• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The ELEV8R from Elev8 Vehicles

Want to try it out?

• Yes

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
A nectar collector is hot, then inserted into concentrate. This is heated up to pass warm air over herb or concentrate. I do not think they are similar, except the torch heating part. This is more like a gnome vape that used to be around

LabPong

Yea...the Elev8r is no nectar straw deal. The health stones rock for using fresh squeezed rosin....with no waste or loss of taste. I only use rosin in the Elev8r on the weekends....so 90% of my Elev8r use is with flower and the coil.

This vape is the best bang for your buck out today....bar none! ABSOLUTELY NONE! :tup:

Elev8r-Coil1.jpg

Elev8r-Coil2.jpg

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Love the auber. I use that too now. Can you tell me a bit about your setup? What size coil and thats just the Elev8r or you got it plugged into a rig? I dont know much about this vape. Looks promising with the enail tho

Tho i already have all the herbal vapes i need. I just need a decent/well priced setup for my new Auber. The TI nail is fine, but obv its nice to have a good glass setup. I just use a downstem bong. Great hits, not ideal taste (same bong i use for flower for now)

FractaLSD,

Alexis

I have been doing a bit of torching with the Elev8r of late. It sure has a different signature with the torch. I have been playing with the quartz heater.
I loaded a nice full bowl of some amizngly sticky, smelly and fruity Auto Brooklyn Sunrise. Very uplifting 50/50 hybrid with a kick.

With the Blazer Big Shot, lowest flame- 25 seconds first heat up is spot on. Perfect balance for a nice cloud with that great taste. You can keep drawing as hard and fast and as long as you like until vapor stops on this first hit.

Second hit is harder to judge. The same heating time will likely be too much, but it all depends on time between hits.
If reheating immediately, 15 seconds may suffice. But there is some indication of the heat level by the way the heater exhibits an orange/blue glow sort of reflecting/bouncing off of it.

I struggle to judge this though as my hits go on, due to focussing problems (and medicatedness of course).

Anyway, last night. Hit number 2, I think 22 seconds. As @LabPong has correctly said numerous times, if you see vapor forming instantly in the pipe when you begin to inhale, you have probably overheated and may get a harsher hit which can brown your load prematurely and zap out the flavour.

So it should take a few seconds of inhalation to see vapor forming. Providing this is the case and it takes a few seconds for the milk to build, then there is no need for alarm if the vapor is dense and thick. This is actually how to get the best hits but what you have to be careful of is inhaling too long because you can really overfill your lungs without realising until it's too late.

And that is exactly what I did with my second here last night I heated it just right as described above and had the tube milking quite well but I sped up my draw and kept it really fast and prolonged until my lungs were full.

The quartz heater kept up and it worked very well for vapor production with a rapid draw.

But boy oh boy! I do believe that was officially the largest hit I have ever taken with this vaporizer and that is saying something. I tried to hold it in but it was hurting me there was so much of it. So I did the whole re-breathing thing letting little breaths out but you should have seen the enormous clouds that were coming out with each little exhale.

Each one was like a full sized Elev8r hit. I honestly don't believe I have ever had more vapor inside my lungs at one time. It was like 6 or 7 really decent hits I tried to hold it in to absorb more of it.

I didn't have any more after that it was only my second hit of my first load of the day and it totally wrecked me even hours later I was still very stoned from it.
But to my amazement when I checked the load following that hit it was still completely green.

I got the heating just right for the perfect Elev8r hit I just inhaled too much.
But it reminded me just how hard this vaporizer can hit with good technique.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I dropped my elev8r stem from my lap and it landed just right, shattering the bowl. Oops. I used that thing regularly with other vapes, but not so much with the elev8r, as it always made me uncomfortable with it. Miss you stem. :rip:

I don't time my hits anymore. I just torch that shit, and when the flames go orange on the heater as I rotate, I'm done. If I want a bigger hit, I go a few seconds longer. Great visual indicator for me.

Alexis

Yes that orange glow is a good indicator, providing your senses and visual perception are functional.
I torched a good Elev8r bowl this am plus 2 Omnivap bowls to get back to bed.

Blazer Big Shot- lowest flame- 25 seconds first hit. Guarantees a very good hit with semi-dense milk, that super flavour and extremely smooth.

2nd hit, after a minute or 2- 20 seconds. Much bigger hit this way, but still tasty and smooth.

3rd hit- 20 seconds again. MUCH bigger hit, but still perfect temp to leave the load with lots of green in it and no risk of charring or harsh vapor.

