• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Please don’t use the T word around me I find it offensive 😜 I can definitely see the advantages of a coil, the Elev8r and torch experience is a bit of a frantic dash. I just need to relax and do what I need to do, not worry about wasting a bit of butane. I’m actually okay 👌 with not getting a monster rip first hit, those Wispy more flavourful hits are still rewarding in their own right. Anything that doesn’t end in combustion is still a success in my book 📖

Bad Dog,

Gnome34

Does anyone have any good resources on using the elev8r with an E-nail? I have a pid and coil that came with my flowerpot weedeater and I am curious if it would work. Also when using an e-nail can you just leave it powered on all the time or would that damage the elev8r glass?

Gnome34,

Hippie

You'll need a dedicated 16mm coil to open out and fit to the Elev8R heater

I leave mine on all evening, with no issues so far

I've got some 20mm quartz diamond knot bangers on route that I'm hopeful will be a cheap 20mm alternative that we can use in the same way.

Hippie,

someTooL

New home for the Elev8r arrived today. Thanks to @VGoodiez for everything, again :science: I don’t recommend it, but with the base width/weight/thickness it feels like you could hang a 5lb weight and not tip it over. I added the drop down to capture any loose particles and move that heat just a tad too.

Too much testing occurred before I could hook up the coil tonight. The Elev8r with a torch delivered as I had expected...so did another Go pen shaped looking instrument but that’s another post another time another place.

Here’s a B&W to capture how it looked clean and shiny.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
It's truly been a while since I pulled this mamma jamma out, so this extended weekend might be the time to do it. Load it up with a massive amount of hemp and sail away.
There's so much coil talk for me to graze over

Diggy Smalls,

thunderstealer1337

I just got mine last week!

I just heat the bowl while spinning it in the rig already

is this a no no or something? nobody seems to do it/recommend it

I also really dislike the all glass version, the holes are too big and I have shoved a screen in there now anyways, wished that was more touched upon in reviews.

Thunderstealer1337,

LabPong

I just got mine last week!

I just heat the bowl while spinning it in the rig already

is this a no no or something? nobody seems to do it/recommend it

I also really dislike the all glass version, the holes are too big and I have shoved a screen in there now anyways, wished that was more touched upon in reviews.

No reason to heat the bowl.....it will be warm in seconds when you draw the first draw through it. You would be just wasting fuel and time to do so I would think.

Your correct...the holes in the bottom of the all glass bowls are not that functional unless you use a whole bud or close to it..but after you hit it 2 times and stir....its game over and stuff is falling through the holes.

Welcome to one of the very best dry herb vape experience you can get.......enjoy at will! haaaa :tup:

LabPong,

85' Doc Gooden

Forbidden Lemon Glue has me feeling very nice , listening to Redman.
a52c1ba1-38f4-4251-84ba-95980ed00608.jpg

b9bb1be0-969d-4f98-a840-1add7d9ff3a9.jpg

f164b416-7511-4310-9ab1-f8ba46614304.jpg

masaki

Guys/gals.....for torching the Elev8r.......go slow with the flame on/around the heater. Do not spin it like a vapcap....do the opposite....spin slow and allow the tip of the blue flame to kiss and make a bit of noise when it hits the glass. I devide the heater into 4 sections....the dimple sections. So I move the flame tip nice and easy up and down the glass....then rotate to the next section and do the same on all 4 sides. I only stop for a brief 1-2 seconds with flame inside the pinch indent.

When I torch like this....I basically turn the glass or move the flame around the glass 2 full turns around the heater. Remember not to shoot the flame inside the air intake hole.

If you can set a pattern of torch tip movement like this....you sort of do not have to count or look at a timer after you get it down. I never use a timer, I use the back of my hand to sense the heat amount from about 3 inches from the heater. I can just tell when it is too hot...and its easy to wait a few seconds for it to get where you need. usually 5-10 seconds. Reheats I usually just go for 1 revolution around the heater slightly faster then the first heat up. That is basically my pattern and how I heat the Elev8r with a Big Buddy Turbo....which is more than enough flame size...and like Big Dog mentions.....you only need to set the torch strength on the lowest possible setting to keep the torch going.

One other tip I can offer those who do smaller loads.....get a Grav 18/14mm adapter....they are the perfect "smaller Elev8r bowls". If you coil....you can also use a lower heat as the bowl is about 70% the size of the elev8r stock screen bowl. That is my little cheater trick to use a coil with the Elev8r....but I normally use the stock screened bowl as I am a heavy hitter I guess you would say....but for those times I just need a couple quick high powered bumps.....I use the Grav adapter bowl.

View attachment 322
It shows out of stock on Grav's site...but you can find them at many online sellers. This is the only adapter bowl I recommend to put a screen into.....as it is perfectly shaped to hold the screen very well compared to all the others out there with no bulge or too huge of a bulge.
What size screen do you use?

Masaki,

thunderstealer1337

Y is there no love for this heater?

I have 3 dynavaps, but constantly am waiting for this thing to cool off to hit it again, the dynavaps dont hit nearly as hard as this thing can.......

I is confused, its literally glass version of metal dynavap, heat a element then draw the air past the heated element to vape your budz. You use the same tools as well.....

Thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: highasakite

someTooL

Started testing again last night with the coil setup. For this round I used the Grav 14/19 reducer, ever so slightly adjusted my coil, and flipped my coil lead from bottom to top. All led to a very successful evening.

During my first tests a couple weeks ago (without above changes), I was at over 700 before I saw vapor. So I thought 600 would be a good start for testing #2. Nope, that’s all I want to say about that. 550 was my next level, which was almost perfect maybe still a little too hot. I believe the next testing will start at 530’s maybe lower.

