it yet, have not used a bag in a while, but it sounds like a simple, effective solution.

TOWELIE 420

As a side note, after a couple hits the pressure will equalize and the vapor will remain in the bag.

Seems like that would be pretty difficult if you are paying attention. Anyways accidents happen

TOWELIE 420,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I saw a suggestion somewhere here in FC, their idea was to cap the bag with a tapered foam ear plug. I haven't tried it yet, have not used a bag in a while, but it sounds like a simple, effective solution.

This works great, too. Just trim down the earplug to a little bigger than you need to slide it in. Roll it tighter, slip into end of bag and release.

flotntoke,

oldiebutgoodie

Seems like that would be pretty difficult if you are paying attention. Anyways accidents happen

No, not at all. I'm always quite careful. I had seen it suggested before, slipped it into the mouthpiece, glass cracked. From the look of it, I suspect there was a flaw in the piece. After all, these aren't boro. ;)

TOWELIE 420

No, not at all. I'm always quite careful. I had seen it suggested before, slipped it into the mouthpiece, glass cracked. From the look of it, I suspect there was a flaw in the piece. After all, these aren't boro. ;)
Fair enough man. I sat on my stirring tool while i was baked and snapped it :S I've since replaced it lol

TOWELIE 420,

oldiebutgoodie

Fair enough man. I sat on my stirring tool while i was baked and snapped it :S I've since replaced it lol

It occurred to me that my post could have been read two ways . . . I was ref''g to the mouthpiece cracking, not the stir stick. Actually I've found the stir stick to be fairly, er, sturdy. Except when I sit on it. But then again, I've got a boney ass. :D

TOWELIE 420

It occurred to me that my post could have been read two ways . . . I was ref''g to the mouthpiece cracking, not the stir stick. Actually I've found the stir stick to be fairly, er, sturdy. Except when I sit on it. But then again, I've got a boney ass. :D
Lmaooo my ass is fairly boney too bro! I feel you. And ok that makes more sense but it def sounds like you may have had a faulty mouthpiece. Generally, most people find this method fairly helpful. Cheers all! I hope everyone is having a great week!

bigdjohnson

Hey guys. New to the site. I've had my EQ for about a month now, however, I'm a bit different in that I've never tried smoking herbs or tobacco, I've only used the EQ and recently, the Solo.

A question I have regarding the grind is, if you are using a grinder, do you run it through once or twice? I ask as the EQ apparently likes a find grind. Also, do you dry out the herbs and if so, what's your process? I'm sorry that this is VERY noobish but I'm REALLY just starting out.

Also, when elbow packing, do you stir the contents?

bigdjohnson,

Bvapst

You can do it... Just check the color of the herbs in elbow : generally there is a center spot so after stirring you can still get a few smaller hits! (you can crank the t° too for that). Or you can save that for blowing a baloon later or to mix with hash, or anything else...

As for the grind : not too fine, not too dusty. It will hold easier if its lightly grind, IMO.

Bvapst,

oldiebutgoodie

. . . A question I have regarding the grind is, if you are using a grinder, do you run it through once or twice? I ask as the EQ apparently likes a find grind. Also, do you dry out the herbs and if so, what's your process? I'm sorry that this is VERY noobish but I'm REALLY just starting out.

It depends on your grinder, they vary. And the herb will make a difference too in a particular grinder. Personally I like a good 4-piece that "fluffs" the herb. I have a 4" Space Case for when I want to load up my airtight stash case, and a 1.5" Santa Cruz Shredder for single-session loads. The Shredder actually produces better fluff. A 4-piece captures kief, which can be great to use in an elbow-pack.

The advantage of a fluff grind with the Q is that you get better air circulation in the bowl and therefore better extraction. You know you've got it just right when your herb swirls around. The elbow-screen is design to create back-pressure into the bowl, that's what creates the turbulence. If you load the bowl too full, the airflow will just go thru the center requiring repeated stirring. If you grind too fine, the elbow-screen will get clogged. You'll still need to stir once or twice, and possibly need to clear the elbow-screen if you hit hard or use Fan 3. Frankly it takes experimenting and patience to find what works best for you. And btw, if you slightly re-shape the bottom screen with your thumbs into a slight concave shape, it will sit snug on its ledge and will improve the circulation a tad (position the screen with the stir stick).

The elbow-pack method IME works best with the same fluffy grind. You want to lightly tuck the herb into the elbow screen with your finger, it will be a bit concave and should only be tight enough so that the herb doesn't fall out. You'll get a hot spot after a hit or two (depending on your draw), use your glass stir stick to gently stir the load and tap it down again with your finger.

Hope that helps. Welcome to the forum - no better place for vape info.

EDIT: Re drying, if your grower has properly dried the herb, you shouldn't really need to do much if anything. Occasionally I get a batch that has retained some moisture, leaving it exposed overnight is usually sufficient. You don't want it very dry or it will powder when you grind it.

JJSeattle

I like to pack the elbow and then after 4-6 hits, knock it down to the bowl, stir and finish it off. I have a 2 piece SpaceCase and grind a few times until fluffy.

I'm so happy I added the old bong into the mix, filtering the vapor through the water has taken care of the extreme coughing fits and I can get better hits and hold them longer. Good tip on shaping the screen with the thumb, I have problems keeping that one in place at times.

Love this group, great tips!

Top Bottom