The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

hereatlast

I think I'm a bit overzealous, I'm almost always adding kief to my bowls/elbows :lol:

Waitin to harvest that wand-hash, once I build up enough I'll have the 'oil' to supplement my bowls and I hope my kief-catcher fills up again. Still got a little slice of pressed hash as well, running low on my flowers though :uhoh: The way the Extreme deals with concentrates is one of my favorite of its qualities, I need almost no bud to get thick vapor

hereatlast,

SugaShack

Hey, I did'nt even know you could use concentrates with the Q.. I need to try this method of delivery.. Please don't laugh.. I told you I was green to vaporizing..

SugaShack,

FEAR420

tdavie said:
FEAR420 said:
I actually press my pollen into a disc then just drop that fucker right into the EQ Cyclone bowl. Let it sit there & perculate for a few mins then vape away. You'll actually see the lil green disc dancing around as you toke off it ;)

I got some keif to press up here...maybe Ill do a vid of how I do my keif/hash vaping :D
Fear420; this sounds good. A question; when you vape the pollen from the E-Q are you using the whip or bag? What temperature(s) are you using for this?

thanks

Tom
215C & Bags on Med/High

FEAR420,

vape4life

Banned for life
oh boy i eat my words again...i haven't touched the Q since trying out the SSV again :uhoh: seriously, this thing hits on demand (unlike the E/Q which needs to prewarm herbs) and hits HARD! Definite more taste too.

I'm also starting to hate the taste of the bags with the Q...finding the taste rather stale/harsh even though using 200C as temp.

vape4life,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
I give you props for hanging in there with it and then coming here to voluntarily eat crow. Made me laugh. Oh, and congratulations!

stickstones,

vape4life

Banned for life
time to slip over to the SSV thread ;-) oh and btw, do you know if we can sell here? I didn't see a B&S thread or anything. I'm putting together quite the package for anyone interested in a mint near new Q.

stickstones said:
^^^
I give you props for hanging in there with it and then coming here to voluntarily eat crow. Made me laugh. Oh, and congratulations!

vape4life,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
vape4life said:
haha, you wouldn't be able to handle it rookie! ;-)

Rocket J Squirrel said:
vape4life: good on ya! I hope someday to try a SSV.
Lol you went back and forth so many times its hard to think there will ever be a good comparison between these two. :ninja:

illadelph,

vape4life

Banned for life
Actually only went back and forth only once ;-) Sorry, what can I say... I guess my actions speak for themselves. Look for my ad for the Q in the buy and sell!

illadelph said:
vape4life said:
haha, you wouldn't be able to handle it rookie! ;-)

Rocket J Squirrel said:
vape4life: good on ya! I hope someday to try a SSV.
Lol you went back and forth so many times its hard to think there will ever be a good comparison between these two. :ninja:

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Like it? I didn't think vapour clouds like that were even possible! I'm tired of my frustrations with the E/Q... I can't stand not being able to get vapour unless I "preheat". I like the simplistic design of the SSV, and more importantly, when I want vapour - it's there! Don't need the bells and whistles of the bag, remote, timer, lights, etc... I just want a GOOD, QUALITY, vape, and now I have it.

Thanks for the link!

B. said:
Vape4Life-Much respect for keeping an open mind and giving the SSV a second chance. I'm glad ya like it!

You can sell stuff here:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453

Unless you really need the cash, I'd keep the Q. Then again, I want to hoard vapes like it's my job.

vape4life,

Raf007

Retailer
I m sure it's written somewhere in the thread, but how long is the preheat ?

Raf007,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
ive said it before and ill say it again, i think its a complete exaggeration to say that it takes more than 5 minutes for me to achieve visible full vapor from my extreme vaporizer. may not be "as monster" as you ssv folk. vape4life, instead of making one sentence posts going back and forth on which vape is better due to small things you may have noticed (and especially since you were porbably using them both wrong) you should make a concise thread reviewing both side by side in a fashion where people can make a clear and concise choice on which to purchase. just writing off one and selling the other while telling extreme owners that they're "rookies" and "dont know what type of vapor their missing" is kind of immature when you could be contributing your knowledge and advantage of owning both vapes to this community. i'd still be interested in seeing a side by side comparison on the pros and cons of these two by someone who is willing to take the time out and find ALL the major differences instead of beating a dead horse and just telling me "bro, you will never get the amount of vapor i get out of your vape".
:2c:

illadelph,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
I gotta add this pre heating thing is the only thing keeping me from one of these , how long is a normal pre heat and if your doing an elbow pack , how long do you gotta pre heat that ? Sorry got a couple more questions , can you run this unit laying on its side or upside down and how hot does the exterior get , would it burn a surface if it was on its side ? Just another 2 :2c: It nice to see something come out of CANADA , were on top of quality bud so it's only natural that we also produce a quality vape here too .
Proud to be Canadian :peace:

Samsquanch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Outside of the LB, I've never used a vape that didn't benefit from some amount of preheating. You may not need to preheat it for long, but the longer the better, up to a point.

The SSV needs a warmup...I think they advertise 5 to 7 minutes. I've never hit it before a 15 minute warmup. This is the same warmup time I give my E. Steve at Arizer said the Ev3 has a shorter warmup time than the Ev1...something like 12 to 15 minutes. I have no idea what a proper warmup for the Q would be.

stickstones,

hereatlast

I was worried about the preheat as well; after a while of use I have to say its been a non-factor. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where the preheat time was a problem. Now I'm curious how long it takes to actually heat up, I generally turn my Extreme on once then it's like that all day.

hereatlast,

xRIPCITYx

If I leave my Q on all day is it cool to leave the bowl on it too? Or should the bowl be taken off? Also how much vaped herb (abv i think you call it...not sure what that stands for) do i need to save up to make something good like brownies or a tincture?

xRIPCITYx,

vape4life

Banned for life
dude, you need to kick back and vape something proper. I didn't know I was under some panel judging the quality of my posts. Here I am thinking i'm helping someone out by contributing to the thread which has gone days without a post. Well, i'm sure a couple of you don't mind my feedback, as disorganized and "true to life" that it may be ;-)

You're taking things like "rookie" waaay too out of context. That related to another thread :rolleyes: Why don't you just wipe the red between your legs and let me fucking post?

illadelph said:
ive said it before and ill say it again, i think its a complete exaggeration to say that it takes more than 5 minutes for me to achieve visible full vapor from my extreme vaporizer. may not be "as monster" as you ssv folk. vape4life, instead of making one sentence posts going back and forth on which vape is better due to small things you may have noticed (and especially since you were porbably using them both wrong) you should make a concise thread reviewing both side by side in a fashion where people can make a clear and concise choice on which to purchase. just writing off one and selling the other while telling extreme owners that they're "rookies" and "dont know what type of vapor their missing" is kind of immature when you could be contributing your knowledge and advantage of owning both vapes to this community. i'd still be interested in seeing a side by side comparison on the pros and cons of these two by someone who is willing to take the time out and find ALL the major differences instead of beating a dead horse and just telling me "bro, you will never get the amount of vapor i get out of your vape".

vape4life,

hereatlast

^^ I generally leave the bowl on the unit as long as its on but every now and then I take it off because it does get very hot. I generally have my 2 cyclone bowls in rotation, whenever I take a bowl off the unit I put it down and use the other one since its not so hot.

If you search you should get some results about ABV cannabutter/tincture/etc. I definitely remember reading about people using below double digits and also people using an ounce or more. If you're gonna do brownies I'd recommend making cannabutter and using that in the mix; I've heard of people that just throw it in ground up in the mix, can't imagine its nearly as efficient.

hereatlast,

vape4life

Banned for life
You gotta let the unit warm up (longer is better, but min. 10 minutes or so), but then you gotta let your bowl/herbs "perculate" for a few minutes (longer is better). With the elbow pack the preheat of the herbs isn't as crucial (although it still helps), because the herb is packed and the heat is focused on the one spot.

No to upside down and side. You realize this is an UPRIGHT design? Exterior is cool to the touch.

The quality of the vape is decent, but still pales in comparison to some of the others.

Samsquanch said:
I gotta add this pre heating thing is the only thing keeping me from one of these , how long is a normal pre heat and if your doing an elbow pack , how long do you gotta pre heat that ? Sorry got a couple more questions , can you run this unit laying on its side or upside down and how hot does the exterior get , would it burn a surface if it was on its side ? Just another 2 :2c: It nice to see something come out of CANADA , were on top of quality bud so it's only natural that we also produce a quality vape here too .
Proud to be Canadian :peace:

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
That's your habits/use...sometimes I need to fire it up and go and that's where the frustration begins with the E/Q. Same goes for when using it with an inverter in the car.

hereatlast said:
I was worried about the preheat as well; after a while of use I have to say its been a non-factor. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where the preheat time was a problem. Now I'm curious how long it takes to actually heat up, I generally turn my Extreme on once then it's like that all day.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Sure they all have to heat up sufficiently, but where the SSV shines is the herb doesn't need to be preheated like the E/Q's does. Pack and go!

stickstones said:
Outside of the LB, I've never used a vape that didn't benefit from some amount of preheating. You may not need to preheat it for long, but the longer the better, up to a point.

The SSV needs a warmup...I think they advertise 5 to 7 minutes. I've never hit it before a 15 minute warmup. This is the same warmup time I give my E. Steve at Arizer said the Ev3 has a shorter warmup time than the Ev1...something like 12 to 15 minutes. I have no idea what a proper warmup for the Q would be.

vape4life,

xRIPCITYx

if i elbow pack and turn it up to 220-230 i instantly get big hits without having to preheat the herb at all.

xRIPCITYx,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
vape4life said:
dude, you need to kick back and vape something proper. I didn't know I was under some panel judging the quality of my posts. Here I am thinking i'm helping someone out by contributing to the thread which has gone days without a post. Well, i'm sure a couple of you don't mind my feedback, as disorganized and "true to life" that it may be ;-)

You're taking things like "rookie" waaay too out of context. That related to another thread :rolleyes: Why don't you just wipe the red between your legs and let me fucking post?

illadelph said:
im not gonna argue with someone who is so sure of himself or is as decisive as you. You obviously know what you want and what you're doing with your vapes. Ill go ahead and raise my white flag (or red since i had to brush up between the legs) and stop analyzing or judging your posts. Im not gonna fuel an e-fight because its obvious who has the bigger cojones :uhoh:. Have fun with your tons of vapor, clearly superior vaporizer, and all your buddies over at the SSV thread.
:peace:

kickin back and vapin somethin proper just for you.
:cheers:

illadelph,
Top Bottom