MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
You need to be careful using shatter. Sandwich the shatter in between the cannabis. You don't want to clog up the air holes at the base of the oven. I've used shatter in the Solo more. I think using the Air "hamster style" with a bubbler with flower and shatter works well or with a j hook. Then you won't have concentrate going down into the holes at the base of the oven.

You can also wrap concentrates in cotton.

What do you mean by hamster style?

The way I do it is sandwich it between bud but I want to use pure shatter. I was thinking of using the potpourri dish, heating it up, dropping a dab, and sucking it with a straw but I'm pretty sure it won't work like that.

What about wrapping it in rolling paper instead of cotton?

MeditativeMind,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hamster style is upside down, like with a bubbler, that way the shatter wouldn't drip down into the holes at the base of the oven. You could try using papers. I'm not sure if it would be absorbent enough though. If you don't have cotton making a sandwich with the shatter and flower would be your best bet. Do what works for you.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I've heard rolling papers being used for hash, but I wouldn't use with shatter. I did some shatter with cotton a few days ago and didn't use enough cotton I guess and there was oil in the oven. Have been doing the cotton and a real thin layer of herb too since then.

beiberhole69,

sickmanfraud

Don't know if this will help those nervous about border crossings, but here is my "story"

I vape every day, multiple times using Solo and Air primarily and 99.5% of the time it is in my bedroom.

My wife just recently traveled to and from the USA and had no problems with any vapor in her clothing or actual herb on the bottom of her shoes.

If your cannabis use is for a medical issue you could consider a pharmaceutical solution for the duration of your trip.

If cannabis is the only "solution" to your medical situation, you may want to travel with a small bottle of concentrated cannabis Tincture (Green Dragon).

@OF made a suggestion of a Flowermate Aura, and that is probably the best option if you must vape. If you do not have the time / money to get a new vape then a lot depends on the country you are visiting. If you are going to certain Middle East or Far east countries where "drugs" are a capital offense STAY HOME unless you absolutely need to be there.

Assuming you are not going to a "capital offense" place than the following should be enough.

I would clean the vape as best you can, and then put it into a ziplock bag. Bring the aromatherapy dish and something to put in it (dried flowers or other herbal remedies).

Maybe I am naive, but most western countries have better things for their border control agents to do than open aromatherapy devices to check inside for a crumb of cannabis.

Enjoy your travels. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
hey... how long do you think it takes the AA to cool down to a lower preset heating?

Alot of times I will set it at red/orange with the intent of hitting it at blue/white. But since it took till R/O to warm up, how many hits am I really getting at blue? Ya know? There's no real way to tell since it seems to be a limit type sensor and not variable (it won't blink if it's set at blue temp but at red temp).

That said, I've been setting it to blue and getting two 10m sessions out of 1 bowl... more even. I'll start at blue and move up as the vapor gets less dense. The AA usually shuts off on me twice (I can finally tell instantly when it happens w/out the beep on just from the temp decrease) before I consider it cashed.

Drawing into a glass piece first def helps as if you hold it long enough you're barely gonna see any vapor... and there's def a visual component that adds to the psychological high for a lot of users... especially coming from combustion.

Maybe I am naive, but most western countries have better things for their border control agents to do than open aromatherapy devices to check inside for a crumb of cannabis.

This is true for the most part. Put it with a dop kit and if you're questioned say it's a sex device..... Actually, I'd say it's a homeopathic asthma remedy or something. As long as they don't catch you with an Oz of bud at the same time, there should be no big deal. And on that note, I've traveled with weed tons of times. It's not a big deal at all. Carry on and check on, but I feel safer checking it.

If you're worried about checking a vape and you're not taking bud I'd say you're being slightly paranoid. Clean it as much as you can. Put it with some meds/toiletries, and if questioned say it's for your poor respiration. There's about a .001% chance they do any kind of forensics check to see if there's THC/weed... lol... they don't give a fuck about weed anyway. Would help to know the to/from on your travels though... but most places it won't be an issue.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sorry for lack of posting lately...

It's time for a killer video. With some imagination, good props, lighting, let's see what my new Black Leaf J-hook can do with my an AA.

Working on *story board* now. :sherlock:

@OF testing Panasonic Batts (4) on only one of my AAs. If it kills it over time, I'll let you all know. I'm about a month into testing process. Other AAs using stock only. Panasonic batts seem to last longer. I'll keep this up indefinitely.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Man, I guess I'm old.
Given the choice between buying a cheap new vape to be 100% safe and sweating my guts out while crossing the border with a used vape, well cleaned or not, I'm buying the new vape every time. I understand wanting to play with and clean a vape. It's yours after all. But cross the border with it? Have you kept up with Vito's thread at all?

CarolKing

I'm with you @GetLeft i would buy a new cheap vaporizer to go on a plane than have to deal with any airport issues. Call me paranoid but I'd rather be on the safe side. I would be a nervous wreck and it isn't worth the worry for me. What's a $100 in the scheme of things.

Also have it in the original box. I would make sure that it worked before hand by turning it on a few times.

Sometimes taking chances just isn't worth it. Do what you feel comfortable with is what I would suggest. If it doesn't bother you going through the airport security with a used vaporizer then go for it.

Sorry off topic. Let the conversation about the Air resume. You could also buy an extra brand new Air or Solo to take instead of a cheapo that you might not like.

OF

Man, I guess I'm old.
Given the choice between buying a cheap new vape to be 100% safe and sweating my guts out while crossing the border with a used vape, well cleaned or not, I'm buying the new vape every time.

Thanks. I obviously agree with you agreeing with me but in my case there is no doubt......I'm old. Old enough to hear of (and actually see first hand) how badly such Customs adventures can turn. Chances are small, but 'they' are known to take the effort to destroy lives with trivial evidence. Many of us know such guys. The risk might be small, but the potential penalty is extremely severe......it can literally change your life and not for the better.

It's an individual's call, of course. I just don't want some innocent thinking 'I can clean my vape up well enough, that guy on the web did'. And, additionally, in the case of Air I don't folks thinking it's OK to open it up for cleaning. I flatter myself in thinking I have more knowledge and skills than most here and I destroyed one of 3 I opened up. Actually half of them, the original one I've opened twice (the second time trying to troubleshoot the one I broke).

I do not recommend opening your Air. Period. I also think it's dangerous to think you can clean a contaminated Air well enough to pass a serious attempt to get a positive 'hit' on a swipe test. Everybody gets to make their own calls here, I just think it should be an informed choice.

In all likelihood the OP will have no problems, very few folks do, but the downside can be truly truly serious. A risk to be avoided if at all possible I think.

Call me paranoid but I'd rather be on the safe side. I would be a nervous wreck and it isn't worth the worry for me. What's a $100 in the scheme of things.

Naw, Lady, yer forgetting the wisdom of the ages as conveyed my no less than Doctor Johnny Fever (WKRP
in Cincinnati):
"But everyone is out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking".

Regards to all.

OF

Justpassedu

I'm not gonna lie i just bought a used vape across sea's and it had to go through customs. I got it yesterday and immediately upon opening the box it stunk. I am surprised it made it , very happy to get it. I will say though i am always nervous flying with anything or even driving for that matter , never took a vape on a plane but i def will next time i fly , i would prob be to scared crossing a boarder with anything.

OF

I'm not gonna lie i just bought a used vape across sea's and it had to go through customs. I got it yesterday and immediately upon opening the box it stunk. I am surprised it made it , very happy to get it.

Excellent point, I assume it wasn't opened/inspected? We tend to forget, that little as it does smell we're 'nose blind' to it and it stands out to those not used to the smell. Ever know a cigarette smoker who knew his clothes closet reeks to non smokers? Or a non smoking parent that didn't know their kid was sneaking cigarettes?

And chemical testing machines are never fooled this way, they can easily detect levels no human (and indeed even trained dogs) can. Not a good fight to be in, best avoided.

I know lots of guys that smoke cigarettes and/or date married women and aren't dead yet. Doesn't mean it's safe.

OF

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
I'm glad Arizer is literally 45 minutes away from my city :)

So I took a Raw Organic rolling paper, ripped off the glue, took a dab, put it in the paper, crumpled it up and put it in the Arizer stem.

Now, it doesn't get me as baked as a rig and it doesn't taste like it would on a rig but it still gave a lot of vapor with zero leakage. The paper soaked up anything that would leak.

When I took the paper out it was nearly see-through thanks to absorbing some hot oil yet it was still solid enough that I could use the paper and roll up a joint if I ever wanted to. It wasn't soaked and weak like if water hit the paper.

I think I trust this more than cotton. I've smoked paper but never smoked cotton and would never smoke cotton so I think this is a good way to go about using shatter in the vape.

It would be cool if Arizer would design a shatter/wax stem to work with these things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justpassedu

So I took a Raw Organic rolling paper, ripped off the glue, took a dab, put it in the paper, crumpled it up and put it in the Arizer stem.

Now, it doesn't get me as baked as a rig and it doesn't taste like it would on a rig but it still gave a lot of vapor with zero leakage. The paper soaked up anything that would leak.

When I took the paper out it was nearly see-through thanks to absorbing some hot oil yet it was still solid enough that I could use the paper and roll up a joint if I ever wanted to. It wasn't soaked and weak like if water hit the paper.

I think I trust this more than cotton. I've smoked paper but never smoked cotton and would never smoke cotton so I think this is a good way to go about using shatter in the vape.

It would be cool if Arizer would design a shatter/wax stem to work with these things.
This is Fuck combustion buddy. Most don't smoke around these parts. Unroll that joint and vape it. Plus most of the good stuff you have vaped off the rolling paper is gone anyway now. I would like to tell you i have used many times some Japanese Organic cotton in my vapes with oil , wax , shatter. It is very safe and many use them in e-cigs also. I feel you'd get better airflow than using rolling paper in your vape. The air was not really designed to use concentrates , it is a flower vape for the most part but the fun of it is figuring things out.

CarolKing

Organic or regular cotton would be just as pure as rolling papers. There's a thread dedicated to vaporizing with cotton. It works really well. Probably you didn't get as medicated with the AA vs the Nail was the lower temperature.

If you have access the hemp fiber you can use that. I think @stickstones has hemp fiber.

Remember it's fuckcombustion we don't smoke around here.:lol:

Have an awesome weekend.:):leaf:

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I have used cotton in several vapes without problems.

Once the only indica I had was some kief from the bottom of a grinder. Teeny tiny amount in cotton = good night sleep. Did that with Air and Solo (not that I even get any kief anymore).

I also have used cotton at the top of an Ascent bowl to act as a screen. the smallest piece of cotton in a whisp keeps pieces out of my mouth.

CarolKing

I have been a bind before and haven't had a screen and have used cotton. Also I have used cotton in other vaporizers as a spacer because of a large oven. Cotton works wonders as a vaporizing tool. Then you can vaporize the oil soaked cotton when you are done.:D

Last edited:

FluffMolotov

Cleaning was a success, heat treatment of the front bezel loosened it sufficiently. I agree with @OF and do not recommend any others attempt to try their hand at dismantling this unit.

Just for the event I decided a fresh new stem was in order. Settled on recycling a smashed original glass mouthpiece by grinding it down and adding a turned wooden cherry tip (derived from a dead tree in my backyard). Turned out nice and fits a 14mm glass taper perfectly! Almost a shame to throw it away when my trip is over...
eVApdsY.jpg
eVApdsY.jpg

Last edited:

GetLeft

Recently I've been using the shorter plastic tip stem. Tried it a little while ago for some neede enhanced stealth which it of course provided. Noticed as others have that mine fits more loosely and offers a less restrictive draw than the longer stem. Less flavor too of course but hey.

Charged my bats. Coming up on a year and the three oem bats I've had since my purchase are holding up well.

Cleaned the short stem with a single swab, a few drops of iso and a rinse. Cleaned the screen with a quick burnoff and twist.

Such a very simple vape, handy for grabbing some hits quickly and discretely. Loads easy. Vapes easy. Tucks away easy. Cleans easy. Nothing quirky. Just a nicely put together buzz machine. Fits my needs just right.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Cleaning was a success, heat treatment of the front bezel loosened it sufficiently. I agree with @OF and do not recommend any others attempt to try their hand at dismantling this unit.

Just for the event I decided a fresh new stem was in order. Settled on recycling a smashed original glass mouthpiece by grinding it down and adding a turned wooden cherry tip (derived from a dead tree in my backyard). Turned out nice and fits a 14mm glass taper perfectly! Almost a shame to throw it away when my trip is over...
eVApdsY.jpg
eVApdsY.jpg
Very nice, gives me ideas

Dogbrains

Recently I've been using the shorter plastic tip stem. Tried it a little while ago for some neede enhanced stealth which it of course provided. Noticed as others have that mine fits more loosely and offers a less restrictive draw than the longer stem. Less flavor too of course but hey.

Charged my bats. Coming up on a year and the three oem bats I've had since my purchase are holding up well.

Cleaned the short stem with a single swab, a few drops of iso and a rinse. Cleaned the screen with a quick burnoff and twist.

Such a very simple vape, handy for grabbing some hits quickly and discretely. Loads easy. Vapes easy. Tucks away easy. Cleans easy. Nothing quirky. Just a nicely put together buzz machine. Fits my needs just right.

I always have used the shorter plastic tip stem for the same reasons - has a better draw and fits looser. But Ive ordered some replacement tips because I have now broken 2 of them by overtightening. Glad to see they were for sale.

I tried the longer stem for the first time in months and it was difficult to put in even a preheated oven. I try to be gentile with the gasket so wont use again probably. Shorter plastic stem has good flavor for me.

I also have 3 batteries holding up well. Almost added a 4th to my order but seems like 3 is enough.

OyVape

Somebody over in the Mighty thread was comparing battery "pass-through" with the Air and said the Air works plugged in with no battery in it?!?

Is this true and How is this possible?

OyVape,

Vapor Loop

Somebody over in the Mighty thread was comparing battery "pass-through" with the Air and said the Air works plugged in with no battery in it?!?

Is this true and How is this possible?

Well that would be true if it was really pass through, But sadly like a lot of units that make this claim it is not. I really wish companies wouldn't make that claim when it's very hard on the battery if it's not real pass through. The solution for the Air is simply just carry extra batteries and get a external charger so you don't even commonly use the provided charger.

CalyxSmokr

Well that would be true if it was really pass through, But sadly like a lot of units that make this claim it is not. I really wish companies wouldn't make that claim when it's very hard on the battery if it's not real pass through. The solution for the Air is simply just carry extra batteries and get a external charger so you don't even commonly use the provided charger.
I didn't know that part. It is hard on the battery to use plugged in? That is how I mostly use it just out of convenience - plugged in while vaping and then unplug when fully charged.

CalyxSmokr,
Top Bottom