The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

blastfromdapast

Hey all, just thought I'd make a quick mention that Arizer has released a new vaporizer called the Extreme-Q. It will be widely available soon.

I also want to rant and rave about how excellent this new vape is, but I'll let you all be the judges. Check it out, then let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions. I'll check back often and do my best to answer all inquiries.

----

eqtn.jpg

lcdcn.jpg

[h]Reviews in this thread[/h]
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=108237#p108237
I have had mine since 2012 and it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. But I like to have another elbow (glass) for the both ends of the hose and run it thru a water piece. It gets you some .........er medicated.

Endless Interim

Nice , please report after some sessions :rockon:
Yes indeed.So here we go.Pictures will be uploaded later today.I got the EQ and when I retrieved it from the locker the mailman left it in I thought wow.....this is light!!
Opened it up and was blown away at how small it is.Looks bigger in pictures.I heated it up to 458 F and did a burn off for 30 minutes then lowered the temp to 330 F an I didn't use the whip or bags I added the cyclone bowl and the long elbow type tube you use to attach the bag too

So it looks like it is ready to put a bag on but instead just hit off that.Pics will show what I mean.Cherry Pie is a hybrid strain that leans more towards Indica.The bud when I upload pics will show orange riddled in kinda a full green color.It is somewhat hard to the touch but when you cut,tear it,pinch it it is sticky but not so sticky it is stuck on your fingers.

It has a lemongrass,spicy,citrusy tast and to sum it up it tastes like a strong IPA beer.Very strong smelling.You first think you smell skunk but then it starts to smell like an IPA beer then lemongrass take over.

I broke a small nug the size of a quarter in half and then used scissors to cut it up to five big chunks....so very course if you can even call it that.Put it in the cyclone bowl then added the big long elbow and let it get hot for another 10 minutes.

First 3 hits zero visible vapor but could feel the slight warmth of vapor go down my throat and the taste was insane.Pure taste now warming up releasing a strong IPA citrus type smell.Turned it up to 360 F and started getting visible vapor for another 8 hits.

My roommate was hitting it too for the same amount of hits too.Then turned up to 390F and clouds were very visible which I didn't think would be just turned up a tad more.We were taking slow 10 second hits that filled up our longs with a lot of visible vapor causing a few coughs here and there.

Man....this strain was a real bitch at making our throats D-R-Y.No matter how much water we drank.The herb really jumps around in the cyclone bowl too needing to rarely stir it.
We both got a good 25 hits before which I'll show in pics spent the bus to a nice golden brown with some green left.So it could be cut up a bit more but very impressive considering.Thinking of finishing up the spent pieces in my Dynavap.

The EQ was very cool to the touch and ran like a champ.Kit included two cyclone bowls as well and I never found the glass too hot at all to touch and the EQ was on for about an hour and a half.

Cherry Pie ๐Ÿ’ comes on very fast as I felt it buzz me about 10 minutes after the first 4 hits.Then it slowly gives a nice buzz making you wonder how much more will it kick in.About 40 minutes later it hits hard and we be high.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ˜ง๐Ÿ˜‚.

Another half hour and I eating my words," Man,this mid tier hybrid ain't shhhiii ...t."

"Oh man I AM Fuckeeeeddd UP!"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ laughing like crazy.Very good non paranoid high ...went great with very old school Gary Numan and Kraftwerk keyboards and really made it hard to do anything ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Could hardly wash the filter in my cold steeped coffee.... made me really have to concentrate on whatever I did....very stoney high.

I give the EQ two thumbs up.This thing can be very dialed in from average to cranked up and ripping out huge clouds.This is also stock and no Ddave mods yet.No funny taste so the burn off must've worked.

Until I can get growing this half lid will last for a long time as this unit didn't really seem to cook it while we both took breaks.A tiny amount knocked both of us on our ass.Very efficient.

The high was very trippy with music and I thought I heard my laptop make "noises" twice๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.Laptop has no moving/HDD parts....all sad and quiet.

Can we say stoned as a kite here? Lol.

Endless Interim

Please excuse the misspelled words....fucking spell check lol.

This strain was really good for pain.Slept great too.It kicks in hard when it does.The EQ cooled down in about 25-30 minutes and you could barely tell it was on.Today I'll test it with the fan and such.The draw on it was not restrictive at all.In a 10-15 second pull you have tons of thick vape.

Well ...it is light out.....wake n bake time it is.I'll post more thoughts as they come.

Few pics for now....Gonna lite up my Dyna now.CHERRY2.jpgCHERRY1.jpg

IMG_20210516_070709220.jpg

daoist

I have had mine since 2012 and it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. But I like to have another elbow (glass) for the both ends of the hose and run it thru a water piece. It gets you some .........er medicated.
The herborizer whip elbows work great, less restriction because they are in 45 degree angle instead of 90 degree. The whip is also wider.
They work perfect on the extreme q. I have them. I also have Arizer all-glass filter elbow (so you don't need the dome screen), which i can highly recommend for better flavour experience.

I wanted to give you that advise.

Endless Interim

I have not used the whip or the bags yet and I have no Ddave mods.....yet.I have been hitting my Dynavap big time and using concentrates like crazy since I get a huge discount on 'em from work.Plus I have been working 16hr shifts non stop so I have been too lazy to break out the EQ lol.On my EQ the cyclone bowl never gets too hot to touch regardless of how hot I run it so myself I'll probably wait on the mods for a little while.

I found the EQ to be very efficient as I can take a Dynavap amount of weed...or two and get several really huge hits.First day I had it me and a friend loaded it up pretty full and it lasted pretty long.I was very surprised at how long we able to hit it.

One thing that really surprised me was how small and light it was.The warm up time ain't shit(10-15) minutes at least to me is no big deal as I plug it in turn it on and by the time I get all my ancillaries out and what tunes to listen to first it is ready to go...but that's just me.

Enjoy! I believe the EQ is underrated.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
About to get an extreme Q, can you guys make some suggestions on best temps for the whip and bag with the original stock pieces for most dense smoke possible without combusting? Also would like to hear best temps using the ddave bowl as well! Lastly, any custom bags for the EQ? Like a 6-10 ft bag for a large group?
You can use other bags with the EQ, even Reynolds Turkey bags from the grocery store. It's personal preference what temp to use. I like 336, but I prefer lower temp for flavor and effects. I do get clouds at that temp. You can always raise the temp later in the bowl to get remaining terms.
@DDave has made an art of modding the EQ, and he's reasonably priced if you decide your toy needs toys.
Enjoy your EQ. She was my first vape, and I love, and use, her to this day.

daoist

About to get an extreme Q, can you guys make some suggestions on best temps for the whip and bag with the original stock pieces for most dense smoke possible without combusting? Also would like to hear best temps using the ddave bowl as well! Lastly, any custom bags for the EQ? Like a 6-10 ft bag for a large group?
I like my Extreme-Q the best at 195c degree. you can go up to 210 celsius if you like, but I personally like 195c better.
With my EQ I often temperature surf. Start at 185c, then go to 195c. I used to finish off the bowl by surfing to 210c but now i don't really bother doing that anymore because most of the terps are gone at 195 anyway. There is probably risk of hazardous vape or benzene or some stuff above 200 degree it also starts to taste bad. 195c is the medical temperature and i stick with that. I never really liked the high temps that much anyway. 195c is considered the "medical" temperature where pretty much all terpenes are vaporized but not the hazardous stuff like benzene which starts above 200c. I have played around with it. I could go up to maybe 197/198c. But above 200 it just starts to taste bad.

I prefer the bags at fan speed 1 because the vapor has plenty of time to cool off and is smoothest. with the glass-filter (whip or elbow) the taste is really good and smoother as well. fan speed 2 gives a bit coarser vape,, and fan speed 3 is just not good.

For bigger clouds i recommend to heat soak the bowl for 10 to 15 minutes. But usually i hit it after about 8 minutes, i dont really need insane big clouds. I just like it smooth and not cough my ass off.

Arizer has big bags that probably should give you at least 6 big hits, but 8 normal hits is possible to. but you can buy food grade oven bags for cooking a turkey. I doubt that those turkey bags are bigger than the arizer big bags though. Arizer has small bags too. But when i bought my EQ it came with the big bags.

I remember ordering two new bags with glass mouthpiece already attached and they gave me the small bags. when i ordered just the bags without the mouthpiece i got the big bags. So i am not sure what was going on there. You might want to check the Arizer website. The small bags give you 4 hits, the big bags give you probably 8 normal hits .

Another reason I like the bags is that it seems to hit me the hardest. But the whip is nice to if you just want to take one hit every 15 or 20 minutes or something. You can just put it next to the couch or on your desk and take it easy and relax and just enjoy yourself.

The EQ is very versatile. I hope this info helped you a bit.

Last edited:
I like my Extreme-Q the best at 195c degree. you can go up to 210 celsius if you like, but I personally like 195c better.
With my EQ I often temperature surf. Start at 185c, then go to 195c. I used to finish off the bowl by surfing to 210c but now i don't really bother doing that anymore because most of the terps are gone at 195 anyway. There is probably risk of hazardous vape or benzene or some stuff above 200 degree it also starts to taste bad. 195c is the medical temperature and i stick with that. I never really liked the high temps that much anyway. 195c is considered the "medical" temperature where pretty much all terpenes are vaporized but not the hazardous stuff like benzene which starts above 200c. I have played around with it. I could go up to maybe 197/198c. But above 200 it just starts to taste bad.

I prefer the bags at fan speed 1 because the vapor has plenty of time to cool off and is smoothest. with the glass-filter (whip or elbow) the taste is really good and smoother as well. fan speed 2 gives a bit coarser vape,, and fan speed 3 is just not good.

For bigger clouds i recommend to heat soak the bowl for 10 to 15 minutes. But usually i hit it after about 8 minutes, i dont really need insane big clouds. I just like it smooth and not cough my ass off.

Arizer has big bags that probably should give you at least 6 big hits, but 8 normal hits is possible to. but you can buy food grade oven bags for cooking a turkey. I doubt that those turkey bags are bigger than the arizer big bags though. Arizer has small bags too. But when i bought my EQ it came with the big bags.

I remember ordering two new bags with glass mouthpiece already attached and they gave me the small bags. when i ordered just the bags without the mouthpiece i got the big bags. So i am not sure what was going on there. You might want to check the Arizer website. The small bags give you 4 hits, the big bags give you probably 8 normal hits .

Another reason I like the bags is that it seems to hit me the hardest. But the whip is nice to if you just want to take one hit every 15 or 20 minutes or something. You can just put it next to the couch or on your desk and take it easy and relax and just enjoy yourself.

The EQ is very versatile. I hope this info helped you a bit.
Thank you for the thorough response! I really appreciate it and will take everything into account. So for the whip, how long can you just let a bowl sit there without roasting the flower and wasting it? I know thatโ€™s slightly subjective to temp and how often you hit it but could you maybe give an example? Also do you do the same temps (185-210) with whip?

daoist

You can just leave the bowl on there if you use the whip or balloon. I have had the EQ on for hours on end while gaming and the herb did not go bad. But if you are worried about that, it has a timer mode also. So you can program it to auto shut off. This can be programmed from 30 minutes to 4 hours with 30 minutes increments (for example shutoff after 1 hour or 2,5 hours or 30 minutes). And it just goes off, it does not care if you are in the middle of a hit or not, which happened to me one time. I thought my EQ was broken, but it was just the shutdown timer that was activated. lol.

You would expect that it goes bad if the bowl is on there for long, but it does not. For the whip I would go up to 198c max. For the balloons i use 198c too,. The ballons are cooler on the throat, so you can go up to 210c with that and still have a cool hit. I would not recommend it though because it just does not taste very good and there is more harm than gain at these temperatures.

The ideal amount of herb in the bowl is about 0,4 gram,maybe you can get away with fine grinded 0,5gram. or if you just like to eyeball it just fill it up to just below the black sillicon on the bowl.
You will notice during the vaping the weed will shrink. Also stir after every 3 hits or so. Or just stir after not much vapor comes out. Than you just stir and you will get more vape.

Of course you can just test for yourself what you like best.
Or you can use the low temps during the day and use the higher temps during the evening.

My opinion on the temperatures in a nutshell.
180c /356f A bit to low temperature for the EQ. Not very cloudy.
185c/365f Nice cloudy active Sativa high. Around here cbd starts to come in.
190c/374f usually not to much of a change from 185 but this can depend on your strain so just try it
but personally i go from 185c straight to 198c.
195c/383f This should give you pretty much full entourage effects.
Some weed maybe have terpenes that require a bit higher temps.
So than you can go to
198c/388f

So Basicly you should try temperature surfing by taking a few hits at 180, 185, 190, 198. And than see what effect you like best. Because there is a difference in the high. Like i said before I just use 185c than go up to 198, you just have to try what you like for yourself.

I will show you the chart:
3-Decarboxylation-Temperatures-Chart-v2.jpg
Vaping-Temperature-Chart-02.png

Last edited:
You can just leave the bowl on there if you use the whip or balloon. I have had the EQ on for hours on end while gaming and the herb did not go bad. But if you are worried about that, it has a timer mode also. So you can program it to auto shut off. This can be programmed from 30 minutes to 4 hours with 30 minutes increments (for example shutoff after 1 hour or 2,5 hours or 30 minutes). And it just goes off, it does not care if you are in the middle of a hit or not, which happened to me one time. I thought my EQ was broken, but it was just the shutdown timer that was activated. lol.

You would expect that it goes bad if the bowl is on there for long, but it does not. For the whip I would go up to 198c max. For the balloons i use 198c too,. The ballons are cooler on the throat, so you can go up to 210c with that and still have a cool hit. I would not recommend it though because it just does not taste very good and there is more harm than gain at these temperatures.

