The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Just thinking, Not sure if a wire brush on the ceramic is recommended or not. But can understand if taste is an issue.
If you can fleck it of like paint chips, then perhaps avoid any scouring action? But IDK. Good luck!

I wouldn't have wire brushed the mesh in place, it's all been removed to be cleaned, it's been reassembled now, after a couple of burn offs, is much better now...but still a hint of that awful taste, anyway new heater cover on order for him....
This is what I really like abut the eq, it's designed in such a way that it's almost immortal as long as you can buy parts...

Oldvape53

Heh, the vape gods must of really wanted me to have that bubbler, traveled across Canada in 1 night. It indeed works very well, no more super dry vapor for me! My silicon whips get here tomorrow, 2 days across Canada. Anything else I get from Ontario usually takes 5 days min.....

TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt

Newest addition to my setup, vapor path is getting a bit long
SXOGkWr.jpg

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt Interesting choice of downstem with your water piece and having a wide throat all above that. Sure you are getting an interesting taste profile from that. :pI'm thinking about the action on it for a sec. Do the bubbles stack up really high when you draw?

If the hose is at the length that works for you then all good. I went with the shortest and best arc with mine for more throat. But I came up with an extra long whip setup as an option. You have a one handed ergomanic with a thick rubber bottom that can be plopped down any where the length of the hose allows. Another variation the EQ with it's stable (but sometimes a little too light:doh:) platform allows.

Ok, looked back and I didn't enshrine my d-wand, I actually overlapped a 4 inch strip of silicone hose over the outside as a little drop protection and heat insulation. Hot glass tends breaks easier at it's weakest points and all that.

It is worth it to me to get the 1/2 I.D. in bulk as well as the 1/2 O.D. :nod: What I was using before others used the whip end in their setups. But I might not have come up with my double walled idea, that I'm fond of now. Who know?:shrug:It can hang goosenecked for any situation, and I can use the tongs to keep the heavier, longer whip attachments on and behaved.

Still open to basket screen alternatives.:peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I realised I can get some insane hits using my ssv wand...
All I have to do is load everything,

1.load wand above basket...
2.load a basket screen as normal (or with some kief or oil, or both fuck it..)
3.load adapter...
4.leave to heat soak on 210 for a minute..
5.blow your fucking head off....

This takes a lot of herb, and will affect my tolerance, so special occasions only...

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I threw a one inch piece into 99% iso the other day to see if long term exposure will have any impact.

I'll let you know if I notice anything. ;)

:peace:

@Stu how long is long term, a week? A month? Think I'll do this test too,
I assume you will be keeping out of sunlight to eliminate that variable of uv damage???

Just to update: It's been a week, so I took the silicone out of the iso, rinsed it off and let it dry. I cannot detect any degradation at all.

:peace:

phried

Hey guys, I've been hit pretty hard with VAS and I'm considering a desktop vaporizer to play around with. I own an MFLB & a Crafty, and I was pretty much sold on getting a Volcano next but was diverted to the EQ since it looks like I could play around with it a bit using my 18.8mm water pieces. I know there's a Crafty adapter made by NewVape and the UFO for the MFLB specifically made for such purposes, but I really want to use a dedicated desktop vaporizer to give my portables some breathing space. And it'll keep me preoccupied until I get my FF2. Yeah, VAS.

So with that in mind, should I go for an EQ? I do own a Crafty (which people say perform close to the Volcano in the taste department) so I kinda know what to expect from a Volcano (but I haven't tried it yet, or any bag vape for that matter), but I still have no idea if the EQ will satisfy. Again, I'm probably going to use it primarily whip/bong style, with bags as a secondary function for group settings. Go for it? Spend for the Volcano? I'm not trying to just spend my money though, I want to open up other vaping possibilities than just sucking through a straw.

I do know of the major differences between the two in terms of bag filling performance and all those other caveats, but I'd love to hear from a real fan/user. Also concerned of the longevity of the EQ. Looking forward to hearing you sell me the EQ! :D Thanks guys!

phried

Read the last 20-30 pages of this thread & you will find a lot of forthright opinions on the EQ & just what one is capable of @phried. You could also check out the @DDave thread as a happy EQ is a modded one & worth every penny.
Thanks, 20-30 pages is a good read but nothing compared to over 400 pages! Getting a few loads ready for the task.