I inhaled hard and fast with hit 3 and kept going to the end. Woah, overkill! I took such a massive lungful again. Like re-breathing and blowing out huge hit after huge hit with tiny exhales.

No other vape would allow me to take such (unnecessarily) monstous hits. It really is impossible to get more vapor into my (much larger than average) lungs, and impossible to hold.

And yet- the irritation is so low relative to an even less huge hit from another vape.

Hit 3 did me in a bit. I eventually went back for 3 more I think, then vapcaps and bed.

So you can definitely go by the orange glow, but with the Big Shot, 25 secs cold heat up, followed by 20 second re-heats works excellently for a controlled and consistent extraction.

Towards the end of the load 30 seconds from cold is good, but too much for first heat up with the Big Shot and a fresh load.

Im sure the same relative heating times would work well with the Big Buddy too, maybe add a few seconds. Like 27-30, then 22/23 seconds subsequent hits. Aim to keep the load visibly green for at least 3 excellent full sized smooth hits.

This will be the most efficient and effective use of the herb. If it looks yellowed on top like it really needs a stir, you are heating too much and destroying actives faster than you can extact them all, IMO, while yielding less tasty and harsher vapor.

alex91

So, are you guys ready to get ELEV8td tonight?

t80muca.jpg

I’ve just saw they moved all online purchases to ELEV8GlassGallery. Previously, with 7th Floor taking care of all the purchases, my shipping costs were 40 USD, FedEx or USPS. I’d always choose FedEx, since it was the same price. Anyway, now at ELEV8GlassGallery, the shipping to my country is the insane amount of 140 USD (FedEx, and it’s the only option). I was waiting next year to grab another Quartz heater and a Boro heater. I guess that won’t happen anymore. So, let’s enjoy what we already have, right?

Now let’s talk about this beloved vape:
1)How many times do you guys heat the load until your whole bowl is done? Every time I heat I get about 2 hits and I heat about 4-5 times until everything is done.

2) How often do you heat the bowl in a sit? I mean, you heat the load once and hit it 1-2 times and you’re done for let’s say an hour or you usually heat it once, get 1-2 hits and then heat again, getting another 1-2 hits and then move on until about 1h or less later?

Thanks and hope you have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
alex91,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

So, are you guys ready to get ELEV8td tonight?

t80muca.jpg

I’ve just saw they moved all online purchases to ELEV8GlassGallery. Previously, with 7th Floor taking care of all the purchases, my shipping costs were 40 USD, FedEx or USPS. I’d always choose FedEx, since it was the same price. Anyway, now at ELEV8GlassGallery, the shipping to my country is the insane amount of 140 USD (FedEx, and it’s the only option). I was waiting next year to grab another Quartz heater and a Boro heater. I guess that won’t happen anymore. So, let’s enjoy what we already have, right?

Now let’s talk about this beloved vape:
1)How many times do you guys heat the load until your whole bowl is done? Every time I heat I get about 2 hits and I heat about 4-5 times until everything is done.

2) How often do you heat the bowl in a sit? I mean, you heat the load once and hit it 1-2 times and you’re done for let’s say an hour or you usually heat it once, get 1-2 hits and then heat again, getting another 1-2 hits and then move on until about 1h or less later?

Thanks and hope you have a nice weekend.
That sucks big on the shipping costs now. To address your questions on usage, I only take one draw per heat cycle ever. I always hold my vapor. Same with the vapcap- I always draw clickto click, one steady long draw. If I took more than one, I would have to exhale quickly to get another before the heat is gone and actives missed out on.

The Elev8r does hold heat longer though and I imagined it would be more possible to take more than one hit and get the most out of them both.

But I aim for one large lung filling hit each heat cycle.
And yes, about 4 or 5 heat cycles is about right.

I dont actually have an "approach" that I consciously set out with so to speak. I just go with the flow so I may take two or three large hits and chill for a while, like 20 mins to an hour depending. Or on many occasions my intention is to vape through as much of the load as necessary until I simply don't need anymore cannabis or medication. This is actually my preferred approach.

Of course when you add the coil to the mix there is more flexibility and even less consideration needed for how you will inhale, like how long and how frequently, also can control temps better to start out low and gradually vape terpenes off if you want.

I hope that answers some of your questions but it would be interesting to see what others have to say here.

Have a super weekend yourself bro. :tup:

LabPong

To help those who have or are interested in using a coil with the Elev8R.

I use my Elev8R with the coil... 2 different ways.

