The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

I've been using my EQ for about 4 months and I have to say I don't see the point of elbow packing.

This is because the elbow seems to pack itself automatically once you start taking draws. When I take it off at the end of a session it's always packed pretty tight just like if I had done it by hand. Lately I've even gotten in the habit of blowing into the whip to unpack it which has an effect similar to stirring the bowl. It's still packed again at the end of a session however.

I did upgrade with the new Connisseur bowl from the EQ2 but the old Cyclone bowl also behaved the same.

V_for_Vaping

My new Q just arrived yesterday! This is when I hate being a microdoser because all I want to do is play with it.

I’ve read through a fraction of these pages but based on my two times using it, I’m not understanding why everyone feels it is necessary to get mods for this or why so many of you say it’s not for microdosing small amounts. Is it just about chasing clouds?

I was planning to order a mod but since I got exactly what I needed/expected (actually it hit me harder than expected) from my 0.04 g load each time, I doubt I will.

V_for_Vaping,
Reactions: Floydian

PeteyS

Im also a microdoser and V-tower user.
In stock form, the V-tower hits kind of weak, and has that huge bowl that needs to be filled in order for the convection to work properly.

To keep with smaller loads, you have to "elbow pack" it. You can fit 0.1 in the elbow, and get strong rips. Remember to keep the temps close to the max 260c(The arizer reads temps on the low-end)

However, to truly use this machine as a microdoser, you should look into D-daves "one hitter mod", it consists of the daves shorter bowl, a whip, mouthpiece and stem. This setup now places the flower as close to the arizer's heater as you can possibly get, and gets one massive rip per bowl. The bowl size is 0.035-0.05g max.

With this mod, you can return the temperature back to normal, i run it at 200c-230c. Works natively in a small water piece as well.

I can vouch for this one hitter, as its all i use at home. I also have a Crafty+ which is what i use outdoors, but as a daily driver, the bowl is too large and in-efficient with smaller loads.

Some other tips would be to give the vape a good 20 minutes to warmup from cold, Best if you just leave the unit on from morning, until night.
And also, give a good 30 seconds to let your flower warmup on the rig before taking that hit.

Props to 3l3tric, he seems to know whats up with the extreme Q.

4-Aces King-High

I agree with the microdosing and being eager to try the EQ for what it was intended for, with a GIANT bowl lol.
Received my EQ this evening. Waiting till the morning to give it a go . Cheers.

My new Q just arrived yesterday! This is when I hate being a microdoser because all I want to do is play with it.

I’ve read through a fraction of these pages but based on my two times using it, I’m not understanding why everyone feels it is necessary to get mods for this or why so many of you say it’s not for microdosing small amounts. Is it just about chasing clouds?

I was planning to order a mod but since I got exactly what I needed/expected (actually it hit me harder than expected) from my 0.04 g load each time, I doubt I will.
Apologies this was in my mind lol, was supposed to go with post above - noob errors.

4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: kellya86

randomperson

310722291_171525662132045_8047959746512355253_n.jpg

nooooooooooooo:(

slipped out of my hands from about knee hight :(

I've been happily using this since 2014.

It still heats up but won't display proper temperature anymore.

In 2020 i got the new elbow it improved the extreme q greatly.

https://blog.vapefuse.com/arizer-glass-elbow-adapter-with-glass-screen/

arefx

I know it's not a volcano or baller but I busted the eq out last night after using the flowerpot for many many months and I gotta say this thing still rips.

Elbow packing at 465f with the whip which I almost never use I had great results. I ground up 0.80g and vaped it over the course of about 4 hours in the evening and I gotta say it got me pretty fuckin fried. I ended up falling asleep on the couch next to it on my end table until like 2:30am 😂.

I bought this thing a couple years ago from some sorta sketchy looking website for like 90$ on sale and it's been awesome.

Edit: Here's a big rip from it 🤙 (YouTube)

Last edited:

Cereal4dinner

Q2 was my first vape, the ddave mod was an amazing upgrade. With that mod you can twax and vape hash. The different wands you can get with different depths can make your experience more versatile to fit your needs as your needs change which they will. I dont Like what I’ve been reading about the vapour path not being isolated tho.. I don’t want to b breathing in offgasing electrical components…. Also crazy how much toxic shit tv’s emit in your living rooms lol!

frobro

Hey everyone! Feel like ive been here forever catching up on this thread. About halfway through I jumped around some and finished the last 50 or so pages. I was doing elbow packs from the whip and added a water piece like everyone suggested. Went ahead and also got the omega kit from ddave which just arrived. I did not notice this in the thread anywhere, but I am putting the screens into the short ddave adapter, and the screens either stay bent, or the one I got in there decently blows around when the fan is on. I cant imagine that is supposed to happen and the screen should fit pretty flush? Any tips? There are 2 sized screens

I watched both videos posted to youtube. Did anyone else have any issues and does anyone have any tips?

Edit: Welp, looks like 10 of my screens are under 1 inch and 4 of my screens are just over 1 inch. The small ones move around in the adapter when drawing and some of the bud can fall below when not elbow packing. Ill give the larger screens an attempt.

Last Edit: The large screens may be a bit to large as they have to crumple to fit which leaves a pocket opeb. I will probably message ddave but for now elbow packing at 210 has been nice with the new small bowl.

Last edited:
frobro,
Reactions: Mad_Max

hoptimum

Hey everyone! Feel like ive been here forever catching up on this thread. About halfway through I jumped around some and finished the last 50 or so pages. I was doing elbow packs from the whip and added a water piece like everyone suggested. Went ahead and also got the omega kit from ddave which just arrived. I did not notice this in the thread anywhere, but I am putting the screens into the short ddave adapter, and the screens either stay bent, or the one I got in there decently blows around when the fan is on. I cant imagine that is supposed to happen and the screen should fit pretty flush? Any tips? There are 2 sized screens

I watched both videos posted to youtube. Did anyone else have any issues and does anyone have any tips?

Edit: Welp, looks like 10 of my screens are under 1 inch and 4 of my screens are just over 1 inch. The small ones move around in the adapter when drawing and some of the bud can fall below when not elbow packing. Ill give the larger screens an attempt.

Last Edit: The large screens may be a bit to large as they have to crumple to fit which leaves a pocket opeb. I will probably message ddave but for now elbow packing at 210 has been nice with the new small bowl.
I never bought into elbow packing.

Zander

I got an opportunity to buy an eq for an amazing price 2 years ago, and I most certainly do not regret it. it was worth every single penny. i only use it with the whip which I really love but this is the second time that my upper left front tooth ends up with a small chip in it that seems to have a circular look to it just like the glass mouthpiece at the end of the whip and I’m starting to wonder if I sometimes knock myself in the tooth with the tip of the mouthpiece when I’m smoking haha I’m a bit embarrassed about admitting that. should I just take out the glass mouthpiece?

Zander,
Reactions: cosimo

Raskolnikov

I've been using my EQ for about 4 months and I have to say I don't see the point of elbow packing.

This is because the elbow seems to pack itself automatically once you start taking draws. When I take it off at the end of a session it's always packed pretty tight just like if I had done it by hand. Lately I've even gotten in the habit of blowing into the whip to unpack it which has an effect similar to stirring the bowl. It's still packed again at the end of a session however.

I did upgrade with the new Connisseur bowl from the EQ2 but the old Cyclone bowl also behaved the same.
Elbow packing was shit imo. DDave bowl with a glass elbow adaptor and whip on fan 1 was my favourite. DDave bowl makes a huge difference. Makes the herb closer to the heater.

I have an EQ for spares or repair if anyone wants it. DDave bowl, Original EQ bowl and an unused bag and mouthpiece. Pile of elbow screens too.

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Anybody have any experience with putting balls next to the heater under the flower? I'm curious about experimenting but am not sure they'd get hot enough themselves to lend any thermal mass.

maskedcorrespondent,

hoptimum

Anybody have any experience with putting balls next to the heater under the flower? I'm curious about experimenting but am not sure they'd get hot enough themselves to lend any thermal mass.
I‘ve done it and it sort of works, though not as well as a Silver Surfer.

hoptimum,
Top Bottom