The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

hereatlast

This might at least be relevant to the heat up time...

I noticed at times that when hitting the elbow I stop getting vapor, say at 210, pretty much as soon as the temp gets to 220 (amazingly fast) I take a hit and get vapor. I've noticed the elbow pack needs much less than bags as well.

vape4life: I'd love to see an exhaustive comparison between the Extreme and the SSV especially since I considered the latter before joining this lot. Does the SSV have an extremely fast learning curve or did you use it improperly? You went from sounding like a die-hard E fan to a SSV spokesman in no time, do you consider the Extreme obsolete now?

hereatlast,

vape4life

Banned for life
Initially I didn't use enough herb and was inhaling way too fast. Learning curve was quick, especially after the E and Q. I don't consider the E obsolete (well i guess it is now with the Q out), but I like simplicity and quality and I find that the SSV serves my needs better than the E/Q. I don't like bags (find the vapour stale and harsh) so want a good quality whip vape - that is the SSV.

hereatlast said:
This might at least be relevant to the heat up time...

I noticed at times that when hitting the elbow I stop getting vapor, say at 210, pretty much as soon as the temp gets to 220 (amazingly fast) I take a hit and get vapor. I've noticed the elbow pack needs much less than bags as well.

vape4life: I'd love to see an exhaustive comparison between the Extreme and the SSV especially since I considered the latter before joining this lot. Does the SSV have an extremely fast learning curve or did you use it improperly? You went from sounding like a die-hard E fan to a SSV spokesman in no time, do you consider the Extreme obsolete now?

vape4life,

B.

War Criminal
xRIPCITYx said:
Also how much vaped herb (abv i think you call it...not sure what that stands for) do i need to save up to make something good like brownies or a tincture?
ABV = Already been vaped. It's what I call it too. You may also see people refer to it as AVB(Already vaped bud) or duff.

Less common, but my second favorite, is vape-poo.

It's all about ratio. You can probably cook a gram of ABV into single serving, or maybe two, and get ripped.
I'm not experience with making tinctures, but it seems to me if you use an appropriate ratio of ABV to everclear or whatever, you should have some success.

I switched from butter to coconut oil about a year ago, and I find it works noticeably better. Something to do with the very high saturated fat % or something science-y. I keep it simple and make brownies every time, as far as flavor/texture/overall cooking experience, I can't tell the differene betweeen butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.

Or, if you really want to try somethin different, do a search for my coconut oil capsules thread. Coconut oil is a solid at room temp, it melts at 76 degrees, or somethin like that. It's super easy. Cook your abv in the coconut oil, strain it very well, squirt it into empty capsule, let it cool down to room temp. Throw them into an empty organic vitamin container, and they are so stealth it's rediculous.

B.,

xRIPCITYx

B. said:
xRIPCITYx said:
Also how much vaped herb (abv i think you call it...not sure what that stands for) do i need to save up to make something good like brownies or a tincture?
ABV = Already been vaped. It's what I call it too. You may also see people refer to it as AVB(Already vaped bud) or duff.

Less common, but my second favorite, is vape-poo.

It's all about ratio. You can probably cook a gram of ABV into single serving, or maybe two, and get ripped.
I'm not experience with making tinctures, but it seems to me if you use an appropriate ratio of ABV to everclear or whatever, you should have some success.

I switched from butter to coconut oil about a year ago, and I find it works noticeably better. Something to do with the very high saturated fat % or something science-y. I keep it simple and make brownies every time, as far as flavor/texture/overall cooking experience, I can't tell the differene betweeen butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.

Or, if you really want to try somethin different, do a search for my coconut oil capsules thread. Coconut oil is a solid at room temp, it melts at 76 degrees, or somethin like that. It's super easy. Cook your abv in the coconut oil, strain it very well, squirt it into empty capsule, let it cool down to room temp. Throw them into an empty organic vitamin container, and they are so stealth it's rediculous.
That sounds really good. I've been reading up on making canabutter but the coconut oil sounds good.

