Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Consolidated21

Mediterranean

T@çh€

Forbidden to prohibit and live and let live.
I honestly think that being able to use rubies is one more option for this excellent vaporizer, there will be times that I use it as is, without rubies and others when I surely want to use them.

P.S. I read precisely in this forum that rubies should be used exclusively with coil, and not with torch.

VapeForTheTaste

Edit: Solved!

Hey all, any tips for an Elev8r newbie? I have the stock e-heater kit, filled with quartz, and still having to run it at about 800. Even then it can't brown avb nearly as much as most others and I'm getting fairly thin hits no matter how I fill the bowl. I made a microdose adapter with a 18M to 18M adapter holding a basket screen, with a 18F/18F on top to accept the heater, and it performs almost identically (very similar distance to heater.

Possibly my power supply just reads way higher than it is? Packing on top of the concentrate pas worked a smidge better, but really limits your draw.

Any other suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
VapeForTheTaste,
Reactions: Cheebsy

GoldenBud

Hey all, any tips for an Elev8r newbie? I have the stock e-heater kit, filled with quartz, and still having to run it at about 800. Even then it can't brown avb nearly as much as most others and I'm getting fairly thin hits no matter how I fill the bowl. I made a microdose adapter with a 18M to 18M adapter holding a basket screen, with a 18F/18F on top to accept the heater, and it performs almost identically (very similar distance to heater.

Possibly my power supply just reads way higher than it is? Packing on top of the concentrate pas worked a smidge better, but really limits your draw.

How tight is your coil to the glass?
your airflow is fine? Isn't it the case where the heater is too full with beads, maybe?
I like it like 600F without beads but not too much fast draw..
airflow > beads (imho)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

Can you get hold of an ir thermometer? It doesn't sound like it's reaching temp if it's set to 800! Maybe you have the wrong voltage coil, a 220v coil will behave unexpectedly if you're at 110v, or maybe you need an autotune, or maybe it's just not right enough on the heater as @GoldenBud suggests.

Cheebsy,

VapeForTheTaste

I will definitely try without the quartz. It's tight to the bowl and airflow is pretty good, but maybe it is too clogged with beads. No IR thermo but I could probably find one to use. How would I tell if the coil is 220? Obviously the unit itself is 110.

Thank you both, will update when I get home and get a good sesh in!

Edit: I think the quartz clogging up the airflow was spot on. So maybe instead of going through the air hole in the heater, it was taking the path of least resistance around the bowl since that's not quite air tight.

Hitting like a Mack truck at 700. I could definitely combust if not careful at that temp now.

Last edited:
VapeForTheTaste,
Reactions: T@çh€

howie105

Sounds like either an air leak, perhaps a load to heater distance problem or an electrical problem. I haven't had to address any electrical issues so no suggestions on that. What I use for small loads (.04 g -.05 g) is a 14 mm male to male adapter, 14 mm rimmed screen and a wooden collar to match the heater body to the screen. Takes a little work with a stepped drill bit to make all the parts fits and some o-rings to seal every thing seal well
What it looks like.

VapeForTheTaste

Sounds like either an air leak, perhaps a load to heater distance problem or an electrical problem. I haven't had to address any electrical issues so no suggestions on that. What I use for small loads (.04 g -.05 g) is a 14 mm male to male adapter, 14 mm rimmed screen and a wooden collar to match the heater body to the screen. Takes a little work with a stepped drill bit to make all the parts fits and some o-rings to seal every thing seal well
What it looks like.
That is awesome, and thanks for the suggestions. I managed to get it pumping by taking the quartz out because it was clogging up the airflow.

I have shamed my family with my foolishness.

VapeForTheTaste,
Reactions: TeaCup

TeaCup

Was wondering, for the people that have an Elev8r and an LSV, does the short wand and the long wand hit exactly the same? I just got an Elev8r a few weeks ago and I'm flat out in love with the pull of the wand. Thinking about getting an LSV now, but was curious if it's the wand that makes for such a good pull, or if the LSV hits a little differently because of the longer wand, and more importantly, the place where it's attached to both the LSV and Elev8r are different inside, so in theory the way the air gets pulled through could be different. Any thoughts would help alot towards a purchase, thanks.

GoldenBud

Was wondering, for the people that have an Elev8r and an LSV, does the short wand and the long wand hit exactly the same? I just got an Elev8r a few weeks ago and I'm flat out in love with the pull of the wand. Thinking about getting an LSV now, but was curious if it's the wand that makes for such a good pull, or if the LSV hits a little differently because of the longer wand, and more importantly, the place where it's attached to both the LSV and Elev8r are different inside, so in theory the way the air gets pulled through could be different. Any thoughts would help alot towards a purchase, thanks.
do you know the famous video of Improvaper with the Piro? the super long stem is insane

GoldenBud,
Reactions: TeaCup

TeaCup

do you know the famous video of Improvaper with the Piro? the super long stem is insane

Yeah, seen it. Almost bought that exact set up after I saw it, lol. But GoldenBud, how does the long stem hitting through a Piro answer my question about the LSV, lol????

anda1anda2

Has anyone else experienced a bit of chazzing on the quartz heater? I’ve been using this daily for a couple months. I’m using a Blazer Big Buddy with Vector Formula 14 butane. I usually position the flame so the main blue is barely touching the heating dimples. Could it be baked on oil from fingertips?

anda1anda2,

VapeForTheTaste

Pardon my ignorance, but I want to also get a coil and a quartz banger, and I'm not very familiar with all that jazz. I'm looking at 20mm. With the Elev8 stock power supply, can I get any 110v xlr connection coil, or does it have to be a specific 100w or special pin layout or something?

Thanks in advance!

IsMunim

Pardon my ignorance, but I want to also get a coil and a quartz banger, and I'm not very familiar with all that jazz. I'm looking at 20mm. With the Elev8 stock power supply, can I get any 110v xlr connection coil, or does it have to be a specific 100w or special pin layout or something?

Thanks in advance!
Did you ever get your answer?
I am also looking for a new coil for my stock 110v elev8r e-heater PID controller but haven't been able to find a pinout or any details about a replacement coil for it.

IsMunim,

VapeForTheTaste

Did you ever get your answer?
I am also looking for a new coil for my stock 110v elev8r e-heater PID controller but haven't been able to find a pinout or any details about a replacement coil for it.
I actually just got the coil I ordered today and it works. It was a generic 20mm coil from The Dabbing Warehouse.

So now I also have a Pinky.

TeaCup

Well, have had the torch driven elev8r for a couple months now and I'd probably say that the honeymoon's now over. Gonna go out on a limb and say that when I have a great session (still haven't quite gotten it to 100% repeatable, but am closing in on that part)...............when it's a great session, I think this just may be my favorite vaping device. Not necessarily a device I wanna use as my DD, but to think I contemplated selling this is a hopeful wake up call for patience with a new vape. 🥇 Either that, or maybe I'm just a dope. 🦤

coolbreeze

Koa Convectorium by @CDXX Pipes, awesome with an e-elev8r!
IMG-0789.jpg
IMG-0795.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom