Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbm

So Sneaky Pete is offering a coil and Elev8r package. Anyone seen it? Any opinions?

jbm,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
over in the flowerpot thread troy just posted a comparison video that includes the e Elev8r , in it he says the kit from elevate isn't as good as the one from Vgoodiez

Bad Dog,

howie105

So Sneaky Pete is offering a coil and Elev8r package. Anyone seen it? Any opinions?

It looks like the same kit ELEV8 sells on their site. I have one and briefly the PID controller is a typical China unit that does the job but has tiny control buttons crowded onto the unit, perhaps too crowded. The cord and heater coil is noting special good or bad, it just works. The heater body and the bowl are the big players. Almost everyone adds some type of balls to the heater (boro, ruby, titanium) to smooth out the heat transfer from the coil, allowing for cooler hits and less fluctuation on heater demands. So far the only problem I have run into is a chip on the heater body, so when I bought the replacement parts I spent an extra 8% to get the ELEV8 glass replacement "insurance". Aside from the ELEV8 version, VGOODIEZ has their own version with a different configuration that is worth consideration. Good luck

jbm

It looks like the same kit ELEV8 sells on their site. I have one and briefly the PID controller is a typical China unit that does the job but has tiny control buttons crowded onto the unit, perhaps too crowded. The cord and heater coil is noting special good or bad, it just works. The heater body and the bowl are the big players. Almost everyone adds some type of balls to the heater (boro, ruby, titanium) to smooth out the heat transfer from the coil, allowing for cooler hits and less fluctuation on heater demands. So far the only problem I have run into is a chip on the heater body, so when I bought the replacement parts I spent an extra 8% to get the ELEV8 glass replacement "insurance". Aside from the ELEV8 version, VGOODIEZ has their own version with a different configuration that is worth consideration. Good luck
So I’m putting together an order at @VGOODIEZ and I have a couple questions:

What’s better, the glass or SS screen? I’m not quite sure I understand what the distinction is. It sounds like the SS option puts an additional screen over the glass screen. Are the screens hard to find?

Why are the ruby balls preferable?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've only used the all glass bowl, but my understanding is the bowl is smaller with the glass screen. It can accept a ss screen also, and this is the way I usually use it. The glass bowl holds up to about half a gram of material so it's not a small bowl. It will probably need cleaning much more frequently than the non glass screened bowl.

Hope that helps!

jbm

I've only used the all glass bowl, but my understanding is the bowl is smaller with the glass screen. It can accept a ss screen also, and this is the way I usually use it. The glass bowl holds up to about half a gram of material so it's not a small bowl. It will probably need cleaning much more frequently than the non glass screened bowl.

Hope that helps!
So it’s possible to have a bowl that’s only a SS screen with no glass screen at all?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So it’s possible to have a bowl that’s only a SS screen with no glass screen at all?
Yep, see the manufacturers page for the WPA, it offers standard or glass 👍

jbm

Yep, see the manufacturers page for the WPA, it offers standard or glass 👍

Ah so if I wanted to try the all glass in future I could just buy one from the manufacturer? Is there that big a difference?

jbm,
Reactions: arb

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Ah so if I wanted to try the all glass in future I could just buy one from the manufacturer? Is there that big a difference?
I don't think many people use the glass screen without using a mesh screen anyway tbh. If it was available where I live I would probably have ordered the standard tbh.

west-elec

I don't think many people use the glass screen without using a mesh screen anyway tbh. If it was available where I live I would probably have ordered the standard tbh.
All glass does give a nice experience. If you are torching you can remove the screen from the heater also and you have an all glass vaporiser, air path and vapour path. The holy grail for purists.
I don't get using a screen in the glass bowl. If you are going to use a screen just get the regular bowl, it is much easier to clean.

howie105

What’s better, the glass or SS screen? Some folk, say it tastes bettter without any metal
So I’m putting together an order at @VGOODIEZ and I have a couple questions:

What’s better, the glass or SS screen? I’m not quite sure I understand what the distinction is. It sounds like the SS option puts an additional screen over the glass screen. Are the screens hard to find?

Why are the ruby balls preferable?
The glass option is popular with folks who are looking for a cleaner (no screen) air path, while screens offer a flexible range of load size and placement options.

Screens are orderable off the ELEV8 site or can be sourced for from the usual suspects, Amazon, eBay, ect once you know the sizes.

I tried boro, ruby and titanium and settled on boro, but they all function differently enough (heat transfer and retention) to take a look if you are unsatisfied with a choice.

angular ocelot

All glass does give a nice experience. If you are torching you can remove the screen from the heater also and you have an all glass vaporiser, air path and vapour path. The holy grail for purists.
I don't get using a screen in the glass bowl. If you are going to use a screen just get the regular bowl, it is much easier to clean.
I use the glass screen bowl with a stainless screen on top. the glass screen bowl has the screen half way up, making the bowl smaller but also holding the weed nearer the heat source.
another advantage is the airflow, the standard bowl has the screen sat on the bottom of the bowl so hot vapour can really only escape in the centre. the glass screen version has much better flow and more even cooking.
i have both versions and only ever use the glass screen version. i couldnt recommend it enough.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
still dialing in my e Elev8r, went back down to 580 from 650 and switched to my adapter for my bowl. I'm also vaping through water, something I haven't really done with my e Elev8r . combo of smaller bowl and going through water I was still going to dark with my avb, so I jumped down to 535 and hit my Goldie locks zone of brown but not to brown and nowhere near black. I'll probably go back to dry and I guess we'll see where my temp goes back to??? ball vapes are interesting

howie105

So we tried a few shredded bud bowls instead of the usual ground bud bowls. Now I am wondering what other folks are doing with their bud when used in their coil powered ELEV8R. To this point, I have been going for a medium grind, but the longer/slower cook of the shredded load seems to have a one or two extra tasty hits available?

Ripstar

So we tried a few shredded bud bowls instead of the usual ground bud bowls. Now I am wondering what other folks are doing with their bud when used in their coil powered ELEV8R. To this point, I have been going for a medium grind, but the longer/slower cook of the shredded load seems to have a one or two extra tasty hits available?
I use a larger grind from my Flowermill. I found that created the best results for me.

Ripstar,

SquirrelMaster

You could try a whole nug for better flavour, I've done that in a few vapes and then break it up inside the bowl after a few hits. I typically use a medium to find grind but I actually just tossed my coarse plate on to switch it up. Medium is my most used because of the nice balance of flavour to vapor production.

RELAX

If you are torching you can remove the screen from the heater also and you have an all glass vaporiser, air path and vapour path. The holy grail for purists.
What is the point of the heater screen if you're not using balls? I had left it in because that is the way it came.. but why do they even include it stock?

RELAX,
Top Bottom