For those of you that connect a bong to your Q. What is the best way? Do you just use a bag or try to draw through the whip?

xRIPCITYx,

Monsoon

If you're making edibles, make sure to add either lecithin granules or liquid lecithin to your mix. It helps to emulsify fats and increases absorption of the butter into your body. Personally I find that adding about 3-4 tbsp of lecithin granules to a pan of squares increases the potency by about 25% and can make the high come on faster. Your best bet to find it is health food stores or worse case you could just take a couple lecithin capsules when you eat it.

Monsoon,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
stickstones said:
that would be cool, fear. btw, I finally ordered a production LB, based a lot on your testimonial and video, so those vids help...thanks!
ditto on the LB video on youtube it is what made me go buy an LB now I'm really considering the EQ keep the vids comin.

rbrown13,

FEAR420

rbrown13 said:
stickstones said:
that would be cool, fear. btw, I finally ordered a production LB, based a lot on your testimonial and video, so those vids help...thanks!
ditto on the LB video on youtube it is what made me go buy an LB now I'm really considering the EQ keep the vids comin.
All of my videos have been taken down and will NOT be going back up,nor will I be making any new ones...

FEAR420,

LOCKSTOCK93

From what i understand, you never used pot or anything illegal in those videos, right, Fear? It was always something else, i heard.

LOCKSTOCK93,

FEAR420

LOCKSTOCK93 said:
From what i understand, you never used pot or anything illegal in those videos, right, Fear? It was always something else, i heard.
Correct...it was passion flower. A well known herb used for those with anxiety.

FEAR420,

hereatlast

Something I did a couple times to test the elbow-pack's 'preheat':

I let the unit warm up normally (its always on :p) and packed the elbow. Pretty much the second I slid the packed elbow onto the cyclone I started drawing from the whip, even a short draw got vapor. I've found that the second and third hits are consistently the biggest, strongest, best tasting, etc. Nonetheless, I was happy to see a cloud when I hit the elbow with no preheat whatsoever.

Now I'm trying much lower temps than I've ever used (I usually stay at the 190-220 range), starting at 160-170 I get a faint but amazingly pure taste, especially with this Platinum Kush :brow:

hereatlast,

l1smoker

I am a previous Ex owner who got a Q today. I find that I start vaping at 145-150 and get GREAT hits at 155-165. I try vaping at 200 and such but I don't see much visible vapor. Could this be because I am starting at 150? I've had a Ex for a while and had this same kind of deal but I'm wondering if the Q is different since I rarely see visible vapor < 200C. (I'm using the whip)

Overall I'll say that I find the Q better in many ways. The only downfall is time counter that used to be on the machine. But I guess now it won't look bad when I see a 5 hour timer going.

Does anyone find that there system makes a little "crackling" noise? It's very quiet and does not happen all the time. And mostly on higher temperatures over 200.

l1smoker,

vape4life

Banned for life
Not sure how you are getting great hits at 155-165 when that should produce barely a light stream. Are you saying that you don't get vapour above 200C? Sorry, i'm a little confused by your question. Typically you should be getting vapour in the 190-230+ range.

With my experiences with the E and Q is that the Q temp readouts are fairly close, with the exception that you might have the dial the Q up a litte more...maybe 10-20C

l1smoker said:
I am a previous Ex owner who got a Q today. I find that I start vaping at 145-150 and get GREAT hits at 155-165. I try vaping at 200 and such but I don't see much visible vapor. Could this be because I am starting at 150? I've had a Ex for a while and had this same kind of deal but I'm wondering if the Q is different since I rarely see visible vapor < 200C. (I'm using the whip)

Overall I'll say that I find the Q better in many ways. The only downfall is time counter that used to be on the machine. But I guess now it won't look bad when I see a 5 hour timer going.

vape4life,

xRIPCITYx

l1smoker said:

Does anyone find that there system makes a little "crackling" noise? It's very quiet and does not happen all the time. And mostly on higher temperatures over 200.
I always start around 190-220c. I never get anything at 150. I also hear the crackling noise you are talking about. I think its just the heater.

xRIPCITYx,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I'm starting at 140C, and then every 20-30 minutes increasing by 10C. This is on the Extreme .v3 I'm getting gobsmacked as the saying goes.