Thanks @Stevenski, I did see your posts regarding the whip/bong attachment (and some blackout moments) while searching for the keyword "volcano" and I think you really are enjoying yours well. Partly one of the reasons I'm exploring the EQ too hehe. I wouldn't mind experiencing the same from a vape/bong hybrid. :D

Also concerned how this "design" stacks up against newer tech - is it still worth buying after more than 3years after its initial release? (Oh yeah, the Volcano is even older) Also please understand that while there are tons of mods available for the EQ, I probably won't be able to have access to them aside from the unit itself - mods will mostly be DIY so that's also a limitation. I envy you continental US guys, so many options to choose from.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I bought some Vape bags from Puffitup.com. Best price anywhere with coupon code. Excellent shipping. FC member.
Took my old cyclone bowls and some duct tape and made vape bags with 18mm openings. With my straight wand setup, they fill up fast! Haven't tried it with my most recent double wand setup yet. The duel perc dominates for the moment.
Another option, With the 18mm bag filled with vapor, I can separate it from the EQ and attach it to my water piece. Then draw water filtered vapor with no tube restriction!
And even one more option, I can attach the 18mm bag to my perc. Run the EQ and have a bag of filtered vapor. :drool: I ask you, Can a Volcano do that?
VB.BAGS-5PK-2T.jpg
Do you suggest I try the bags?
I have never tried that?

CuckFumbustion

Do you suggest I try the bags?
I have never tried that?
That'd be the one. I have been buying VAPEBAGS from Puffitup.com Not sure if there is an FC discount code for it ATM. Best price and fast shipping I've found anywhere. And Puffitup is an FC member.

The design and type of plastic is better than stock. Plus the opening in the bag is more tapered. I think they fill much nicer with the extra amount of seam around the edge of the bag.
Hey guys, I've been hit pretty hard with VAS and I'm considering a desktop vaporizer to play around with.
I do know of the major differences between the two in terms of bag filling performance and all those other caveats, but I'd love to hear from a real fan/user. Also concerned of the longevity of the EQ. Looking forward to hearing you sell me the EQ! :D Thanks guys!
Over a year ago, I went on a similar hunt. I wanted a well rounded desktop vape that could do bags, whips or whatever I feel like trying. After sifting and researching I was rec'd the EQ here at FC. :bowdown:Now my setup is entirely modular. I can switch in between whips, bags or direct draw. I can fill a bag with water filtered vapor. KIM I started with a standard kit and built on that.

:science:I did get GAS for a while. But I ended up with a power setup for a unit that cost me $150.00 + the @DDave kit + a water tool.

So you have had VAS and I presume you are going for a desktop that is robust so you don't have to use/buy a different vape.

The Volcano does one thing really well. It's entire design is about filling balloons. Despite all this, many have closeted or sold their units due to lack of use.
The EQ is versatile, robust and use an 18mm female connection. So if you are having trouble sourcing parts, That will alleviate some of the burden.
Since you are dedicated to read up on the thread, I'll stop gushing over my EQ and hear back from you.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That'd be the one. I have been buying VAPEBAGS from Puffitup.com Not sure if there is an FC discount code for it ATM. Best price and fast shipping I've found anywhere. And Puffitup is an FC member.

The design and type of plastic is better than stock. Plus the opening in the bag is more tapered. I think they fill much nicer with the extra amount of seam around the edge of the bag.

Over a year ago, I went on a similar hunt. I wanted a well rounded desktop vape that could do bags, whips or whatever I feel like trying. After sifting and researching I was rec'd the EQ here at FC. :bowdown:Now my setup is entirely modular. I can switch in between whips, bags or direct draw. I can fill a bag with water filtered vapor. KIM I started with a standard kit and built on that.

:science:I did get GAS for a while. But I ended up with a power setup for a unit that cost me $150.00 + the @DDave kit + a water tool.

So you have had VAS and I presume you are going for a desktop that is robust so you don't have to use/buy a different vape.

The Volcano does one thing really well. It's entire design is about filling balloons. Despite all this, many have closeted or sold their units due to lack of use.
The EQ is versatile, robust and use an 18mm female connection. So if you are having trouble sourcing parts, That will alleviate some of the burden.
Since you are dedicated to read up on the thread, I'll stop gushing over my EQ and hear back from you.

So flavor is not a factor in your assessments?

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

I notice you have portables that taste horrible?

So flavor is not a factor in your assessments?
Not sure where you are getting that from? I bought a desktop so there would be less wear on the batteries for my portables. The Vapium Summit had a bit of a 'nalgene' taste when it is new. I was put off by that at first. I avoid vapes that don't use medical grade or at least safe materials.

The Flavor that is released is a factor. The quality, consistency and thickness being key.:sherlock: Keeping in mind different materials have there own flavor that can potentially be extracted. I might not mention flavor at all in my posts because of the subjective value of taste and the materials involved. If a vape is extracting well enough you should get enough of the essence to get the full range of flavor available.

Back in the day. When I first used the cyclone bowl with a whip. I got to know the range of vapor that can be achieved with a single material. I would fill my cyclone and do whip hits. Start at 185C and take some draws then raise the temp 4 degrees. By the time I got to 210c, the taste was more syrupy-terpy :p unlike the gassier hits I began with. When someone says a vape has a 'good flavor', I am reminded of my cyclone bowl test.

I use glass and silicone hose because flavor means so much to me. I'm taste sensitive to metals and plastics. So I'm particular as to what materials are used in a vape.
Even thicker glass seems to affect the taste for me. Thick glass rules.

When you do try out bags, If you can get the gassy range as well as the terpy range inside a bag, then you will achieve vapebag bliss. :ko:Hope this all helps. @ataxian

phried

I totally failed in reading the last 20-30 pages @Stevenski, I started at page 378 but stopped at the end of 381 (when people started busting GIFs of their bongs).

Proud owner of an Arizer Extreme Q. Let's see what this bad boy can do.

Here I am, itching to hook up my glass. GAS is to glass as VAS is to vapes right?

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thanks, 20-30 pages is a good read but nothing compared to over 400 pages! Getting a few loads ready for the task.

Thanks @Stevenski, I did see your posts regarding the whip/bong attachment (and some blackout moments) while searching for the keyword "volcano" and I think you really are enjoying yours well. Partly one of the reasons I'm exploring the EQ too hehe. I wouldn't mind experiencing the same from a vape/bong hybrid. :D

Also concerned how this "design" stacks up against newer tech - is it still worth buying after more than 3years after its initial release? (Oh yeah, the Volcano is even older) Also please understand that while there are tons of mods available for the EQ, I probably won't be able to have access to them aside from the unit itself - mods will mostly be DIY so that's also a limitation. I envy you continental US guys, so many options to choose from.

Yeah threads can be daunting but a good rule of thumb is spend a hour or two reading the last 20-30 pages of any given vaporizer thread. A lot of pertinent info gets continually recycled in the general Q&A of a thread & you will often find immediate answers to your questions & sometimes answer questions you never even considered asking.

I live in Australia so ordering parts is always an involved process but the fact it uses 18mm connections rather than proprietary ones is a enormous bonus. I have my EQ as a backup now but I have amassed a bunch of spares over the last few years as well as break plenty of glass. Without knowing what country you are from I strongly recommend a 18mm DDave kit as the best solution to EQ glass.

The EQ is a vape bonging weapon especially if you crank up the temps.

CuckFumbustion

Just to update: It's been a week, so I took the silicone out of the iso, rinsed it off and let it dry. I cannot detect any degradation at all.
Thanks for the update. Did you happen to notice any subtle color change or finish? :hmm:

After your test and what I was able to find out about my specific brand of hose. I am more confident to use an iso-water mix with silicone for a disinfectant. Then rinse it thoroughly with warm water.

Here I am, itching to hook up my glass. GAS is to glass as VAS is to vapes right?
Yes. trying this with that. Once I got with scientific glass for wands and adapters, there was less need to try to fit with an odd pairing of mismatched parts.

Yeah threads can be daunting but a good rule of thumb is spend a hour or two reading the last 20-30 pages of any given vaporizer thread. A lot of pertinent info gets continually recycled in the general Q&A of a thread & you will often find immediate answers to your questions & sometimes answer questions you never even considered asking.
+1 on all of that, :nod: plus the most current which is particularly good to know with the unannounced revisions of the EQ and it's accessories. It is still worth a read for earlier content. But the 20-30 will give you a strong enough read to be worthwhile. I also posted my latest setup.

phried

I live in Australia so ordering parts is always an involved process but the fact it uses 18mm connections rather than proprietary ones is a enormous bonus. I have my EQ as a backup now but I have amassed a bunch of spares over the last few years as well as break plenty of glass. Without knowing what country you are from I strongly recommend a 18mm DDave kit as the best solution to EQ glass.

The EQ is a vape bonging weapon especially if you crank up the temps.

I'm stealing a few settings off some of your (and others') posts on this thread, and so far I am impressed with how it's been performing. I haven't fiddled with the bags or the whip only, I've gone ahead and hooked it up to my dual honeycomb and dome waterfall perc bong. While I'm pretty sure I haven't unlocked the real capabilities of the EQ, I do think it's a keeper. If it doesn't break from constant use.

Yes. trying this with that. Once I got with scientific glass for wands and adapters, there was less need to try to fit with an odd pairing of mismatched parts.

+1 on all of that, :nod: plus the most current which is particularly good to know with the unannounced revisions of the EQ and it's accessories. It is still worth a read for earlier content. But the 20-30 will give you a strong enough read to be worthwhile. I also posted my latest setup.

Yes, I'm still reading through the thread and trying to see how people setup their EQs. As I haven't read up to the most current posts, this might have been mentioned before, but as an owner of an 18.8mm bong I've had to buy nothing to immediately connect it to my EQ - which I think is the latest version. Rather than a right angle bag elbow, mine has a 45 degree elbow with joints on either end (and the bag glass things have joints on them too). Major plus. I just cut the whip at about a foot's length (right at where it got crimped when it was shipped :tup:), removed a glass end from one of the bags, and put everything together. Doesn't even need glue.

But I'm very much considering DDave's mod. I'm at the brink.

I love how the Crafty's vape tastes and how consistent it is in its performance, but my EQ is definitely giving a different, punchier, experience with my water piece. Great complementary vapes! I also went through a huge bowl of pollen and it performs just as well, and the higher available temps as well as the water piece attachment really work well together. I just hope my VAS doesn't act up too soon again!

Last edited:

phried

Pardon the filth, but this works very well... for now.

8vCM5WI.png

I like how I can get single extractions from this, and consistently too! If I were to get DDave's mod, how would it affect the overall experience? I'm more concerned with efficacy, or the quality, of the vapor when I'm using this unit. I'm running 235C now with very little material, and it does clouds all day long. It does destroy the taste a bit, but it's still smooth and cool, like sipping wine... with the kick of high octane.

I'm so glad I didn't get the Volcano. This is way more effective and with great integration with my current glass... completely sold.

To mod or not to mod. When is the question.

bobbylite

Get the Ddave mod. I just recently received my mod after using the EQ stock for about a month.

HUGE difference!

I enjoyed the EQ stock and thought I wasn't missing out on anything as I waited for Ddave to get his stock back in to ship to me.

First hit off the Ddave mod...I knew I was wrong and had been missing out!

CuckFumbustion

@phried You already got creative and have a solid setup out of the box.:tup:
If you get the Ddave mod from @DDave himself he could make some suggestions. The straight wand is less restrictive then the EQ elbow. He sources all the parts and has been open to any input and continues to upgrade the kit. Much like Arizer does.:D I particularly like his choice in screens. Plus the 14mm wands have basket screens too!
It is at the very least is a time saver. Some feel the @DDave kit or some sort of mod is essential.

I started dialing back my temps as soon as I started using the kit. 230c much less 235c would cause combustion in my setup.

As for myself, with my tweaked setup and glass preheated. I run at a constant 200c. It isn't a single hit extraction that some seek. The ABV is a dark mocha when spent.
Which is a good sign of efficiency. Sometimes I'll start at 185C then step it to 200c. :peace:

phried

@bobbylite I was already thinking of getting it even before I got the EQ lol. I was ready to plop down for the Volcano, so if it really is as everyone says it is (which I don't disagree with) then the DDave mod really is a must-buy.

The ABV with the EQ is really dark @CuckFumbustion, much darker than what I would normally get with my Crafty. But I don't run my Crafty at more than 195C due to how uncomfortable the vapor feels at those higher temperatures. And the very short vapor path. With the EQ it was fun seeing a single bit get loose from the elbow pack and watching it get toasted right in front of my eyes. Hours of entertainment. Still getting the hang of handling hot glass, and one of the EQ's biggest lessons:

Always turn off the fan before removing the elbow. Or before putting material in after preheating.

I'm happy this thing is keeping up with me, and it really is exactly what I was looking for. Now for the DDave mod.

EDIT: I hope it arrives for 4/20 celebrations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom