Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
OK, I'm late to the game. But I'm on my 6th bowl for the day. OK, maybe 10th. But I've been up since 4am. 😅

Like my friend @nonamekevin I think that the SSV is a great choice for anyone who loves wips. Sadly, I don't. They have a life of their own at times and it's just not for me. But with or without balls, I can't see anyone who would hate it. It's a powerhouse.

Now on the other hand I'm more of a e-nail style of desktop consumer. It doesn't matter what it is I'll vape it. I'm not picky. A weedeater or herborizer is all the same to me. Although I prefer glass if possible. I too think that it's the future of desktops. I do also agree that a dropdown or Y extender with a carb cap can move that hot head away from your face. I'm actually thinking of buying this...

All I know is that I made the right choice when I took a chance with the DC Elev8r. It kicks my ass every day. Knocks my nephew's socks off every time he tries it. I even like it dry with my handheld bubbler.
I use a drip down for me my setup in the bedroom and it does a nice job of giving some distance for your grill from the heater. Ultimately the type of glass you use can make a difference.

VGOODIEZ,
Reactions: Warpdrive

arb

Semi shaved ape
The surfer is definitely a safer option. And yes gotta understand that the Surfer is Steve's baby. He truly believes it's the best vape on the planet and you'll see that come out all the time if you follow him on social media. And ya know what, he's right. Its a great unit that has withstood the test of time. But IMO coiled units are the future for the heavy game. It took some convincing through my rep for Steve to introduce the E Elev8R kit and I think the amount of kits I kept ordering from them was a good indication of the popularity. Both are great options but it kinda depends on what you want and how you intend to use it.
I know you're deeply vested in this but.......no way.
Safety factor alone will make them obsolete.
Given McDonalds lost a lawsuit over hot coffee and they have a hell of a legal dept...........some one new to recreational is gonna hurt themselves and come after you for it.
Are you prepared to litigate that?

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I know you're deeply vested in this but.......no way.
Safety factor alone will make them obsolete.
Given McDonalds lost a lawsuit over hot coffee and they have a hell of a legal dept...........some one new to recreational is gonna hurt themselves and come after you for it.
Are you prepared to litigate that?
If someone wants to destroy my business and family they can probably do it without much effort. I am a one man show with little resources outside of this home. Yeah it would suck.

arb

Semi shaved ape
If someone wants to destroy my business and family they can probably do it without much effort. I am a one man show with little resources outside of this home. Yeah it would suck.
Eventually someone will.
Totally sucks ass but if someone sees a financial opportunity they will take it and laugh about the suffering it causes.
A extremely ugly and unfortunate side of human nature.
😞

nonamekevin

All this talk has made me bust out the elev8r again with my propane torch. The thing I like about the torch over the coil is the speed of heating up. 30sec heat up is plenty for a nice full extraction, with another 15 or so second reheat. The coil can obviously be dialed in perfectly.

I forgot how massive and clean tasting the first hit from an Elev8r can be. For those of you who are using a drop down with their elev8r in water, I'm assuming your using a coil and not a torch? The drop down may be a good idea even with a torch, I'm imaging adding a keck to the wpa/drop down joint, holding the drop while torch heating, and then placing the assembly into my water piece when ready. When I want to stir, I can remove the assembly and shake from the drop. If that makes sense, anyone see any issues with that technique? It will put stress on the bend in the drop down, but I'm not an aggressive shaker. :)

:rockon:

Vapefanatic

Don't think any decent person wants to. Can't say the same for folks who has a hidden agenda? Some people actually think we're blind? :lol::lol:

I'm not cool with peeps who loves apples, gets some free apples from a farmer and then condemns all other fruits, like oranges for instance. Sometimes even other apples LMAO. Pathetic with a capital P much?

I'd assume Dynavap would be the biggest target if anyone wants to sue. Haven't seen one yet. Would you buy a heater and sue when it does it's job? Its not a body warmer. Its a heater to heat up herbs, not any other part of your body. Would you sue a lighter company then?

An enail Vape is several items pieced together. Its not one end product. No makers make everything themselves. None. Its pretty much a DIY effort so I don't see any issues with it. You buy parts and pieces or get someone to buy/assemble them for you. Similarly, ZVS will never be responsible if people buy their induction heater module, to make an IH but ends up burning themselves.

