twitchhogan

Hey guys, just wondering if it is a bad habit to charge my air overnight and also if you should fully use up the battery before charging again.
Cheers

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Hey guys, just wondering if it is a bad habit to charge my air overnight and also if you should fully use up the battery before charging again.
Cheers

A battery being close too or fully charged or close to or fully empty damage them the most.

That being said the batteries are so cheap and easily replaceable I advise to use them however you would like and replace after a year or probably closer to two.

slowrolling

Anyone have their Air suddenly start shutting off at just under 3 minutes all the time?

Tried several fully charged OEM batteries, no difference.

No other abnormalities, LED's still all doing the same thing they used to. Other than just shutting itself off really quickly every time now, everything else seems to work.

Starting to get annoying turning it on repetitively. :bang:

OF

Anyone have their Air suddenly start shutting off at just under 3 minutes all the time?

Tried several fully charged OEM batteries, no difference.

No other abnormalities, LED's still all doing the same thing they used to. Other than just shutting itself off really quickly every time now, everything else seems to work.

Starting to get annoying turning it on repetitively. :bang:

IIRC this has come up before and has to do with being too slow to heat? The second time around it 'makes temperature' in time (having a hot start) but there is a real fault behind it, or at least could be. I would not continue to use it (yes, even though it 'seems fine' afterwards). Switch to the backup and get this one checked out is my advice.

OF

slowrolling

IIRC this has come up before and has to do with being too slow to heat? The second time around it 'makes temperature' in time (having a hot start) but there is a real fault behind it, or at least could be. I would not continue to use it (yes, even though it 'seems fine' afterwards). Switch to the backup and get this one checked out is my advice.

OF

Bummer, have had it less than a year of light use. Will chat with Arizer and see what they say.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Bummer, have had it less than a year of light use. Will chat with Arizer and see what they say.
You probably need to contact the vendor that you bought your unit from. Unless you bought it through Arizer. If the vendor won't stand behind the purchase and refund, repair, or give you a new unit then contact Arizer.

If your unit is a legit Airzer Air, Arizer said they will cover the warranty even if the vendor doesn't. Always keep your receipts.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Normally never find myself on the Air thread, mainly because it's such a simple and consistent vape, but damn! I've had this vape for 10 months now and use it as my portable / stop vaping indoors vape. Probably 100 seshes+ through this thing, and everything is the same as the first day i got it. Not a sesh goes by that I'm not thoroughly impressed with this unit.

While my desktop is my Daily, I wouldn't have been able to fully quit combustion if it weren't for the help of the Air as well. I'm more and more impressed every time I use it.
Love every single thing about this vape.

Nobody should question buying this vape unless it's totally not your need...but if it's your style, the vapor is high quality, thick, FLAVORFUL (can't express this enough), and very consistent. I can get massive lung busters or sip for flavor on 20 minute seshes using .1-.15. Absolutely amazing. Never thought I'd like this vape this much, but since day 1, it's only gotten better.

Oh, p.s.
I lent my Air to a combuster friend for 4 days, who normally uses my desktops when he's over. He ended up hating combustion by the 4th day and purchased a lotus. While he had help from my desktop over the last few weeks, the air proved to be more potent than combustion for him ;)

jdent3

Has anyone's batteries ever had black stuff on them when you pulled them out of the Air? I pulled my battery out this morning and there's a little bit of a black almost tarry substance on part of the battery. It scrapes off if I use my fingernail which leads me to believe its coming from inside the Air where the battery sits

jdent3,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

No I haven't had my oem batteries leak. Are yours oem? Either way, I'd ditch that battery.

GetLeft,

little maggie

I've had the Joda stems from there before and those seem to be the very simple ones. I was really looking for one with the octopus design, or something much more complex. I assume I would probably have to contact Joda directly?
Others have given you the info on getting hold of him- just fyi, he will custom make your stem. He makes great glass designs.