1. Put coil on heater and wait for temp to draw. Then maybe one more draw if you did not get enough on first. (stirring is needed after every draw for me as I take a good sized draw). Then take the coil off the heater to stir. At this point you have cooled off the glass heater enough that when you reattach the coil...it will have to be aggressive to get back to temp...so it will be red for a bit until it settles close to the needed/set temp. This is pretty much standard use when you start with a coil. But some do leave heater and coil on and shake for stirring...but I do not find that works well at all unless it is the last few super dry parts of the bowl. After the first 1-3 draws..the herb is pretty sticky on the bottom of the bowl.

2. I have been doing this lately.....(this is the non-safe way) Some people probably use this way as well...but maybe differently?

I do not use the sick clip and leave the coil on the glass heater all the time for my session. But the length of time of this type session for me....is short so the heater isn't over stressed as I like the glass one better for coils. (i use quarts for torching). Basically when I am done with the draw....I pull the heater piece off with the coil. My coil slightly grabs the glass and has to be turned a bit to pull off the glass heater. So i carefully pull off the heater and coil....then directly on to a 18mm glass joint stand so it sits on the side off the bowl. Then stir as needed and put heater back on. Bamm you are hitting again after a full stir and you have the heater back on at top temp and you then do not have to wait for a semi cooled off heater to get back to temp...in about 30sec-2mins.

So this method of use is when I want to get ripped quick or have little time. It is very unsafe though....so always be super cautious when not using the sick clip method.

Hope this helps with use of the coil on the Elev8R.

alex91

How do you guys manage to finish a 0.2-0.4 load in one hit? Using fresh herb, If I heat it for 50-60s I can get massive hits, but no way it finishes the whole load. Any other thing I’m missing?

LabPong

How do you guys manage to finish a 0.2-0.4 load in one hit? Using fresh herb, If I heat it for 50-60s I can get massive hits, but no way it finishes the whole load. Any other thing I’m missing?

I can not come close to doing a one hit with that much. I normally use about 0.15 to 0.2 on average load and get 5-7 great big hits.

Alexis

is short so the heater isn't over stressed as I like the glass one better for coils
Yo, just to say bro I leave my coil on my heater for extended periods like an hour plus regular (I take it off to stir load etc) I have absolutely no fears or worried about leaving it on there indefinitely except for getting the bowl a bit hot for the next hit that is my only concern, definitely not heater stress from wear or tear or prolonged heat exposure from the coil that just does not seem to be an issue at all or even a risk in my experience so far.

Last edited:
Alexis,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Hello.

Going to be picking up an Elev8r -
Was wondering if I have to start with the standard set/stem, or if I can build my own from the wands and replacement parts section on the site?
Pick a quartz heater, wand, flavor discs, and clip? That seems to be how the examples of the custom wands are built.

Thank you.

Vapeur Rogue,

LabPong

Yo, just to say bro I leave my coil on my heater for extended periods like an hour plus regular (I take it off to stir load etc) I have absolutely no fears or worried about leaving it on there indefinitely except for getting the bowl a bit hot for the next hit that is my only concern, definitely not heater stress from wear or tear or prolonged heat exposure from the coil that just does not seem to be an issue at all or even a risk in my experience so far.

Yea....I do not like letting the bowl get so hot.....but after the cracking issues of the earlier glass heaters....and I had 1 break/crack with normal use....then dropped on in the sink cleaning it and it broke....:doh: So I cherrish my glass heaters now and put as little stress on them as possible. I put the stress on the quartz ones though.

Hello.

Going to be picking up an Elev8r -
Was wondering if I have to start with the standard set/stem, or if I can build my own from the wands and replacement parts section on the site?
Pick a quartz heater, wand, flavor discs, and clip? That seems to be how the examples of the custom wands are built.

Thank you.

Rogue....you really only need a few parts. Heater, sick clip, bowl. Getting the pick, healthstone, wand, 14/18 adapter, and screens are the extras you might not need that come with the full kit.

I never use the wand and also use an aftermarket bowl most of the time. This bowl is just an adapter like the elev8r bowl...but a little shorter and less volume.

So pending on what rig or such you want to put the elev8r on....it all depends. I only use water so I just need the heater and a bowl.....

You can put the elev8r on any 14mm joint...so possibilities are wide and varied.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@LabPong Thanks for clarifying further. I have yet to get into water, so will check out wands and other aftermarket goodies on a case by case basis.

Vapeur Rogue,

highasakite

You can put the elev8r on any 14mm joint...so possibilities are wide and varied.
The Elev8r heater will fit on any 18mm joint. In fact, MileHighHuman said that she preferred a 18mm to 18mm bowl like this one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scientific...=item28468fbacf:g:Es8AAOSwnKdbW54v:rk:46:pf:0

I bought one and it works amazingly! I think I prefer it to the 18/14mm bowls. You don't have to worry about scorching the load because the exit hole is much bigger and it heats the material very evenly with no hotspots. I found this one for cheaper - https://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Femal...=item285e20bd43:g:DukAAOSwQolbDy1H:rk:15:pf:0

Alexis

The Elev8r heater will fit on any 18mm joint. In fact, MileHighHuman said that she preferred a 18mm to 18mm bowl like this one - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scientific...=item28468fbacf:g:Es8AAOSwnKdbW54v:rk:46:pf:0

I bought one and it works amazingly! I think I prefer it to the 18/14mm bowls. You don't have to worry about scorching the load because the exit hole is much bigger and it heats the material very evenly with no hotspots. I found this one for cheaper - https://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Femal...=item285e20bd43:g:DukAAOSwQolbDy1H:rk:15:pf:0
I believe Labpong is referring to the 14 mm bowl here rather than the joint. I recall we have had a few confusions and crosses wires on this exact point and distinction already in this thread.

I just checked the eBay link for that bowl and I really like the look of it I tried to buy one but they won't ship to the UK. :| Never mind, but damn, I REALLY want one now.

The second and cheaper one you have linked looks slightly more bulbed like the 18/14 adapter bowl myself and @LabPong use. The first linked bowl is less bulbed outwards, and I expect that will be contributing to the lack of hot spotting and more even extraction as well as the wider exit hole which makes sense to spread that heat across the top of the load more evenly right into the edges.

I would just pick up the second bowl if it was a little less bulbed outwardsthe 18 mm exit may improve the eveness though so I may still get one I will see.

Edit- scrub that, no UK shipping either! :nope:

Last edited:

LabPong

If you are "scorching" your load...then you need to stir after every draw... or your heat is too high.

The 18 to 18 bowl looks ok....but what about keeping the screen from moving around.....how is that? I like the shape of the adapter/bowl I use with the Elev8r because it has a micro buldge that holds the screen tight and also the bowl has side walls that taper inwards smoothly to the load. I do not like the ones that "bubble" wide at the bottom where the screen sits.

But I also find that the opening in my 14/18 bowl/adapter is perfect fit for my rigs and 14mm joints are my main attachment on 90+% of my rigs. So not sure If I would get one of the 18/18 bowl/adapters.

Here is the one I use next to the stock Elev8r bowl. I use the stock one for when I want the best taste...when I want power.....I go with the shorter one.

stockModed_zpshgegog2i.jpg

highasakite

If you are "scorching" your load...then you need to stir after every draw... or your heat is too high.

The 18 to 18 bowl looks ok....but what about keeping the screen from moving around.....how is that? I like the shape of the adapter/bowl I use with the Elev8r because it has a micro buldge that holds the screen tight and also the bowl has side walls that taper inwards smoothly to the load. I do not like the ones that "bubble" wide at the bottom where the screen sits.

But I also find that the opening in my 14/18 bowl/adapter is perfect fit for my rigs and 14mm joints are my main attachment on 90+% of my rigs. So not sure If I would get one of the 18/18 bowl/adapters.

Here is the one I use next to the stock Elev8r bowl. I use the stock one for when I want the best taste...when I want power.....I go with the shorter one.

stockModed_zpshgegog2i.jpg

I rarely scorch it because I have my timing perfected, but the torch flame size can change from day to day somewhat. When I refill my butane torch, I use a few seconds less because the flame is bigger. So occasionally, I'll get slightly too much heat and have to pull back during my hit. It will darken the load a little too much. This never happens with the 18/18 so far. So it's just user preference.

But, my 18/14mm bowl (not stock) is slightly different from yours, as I have my screens rounded on the sides and there is no place for it to really get "stuck" so it does move around some, you just have to be slightly careful. Then when I dump the material, I poke a blunt end of a tool through the bottom and pop out the screen right into my AVB container. A quick brush and back in it goes. With the 18/18 bowl, the screen moves less than my non-stock 18/14mm bowl, but I will still usually pop the screen out for a quick brush before loading the next bowl.

I find both of my non-stock bowls to be preferable to the stock bowl. With stock, I can still see green stuck on the sides if I do not stir thoroughly with a tool. Just my opinion, but I think it's worth the $5-$8 to try the 18/18mm ones. Put it right in one of those 2 18/14mm bowls and right in your 14mm piece. :2c: :peace: :rockon:

Top Bottom