The ideal amount of herb in the bowl is about 0,4 gram,maybe you can get away with fine grinded 0,5gram. or if you just like to eyeball it just fill it up to just below the black sillicon on the bowl.
You will notice during the vaping the weed will shrink. Also stir after every 3 hits or so. Or just stir after not much vapor comes out. Than you just stir and you will get more vape.

Of course you can just test for yourself what you like best.
Or you can use the low temps during the day and use the higher temps during the evening.

My opinion on the temperatures in a nutshell.
180c /356f A bit to low temperature for the EQ. Not very cloudy.
185c/365f Nice cloudy active Sativa high. Around here cbd starts to come in.
190c/374f usually not to much of a change from 185 but this can depend on your strain so just try it
but personally i go from 185c straight to 198c.
195c/383f This should give you pretty much full entourage effects.
Some weed maybe have terpenes that require a bit higher temps.
So than you can go to
198c/388f

So Basicly you should try temperature surfing by taking a few hits at 180, 185, 190, 198. And than see what effect you like best. Because there is a difference in the high. Like i said before I just use 185c than go up to 198, you just have to try what you like for yourself.

I will show you the chart:
3-Decarboxylation-Temperatures-Chart-v2.jpg
Vaping-Temperature-Chart-02.png
Wow. Thank you again for another thorough response. Itโ€™s so mind bottling to me thinking that the flower isnโ€™t being wasted while sitting on top of the active heater! But itโ€™s also very relieving to think about knowing your weed wonโ€™t be wasted while Iโ€™m in between hits and coughing lol. But dang man thanks a tons!

daoist

Well the glass bowl will get hot, but it is surrounded by air at room temperature, that why it remains cool enough to not waste the herb.
What happens when you inhale, or put the fan on, is that air goes up past the heater element and that hot air goes past the herb. this causes the herb to vaporize. So the only time your herb gets spend is when you inhale.

the bowl will be a bit hot, but that is just the heat soak. It actually helps a bit to produce clouds but it is not anywhere close to hybrid technology
where the bowl would have to be full conduction.

If you want full convection with none of the worries about heat soaking the bowl or wasting the weed, there is only one solution.
The Herborizer. Because you can take the heater off and put it in a seperate stand. I own two herborizers, but I still can enjoy my Extreme Q very much and still regularly use it. The EQ is a geat little machine that keeps on going.

So when do you get it? Are you going to write a trip report for us when it arrives?

Last edited:
Well the glass bowl will get hot, but it is surrounded by air at room temperature, that why it remains cool enough to not waste the herb.
What happens when you inhale, or put the fan on, is that air goes up past the heater element and that hot air goes past the herb. this causes the herb to vaporize. So the only time your herb gets spend is when you inhale.

the bowl will be a bit hot, but that is just the heat soak. It actually helps a bit to produce clouds but it is not anywhere close to hybrid technology
where the bowl would have to be full conduction.

If you want full convection with none of the worries about heat soaking the bowl or wasting the weed, there is only one solution.
The Herborizer. Because you can take the heater off and put it in a seperate stand. I own two herborizers, but I still can enjoy my Extreme Q very much and still regularly use it. The EQ is a geat little machine that keeps on going.

So when do you get it? Are you going to write a trip report for us when it arrives?
looking to get it before the 22nd of this month itโ€™ll be my bday hahah scrapping up change as we speak!! And I will most definitely be leaving a trip report hopefully I can provide a good story about my trip to the moon. But man I love you for all this information itโ€™s mentally prepared me for purchasing this product and itโ€™s only made me more stoked to get it!

daoist

v tower is just the whip. EQ is whip plus balloons plus remote, plus fan, plus more glass pieces (glass whip) because of the balloons.
Here in europe the V tower is 110 euro at the moment, the EQ 129 euro. So I would go for the EQ because the price difference is very small.

DogDad

My raise temp button does not work. I can lower temps and the other buttons work fine. Any fix for this button not working to raise the temps?

daoist

You can raise the temperature with the remote. You can also try to open up the EQ by loosening 4 screws on the bottom.
Then maybe you can check if there is a bad contact or something. I would imagine this kind of a thing is under warrantee.

But here is a video on how to open the EQ. So maybe you can do a visual check if any unsual things are going on (loose wire?, bad contact?)
Do this at your own risk and the device disconnected from the power outlet.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Several other solutions, such as the flowerpot or elev8r to name just 2 others.
And several portables provide this capability.

I bought my eq years ago as my first proper desktop. I still have it although it doesn't get used now, I just can't part with it.
Never really got on with the bags, but loved the whip.
Such a great piece of kit for a reasonable price. Chuffed to see it still loved by so many....

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah I agree, I can't get rid of mine either. I gave one to a mate, and my second I use it rarely for vaping, but all the time to dry a clean stem or hook etc. You can decarb small amounts of flower in the aroma cup too if you want!

Top Bottom