Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

howie105

Being an old guy with fat fingers, I really dislike the crowded buttons on the ELEV8R PID, the closeted thing to a fix I could find was a pencil with an eraser and paying close attention to the speed that the temperature ramped up and down when the buttons were held down.

VapeForTheTaste

Well, I went to try my elev8r for the first time in a few weeks and the coil won't heat past 300F. Much poorer longevity than I've come to expect from 7th floor. I don't think the coil could have more than 100 hours on it.

VapeForTheTaste,

coolbreeze

Well, I went to try my elev8r for the first time in a few weeks and the coil won't heat past 300F. Much poorer longevity than I've come to expect from 7th floor. I don't think the coil could have more than 100 hours on it.
Contact them by phone. Consider vgoodiez DC elev8r. Best of luck, it's a slammin vape (when working).

coolbreeze,

VapeForTheTaste

Contact them by phone. Consider vgoodiez DC elev8r. Best of luck, it's a slammin vape (when working).
Dang I keep missing them because I work more hours than they are open, haha. I do love my elev8r. I guess this'll give me an opportunity to mess around with torch use. Plus I have other injectors, so, 'saul good.

VapeForTheTaste,

coolbreeze

Dang I keep missing them because I work more hours than they are open, haha.
I think their office is lightly staffed and phone's the most reliable method. They could better, and it's been an ongoing problem.

I guess this'll give me an opportunity to mess around with torch use. Plus I have other injectors, so, 'saul good.
Torch elev8r is so good. I use mine more often than the coiled one partly for convenience but also just cause it's fun. I think it actually works a little better even because it's so adjustable/responsive.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: davap84

davap84

Torch elev8r is so good. I use mine more often than the coiled one partly for convenience but also just cause it's fun. I think it actually works a little better even because it's so adjustable/responsive.
I have put my elev8r on a chinese coil since a long time. It seemed easier, cause i didn't have a good torch, just a very basic one, and heating took time. But good torchs are fast.
And i remember that it was more potent and flavorfull.
I will buy a spare quartz and a better torch, to have the two options.
Deal !
Thx, fellows.

coolbreeze

I have put my elev8r on a chinese coil since a long time. It seemed easier, cause i didn't have a good torch, just a very basic one, and heating took time. But good torchs are fast.
And i remember that it was more potent and flavorfull.
I will buy a spare quartz and a better torch, to have the two options.
Deal !
Thx, fellows.
Sounds kinda silly, but truthfully they are different enough or at least distinctive enough to justify both, I feel. Either way you can't lose. :tup:

davap84

I agree with @coolbreeze there is something special about the torched one... I think it might be because of the slow drop in temps as the draw progresses. :shrug:
The why is a kind of esoterical mystery.
Concerning vaporizers, like glass as the medium, fire is the true power. Pure and elemental energy.
Other sources of energy are efficient, but fire has an alchemical dimension, when others are mimicking fire, with more or less success.

Maybe it's why Elev8r offers the more potent and purest expérience, among all vaporizers.
But it's not the more user's friendly.
So, it can't cure VAS.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
A question for all of you torch-Elev8R fellows: has your quartz heater shown any degradation?
Mine is starting to get pretty cloudy, but I haven't noticed any degradation in performance/heat retention so far.
Any experience with this?
As a side note, after a few years of using it only through water, I've recently discovered the joys of dry Elev8R sessions on a j-hook. :nod:

GoldenBud

A question for all of you torch-Elev8R fellows: has your quartz heater shown any degradation?
yeah cloudy too
luckily we don't need to make it crystal clear like car's headlights before the annual car test eh?
i tried alcohol bath, soap, baking soda, nothing helps...

btw, do you torch the lower dimple near the sick clip? i stopped torching it, my sick clip already looks like it's been through a war or something...

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Franco

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
yeah cloudy too
luckily we don't need to make it crystal clear like car's headlights before the annual car test eh?
i tried alcohol bath, soap, baking soda, nothing helps...

btw, do you torch the lower dimple near the sick clip? i stopped torching it, my sick clip already looks like it's been through a war or something...
When I was using it through water, I used to torch the dimples, even the lower ones. That's probably why my sick clip looks like shit too.
Now I tend to torch the upper side while rotating dynavap style and I always hit it quite slow (whereas I used to rip it super hard when on a water pipe).

ibnganja

got the quartz elev8r in my journey exploring glass vapes,
really enjoy using it through the sneaky pete globe + whip.

I love the taste and the hits I'm getting, but the heat retention leaves a lot to be desires.

I ordered some 3mm rubies, hopefully that will help -- how should I pack them? as many as possible? or only half way? I heard it could expand and damage the heater?

any tips/tricks yall wanna share?

I don't have a desire for the DC elev8r right now, just the Torch

GoldenBud

I love the taste and the hits I'm getting, but the heat retention leaves a lot to be desires.

I ordered some 3mm rubies, hopefully that will help -- how should I pack them? as many as possible? or only half way? I heard it could expand and damage the heater?

AFAIK it's not recommended to torch the elev8r+beads because they expand and potentially break the heater? but not 100% sure if it's not too full maybe it will work

Franco

is (most likely) vaping

I feel the same about the ELEV8R heat retention, but I've heard somewhere (can't remeber where, maybe a Troy and Jerry show) that the beads inside the quartz heater act more like a heat sink, so they're not very helpful.
Unfortunately I don't have first hand experience with this, but I look forward to hearing about your results. :tup:

ETA: just to be 100% clear, I'm talking about the torch not the DC elev8r

Franco,
Reactions: ibnganja
Top Bottom