StiltedLimboDancer

I will check with my local vape shop if they have some alternative mouth pieces with slits for extra air flow. I'm living in Europe, so I'm trying to find them somewhere here.

A customer review (vapefied.co.uk) said the PVHES stems easily break. That's not so cool at this price point.

There are also some cheaper "Easy Flow" mouth pieces. Are they ok as well?

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
All the Solo and Air glass stems break easily if dropped. Believe me I know. I'm not sure what's available in Europe. There is definitely a need for more of the easy air flow mouthpieces. Often Planetvape is sold out with some styles because of the demand. When I buy I order more than one because of the shipping costs. I think these pieces are expensive to make. Not sure the mark up but it couldn't be much.

If you find any sold elsewhere let us know here.

Last edited:

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
I will check with my local vape shop if they have some alternative mouth pieces with slits for extra air flow. I'm living in Europe, so I'm trying to find them somewhere here.

A customer review (vapefied.co.uk) said the PVHES stems easily break. That's not so cool at this price point.

There are also some cheaper "Easy Flow" mouth pieces. Are they ok as well?

I bought a cheaper easy flow GONG from vapefiend and it works great. Haven't got a more expensive one to compare it to but it doesn't seem to be lacking in quality in any way! :)

OF

I can only recommend the Ed's TNT stems if you want a classy, unbreakable high air flow option @StiltedLimboDancer. I happen to like the standard stems best but that is the great thing about the Air. It works in so many different ways for so many different folks.

Excellent suggestion. Not eve Ataxian can break one of Ed's stems........our Brothers and Sisters in the EU don't stand a chance of breaking one........

OF

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
How much do these stems improve airflow anyway? I feel like lifting the stock stems up about 1-2mm is more than enough for a ton of added airflow.

Want a tight milkshake draw? Push the stem to the bottom. Want a more airy draw? Lift it up very slightly.

CarolKing

How you load your cannabis can help to. Don't pack at all and keep your screen clean and free of debris.

I think the PVHE stems improves airflow by 30%. Seems like I even read that somewhere. It's a big improvement.

I don't think lifting the stem would help you. You would lose vapor.

Last edited:

riz0

My air seems super restrictive. Pulling the stem up just a few (or more) mm doesn't make a noticeable change in resistance. This is with the stock glass stem.
Kind of want to get a FC-187 but... then I would want a different stem (for better airflow)...at this point, I'm thinking of selling the air and picking up a UD with the bubbler.

So many decisions, I need more money. Opinions?

MeditativeMind

How you load your cannabis can help to. Don't pack at all and keep your screen clean and free of debris.

I think the PVHE stems improves airflow by 30%. Seems like I even read that somewhere. It's a big improvement.

I don't think lifting the stem would help you. You would lose vapor.

How would you lose vapor? It's essentially the same concept as using the PV stems that have notches on the bottom.

My air seems super restrictive. Pulling the stem up just a few (or more) mm doesn't make a noticeable change in resistance. This is with the stock glass stem.
Kind of want to get a FC-187 but... then I would want a different stem (for better airflow)...at this point, I'm thinking of selling the air and picking up a UD with the bubbler.

So many decisions, I need more money. Opinions?

As @CarolKing mentioned, how much you load and even how fine you grind has a lot to do with it.

MeditativeMind,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

riz0

As @CarolKing mentioned, how much you load and even how fine you grind has a lot to do with it.

I've tried different combinations of load size and grind size over the past few weeks without seeing an improvement. Finally I tried testing without anything in the stem and it is still restrictive. My guess is that it's based on the four small holes in the stem. Could've used more and/or bigger holes to allow more airflow. This is based on my preference though because I think that if it were a more airy hit, it would not be as flavorful.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
One small investment I have made is a silicone ashtray to tap out my Air stems. I broke 2 stems & a GonG tapping them on my glass ABV jar rim.

Silicone-ashtray.jpg

I need to find one with a thicker rim but for $2-3 it is a small investment considering it cost me $50 to replace the stems.

MeditativeMind

I had one in my cart at my usual vape store but fuck paying $30 for essentially a silicone ashtray with a lump in the middle. As I was paying with a voucher it was "free" but even then I could not justify it.

Totally agree. That silicone tray is not only overpriced but pretty useless if you ask me.

When the stem is hot all it needs is a very light tap on the desk or a few flicks to the side and the whole bowl drops out clean. What I usually do is hold the stem with my thumb and middle finger and then tap it with my index. If you don't over pack then the whole bowl just slides right out. If the stem has already cooled down then just use the included scoop/pick thing (or anything, really) to empty it.

If you use the tap method, do it using a wooden desk or something plastic. Metal should be fine, too. Just don't tap it on glass or any type of rock or rock material.

I don't have a special "air flow" stem, I don't use screens, I don't use or need any third-party products. Everything the Air needs to function comes with the box. It's all just a matter of HOW you use it. I know some of the vets will disagree with me because it seems they tend to use screens but I haven't found a need for screens at all.

Last edited:

HomeFree

Draw resistance isn't too bad IMO. Gotta take long pulls with it anyways for intense flavor and a strong effect. Don't fight the resistance. There is not really much at all if you slow down your draw. It is probably like that by design. I would imagine fully wide open would give some airy draws, no pun intended.

I go for around 45-90 seconds. Usually a touch over a minute. I thought it was about half as long but I used a stop watch and was surprised! My old solo had way worse restriction for sure but I would lift it up about 1/16" and/or rock it and get some easier draws. Both those vapes were some of the best money I have ever spent. I do not regret it one bit. I would say close to, if not the best $160 I ever spent in my lifetime.

Give yourself a few weeks to get used to it and don't fight it, that will only make it harder to draw. But when I got my air I was stoked at having less draw restriction but not so open it is like sucking on a huge straw. It isn't that bad at all in my opinion. With some practice you should be able to milk some glass here pretty soon!

Oh yeah, on emptying it out... It came with a little scoop. Make sure it is vaped enough to where you can give it a little scoop and it should all drop out easily unless you don't vape it very much. I do that with any vape personally. I vape to where there is little flavor left and tap out still hot.

MeditativeMind

Draw resistance isn't too bad IMO. Gotta take long pulls with it anyways for intense flavor and a strong effect. Don't fight the resistance. There is not really much at all if you slow down your draw. It is probably like that by design. I would imagine fully wide open would give some airy draws, no pun intended.

I go for around 45-90 seconds. Usually a touch over a minute. I thought it was about half as long but I used a stop watch and was surprised! My old solo had way worse restriction for sure but I would lift it up about 1/16" and/or rock it and get some easier draws. Both those vapes were some of the best money I have ever spent. I do not regret it one bit. I would say close to, if not the best $160 I ever spent in my lifetime.

Give yourself a few weeks to get used to it and don't fight it, that will only make it worse. But when I got my air I was stoked at having less draw restriction but not so open it is like sucking on a huge straw. With some practice you should be able to milk some glass here pretty soon!

Oh yeah, on emptying it out... It came with a little scoop. Make sure it is vaped enough to where you can give it a little scoop and it should all drop out easily unless you don't vape it very much. I do that with any vape personally. I vape to where there is little flavor left and tap out still hot.

Ya, coming directly from combustion the draw resistance was a huge turn off. Now I actually prefer it. Too airy of a draw would be too hot and dry, burning my throat/lungs.

CarolKing

You don't need a screen if you use small nuggets and you may find better air flow. A screen gets dirty with bits of cannabis and can effect the draw. Also if you are drawing too hard that will defeat the process. Slow steady draws is what's needed with the Air. If you draw too fast you will get more restriction.

Relax and enjoy. You will find what works for you, it just takes a little practice. Not much of a learning curve with the AA.

Edit
Some folks have lung issues and what might be an easy enough draw for one person could be more difficult for someone else. Adjust your unit to fit your personal needs, whether medical or recreational.

Last edited:

HomeFree

That is a good point CarolKing! A dirty screen is no bueno, or the little holes getting oils in them. Make sure your stuff is clean! It does make a huge difference!

HomeFree,
Reactions: CarolKing

narrowsparrow

I must be grinding my stuff too fine because it comes through into my mouth sometimes. I tried a screen to solve the problem, and it did help. I'm just not a fan of screens, though. I like just glass & vapor between me and my materials.

The AA is my absolute favorite. I foresee the day when there will be a sort of astrological wheel with vape preferences on it, and some wise seer will be able to tell us all about ourselves and make our futures sound awesome, all by knowing our favorite vapes.

I have lost my AA's beep, however. I don't know what maneuver I managed to use that made it go silent. Is there a way to re-set it?

MeditativeMind

I must be grinding my stuff too fine because it comes through into my mouth sometimes. I tried a screen to solve the problem, and it did help. I'm just not a fan of screens, though. I like just glass & vapor between me and my materials.

The AA is my absolute favorite. I foresee the day when there will be a sort of astrological wheel with vape preferences on it, and some wise seer will be able to tell us all about ourselves and make our futures sound awesome, all by knowing our favorite vapes.

I have lost my AA's beep, however. I don't know what maneuver I managed to use that made it go silent. Is there a way to re-set it?

Hold up until you hear a beep.

OF

Ya, coming directly from combustion the draw resistance was a huge turn off. Now I actually prefer it. Too airy of a draw would be too hot and dry, burning my throat/lungs.

Exactly so! When judged from a blazing POV vapes in general, and specifically lower powered/portable ones, are restricted in their draw for sure. But this is not an accident, the makers aren't stupid (at least for the most part), they're sure to have tested various configurations pretty carefully? And they're sure to know folks find the restriction an issue.

But, once you gain some experience, many change their minds. Like a lot of new owners of Solos I too rushed out and bought several 'superior flow rate' stems only to 'come back' to the stock ones. Arizer seems to know what they're doing after all.....go figure. For some, of course, the increased flow is worth it, and more power to 'em. But IMO there's a good reason flow is as restricted as it is. Solo/Air can only make vapor so fast (set by available heat and the load), drawing more (cold) air will only add heated air to the draw (won't make more vapor like in blazing) making the hit 'thinner' but larger in volume but will 'rob' heat from the load to heat that air and thus LOWER actual THC production. Sipping is the call, IMO.

And for all you guys doing flips over ashtrays that don't break stems, why not do what us real pipe smokers did 'in the day'......put a bumper in the ashtray? Nobody is going to knock their fine meerschaum masterpieces (or even a modest one like mine) on anything hard. They're just clay...... My favorite bumper was the top inch or so of a Champagne cork. The real cork ones of course, not the plastic ones. Slice it off about half way through the bulgy part (outside the bottle) and lay it in the ash tray.

OF

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I must be pretty lucky with my stems. I drop em around all the time and they haven't broke yet. I typically tap my duff out into a plastic container or a pill jar... but sometimes when I roast it too much and it's all black I'll tap it out into my ashtray. They prob get the most abuse when I'm cleaning them. On eBay, for $30, they have a 4 piece set where they're all different (plastic tip, extendo glass, bent glass and regular or shorty) with caps, OEM. Thinking I'll prob pick that up.

Hwy420

How would you describe your AA experience after the MFLB? I mean the simplicity of use, draw resistance and overall efficiency (how fast you start feeling the desired effects)

Top Bottom