• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
You could read back on the thread, a couple of years ago there was a lot of discussion here about beads on the torched unit. The coiled unit heats up much slower than the torched one. With the torched heater this creates a temperature differential between the heater body and the enclosed beads and different expansion rates can cause breakages.

My experience with beads has been useless with my heater lol. I went against advice and tried to install 3mm rubies in my torched heater. Unfortunately 3mm doesn't go past the spikes so they just fill the small void between the bottom spike and the screen. I didn't notice any difference so took the beads out and never thought about it again. I don't mind a quick reheat if necessary.

TeaCup

I used Rubies when I first got it not knowing about any potential problems and eventually took them out to see if I could tell any difference. I couldn't.

TeaCup,
Reactions: ibnganja

highasakite

got the quartz elev8r in my journey exploring glass vapes,
really enjoy using it through the sneaky pete globe + whip.

I love the taste and the hits I'm getting, but the heat retention leaves a lot to be desires.

I ordered some 3mm rubies, hopefully that will help -- how should I pack them? as many as possible? or only half way? I heard it could expand and damage the heater?

any tips/tricks yall wanna share?

I don't have a desire for the DC elev8r right now, just the Torch

If you want to use the Elev8r properly, I think you need to torch for every hit. Here is a review/guide I wrote a while ago - https://vapecritic.com/elev8r/
With the shorter bowl I use, and new torch, I heat for about 22 seconds on the first hit and immediate reheats are around 12 seconds. Your bowl/torch combo will affect these times. I start an "analog clock" app on my phone for ease of timing. I no longer use a sick clip or top screen. I remove the heater with a piece of leather and stir with a pick tool after each hit.

greenganja

I had the good ole' Elev8r in storage. I just got it out tonight while going through all of my old gear that I'm not using anymore. I set it on my Sovereignty King Stemline and heated it up with the Blazer Bigshot. Man, it makes me wonder why I spent money on all of the other vapes that are also in storage, lol. So glad I ran across it tonight and put back in the rotation. It will give a big tasty rip, very satisfying. Not as powerful as the ball vapes, but not too far off either and a heck of a lot cheaper for the torch driven unit. If you were a person looking for a strong hit with good flavor, and didn't want to spend a lot of money. The torch driven Elev8r is a great affordable option. This will be going back into the daily rotation for a while.

coolbreeze

Gotta embrace danger in the pursuit of flavor:
IMG-2366.jpg

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Perfect! My average bowl is definitely closer to 0.1 or maybe even 0.15 in the Vapcap, I tend to pack it full. So that's cool I don't need to use too much more than I normally do. Thank you for the visual, much appreciated

coolbreeze

So that's cool I don't need to use too much more than I normally do. Thank you for the visual, much appreciated
I think I might usually be around there or a little more--I like to have enough in there to easily re-cover the screen by shaking it. As you get your feel the flavor will be so good!

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I like to have enough in there to easily re-cover the screen by shaking it. As you get your feel the flavor will be so good!
That sounds like a good rule of thumb. Man, I really hope there will be some decent bud around that I can try in it when it comes in. I haven't had anything with better than 6/10 flavor in probably about a year or more at this point, and it generally averages about a 4 (actually tastes slightly unpleasant, usually due to some bud rot) to a 5 (completely neutral and flavorless). I'm pretty happy with 6/10 herb, but I'm also pretty experienced and used to get much better stuff, so I know what it's supposed to be like. Ironically I have mostly gotten it from the same sources up until now, I can't understand it. Even when smoking it is not at all a subtle difference. I've tried some stuff that is so bud rotted I'm literally physically unable to inhale it when smoked, and other people smoke it like it's nothing calling it good weed. Like, don't you remember when weed used to taste good and get you really high? lol. Oh well, I guess I'll still benefit from the higher power of the vape even if it doesn't taste good, but I do think I will save my first sessions with it for when I can use some at least 5-6/10 flavor stuff in there. Thanks for the tips

coolbreeze

I have the original elev8r.

Am I able to buy the coil attachment separately?
Short answer, Yes. If you have one of the real OG ones without the nub it might be a bit iffy, but I would contact Scott at @VGOODIEZ and he will get you together. His inexpensive coil/PID are superior in quality to others in its price range, and his crew are expert in fitting the coil on the quartz. They can also walk you thorough adding rubies if you'd like.

SquirrelMaster

I have the original elev8r.

Am I able to buy the coil attachment separately?
I attached my own coil, it's not difficult but it requires a little time to get right. Once I spread mine I was able to basically thread the Elev8r through it. I've tried 3mm/4mm boro and 3mm ruby inside the Elev8r and I highly recommend the 3mm ruby.

SWEETLORD

A question for all of you torch-Elev8R fellows: has your quartz heater shown any degradation?
Mine is starting to get pretty cloudy, but I haven't noticed any degradation in performance/heat retention so far.
Any experience with this?
As a side note, after a few years of using it only through water, I've recently discovered the joys of dry Elev8R sessions on a j-hook. :nod:
Shook mine without having the clip on and the heater went flying through the room, landing on the living room carpet... No cloudyness but have some melted fibers on it haha. Dangerous!

4-Aces King-High

Shook mine without having the clip on and the heater went flying through the room, landing on the living room carpet... No cloudyness but have some melted fibers on it haha. Dangerous!
lol .those are around $50 plus with shipping.
I just pulled mine out after a few weeks in storage and noticed that mine has 4mm and 3 mm in it so i’m heating that area closer to the bowl more -than at the top,very tasty.

4-Aces King-High,
Reactions: coolbreeze

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Got my Elev8r today, I'm pretty hyped about it. Luckily I was able to try some pretty alright tasting bud in it. Probably a 5.25/10 for flavor, so it has just a little bit of goodness in there. It was impressive how good it tasted with this vape actually, better than expected with this quality of weed. I overheated the first bowl a tad on the first reheat (big hit!), but it still tasted OK for the rest of the bowl. I think I was a little too careful with the second bowl and never got as big of a hit as I wanted. This vape definitely has a lot of potential, and I hope to dial it in to where I can consistently get hits like I can out of my Lotus, with maybe a little purer flavor. I'll have to break the Lotus out and compare it sometime, haven't used it in a while because all my mini torches kinda suck, and I haven't been brave enough to try the big torch on it yet lol.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Oh yeah, this thing shreds. I've just had my first bowl that I was able to get more than one really solid hit off of. Got three very satisfying rips and it was one of the smaller bowls I've packed so far, although I did throw in the kief from breaking up two bowls. Probably still going a little over temp on the first reheats, so I look forward to optimizing my timings. Just had to inhale a little bit faster than I was expecting, and that's what made all the difference

arefx

Forgot I owned this little guy and just pulled it out from a basket of vape supplies. Cleaned it out and gonna give it a spin at 4:20 for my first toke of the day.

Anyone else's heater chazzed up from touching it with their fingers and torching it? My only regret is not keeping the heater cleaner lol

Choices

Forgot I owned this little guy and just pulled it out from a basket of vape supplies. Cleaned it out and gonna give it a spin at 4:20 for my first toke of the day.

Anyone else's heater chazzed up from touching it with their fingers and torching it? My only regret is not keeping the heater cleaner lol
ISO wipe it now and it should be good to go!

arefx

ISO wipe it now and it should be good to go!
I've tried that before to no avail. Tried iso, acetone, dc clear, scrubbing. It's baked on good. Tried torching the heater for like 2min with my blazer till it was glowing and it's still there. Don't think it's going away.

arefx,

Pukka

I've tried that before to no avail. Tried iso, acetone, dc clear, scrubbing. It's baked on good. Tried torching the heater for like 2min with my blazer till it was glowing and it's still there. Don't think it's going away.
If you're willing to be very careful you might try one of the more potent acids (drain cleaner or similar). Wear gloves and safety squints 🙃

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I can confirm that it won't go away, and the more I use it the more I'm convinced that the heat retention is not the same anymore with the clouded heater.

Franco,
Reactions: arefx

Choices

I can confirm that it won't go away, and the more I use it the more I'm convinced that the heat retention is not the same anymore with the clouded heater.
Not sure what to try next. Maybe a vinegar soak? Or some PBW? Does it still function okay?

Choices,

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Not sure what to try next. Maybe a vinegar soak? Or some PBW? Does it still function okay?
I don't know. I have a couple of quartz bangers that ended up the same (=unusable).
And I'm not sure I'm willing to pay €40 to replace the heater, as the lifespan was quite disappointing, even for a vape this cheap.
I don't have a PID (nor a coil or ruby beads FWIW), but I guess the best bet would be turning it into a DC-Elev8r.
In terms of function, I can't say for sure, but my impression is that is not the same as when it was brand new. :2c:

Franco,

arefx

I feel like mine still works about the same even chazzed up but maybe it doesn't I could.be wrong I don't use it very much any more because the b0 is just easier and the elev8r only comes out when I want a terpy all glass convection hit off some particularly tastey bud I may have. I also don't see the point in replacing it because I use it so infrequently now.

Top Bottom