Thank you Scott! You're awesome!

kimura

Given McDonalds lost a lawsuit over hot coffee and they have a hell of a legal dept...........some one new to recreational is gonna hurt themselves and come after you for it

I can’t read this without responding - you should probably look into that McDonald’s lawsuit. It has turned into a sort of urban legend for folks of a certain age to point to when complaining about frivolous lawsuits, but McD’s actually had it coming. Sorry, carry on

arb

Semi shaved ape
Don't think any decent person wants to. Can't say the same for folks who has a hidden agenda? Some people actually think we're blind? :lol::lol:

I'm not cool with peeps who loves apples, gets some free apples from a farmer and then condemns all other fruits, like oranges for instance. Sometimes even other apples LMAO. Pathetic with a capital P much?

I'd assume Dynavap would be the biggest target if anyone wants to sue. Haven't seen one yet. Would you buy a heater and sue when it does it's job? Its not a body warmer. Its a heater to heat up herbs, not any other part of your body. Would you sue a lighter company then?

An enail Vape is several items pieced together. Its not one end product. No makers make everything themselves. None. Its pretty much a DIY effort so I don't see any issues with it. You buy parts and pieces or get someone to buy/assemble them for you. Similarly, ZVS will never be responsible if people buy their induction heater module, to make an IH but ends up burning themselves.

Thank you Scott! You're awesome!
Wasn't shitting on Scott or the unit was just expressing A opinion based on my experience.
I can’t read this without responding - you should probably look into that McDonald’s lawsuit. It has turned into a sort of urban legend for folks of a certain age to point to when complaining about frivolous lawsuits, but McD’s actually had it coming. Sorry, carry on
I am not saying I agree with the issue just saying some judge who is anti cannabis will side against.....just an opinion of the potential liability.
I have zero personal issues with coil driven vapes........I own several.
🙃

Warpdrive

All this talk has made me bust out the elev8r again with my propane torch. The thing I like about the torch over the coil is the speed of heating up. 30sec heat up is plenty for a nice full extraction, with another 15 or so second reheat. The coil can obviously be dialed in perfectly.

I forgot how massive and clean tasting the first hit from an Elev8r can be. For those of you who are using a drop down with their elev8r in water, I'm assuming your using a coil and not a torch? The drop down may be a good idea even with a torch, I'm imaging adding a keck to the wpa/drop down joint, holding the drop while torch heating, and then placing the assembly into my water piece when ready. When I want to stir, I can remove the assembly and shake from the drop. If that makes sense, anyone see any issues with that technique? It will put stress on the bend in the drop down, but I'm not an aggressive shaker. :)

Don't tell anyone but I like it with a torch as well. Maybe I'm just someone who likes old school vapes. 😔

west-elec

Agreed old school over tech. I am a lazy bastard so the coil gets more use, but when I am looking for that familiar hands on session and want the biggest hits, out comes the torch.
I don't consider the elev8r my 'best' desktop, on paper, but it is my favourite and I'd give up my FP or herbalizer or evo before the elev8r.

Alexis

So just a word on the Elev8r. I have a fresh bowl ready loaded now. Very poorly at present so having the true medicinal support of vaporized cannabinoids is not to be taken for granted.

But last week, I used the Flowerpot Showerhead. Gosh it was absolutely horrible! Throat ripping, chest irritating. It felt so wrong from the first inhalation, even as low as 560 on the controller.

I vaped 3 bowls but paid for it at the time, and the whole following day, allergy wise.

The Elev8r is consummately smoother and friendlier to the respiratory tract there can be no question about that.

I do actually have a Silver Surfer (the BESTEST vape EVER so I hear lol), if it hadn’t been for lockdown shit, my SSV would have been repaired long ago after I blew the heating element not using a proper step down converter.

I plan to seek an easy Avenue soon I hope to get the heating my element replaced. My lovely lesbian neighbour did it, as she had the required tools etc and some electrical training, being a professional car racer, but she didn’t do it right as it didn’t work and has been waiting for life to open again one day, to get a friend to take it to his electrician son hopefully.

When we are legally allowed one single person to visit our house, albeit at their own and their grandparent’s peril.

Right...Elev8r time. Already imbibed some super potent Vanuatu Kava, is slowing me down to spark up the vape.

nonamekevin

So just a word on the Elev8r. I have a fresh bowl ready loaded now. Very poorly at present so having the true medicinal support of vaporized cannabinoids is not to be taken for granted.

But last week, I used the Flowerpot Showerhead. Gosh it was absolutely horrible! Throat ripping, chest irritating. It felt so wrong from the first inhalation, even as low as 560 on the controller.

I vaped 3 bowls but paid for it at the time, and the whole following day, allergy wise.

The Elev8r is consummately smoother and friendlier to the respiratory tract there can be no question about that.

I do actually have a Silver Surfer (the BESTEST vape EVER so I hear lol), if it hadn’t been for lockdown shit, my SSV would have been repaired long ago after I blew the heating element not using a proper step down converter.

I plan to seek an easy Avenue soon I hope to get the heating my element replaced. My lovely lesbian neighbour did it, as she had the required tools etc and some electrical training, being a professional car racer, but she didn’t do it right as it didn’t work and has been waiting for life to open again one day, to get a friend to take it to his electrician son hopefully.

When we are legally allowed one single person to visit our house, albeit at their own and their grandparent’s peril.

Right...Elev8r time. Already imbibed some super potent Vanuatu Kava, is slowing me down to spark up the vape.
I don't want to get too far OT, but I bought my SSV used and sent it in to elev8 for service. $25 and they checked/replaced the power cord, dimmer switch, heating element, and reglued my glass knob. I got it back, working like new. I've had nothing but great service from elev8.

Back to the elev8r, I've been interested in setting up a travel kit with the elev8r (elev8r, grinder, jaryz, big buddy torch, smell proof bag) but I'm concerned about the heat from the vape. Has anyone come up with a protective sleeve that goes over the heater after use? Thinking some form of cover would be needed to protect the smell proof bag from the hot heater. Thoughts?

Warpdrive

Back to the elev8r, I've been interested in setting up a travel kit with the elev8r (elev8r, grinder, jaryz, big buddy torch, smell proof bag) but I'm concerned about the heat from the vape. Has anyone come up with a protective sleeve that goes over the heater after use? Thinking some form of cover would be needed to protect the smell proof bag from the hot heater. Thoughts?

Roll the heater and bowl separately in newspaper and then add them to your bag or a plastic container. Use newspaper or packing peanuts in the container or bag if you need extra protection. Or use a tiny case with the foam and make cut outs for the gear. Just wrap in paper first to prevent any issues if they are still a bit warm.

arb

Semi shaved ape

Get better bro!

Alexis

I don't want to get too far OT, but I bought my SSV used and sent it in to elev8 for service. $25 and they checked/replaced the power cord, dimmer switch, heating element, and reglued my glass knob. I got it back, working like new. I've had nothing but great service from elev8.

That’s sound counsel, except I’m in UK so it’s a much more expensive round trip.

I’m not sweating the SSV repair. It will get done for next to Chios eventually, not a good $100 possibly round trip and all. I have the spare parts, just need a competent electrician with tools, there’s a video demo on YouTube how to replace everything I could share with them.

Sorry Arb I messed up your quote getting used to a new tablet, hence this replacement lol...
Thanks mate. I’m working on it. Just you saying that now, actually helps me feel better as well. Energy is real. It goes further than BT broadband and Virgin WiFi put together not joking!

Because I know you mean it and therefore that positive energy is automatically sent out.

My mind has been terribly down, so little warm encouragements can actually have a positive influence. It didn’t help overly to take exactly 110.5 tabs of Dutch LSD in about 40 days very recently, but the real problems are same old physical illness and allergy shit.

I’ve got some revolutionary treatments on hand though in the amazing field of electromedicine. Recently added is a small, Rife Frequency device programmed for all bodily parasites and more. The die-off is insane. Takes time too.

More recently a great ex Texan man in Ecuador built me an Oscillating Magnetic Field Generator which is already proving a superb ally in treating my respiratory infections.

Just gotta keep on. Thanks for the words of support mate and wishing yourself and Mrs Arb a nice happy and relaxing weekend, whatever you have planned.

Shower time now. Maybe more kava next, pretty “krunk” (they say) already from that heavy Vanuatuan one earlier, then the Elev8r. Vaping weed on kava is fantastic you know.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
How about a little leather pouch @nonamekevin ? I mostly use my elev8r in bed and I use a piece of old leather jacket to protect stuff. It would be pretty trivial to sew up a scrap into a pouch. In fact it's a great idea to make a travel pack for it and I may do it also!

Get will soon @Alexis , keep your chin up mate, hopefully these new devices will help immensely.

QF1994

Wasn't shitting on Scott or the unit was just expressing A opinion based on my experience.

I am not saying I agree with the issue just saying some judge who is anti cannabis will side against.....just an opinion of the potential liability.
I have zero personal issues with coil driven vapes........I own several.
🙃
Also, whatever you do, DO NOT GOOGLE PICTURES OF THE MCD BURN WHILE EVEN CONSIDERING EATING FOOD. They're...graphic to say the least. And you'll definitely understand why they sued, and remember that the original suit was only to pay for her medical bills-the larger judgement came as a punishment to McDonalds, not at the request of the victim.