HomeFree

How old is the battery? Is the little pin oxidized? What does the spring look like? Can you see the contacts on the positive end with a flashlight? Have you dropped it in water? Do you think maybe you got some debris inside? Can you snap some photos? Is it an OEM battery, or aftermarket? Do you use the supplied charger, or do you charge externally? What kind of charger do you use if you do not use the supplied one?

It could be something simple like some debris that was on your finger when you swapped a battery or something. Oxidation is a grayish black or reddish color in my experience. You haven't put a battery loose in your pocket with keys or anything metal to short out the battery, have you? If my batteries are not in a vape or charger, they are in plastic battery carriers out of force of habit, always.

I would look at those things and also contact who you bought it from, because maybe they have encountered it before and could walk you through things to check.

Mine looks just as good as new and I have had it almost a year. I just packed it up to go BBQ at the park. :D

VapeMonster

Has anyone's batteries ever had black stuff on them when you pulled them out of the Air? I pulled my battery out this morning and there's a little bit of a black almost tarry substance on part of the battery. It scrapes off if I use my fingernail which leads me to believe its coming from inside the Air where the battery sits
I had a very hard time pulling out my battery the first Time. When I finally got it out, the battery had some sticky black stuff on it. I think Arizer used some sort of black/rubbery strip of tape to cover the electronic board. I suppose when they slid the battery in, it flip the edge of the tape up a little and the battery was rubbing against it and pulling along some of the exposed sticky stuff with it. I ended up using a small metal dabber and gently rolled the tape back on the board. The battery after I did that can slide out of the battery holder by just gravity alone. It shouldn't get stuck at all.

Last edited:

jdent3

How old is the battery? Is the little pin oxidized? What does the spring look like? Can you see the contacts on the positive end with a flashlight? Have you dropped it in water? Do you think maybe you got some debris inside? Can you snap some photos? Is it an OEM battery, or aftermarket? Do you use the supplied charger, or do you charge externally? What kind of charger do you use if you do not use the supplied one?

It could be something simple like some debris that was on your finger when you swapped a battery or something. Oxidation is a grayish black or reddish color in my experience. You haven't put a battery loose in your pocket with keys or anything metal to short out the battery, have you? If my batteries are not in a vape or charger, they are in plastic battery carriers out of force of habit, always.

I would look at those things and also contact who you bought it from, because maybe they have encountered it before and could walk you through things to check.

Mine looks just as good as new and I have had it almost a year. I just packed it up to go BBQ at the park. :D

My battery is stock only had it 3 months. It's not leaking it' just has some black stuff on the case that's coming from inside the Air battery chamber. I just want to make sure this isn't anything that could be inhaled while using it.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
My battery is stock only had it 3 months. It's not leaking it' just has some black stuff on the case that's coming from inside the Air battery chamber. I just want to make sure this isn't anything that could be inhaled while using it.
Afaik, the battery compartment is completely isolated from the vapor path. So there should not be a concern.
Would be interesting to know what this stuff is and where it's coming from though. Maybe you marked your batt with a (non permanent) marker- and due to getting warm it smeared?

Modnote: Post edited to comply with forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrbrown81k

Got my Air a few days ago (ordered a solo and received an Air:ko:). This was bought as a backup to my unreliable and short battery time Crafty. So this is a short comparison for anyone else in my position.
I was concerned at first that I had bought a real downgrade to the Crafty but I really didnt want to spend another 400$+CAD to get another Crafty especially after its failed twice on me already.
First impression I was really impressed with the build quality, I actually almost find it better than the Crafty in a way. I like that there are 5 different heat settings as opposed to 2 pre set ones. My first time vaping off it I definitely noticed the increase of draw resistance compared to the Crafty. I didnt really enjoy that at first. My friend that was over who only combusts tried both and hated the Air's draw resistance. That being said Ive now been using it for a few days and have gotten the hang of it and I must say I really enjoy it. The draw resistance is not so bad especially once you figure out how much to pack the stem and how dry the herb should be. I actually like fully packing it but loosely, and using dry herb thats almost powdery. I dont use a screen either although I find when I use a solo stem (which I ordered) some bud came through as it seems the holes are slightly wider than on the Air's Stems. The battery life is comparable to the Crafty's but that's fine considering they are swappable. When using the crafty I find myself rushing my session but I dont feel that way when using the Air which I really enjoy. The crafty is for sure a stronger unit and gets you higher quicker I find but I really am enjoying the Air. Its now become my daytime vape as it gives me a more enjoyable high . Also note I have gotten the latest version with the modified oven plate. I cant really tell you if it's an improvement from the last versions or not though. Anyways Im happy with my purchase and for the money I would say is a better buy than the crafty. But I wont deny the Crafty is a better unit. My only complaint would be the battery indicator.

StiltedLimboDancer

That's a very interesting review, thanks! :)

Same but different boat here:
I've been trying the Air today. I really considered to buy it as mobile vape next to my DBV but now I might buy the Grasshopper instead exactly because of the draw resistance of the Air.
(The Crafty is out of question for me due to build quality issues and non-swappable battery)

I really think I'd could get the hang of the Air. Yet not sure if I want to though.

Although, I can image sharing the Air at party with people not used to the draw technique can be quite a hassle.

Mrbrown81k

I've been trying the Air today. I really considered to buy it as mobile vape next to my DBV but now I might buy the Grasshopper instead exactly because of the draw resistance of the Air.

I would of gone for the Grasshopper as well but you never know when you will actually get it. My buddy ordered it in September/October and was told later on it would arrive in February and he still has not gotten it or gotten any news. For me that would drive me nuts. Plus I bet you there will still be issues with it for the first year or so after it comes out which will result in you having to send it in and waiting a week or 2 for it back atleast. I also wanted a Zion or Milaana but waiting for it to be officially released to retailers as well. Basically if you're not in a rush wait for the Grasshopper and if you are Id go for the Air or Solo.

Last edited:

CarolKing

If bothered by any draw resistance with the AA get yourself a PVHE stem from planetvape. There are slits along the sides that gives extra air flow. It's such a well made vaporizer with quality materials. It's always ready when you are with its user replaceable batteries. I love an all glass air path.

The Grasshopper could be a long wait. If you ordered now not really sure how long it will take? Your $170 will be tied up for a while. The unit hasn't proved to be very reliable at this point. All the bugs need to get worked out. It's also a very small company from what we've heard.

Eventually it could very well be one of the best stealth portables around. The jury is still out.

Jsmith7326

"
If bothered by any draw resistance with the AA get yourself a PVHE stem from planetvape. "

I got one with mine, and used it straight away after trying them all. I would probably be a little disappointed with my AA's airflow with the stock stems, if that was all I knew of it.

StiltedLimboDancer

Thanks for your suggestions :) Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side. And as long the GH is not available, it sometimes tends to be hyped to be THE vaporizer for all use cases without actually knowing what it really can deliver.

That's why I initially decided to buy the Arizer Air. It was my favorite out of the vapes you can actually buy at this time (AA, Crafty, Pax2). Best balance out of reliability, taste, portability, stealth etc.

I never tried another vape than my almost free-flow DBV. But it's the "milkshake thing" what I didn't expect.

Coming from smoking joints I need to feel the vapor - otherwise I fear the device will not satisfy me and will not be used often in the long run.

EDIT:
Regarding the PVHE stems:
Do they change it from "milkshake" to "soda"? If you know what I mean...

Last edited:

CarolKing

Slow and steady draws will get you there with the AA. I would have also been disappointed with the Air if I didn't have the alternative mouthpieces. Tailor your unit to fit your needs. We are all different to our likes and dislikes. There are some folks with lung problems that makes it difficult with that milkshake draw. The PVHES glass will make drawing less of a struggle.

I myself don't like too airy of a draw. I like a little resistance but not too much.
The lower temps gives you wonderful flavor. The maintenance is so easy, just cleaning the glass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom