Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ultiv8r

I like that ha ha. I’ve been calling it the V8R.

My notes if anyone is just considering this vape:

Solidly in the all glass camp. First thing I did was dig out the heater screen. A little course grind on the bottom of the bowl helps but some fine will get through because you actually toke this beast. My reclaim bubble grabs that. To me that’s preferred over metal taste. I love the glass screen construction on this. It’s perfect.

My sneaky pete sci-fi actually works pretty good but titanic hits are a tad warm. Upgrade incoming soon.

I get my air restriction by packing the bowl tighter/with more fine grind. You can dial 1-2 hit amount or bows that go 8+.

Too easy to clean this. I just hot water rinse daily with a pipe cleaner for the sticky stuff. Don’t even need a blow dryer to dry it just paper towel.

Killing it with a $23 chef torch. I found a conservative flame works better than a large for that even heat. Quartz seems happy to respond to what you throw. Fast heat like under 25 seconds start up is waaay too fast. You want it to take the 35-40 seconds so the heat transfers to the incoming air right. Like everything vape there is a balance. The windows are large and easy to find based on grind, pack, pull speed and heat. So many ways to go that’ll work well.

Can see an E43 in my future. For sure. I’ll still use a torch for quick heats and want to have that mastered. It’s not been difficult.

I have read a lot of the thread but not all so apologies if it’s been covered.

I’ve noticed people love the blazer torches. Does anyone have a cinderwitch triple torch or a big double torch for this? Seems like the flame spread would be really nice if they have a decent low setting.

Just curious. It’s good to have back ups because they all eventually fail.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Not bad...just a nub on the quartz heater top area........make the nice boro ones again and Im in!
I will talk to them about it. I actually recommended they offer this so it's nice to see they took it a step further by offering a package with what looks to be some new accessories.

I may pick up one of their units just to compare. To me it looks like it will perform closer to when I offered them without the boro beads.

Boro heaters will be possible with these as you won't get the up and down temps all the time which kills the glass. I will pass the suggestion on.

I see they named this the E-Elev8R which makes me feel good about my rebrand to the DC-Elev8R, as I will continue to offer this only with Disorderly Conduction gear. DC will be offering these to their customers directly as well so this rebrand makes perfect sense to me anyway.

angular ocelot

here's a little elev8r tip, watch sports while torching the heater, you got a timer on the screen!
a few thousand more ingenious tips like this, added to the voluntary work and i reckon i might be even karma wise for that sparrow i shot when i was a kid.

icecream

I want to share this very simple wire mod I invented to keep the balls in the Elev8R. This wire ball block also serves as a safety that prevents the quartz heater from crashing to the floor if it ever does happen to slip in the coil.

20210217_115738.jpg

If you are interested in making this then you should know that I used 20 guage stainless steel wire. Stainless steel wire types 304, 316, or 316L are great for this project. Do not used galvanized steel wire!!!! There are other types of wire that could work as well that I did not list. The important thing is that you pick a type of wire that will not release toxic fumes when heated to the temperature of the top of the Elev8R heater.

Here is how to make the wire ball block:
1. Bend the wire into the shape below.
2. Fit it onto the top of the Elev8R heater by first inserting the loop into the hole.
3. Reach the two hook ends into the glass indent on the back of the heater.
4. Push the two hook ends down deeper into the glass indent.

20210217_114824.jpg

Vapefanatic

I want to share this very simple wire mod I invented to keep the balls in the Elev8R. This wire ball block also serves as a safety that prevents the quartz heater from crashing to the floor if it ever does happen to slip in the coil.

View attachment 6067

If you are interested in making this then you should know that I used 20 guage stainless steel wire. Stainless steel wire types 304, 316, or 316L are great for this project. Do not used galvanized steel wire!!!! There are other types of wire that could work as well that I did not list. The important thing is that you pick a type of wire that will not release toxic fumes when heated to the temperature of the top of the Elev8R heater.

Here is how to make the wire ball block:
1. Bend the wire into the shape below.
2. Fit it onto the top of the Elev8R heater by first inserting the loop into the hole.
3. Reach the two hook ends into the glass indent on the back of the heater.
4. Push the two hook ends down deeper into the glass indent.

View attachment 6068
Best tip I've seen since joining FC! You rock brother!

Any tips on fitting the coil on the head? Mine should reach soon.

Vapefanatic,
Reactions: arb

icecream

Best tip I've seen since joining FC! You rock brother!

Any tips on fitting the coil on the head? Mine should reach soon.
I am glad you found the wire ball block helpful.