If anything, the McD's burn case is a good example of why someone wouldn't necessarily have a case against a vape like Elv8r. The purpose of the vape is to heat at or above a level that any reasonable person would recognize is dangerous and can cause burns. The equivalent here would be if, say, the Mighty randomly got up to Elv8r heats in spots on the casing, and Storz and Bickel shrugged it off. McD's wasn't serving coffee at what any reasonable person would consider to be an appropriate temperature, that's why contact with it caused life-altering burns for the victim, so the equivalent case would be where someone didn't have an expectation of being suddenly burned and then they were. It's hard to argue anyone comfortable with buying a vape that offers an open heat element should be surprised when the heat element is hot.

Not a lawyer, just a recovering philosophy major. :)

nonamekevin

How about a little leather pouch @nonamekevin ? I mostly use my elev8r in bed and I use a piece of old leather jacket to protect stuff. It would be pretty trivial to sew up a scrap into a pouch. In fact it's a great idea to make a travel pack for it and I may do it also!

Get will soon @Alexis , keep your chin up mate, hopefully these new devices will help immensely.
The leather pouch was kind of what I was thinking also, but didn't have any experience with it. Sounds like the old jacket of yours is working nicely!

Might even think about an extra thick leather pouch. One of the things about the elev8r, I feel like I have to let it sit for a few minutes before it's cool enough to load another bowl. I never really got comfortable with the tongs they send you. An easy to grab pouch would be nice to remove the heater while still warm, so I could go back to back bowls sooner.

Alexis

Thanks mate. You guys are great, and so sincere. I really appreciate your words of support. A lovely stretched Kava and Elev8r session today has lifted my spirits. Just left me somewhat debilitated lol.

Hope all folks have a top Saturday.

Warpdrive

Thanks mate. You guys are great, and so sincere. I really appreciate your words of support. A lovely stretched Kava and Elev8r session today has lifted my spirits. Just left me somewhat debilitated lol.

Hope all folks have a top Saturday.
I just did two bowls in my DC Elev8r and my nephew's Splinter v2 came in and had to test it out like a good uncle should. It works. I'm debilitated also 🥴
If this don't keep him off of joints, I don't know what will. But I got a MI3 coming as well. Oh noes, my beloved Elev8r might get lonely for a day or two. 😂 But just for a day or two 😎

Alexis

I just did two bowls in my DC Elev8r and my nephew's Splinter v2 came in and had to test it out like a good uncle should. It works. I'm debilitated also 🥴
If this don't keep him off of joints, I don't know what will. But I got a MI3 coming as well. Oh noes, my beloved Elev8r might get lonely for a day or two. 😂 But just for a day or two 😎
Good to hear that. We so underestimate cannabis, STILL, IMO. There was me thinking I could freshen up from that knockout heavy Vanuatan Kava, with a nice buzzy uplifting Elev8r (plus edibles and a Bluedream vapcap to boot), and just carry on chirping around? Lol. I do feel better though, knowing I’m not alone to be a tad debilitated!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The leather pouch was kind of what I was thinking also, but didn't have any experience with it. Sounds like the old jacket of yours is working nicely!

Might even think about an extra thick leather pouch. One of the things about the elev8r, I feel like I have to let it sit for a few minutes before it's cool enough to load another bowl. I never really got comfortable with the tongs they send you. An easy to grab pouch would be nice to remove the heater while still warm, so I could go back to back bowls sooner.

I haven't had any oopsie moments since I started using it! 😁 What's great use that I can use a corner to handle the hot heater also so I don't need to fumble with the tweezers. As you noted, it makes reloading when hot an absolute doddle! Amazingly the leather isn't really that thick and still offers significant protection.

Alexis

I haven't had any oopsie moments since I started using it! 😁 What's great use that I can use a corner to handle the hot heater also so I don't need to fumble with the tweezers. As you noted, it makes reloading when hot an absolute doddle! Amazingly the leather isn't really that thick and still offers significant protection.
It’s perfectly easy to use the Elev8r safely every time.

You just need to be mindful. NOT wise if you are falling asleep, drifting away. I know. Ouch! Who do I sue??? Lol!

But with witts about you, yes it’s easy as pie to use safely and without any fear.

It’s like don’t go to bed with a sharp knife. Just be aware. The same goes for all vapes I own really, except the Vapcap arguably which tbf to it is pretty houseburndownableproof haha!

I mean, the one time I was so dreamily high, I dropped the Elev8r bowl onto my couch lifting it, I knew I had to grab it, or risk throw in flames.

My early morning vision was fuzzy, it hurt ouch but no fire.

Since then, I’m just mindful about it. It’s been no problem.

Top Bottom