Semi shaved ape
Mint chocolate chip

IMG-3913.jpg

IMG-3916.jpg

IMG-3918.jpg

Dig that wand.
👍🏿

howie105

I use a similar branded China PID with the same button layout and my fat fingers barely fit. Had I realized how tight the fit would be, I would have gone with one of the Auber units. That aside, it's an OK PID, so far.

Received the DC Elev8r from Vgoodies last night and gave it a run. For what it is, I prefer combustion, but my lungs don’t - this is the closest I’ve gotten thus far. (DVIQ>Dyna>mighty>elev8r with fw7 in the mail)

I threw a standard mighty load (about .15g) into the bowl, ruby bead filled heater well soaked at 500 and took my first hit.

And then the second. Holy fuck. Silky smooth giant load through my 14” chandelier perc piece, which I’ll admit - smooths out many a “went too deep” combustion hit.

Did two more loads of a similar size later that evening dropping temp a bit each time, I think I’ll end up settling around 430.

My favorite part - other than the notable performance - is watching the herb as it changes from fresh, green flower and releases that lovely vapor.

It’s quite likely this’ll become my daily driver despite the undeniable “pain in the ass factor” of this setup - the soak time, cords where the dog can catch it, glass - so it’s done if it goes flying in the right trajectory

theblackcat3112

It’s quite likely this’ll become my daily driver despite the undeniable “pain in the ass factor” of this setup - the soak time, cords where the dog can catch it, glass - so it’s done if it goes flying in the right trajectory

And I'm right on the boat with you on that one, I have multiple Dynas with induction heaters, a Stempod that heat up in like 4 seconds, and the Tera which is also a beast though water, yet here I am torching my Eleva8r like a mad man with a grin to my ears, just like when I bought my first Dynavap, the glass heating element really hits the homerun on flavor, and for some reasons the Elev8r is sooo smooth with big hits, any of my vapes can produce big clouds but they usually irritate my throat, while the elev8r just delivers them at ease, and that makes me keep coming back for more. Thank god this beauty is here with me though these covid days.

So, the night after I posted that the damn thing went flying - seemed all was well but I broke the little nub at the top of the heater. Now I have to fidget with heater placement more than I’d like - my own damn fault. I’m probably too careless and clumsy for this to be my daily, but it’s certainly well suited for those wake and bake weekends. I also like getting baked in bed - not a chance I’d try with this thing.

Still, I can clear a bowl with this silky smooth vapor throughout, tasty as hell, on a different planet in minutes - it’s my favorite, hands down, despite its undeniable fragility.

So I ordered a blem SSV - I’d been pondering one, a 20% off coupon popped up bringing it to “screw it” pricing. It’ll be interesting to compare the two for my own use conditions.

pasticcio

I said God Damn... God Damn. Finally got my quartz, through that Aliexpress enail suggested to me a few pages ago, this think not only can rip you apart easily, but the taste you can get out at medium or low settings it's something unprecented to me and I have tried A LOT of good vapes of the years! Also seems quite difficult to combust over a typical log vape for example. Found out that two similar bubblers gave me some substancial differences with the sidecar clone coming on top but further testing will be needed.

This thing is a beast and can easily battle with things 2/3 its price. Trust me I am not easily impressed, just WoW.

theblackcat3112

Man I'm so clumsy that I know this day would come: my wand and heater just fell and broke, however the heater only broke the base part that goes into the joint, its only 3 pieces and I use some epoxy to glue them back together. On the package it said that the epoxy is rated for 300C, can I continue to use this heater if I don't point my lighter directly at the glue?

west-elec

Man I'm so clumsy that I know this day would come: my wand and heater just fell and broke, however the heater only broke the base part that goes into the joint, its only 3 pieces and I use some epoxy to glue them back together. On the package it said that the epoxy is rated for 300C, can I continue to use this heater if I don't point my lighter directly at the glue?
Ah, no I wouldn't. Temps at the heater glass need to be way higher than 300 degrees in order to heat the airstream to get to vaporization temps. The epoxy off gassing would be straight into your lungs. Not a good idea.
Sorry dude she is dead.

theblackcat3112

Ah, no I wouldn't. Temps at the heater glass need to be way higher than 300 degrees in order to heat the airstream to get to vaporization temps. The epoxy off gassing would be straight into your lungs. Not a good idea.
Sorry dude she is dead.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion, torched the shit out of the heater to get all the resin out, and boy what a nasty smell, can't imagine that going into my lungs. I think I'll just try to get some glass to cover the joint while I'm using it or something. I really want to buy a new heater but it'll cost $50 to ship it to Asia while the heater itself is $45 :cry:
https://flic.kr/p/2mkmxVr

Cervical CBD

Starting to love this thing but the glass attachment cracked without dropping it? Also broke another quartz heater and this time I didn’t drop it. Somehow it broke while shaking it trying to stir the material.

howie105

Starting to love this thing but the glass attachment cracked without dropping it? Also broke another quartz heater and this time I didn’t drop it. Somehow it broke while shaking it trying to stir the material.

As one glass killer to another, may I suggest.

Use a few (my case 2) stainless steel screens between the coil and heater body to stabilize them, that way you get less rattle and impact between the two. You will also notice a difference in heat transfer, like it or not, is a user call.

Try this for shaking, take the first hit or two, pull the heater and manually stir, afterwards (my case) all it takes is a slow rotation to mix the load.

Buy the glass insurance offered by ELEV8, it's 8% up front but way cheaper on the backside.

Good luck and enjoy.

anda1anda2

I haven’t posted on FC in a while. Fortunately haven’t been bit by the VAS bug in quite a while.

Well…..that’s over for now :lol:. I bought an ELEV8R and along with it commissioned a killer hammer with a 14mm joint instead of a bowl so I can use it with vapes. Artist is Stan Alba. Old school glass blower

I am a a legal MMJ grower and have been vaping the shit out of my latest harvest with really fresh terpes. The ELEV8R is definitely a contender for best flavor of thr vapes I’ve tried. You can really pick up some subtle nuances in the bud. It works great with the glass I had made.

Anyways, here are a couple pics:
51E084E7-206E-432C-A2E0-3EA679F1D512.jpeg
C306A4E1-55C2-49E1-83A9-3F6C06FC211B.jpeg
7DB67AB6-EAA2-4B32-A68B-5357857CCE3D.jpeg

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My advice, don't skimp! It's better with a bigger torch. I use a blazer big buddy, which I think it's ok value, if you can get a plumbers torch cheaper then they work well too.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
decided to take my e elev8r for a spin........... and see just how heavy it can hit! the answer very ! had the Auber set to 650 and took a big hard rip , got a big tasty hit and pretty brown avb except around the edges where it was still green so I gave it a stir and hit it again and was left with dark chocolate avb and was super stoned :drool::o:freak::ko::rofl:never hit it high before :lol: so far I've only ever ran it at 580 and I still get really good extraction there and I'll probably go back down there ............ after I try a dab on the flavour disk;) thinking I want to try my 18 to 14 adapter for a bowl again I'm not super happy with the elev8r bowl its to flared at the bottom?!? not sure my adapter is much better but its worth a shot. but speaking of bowls Shit Snacks just posted a TAG adapter he got for the halo and seemed happy with it, could be good for the elev8r maybe ?

Edit: had that dab and it was really nice :smug: very much reminded me of the way I do torch dabs in my banger starting soft and flavourful and heating up as you go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom