The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

flylowgethigh

I ordered an Eq at half price yesterday ($135 shipped). When it gets here and is up and running, I can finally send my Volcano Hybrid in to get the display fixed. I will use the whip, hopefully it is in the same league as the 'cano for temp control.
Tried it out today. The 90* whip adapter is stuck in the stock chamber they give you, and I can't get it apart. Is there a trick with the 18mm joint which will get really hot, so it comes apart after use? Can't dump the ABV, and it just sits there baking cause the parts are stuck together. I tried heating it with water in case some oil had gotten on the mating surface.

flylowgethigh,
Reactions: ataxian

Cheebsy

Mostly elev8ed
You can try rocking the joint slightly, that should get it loose. Do not twist if you can avoid it. When you get them apart you can use a little bees wax the help with this problem, just a tiny amount is all you need.

Cheebsy,

MasterChief

So I got the EQ. I wanted to know what your technique for the best results. What temp to use for the whip? What about for the balloon? How long do you preheat? Do you let your herb preheat? Do you pack loose or tight?

MasterChief,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I got the EQ. I wanted to know what your technique for the best results. What temp to use for the whip? What about for the balloon? How long do you preheat? Do you let your herb preheat? Do you pack loose or tight?
Whatever your need’s R?
One degree from your boiling point?
Just do it!
Enjoy.
Q = uplifting
15minute pre-heat is my guess? (Seem’s 2 work)
Loose pack normally!

Last edited:
ataxian,

herbasam

So, I emailed Arizer and asked about this. Kevin from Arizer replied:
"After speaking with our engineers I am told that the appearance of this piece is normal -- it is a bracing part for the ceramic heater made out of a blend of ceramic and mica, it's non-toxic and safe unless exposed to open flame. Being that this part comes into direct contact to the ceramic core to brace it, after use it will appear like this because it can soften very slightly when the unit is heating, but rest-assured it is completely safe to use; it does not pose any health or safety concerns. "

So, according to the engineers the melting is normal, i.e., expected! And the piece is supposed to be mica+ceramic. Note that others have posted that they've been told it's just mica by Arizer. Anyways, from the information I can gather a mica ceramic blend should not melt at the temperatures reached by the heater.
I replied and asked for the exact material of the piece and got no answer (10 days ago)
I asked to them respond to this thread and they didnt. Not officially that is...

My conclusion: fuck them and I'll never touch my EQ again (got a LSV instead)
could I get a picture please

herbasam,

TwistedGray

420F*
Whip / Stubby glass piece
(I don't balloon)
I do not preheat
It takes roughly 10 minutes to produce vapor
I take a draw, and if I get vapor, I sip on it for about a half an hour or when vapor stops.
I don't grind (I pick apart bud with fingers)

*Strangely high considering I run my AIR I on the lowest setting (blue light aka 356F), and love it there; however, with this beast I haven't found a better temp range. For reference, the highest setting on the AIR I (red light, 410F) is still less than the EQ, yet the EQ at +10F tastes just as good to me as the AIR I at a lower temp range. My guess is that it has to do with the chamber volume size...356F on a really small chamber versus 420F on a chamber substantially larger (relative in size).

TwistedGray,

daoist

I use the EQ at 185 degree celcius, than i temperature surf to 195 celsius. I just keep the ABV to finish off in my mighty at 210.
The pre heat is about 5 minutes. then little vape comes out but very tasty, but at about 8 minutes you can get full thick vapor.
I personally don't preheat to long because vapor is to thick. for the first couple of hits. But you may like it. you can get super white vape bags if you pre heat for 10 to 15 minutes or so, but that is pretty intense. So i just start vaping after 5 minutes.

I like the balloons at fan speed 1. With the whip i just use the all glass elbow with glass screen for best flavour, that is optional arizer part. They have a balloon glas-whip to with the glass filter but the vaposhop fucked up my order, so i have not tried it.

I often use the whip or the balloon on a bong. The balloons are nice (i got the big balloons) which let you take 5 or 6 hits. per balloon.
I think the balloons at fan speed one are the best quality vape because it is a really slow draw. But the whip is nice for just take a toke when you feel like it.

don't forget to stir the bowl.

The EQ was my first vaporizer, and i still use it once in a while, even though i have a herborizer and a mighty. the EQ is just the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Tommybwell

Has anyone received anything for your Q from DDave Mods? I placed an order on 12/4 and have not received it and they have not responded to multiple messages. Is this their usual customer service?

Tommybwell,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all! :wave:

Bit late to the party with this one but a long time ago I had a few requests to whip up an organizer for the EQ's various components. After a bunch of R&D testing with my own EQ I've finalized v1.0 of my new ExtremeQ Organizer Tray!

20210103_143349__74603.1609709490.1280.1280[1].png

This organizer tray requires no modifications for installation and holds multiple bags, picks/tools, glass pieces (18mm/14mm/10mm), pocket for screens, even a velcro strap in the back for whip storage after your session! I've been really excited to share this with the community, looking forward to some feedback on the design :science:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Hey all! :wave:

Bit late to the party with this one but a long time ago I had a few requests to whip up an organizer for the EQ's various components. After a bunch of R&D testing with my own EQ I've finalized v1.0 of my new ExtremeQ Organizer Tray!
View attachment 4948

This organizer tray requires no modifications for installation and holds multiple bags, picks/tools, glass pieces (18mm/14mm/10mm), pocket for screens, even a velcro strap in the back for whip storage after your session! I've been really excited to share this with the community, looking forward to some feedback on the design :science:
My brother could use this! Awesome!

Top Bottom