Tom

tdavie,

Monsoon

I dropped by my local headshop today and had them put aside an Extreme-Q. I should have it in my hands by next Friday.

Monsoon,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Hello FC, haven't been very active since the summer, but decided i would post as i'm upgrading from the E v3 to the new Q. Had my E v3 for probably over a year now, and am expecting my Q mid next week as soon as damn paypal goes through. Figured first i had better read this thread, which i had realized had gotten rather big.

Well sadly im very disappointed with a lot of stuff that is written in this thread by several people that is written as "facts" which is certainly only an opinion. I was relieved to see hereatlast say he had actually tried experimenting with his vape, trying different preheat times and different temperatures. He seemed surprised to find that he got vapour without letting his elbow percolate for "at least 10 minutes but more is better" and that is was possible to get thick vapour below 190. Well its clear to see why he is surprised after reading this thread of essentially 14 pages of posts saying these very things are impossible with little tid bits about the Q scattered throughout. I vape at 175 with no preheat and can assure you i get quite thick vapour and thats my :2c:.

First and foremost, this is the "Extreme-Q Vaporizer" thread so try to keep the topic of posts focused on this. But what urks me more is people posting their experiences, which they may have had from one session with a vapourizer, as fact. Well your simple opinions are misleading people new to vapourizing and wishing to broadening their vapourizing experience. I would sugggest experimenting with different techniques just as hereatlast did before assuring people one method is the best or that one vape is much better than another. This goes for everyone as well though, vapourizing is based around personal preference and the things posted on this site should be taken only as a guide lines and u should experiment and fine tune your routine to make it the best experience for you.

For anyone having trouble getting lung saturating thick vapour from their E or E-Q i would suggest trying the the following things:

1. If you haven't tried packing the little elbow screen i would suggest trying this as described earlier in this thread.
2. Make sure your weed is dry. Some people think dry means moderately dry or a little damp. DRY. doesnt have to be crispy or crumbly, but if close to that, should break into a nice fluffy consistency.
3. Make sure your herbs are ground up well. i use just a manual hand grinder, but i suppose an electric coffee grinder would work just fine as well. I have used scissors when desperate, but can never seem to cut it quite fine enough no matter how much i snip. (but i have seen some crazy old men with mad scissor snippin fingers)
4. Also if your weed just isnt that great of quality it may not be possible to get super thick vapour

Sorry about the rant, but someone had to say something. When my Q arrives i will do an extensive side by comparison with the v3

Mr. Smoke No More,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Sorry about the rant, but someone had to say something. When my Q arrives i will do an extensive side by comparison with the v3
It was a civilized rant with zero name calling :) That's how the Canadian parliament works.

When you compare the 2 side by side, I've got a few questions;

1) Which heats up faster, or do they heat up the same?
2) Are the included accessories the same?
3) Does the unit auto shut off? This is one reason I went .3 I do use the shut off timer (last night I managed to forget that I was filling up a bag....and I am worried about my girlfriend's cats)
4) Side by side, is the EQ more quiet than the v3 at all fan speeds?
5) All things being equal (temp setting, fan speed, herb amount/type, etc) does the EQ put out better vapor? (tastier, stronger what have you).

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

vape4life

Banned for life
1) Hard to test. I think the Q, but only way to really test is to just keep trying to take a hit until vapour arrives, as the thermometer just measures the actually heater which "shows" to be up to temp very quickly, however the unit still takes longer, same as the E.

2) Yes, my manual was actually an E manual and arizer's site doesn't even showcase the Q yet.

3) Yes, but no countup timer like the E

4) Yes

5) Subjective, but I think yes. You can read up on that in this thread. And in fact most of your questions can be answered without evening owning the unit.

tdavie said:
Mr. Smoke No More said:
It was a civilized rant with zero name calling :) That's how the Canadian parliament works.

When you compare the 2 side by side, I've got a few questions;

1) Which heats up faster, or do they heat up the same?
2) Are the included accessories the same?
3) Does the unit auto shut off? This is one reason I went .3 I do use the shut off timer (last night I managed to forget that I was filling up a bag....and I am worried about my girlfriend's cats)
4) Side by side, is the EQ more quiet than the v3 at all fan speeds?
5) All things being equal (temp setting, fan speed, herb amount/type, etc) does the EQ put out better vapor? (tastier, stronger what have you).

thanks

Tom

vape4life,

l1smoker

vape4life said:
Not sure how you are getting great hits at 155-165 when that should produce barely a light stream. Are you saying that you don't get vapour above 200C? Sorry, i'm a little confused by your question. Typically you should be getting vapour in the 190-230+ range.

With my experiences with the E and Q is that the Q temp readouts are fairly close, with the exception that you might have the dial the Q up a litte more...maybe 10-20C

l1smoker said:

My current technique is this:

165-185 using the whip
195-240 using the bags

However right now I am vaping some kief at 160 - 170 and I'm getting some nice hits.
I am elbow packing it and am able to see visible vapor at these temperatures.

l1smoker,

spikeystud88

Hey guys, been lurking for a while and finally decided to register!

I recently purchased a brand new extreme-q vape off ebay, and I was wondering if Arizer would still honor the warranties even though I got it off ebay (it's brand new, never opened). Does anyone know?

And if not who should I contact?

Thanks, these forums have already taught me so much!

spikeystud88,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Still waiting patiently for my Q. paypal is taking what seems like an eternity. Good thing i still got my v3 to vape with in the mean time.

I1smoker - i like your whip temps, but why do u use higher temps with the bags, especially all the way up to 240!!! those would be some super "spicy" bags. Do u elbow pack for bags? I never really do, just pack the cyclone, although elbow bags do get about 3/4 of a good bag. Elbows of kief for the win!

spikey - arizer has first class customer service. If your Q has a manufacturers defect i have no doubt steve would fix u up. If u encounter any problems post here and people can lead u in the right direction, or just contact arizer directly. But I also got my Q off ebay from rockwise and have no worries.

Mr. Smoke No More,

vape4life

Banned for life
absolutely he will...it's a manufacturers warranty.

spikeystud88 said:
Hey guys, been lurking for a while and finally decided to register!

I recently purchased a brand new extreme-q vape off ebay, and I was wondering if Arizer would still honor the warranties even though I got it off ebay (it's brand new, never opened). Does anyone know?

And if not who should I contact?

Thanks, these forums have already taught me so much!

vape4life,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Hey all. Been lucking for a few weeks trying to decide on the perfect Vape for my situation.

Let me start off by saying that this is a great site with great members. Tons of cool info on vaping. The best site I have come across. I am not new to vaping, but I am not a seasoned vet like some of the people around here. The only vape I am used to is a Volcano that a get to use 1-3 times a week.

I'm a MMJ patient here so cal and will only need to vape once a day, or even less (Mild Insomnia/trouble getting & staying asleep). I found a guy locally who is selling brand new Extreme Qs and got him to sell me one for $190. Did I find a good deal? I will be picking it up sometime early next week (monday or Tuesday) and am trying to read up and learn all I can about my soon to be vape.

Couple questions: What is elbow packing? I here A LOT of controversy on temps...and I know it is personal preference, but where should one start? I'll have pretty good bud (Medical...so it will be pretty good) and I will probably experiment with both the bag and whip system. Can someone give me like a quick like bullet point list of the few essential things I need to do to get the most out of my Q?

Also, I see a lot of talk of preheating...I don't really need huge vape clouds or to get mind blowingly ripped...I just need to get high then go to sleep (of course, at some point or another, I'm sure I'll want to orbit every now and then). Is preheating necessary in order for the unit to be used?

Thanks all...this thread and site is wonderful.

finchrock24,
Top Bottom