LabPong

What size screen do you use?

I start with a 1 inch SS screen and cut it down to fit well. It will be just slightly wider than the bowl entrance.

Started testing again last night with the coil setup. For this round I used the Grav 14/19 reducer, ever so slightly adjusted my coil, and flipped my coil lead from bottom to top. All led to a very successful evening.

During my first tests a couple weeks ago (without above changes), I was at over 700 before I saw vapor. So I thought 600 would be a good start for testing #2. Nope, that’s all I want to say about that. 550 was my next level, which was almost perfect maybe still a little too hot. I believe the next testing will start at 530’s maybe lower.

Very nice.....you got it rocking for sure! I was using the same glass, controller, and bowl as you yesterday. I still need my temps just above 600 for my use. And temps can differ pending on how long you let the coil and glass heater sit on the bowl. Typcially I let the coil heat up and soak the glass heater in a stand for 3-4 mins while I play around and prep some flower.

Then as I clear the first draw...I pull the bowl with heater and coil off the rig...then move close to the 18mm glass stand and lift the coil and heater off and put on the stand quickly. This way I am not moving from the joint on the rig to the stand and allowing possible burns of something....my hands, my keyboard/mouse, desktop pad....what ever is in the path if you drop it. So I use no clips at all this way. I just limit the distance the heater and coil move off the rig and on the stand to stir after every draw.

I have a similar setup and get great results at 470F

You are also rockin it well then at 470F !

Check this out.....I purchased from an alternate source on the bay....and I think I got fake Grav adapters (bowls).

0531201243a.jpg

Stock Elev8r bowl on left, my old Grav in middle, and what I just got as a Grav adapter.

I can not even get a keck clip on the little one I just got...lol This sucks as this is not going to work for the Elev8r....but does work well as a adapter for my Tinymights.

Any-rate....I did a test with the little thing anyway.......almost combusted on the 3 draw as the load was dried out....lol

I should of ordered from a reputable reseller or Grav direct. Though the Grav beanie was of no issue..... 🤓

LabPong,

someTooL

More testing over the last days. I can pull wispy vapor but tasty at 485. Step temping from 505 - 530’s gives me full vapor and around 3 pulls from .15 spread across the bottom of the screen evenly (stirring after each pull). Still, 550 will empty a packing densely and quickly lol.
Another thing, I used the 20mm screen first causing a concave shape. This in return made only the center portion brown. Changing the screen rectified that issue to a certain degree. Still more browning in the center.
So I thought I’d try and deflect the heat to more even hit the flower with the concentrate stone. This was a total failure as I couldn’t get it hot enough to produce vapor. Probably gave up too soon but was a little light headed from trying.
All in all, continuing to enjoy the rewards that a little tinkering and patience has delivered. I’m also seeing what the fuss is about extracting everything in 1-2 hits. Nice.:science:

someTooL,

nonamekevin

I would love to get closer numbers to what you all are vaping at. It's been a while, as I've been using the SSV and OG Brick lately, but I was using my coil heated elev8r to 815F for my vapor desires. 700F wouldn't produce much. I'm using a cheap cheap CHEAP controller and coil, so maybe that's the issue?

LabPong

I would love to get closer numbers to what you all are vaping at. It's been a while, as I've been using the SSV and OG Brick lately, but I was using my coil heated elev8r to 815F for my vapor desires. 700F wouldn't produce much. I'm using a cheap cheap CHEAP controller and coil, so maybe that's the issue?

That could be the reason why your temps are so high. You would have to have the coil temps to pid calibrated to see if your setup is at fault.

But that said, I have both a auber 300 and a 200.....I use the 200 for the Elev8r and the 300 for my enail setup. I have no issues using the auber 200 at 612 - 620F max with auber's 15.8mm coil.

Y is there no love for this heater?
I have 3 dynavaps, but constantly am waiting for this thing to cool off to hit it again, the dynavaps dont hit nearly as hard as this thing can.......
I is confused, its literally glass version of metal dynavap, heat a element then draw the air past the heated element to vape your budz. You use the same tools as well.....

The biggest reason why the vape is not more popular is because most are scared away with having to use a big torch....and they do not want to fuss with rigging it up with a coil. Too much fuss and danger for many.

But for those of us who do not mind taking the bull buy the horns......we know what it is and can do. :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

There’s a lot of variables but You’re probably just taking the load further than some folks. we used to see the same reports with the Glass Symphony where some ran it at 1000F and others ran at 650F.

thunderstealer1337

so thanks to all of labpongs posts about enails, i bought a 16mm, stretched it out and then use alumminum foil for that last 10% of fit, mine was tight enough that it would had to rotate 90 degrees for it to fall out complete without resistance, but still sat loosey goosey - thats the reason for the foil.

the enail takes it to a another level!
nELh3km.jpg

omg on demand vaping like no other

Last edited:

LabPong

so thanks to all of labpongs posts about enails, i bought a 16mm, stretched it out and then use alumminum foil for that last 10% of fit, mine was tight enough that it would had to rotate 90 degrees for it to fall out complete without resistance, but still sat loosey goosey - thats the reason for the foil.

the enail takes it to a another level!
nELh3km.jpg

omg on demand vaping like no other

Awesome! Vape it up!

Can I have that power bar....lol :tup:

GoldenBud

Got my elev8r today..thanks @VGoodiez !.. used it with 2 honest torches together on the quartz.... one of each "side"(i know it;s a cylinder...)... lol..im pretty sure you'll laugh @LabPong ... but it works WELL (alot of vapor)... i extract the bowl 100%.....and the taste is wonderful..... will get a real torch soon...... :lol: and thanks my man @Tweakz for teaching me how to roll ... :brow: :rofl:

Top Bottom