I have only wrapped one enail coil for an elev8r before and @LabPong showed me how. I did all the coil stretching when the coil was off the quartz heater. First stretch out the coil some, and then slide the quartz heater in and out and rotate it as well. As you do this become familiar with which parts of the heater grip on more or have less friction with the coil as you rotate it. Then very carefully bend the coil rings a little-bit at a time so when you look down the barrel not all the layers are perfectly lined-up. Do this until you can only slide the quartz heater back in the coil when it is inserted in a specific orientation. Then fit the heater all the way in the coil, and rotate it into the orientation that provides the more grip. Now it is time to test it out. Observe how well the coil holds onto the quartz heated after everything is heated and make sure the heater does not budge in the coil when you repeatedly lift it from the bowl and put it back down on top of the bowl. I had to turn it off and wait for it to cool down to readjust it a couple times. Also be aware that like me, you may think the coil has a good grip on the heater and then have to adjust it again one last time after using it for several sessions. I have not had any issue with it slipping since then. Have fun! I used a 16mm DC barrel coil.

Last edited:

Warpdrive

I am glad you found the wire ball block helpful.

I have only wrapped one enail coil for an elev8r before and @LabPong showed me how. I did all the coil stretching when the coil was off the quartz heater. First stretch out the coil some, and then slide the quartz heater in and out and rotate it as well. As you do this become familiar with which parts of the heater grip on more or have less friction with the coil as you rotate it. Then very carefully bend the coil rings a little-bit at a time so when you look down the barrel not all the layers are perfectly lined-up. Do this until you can only slide the quartz heater back in the coil when it is inserted in a specific orientation. Then fit the heater all the way in the coil, and rotate it into the orientation that provides the more grip. Now it is time to test it out. Observe how well the coil holds onto the quartz heated after everything is heated and make sure the heater does not budge in the coil when you repeatedly lift it from the bowl and put it back down on top of the bowl. I had to turn it off and wait for it to cool down to readjust it a couple times. Also be aware that like me, you may think the coil has a good grip on the heater and then have to adjust it again one last time after using it for several sessions. I have not had any issue with it slipping since then. Have fun! I used a 16mm DC barrel coil.

I can't thank you enough for posting this. It was a question that I had incase I ever break my heater. But with such detailed instructions, I may even adjust my coil for even better performance than I'm getting right now.

Na... Why mess with it. I'm getting lung busting hits at temperatures lower than most regardless of draw speed. But thank you so much. Screen shot for the future 👊

Therapy

Anyone in Europe has the coil version or made it themselves? I can only find the coils and everything for American specs.

Therapy,

GoldenBud

Anyone in Europe has the coil version or made it themselves? I can only find the coils and everything for American specs.
enjoy, use the coupons which are shown in the sale page, if you buy it (you need the 16mm coil)

GoldenBud,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Disorderly Conduction is currently procuring 220V pre-spread coils and I hope to have them in a few weeks to be able to offer full 220V DC Elev8R kits, along with the power cord for your area, regardless of where you are in the world. I even picked up a step up converter so I could do all the burn off and setup per usual.

Therapy

enjoy, use the coupons which are shown in the sale page, if you buy it (you need the 16mm coil)
Thanks! You made one yourself?
Disorderly Conduction is currently procuring 220V pre-spread coils and I hope to have them in a few weeks to be able to offer full 220V DC Elev8R kits, along with the power cord for your area, regardless of where you are in the world. I even picked up a step up converter so I could do all the burn off and setup per usual.
Cool, although shipping to Europe could come out pretty expensive with the import duties and everything.

Therapy,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Thanks! You made one yourself?

Cool, although shipping to Europe could come out pretty expensive with the import duties and everything.
Typically around $20 for shipping and I do what I can on the descriptions. But yeah otherwise DH Gate is probably your best bet but the quality can be hit and miss. I looked into sourcing coils and controllers direct from China but ended up coming back to DC because their stuff just works better and I wanted to support American small business.

I'd be happy to help you on the coil spread should you go direct to China. Just reach out and I'll share my learnings.

Therapy

Typically around $20 for shipping and I do what I can on the descriptions. But yeah otherwise DH Gate is probably your best bet but the quality can be hit and miss. I looked into sourcing coils and controllers direct from China but ended up coming back to DC because their stuff just works better and I wanted to support American small business.

I'd be happy to help you on the coil spread should you go direct to China. Just reach out and I'll share my learnings.
Thank you! Very kind of you.

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Hi all.
Does anyone know if there is another store in Europe - other than Vapefield - that has the Elev8r?
I want this vaporizer for a long time and with the prospect of upgrading to e-elev8r, even more.

Cheers Conso.

Consolidated21,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ

DonMarteng

lacentralevapeur is were I bought mine! Shipping took some time but very friendly guys!
They even have a dscount code for FC members, but i dont remeber it, was something with "FC13...."

chicago_animal

Looks like they're making an E-Elev8r especially to fit with a coil, for fans of all glass air path and precise control.
Sweet!

Several times it's compared to the Silver Surfer and the SS being safer. What is the difference between the SS and the DC-Elev8r?

chicago_animal,

blackstone

Several times it's compared to the Silver Surfer and the SS being safer. What is the difference between the SS and the DC-Elev8r?
Silver Surfer: safe for most to be around in use, Very beautiful!, uses a whip as standard, airpath = glass, ceramic heater with stainless steel base.
E-Elev8R: exposed hot parts require a little more concentration and careful storage when hot, direct to waterpipe design, airpath = all glass. Some find these easy to fill with beads with little to no chance of sticking I believe? Works from a controller so results easily repeatable if coil contact with heater is good.

I own an SSV so far and it's great, but hope that's sort of what you were asking!
Others here will maybe know more detail of the Elev8R range.

Endless Interim

This will be my next one.I like that it can be used on a rig as well.Also,anyone use this pipe from there?

Endless Interim,

nonamekevin

@blackstone gave a good comparison between the two, so I'll add my two cents while trying not to duplicate info. In short, the SSV is safer without question.

I did my own coil mod for the elev8r based on @LabPong old school posts. It worked great, hit like a truck, and honestly, it was a little too heavy for regular use. I tried adding beads to the heater but didn't enjoy the experience as much, as I felt like the draw became too restrictive.

Depending on which water piece you have, the coil can sit pretty close to your face. Not so close you're getting burned, but you feel the heat. Also, the way the coil/heater handles didn't particularly feel great to me. Maybe if I would have purchased a coil handle, like on the flower pots, it would have felt more finished. Again, this is personal preference.

In comparison, I would leave the Silver Surfer on all day because my wife enjoyed the aromatherapy dish for it. The wand is super easy to load, just as easy to clear out, and the overall experience was more enjoyable. I actually liked the whip as it felt like I had more freedom to move around around be comfortable. Changing the mouthpiece to a 14mm water adaptor allowed lung busting hits that never seemed to stop (loading a full wand).

I wish I would have held on to my SSV. Both are solid, I simply enjoyed the SSV experience more than the elev8r.

:rockon:

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
The surfer is definitely a safer option. And yes gotta understand that the Surfer is Steve's baby. He truly believes it's the best vape on the planet and you'll see that come out all the time if you follow him on social media. And ya know what, he's right. Its a great unit that has withstood the test of time. But IMO coiled units are the future for the heavy game. It took some convincing through my rep for Steve to introduce the E Elev8R kit and I think the amount of kits I kept ordering from them was a good indication of the popularity. Both are great options but it kinda depends on what you want and how you intend to use it.

SquirrelMaster

I call my Elev8r the hair melter when one friend is over. Keep that long hair tied back! I accidentally put a melt mark in the cuff of one of my light jackets by reaching over it to grab something one day as well. At least it wasn't my wrist :ko:. I'd still recommend it any day unless someone had mobility issues or kids running around.

Alexis

I call my Elev8r the hair melter when one friend is over. Keep that long hair tied back! I accidentally put a melt mark in the cuff of one of my light jackets by reaching over it to grab something one day as well. At least it wasn't my wrist :ko:. I'd still recommend it any day unless someone had mobility issues or kids running around.
One time I was very cained and sleepy and the Elev8r bowl shuffled about on me pulling it to clear a hit, it landed on the couch.

I quickly grabbed it. Ouch!

Lol, what a cool little poem hey?

It did hurt though, nasty burns on several fingers sore as hell for ages. I’ve been more careful with it ever since.

Warpdrive

OK, I'm late to the game. But I'm on my 6th bowl for the day. OK, maybe 10th. But I've been up since 4am. 😅

Like my friend @nonamekevin I think that the SSV is a great choice for anyone who loves wips. Sadly, I don't. They have a life of their own at times and it's just not for me. But with or without balls, I can't see anyone who would hate it. It's a powerhouse.

Now on the other hand I'm more of a e-nail style of desktop consumer. It doesn't matter what it is I'll vape it. I'm not picky. A weedeater or herborizer is all the same to me. Although I prefer glass if possible. I too think that it's the future of desktops. I do also agree that a dropdown or Y extender with a carb cap can move that hot head away from your face. I'm actually thinking of buying this...

All I know is that I made the right choice when I took a chance with the DC Elev8r. It kicks my ass every day. Knocks my nephew's socks off every time he tries it. I even like it dry with my handheld bubbler.

Top Bottom