Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

When you buy bead/pearls....especially at smaller sizes...below 10mm......the size is not perfect as to how they are made. There can be various sizes you get pending on the sorting the source is willing to go through.

That said, GoldenBud......take the screen off the heater and fill from there. If you test using balls in your heater....just use 50-60% full or so...no need to fill all the way up.

someTooL

@LabPong good to hear your advice on filling. Kinda where I’m at, filled to the 3rd spike.

Ain’t no way I’m removing that bottom screen and trying to get it back in lol. Can just imagine all these little HOT glass balls falling out bouncing around:doh:

@GoldenBud I’ve got a large amount of leftover beads, send me a DM.

someTooL,

LabPong

The heater screen is actually very easy to get back in...and make it tight.

I use this technique for many screen applications. Just put a convex or concave shape into the screen before you put it back in. Put the bulge outward when inserting. Then when it is in place...just take a pen end or something that size to push down on the center of the screen. Push till it almost goes flat or to the point that you can not get it to move around easy when you put your pick tool on it to test fitment. Pretty simple actually when you do it and then you will have no issues changing out other screens that are in place tightly. GL

GoldenBud

The heater screen is actually very easy to get back in...and make it tight.
ok good to know, i was frightened to touch it. i thought about putting it there, but didn't wanna mess with it. still waiting for my new bowl for the elev8r after i broke the last wpa because of its highness :brow:

EDIT: @LabPong you were right, it's easy to secure the heater's screen again. 7 of 3mm beads are into it now

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Hey guys. New user. Recently bought the elev8r and got a good week of use with my Blazer Big Buddy torch until it died on me. I really liked it for herb but could never get it hot enough for concentrates. I read a bit about using this with a 16mm coil, and I wanted a more effective way to consume concentrates anyway, so I bought a traditional e nail with a 20mm coil just for use with concentrate from crossing tech. Now I'm debating whether I should purchase an additional 16mm coil and try and mod it for use with my elevator but I saw mixed experiences with that and don't want to risk using anything unsafe. Should I give it a try or just get another torch and use my enail just for dabs?

MelekhHaYereq,

nonamekevin

Hey guys. New user. Recently bought the elev8r and got a good week of use with my Blazer Big Buddy torch until it died on me. I really liked it for herb but could never get it hot enough for concentrates. I read a bit about using this with a 16mm coil, and I wanted a more effective way to consume concentrates anyway, so I bought a traditional e nail with a 20mm coil just for use with concentrate from crossing tech. Now I'm debating whether I should purchase an additional 16mm coil and try and mod it for use with my elevator but I saw mixed experiences with that and don't want to risk using anything unsafe. Should I give it a try or just get another torch and use my enail just for dabs?
Welcome friend!

For me, I didn't have too much of a hard time stretching the 16mm coil to the shape I wanted. I also didn't care about scratches, so I didn't tape any of my tools. But take it slow, move a little bit at a time. You can always bend more, but unbending isn't guaranteed.

Or, you can buy a heater/coil combo from vgoodiez. Either way, the coiled elev8r is where you want to be. :rockon:

Welcome friend!

For me, I didn't have too much of a hard time stretching the 16mm coil to the shape I wanted. I also didn't care about scratches, so I didn't tape any of my tools. But take it slow, move a little bit at a time. You can always bend more, but unbending isn't guaranteed.

Or, you can buy a heater/coil combo from vgoodiez. Either way, the coiled elev8r is where you want to be. :rockon:

Thanks! You didn't have a tough time with the consistent temps? Some people said they blew a fuse or something, that really worries me.

MelekhHaYereq,

nonamekevin

Thanks! You didn't have a tough time with the consistent temps? Some people said they blew a fuse or something, that really worries me.
No, my temps have stayed steady, although I do tend to run hotter than others on here. I typically cruise in the 775-815F range. I'm also using the cheapest coil/controller I could find. Those that are running their aubers claim to be running sometimes 200F less than mine. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

someTooL

@MelekhHaYereq are you using the heating stone for your concentrates? I’ve had super duper results with mine. Takes a few pulls to warm the stone but after that, cloud city (live rosin). Only done this using a torch, I’ll try with the coil....when I get some more ;)

someTooL,
Yeah I was lighting with the flavour pad inside for like a minute and 20 seconds.... nothing. Maybe cuz I was doing it outside? I don't like to use a torch inside, so I opted for an enail setup instead. Still on the fence about the elev8r + coil combo

MelekhHaYereq,

Glorg

Not sure why my pics are sideways but I’ll figure it out lol, I just wanted to show my setup with how the coils look and how many beads are in there, they are higher quality 4mm quartz terp pearls and they don’t fit through the hole which was what I wanted. There’s actually 15 in there even though it doesn’t really look like it. This is running herb bowls at 450-470 easily now and concentrates in the 550-600 but I need to experiment more to see how low I can go with that. Enail is 1000% worth it and I have a very good torch setup.
index.php
A0D044DE-7379-41D1-B5BB-0B584088C8C4.jpeg

Attachments

• CD25D422-A04D-4BFC-A5FF-F96AD9BB1D61.jpeg
    CD25D422-A04D-4BFC-A5FF-F96AD9BB1D61.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 131
Glorg,

someTooL

Yeah I was lighting with the flavour pad inside for like a minute and 20 seconds

I was doing the same using a benzo propane torch. Actually 1:30 first heat and another minute reheat using the flavor stone. I’ve got the big buddy now, it doesn’t take as long for me. I think a coil banger system is in my sights for sure.

someTooL,

someTooL

Put the heat to it and keep keep drawing. It’ll happen :science:

When I have it hooked to a rig instead of a j-hook, I put the heat to it while hitting. If you’ve got glass you’ll see when to let off for sure lol.

someTooL,
Put the heat to it and keep keep drawing. It’ll happen :science:

When I have it hooked to a rig instead of a j-hook, I put the heat to it while hitting. If you’ve got glass you’ll see when to let off for sure lol.
Maybe because I only use it outside? I'd give it a good minute twenty seconds even heating with a blazer big Buddy torch, still only a small hit

MelekhHaYereq,

GoldenBud

Maybe because I only use it outside? I'd give it a good minute twenty seconds even heating with a blazer big Buddy torch, still only a small hit
give it 90 seconds, but focus on the glass pins which soak the heat abit better. doesn't matter if you're outside IMO maybe a second here, second there

GoldenBud,
give it 90 seconds, but focus on the glass pins which soak the heat abit better. doesn't matter if you're outside IMO maybe a second here, second there
Ya I've gotten good results like that but don't you find at a certain point it's a waste to use that much butane just for a dab when a banger does a fraction of the time? That's why I got the email tbh, and honestly I think I'm done with torching my elev8r, I'm probably gonna get a 16mm coil and use it for flower in the future.

MelekhHaYereq,

GoldenBud

Ya I've gotten good results like that but don't you find at a certain point it's a waste to use that much butane just for a dab when a banger does a fraction of the time? That's why I got the email tbh, and honestly I think I'm done with torching my elev8r, I'm probably gonna get a 16mm coil and use it for flower in the future.
it should work better with the 100% convection the elev8r uses. it requires more gas but it works efficiently when it's 100% convection and not conduction , take a look here :

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

lazylathe

Almost there...
My replacement coil from @VGOODIEZ arrived today!
The coils were already separated and only required a bit of tightening to fit the elev8r heater.
The new coil is a DC coil and does NOT glow even in the slightest when heating up!!!

Loaded up a bowl of Death Goo and was blown away by the flavor, vapor and effects!

I used it with a torch for a bit but the coil is so convenient and the consistently stable temps make it a big hitter!
Especially with a heater full of 3mm glass beads...

Very happy to have this one in rotation as it has a very unique signature.

Thanks to @VGOODIEZ for the excellent customer service as well as the awesome mood mat!!
The BEST vape store and vape buying experience available!!
HIGHLY recommended!

LabPong

Im late to your posts from the other site now merged.......

But you will not get the normal dab experience from the elev8r....it is more like sipping on the concentrates when using the healthstones. You have to use the convection to slowly warm up the stone to working temps.....ie few hits to get it going. Double deckers (flower and concentrate) are stronger experiences if your using we trates in the elev8r.

So if you want full dab hits like a banger.......use a banger with torch or coil! 😉

LabPong,

GoldenBud

Yo,
Where can I get a 14mm WPA *bowl* for the ELEV8R in EU ? the original one is gone...from USA it's taking time to arrive

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Top Bottom