The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Giving away one brand new Arizer Extreme Q All-Glass Mini Whip. Shipping to anywhere in the world is on me. Send a PM and I will randomly select a recipient in about a week.

mod note: edited to request a PM rather than personal information

Last edited by a moderator:

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
No replies, so now it's first come, first served. I don't want your personal information, and in fact I always recommend using a fake name, if you can, for privacy purposes. Obviously, though, I'm going to need a name/address to mail anything. Giveaways are to boost my feedback before I begin selling on here, and also because these items aren't really worth much anyway.

Also now giving away to the first private messager: 1 Glass Cyclone Bowl

Last edited:

jedge

Hi to all
Did someone know what error 5 means for the v tower. Maybe i can repair it by myself.
Thank's for all

jedge,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Ok, the All-Glass Mini Whip has been claimed. The cyclone bowl is still available, as well as:
The Glass Mini-Whip with Glass Screen

The Frosted Glass Balloon Mouthpiece

The Tower Glass Heater Cover

They're all free, and shipping's on me. Just send me a pm.

fondoobious,

daoist

This guy sends everything as a c.o.d. parcel. and you have to pay money when you pick it up.
my package is stuck at the pick up point because they ask money. And also this guy lies about the package value or content, which is mail fraud.

I think this is just a weird operation you got running there.

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
That's not true. As I explained to you in the private message, I don't know how European import tariff's work or if brokerage fees will be charged, and I have no control over what UPS decides to levy upon arrival. The 7 Euros they tried to charge you would be paid to UPS, not to me. I do NOT profit from UPS's nasty little collection schemes. The customs declaration, which I'm happy to upload to you if you'd like to dispute the COD charge, states the content as"Glass Tube" with a value of 1 dollar.

To remedy the situation I offered to send you a second free aroma tube via regular postal mail(which could take months), but you declined my offer.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I didn't realize that refusing a package would trigger so much resentment and hostility. I was unaware of the level of distress this would cause you, and, once again, I apologize for trying, but failing, to send you free merchandise.

Last edited:
fondoobious,
Reactions: dendamper

daoist

Well i just assume it is ups fraud if it was not your intention to c.o.d. scam me. I am pretty sure a certain value is import-tax free And you told me not to pay if they asked. So i did not pay.

Anyway the package is now stuck at the pickup point. They probably send it back to you and send you a bill i assume.

I don't really feel scammed because i did not order anything and i did not pay anything.

I noticed that the only posts that you put here on the forum is sending people cracked glass for free.
Are you even vaping?

Well anyway i don't need your free glass. I just order my own glass from the local webshops, if i need it.
Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Thank you for understanding. Yes, I vape CBD isolate almost every day. If you view the list of my postings, you'll see that I'm giving away much more than cracked glass. Also, if you read my posts about the peak pro, versa orb, dabber switch of high five, it should be pretty obvious that I have used these devices.

fondoobious,
Reactions: daoist

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Just ordered an EQ, $118.00 delivered from Cream City Vapes.
My current CONVECTION vapes are, WEEDEATER, TM, RBT’s, MODPOD.

Thought it might be fun to have an all in one, ON DEMAND convection, AC desktop unit, most interested in just using the hose, not a fan of bags, sold my Volcano a year ago. The LOW price made this choice easy, I don’t have high expectations, but it seems versatile. Released in 2010, 11 years and still in production, says something....

RustyOldNail

Anyone using the NEWER DDave “Omega Wand”, these METAL titanium or SS metal wands, have replaced his previous all glass Arizer kits.

Toc the Younger

Anyone using the NEWER DDave “Omega Wand”, these METAL titanium or SS metal wands, have replaced his previous all glass Arizer kits.

I'm really interested in grabbing one of these,but not sure if there is a difference between using an omega wand and just using the Ddave 14mm microdosing adapter and one one of the 14mm wpa that come in the kit with a basket screen

I'm really interested in grabbing one of these,but not sure if there is a difference between using an omega wand and just using the Ddave 14mm microdosing adapter and one one of the 14mm wpa that come in the kit with a basket s

I'm really interested in grabbing one of these,but not sure if there is a difference between using an omega wand and just using the Ddave 14mm microdosing adapter and one one of the 14mm wpa that come in the kit with a basket screen
Oh,I missed the part that said these are replacing the old kits

Toc the Younger,
Reactions: BigJr48

RustyOldNail

Looking over his current lineup, DDave kit for just the Arizer EQ, the NEW METAL OMEGA wand has an 18mm male, that’s the stock heater size. He states the 14mm OMEGA wand is only for micro dosing when screen basket loading, as obviously you can’t fit as much in a 14mm screen basket, as in an 18mm.

If you packed just the bowl on his 18/14 adapter, you can load more then in a basket, then the DDave 14mm Omega wand would work, being a bit smaller, might add a touch of resistance? All my gear is 14mm compatible, so I try to avoid anything 18mm size wise, but in this case, as I would probably get the Omega Titanium 18mm, so I could load up that bigger basket.

I’m going to wait till I get the EQ, before buying anything else, seems Creme City Vapes rep for being slow on shipping is true.......

BTW: What happened to DDave? “Last seen Dec 29, 2020”..... :(

Last edited:
RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

Having read many previous posts here, as I await delivery, have NOT seen anyone report herb getting past the screen in the DDave heater adapters and dropping down on the heater, as this reviewer has....

Odd 4/2021 review here:

“The community has mostly come through with a method called ‘Elbow Packing’. There are metal filters that go inside the elbow joint glass attachments which are shaped like little cups. Many solo users find packing all the herb into those a better way of using a small amount of herb or herb when it’s very fine. It absolutely works but it’s a bit of a pain, especially to clean up so I dug a little deeper.

I found that some users like myself who own the portable Mighty vaporizer use the dosing caps included with these to hold herb. These are just small metal compartments with holes in them that you fill with herb to go inside the Mighty. You can put these straight into an Extreme Q’s bowl as a way to hold smaller amounts of material. It’s not as good as just using them in the Mighty but it’s certainly another option.

Eventually my rabbit hole led me to DDave mods for vaporisers. These are often raved about accessories to enhance standard vapes, made by a third party. People especially loved the ones for the Arizer Extreme Q so I wanted to give them a try as part of this review.

I bought one of the $100 kits which came with its own bowls, whips, and bag adapters as well as a few other helpful pieces. Bits like those metal grates but with a lid so they’re easier to clean (but no longer packable), funnels, and even wax if your glass is sticking.

I was most interested in these smaller bowls. They’re built much lower and wider which sits the cannabis closer to the heating unit. At first I was completely sold. They heat much faster, allow for solid hits with smaller amounts of product, plus the other adapters feel a bit clunkier but also like they allow for more airflow. I got far less pulls out of it though, which I expected to some degree with less product but it was worse than expected. When I removed the bowl, I found the answer.

Both the original bowls that came with the Arizer Extreme Q and the DDave mod bowls use a metal mesh inside them to stop herb falling straight through. The DDave mod bowls had to have these pushed into them, rather than coming free fitted. I tried both bowls and using different and sometimes even multiple filters, but thanks to the wider lower bowl I was losing a significant amount around the sides of the mesh. This falls onto the heating element, which is protected but it just seems wasteful.

It’s not that these mods don’t work, I’m just not sure they’re the best solution so for now I’m using the original bowls but with some of the DDave kit interchanged. It’s perfectly fine for solo use and still good bang for buck. Just not necessarily as economical as something designed for smaller uses.”

RustyOldNail,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I can only think that he was either grinding finer than you would want to, or his adapter or screens were out of spec. The screen fits quite loosely in the adapters especially if you've distorted the screen trying to install it. Personally, I didn't have any problems with the ddave kit, I have the full v3 glass kit and it's incredibly useful for almost all of my vapes!

I have to confess though, I very rarely vape with the eq these days, but it's exceptional for drying wet glass so use it most weeks still.

RustyOldNail

I can only think that he was either grinding finer than you would want to, or his adapter or screens were out of spec. The screen fits quite loosely in the adapters especially if you've distorted the screen trying to install it. Personally, I didn't have any problems with the ddave kit, I have the full v3 glass kit and it's incredibly useful for almost all of my vapes!

I have to confess though, I very rarely vape with the eq these days, but it's exceptional for drying wet glass so use it most weeks still.

Thanks, I’m catching up on reading in this thread, I’ve seen and read your contributions, THANKS!

I only bought this, now over 10 year device, as it’s inexpensive, and I wanted to try the fan assistance whip style vape.

In some videos I’ve seen using the Cyclone bowl, either with breath inhalation or with added fan output, the herb seems to blow around, and I finally read a post, that’s how they came up with the name “cyclone”, and that’s NORMAL behavior. So in regarding the reviewers critic from the link, I wondered if the bowl screen is perhaps blown around enough to let some bits fall through to the actual heater?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah, if you pull hard enough with the stock bowl you can get it moving. IMO, not a good idea! The herb just doesn't heat well like that! Honestly, you probably won't fill the bowl up more than a few times, basket packing, or elbow packing as we like to call it in this thread lol, is much more efficient and more enjoyable.

I used to load the ddave bowl sometimes, but it tends to loosely elbow pack itself if you do anyway, and the cleanup was doubled because you had to brush both the bowl and the basket. I guess what you suspect is possible, but it's down to technique.

Cheebsy,

RustyOldNail

Yeah, if you pull hard enough with the stock bowl you can get it moving. IMO, not a good idea! The herb just doesn't heat well like that! Honestly, you probably won't fill the bowl up more than a few times, basket packing, or elbow packing as we like to call it in this thread lol, is much more efficient and more enjoyable.

I used to load the ddave bowl sometimes, but it tends to loosely elbow pack itself if you do anyway, and the cleanup was doubled because you had to brush both the bowl and the basket. I guess what you suspect is possible, but it's down to technique.

Thanks, that’s basically what I’ve been thinking too.
Not a “bag” fan, though nice option. (Sold my old analog Volcano)

*Main motivation was using the WHIP with “fan air assist”, and removing load from heater in between long spaced out hits.

Looking at the main two loading options, the basket screen elbow pack looks easier, as I’m used to “straw sucking” the herb with my TM, RBA stem baskets etc.

The other advantage at least to me, is it seems it would be easier to take the wand off the EQ, in between hits, then removing the hotter lower bowl. I may try the DDave kits after I learn the base configuration, and see what parts I might feel needs improvement.

Thanks for humoring me, just an inexpensive vaporizer that hopefully fills a small hole in my device arsenal.
5 days after ordering, I see a shipping “label” was generated, so another week.......

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey, no problem man. I don't use it very often, the way it was intended, but I'd never get rid of it! I mean, you can even decarb with the aroma cup of you don't want to do much! This thing is very versatile, and hard wearing one, and I don't think you'll regret buying it, even if you only use it for vaping for a change of pace, it's useful in other ways 👍.

The TM puts it to shame though tbh, especially without the ddave bowl. If you can find, or have a really short, female to female 18mm adapter you should try it, the secret is getting the load closer to the heater.

RustyOldNail

Hey, no problem man. I don't use it very often, the way it was intended, but I'd never get rid of it! I mean, you can even decarb with the aroma cup of you don't want to do much! This thing is very versatile, and hard wearing one, and I don't think you'll regret buying it, even if you only use it for vaping for a change of pace, it's useful in other ways 👍.

The TM puts it to shame though tbh, especially without the ddave bowl. If you can find, or have a really short, female to female 18mm adapter you should try it, the secret is getting the load closer to the heater.

You must have ESP, just looking through my glass adapter collection, seems there might be a few short 18mm F-F in there.

RustyOldNail

Just bought the DDave “Omega Vaporizer Wand & Mod Kit”.
He has an August 10% OFF code on his site.

I’m hoping the new 18mm titanium wand doesn’t cause to much torque on top of the EQ with a whip, since it’s NOT elbow shaped, but short vertical. All the other items in the kit were desired anyways, and it’s cheaper and better then trying to source all the parts separately. I wrote to @DDave and said WE miss him on FC......

RustyOldNail

Not sure how many still use an EQ, but I just bought the product below. Hoping it will be great for holding HOT bowls and wands, if and when you want to remove the load, for stretched out sessions.

This is a 3-prong holder, they make a 5-prong holder and various colors, and you can adapt to either 18mm or 14mm. I went with RED, to remind me stuff is HOT.

C2A7F24B-35B9-468A-9263-E8AB1A3FA6E8.jpeg

Top Bottom