• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OF

It stresses the battery no more than regular use.

Not true in general or the more important specific case of a discharged battery getting 'hammered' into cutoff over and over.

In the general case, the battery charges part of the time (heating) and discharges part of the time (when the heater comes on, heating even more). Total heat buildup is higher than charging and using at separate times. Heat is a serious enemy of battery life, extra heat is to be avoided.

In the unfortunate case of a discharged (or nearly so) battery, the discharges when the heater comes on can force it back into shutdown/protect several times a minute. This was found to be destroying batteries in ESV, literally killing them in a few such events, so the latest software no longer allows this. Yes, the maker took this popular feature out......

We asked for (some might say 'demanded') this feature. 'Use while charging' makes sense in things like Cell Phones where the discharge is longer than the charge, but in cases like our here IMO this is not a useful feature and should be avoided. The fact that it takes longer to charge tan discharge is a clue.

OF

CalyxSmokr

Not true in general or the more important specific case of a discharged battery getting 'hammered' into cutoff over and over.

In the general case, the battery charges part of the time (heating) and discharges part of the time (when the heater comes on, heating even more). Total heat buildup is higher than charging and using at separate times. Heat is a serious enemy of battery life, extra heat is to be avoided.

In the unfortunate case of a discharged (or nearly so) battery, the discharges when the heater comes on can force it back into shutdown/protect several times a minute. This was found to be destroying batteries in ESV, literally killing them in a few such events, so the latest software no longer allows this. Yes, the maker took this popular feature out......

We asked for (some might say 'demanded') this feature. 'Use while charging' makes sense in things like Cell Phones where the discharge is longer than the charge, but in cases like our here IMO this is not a useful feature and should be avoided. The fact that it takes longer to charge tan discharge is a clue.

OF
So what is the best strategy for the Air? I feel like maybe you already covered it in this post but I can't understand it.
Is it OK to keep it plugged in and charge it to less than full or is what was said earlier really the best? To avoid the Air charger and do everything with an external charger?
I have a feeling I will continue like I have because the battery really does run down very fast and I would almost rather put wear on my battery than wear out the threads etc on the battery compartment.
But I am genuinely curious and will change if the heat of charging is really going to wear out my cells.

OF

So what is the best strategy for the Air? I feel like maybe you already covered it in this post but I can't understand it.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-325#post-910657
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-1445#post-923989

Your call, of course, it's yours. But if you check that reference above you'll find that 'leaving it plugged into the charger so it's always ready to go' is probably the worst thing you can do for battery life Seriously. Just holding it at 100% charge (never using it) will kill the battery. I'm sure you know a cell phone that as horrid run time? Now you know why.

OF

CalyxSmokr

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-325#post-910657
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-1445#post-923989

Your call, of course, it's yours. But if you check that reference above you'll find that 'leaving it plugged into the charger so it's always ready to go' is probably the worst thing you can do for battery life Seriously. Just holding it at 100% charge (never using it) will kill the battery. I'm sure you know a cell phone that as horrid run time? Now you know why.

OF
Well I don't really mean leaving it always plugged in so its ready to go. I mean plugging it in during use so it doesn't get real low and require a battery change. And what if I do that and not let it top off at all...let it charge up to around 80% and then take it off the charger?
Not storing it (which I guess is best done at about 60% charge) but planning to use it soon.

OF

I mean plugging it in during use so it doesn't get real low and require a battery change. And what if I do that and not let it top off at all...let it charge up to around 80% and then take it off the charger?

After that first time, avoiding fully charged is a serious advantage IMO. Stopping at 90% (about .1 Volt) short can DOUBLE the battery life. Yes, 300 'cycles' to 600. Drop it again, to 80% and it doubles again to 1200......a considerable improvement on 300?

OF

I've already said I don't think it's a good idea to 'use why charging' and why. My opinion there hasn't changed.......IT'S A BAD IDEA, DON'T DO IT. Charge it or use it, but not at the same time, if protecting battery life is important to you.

OF

CalyxSmokr

I've already said I don't think it's a good idea to 'use why charging' and why. My opinion there hasn't changed.......IT'S A BAD IDEA, DON'T DO IT. Charge it or use it, but not at the same time, if protecting battery life is important to you.

OF
Well I guess that is workable. I can charge some with the Air charger and unplug for use...then plug it in for a little after use without topping off

CalyxSmokr

Or charge it fully and immediately use it for a session before putting it away at about 80% charge?

OF
I like it

Since batteries aren't too expensive buy 4 or 5. Get yourself a charger like a Nitecore and get the car adapter too. You should be pretty well set.

I got em and a Luc4 but I find myself just using one anyway. I like the portability but very infreq to use away from easy plug access

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Since a replacement is around 10% of the purchase price of a new Air I see no reason to treat the batteries with kid gloves. They are designed to be used & used hard so do it I say. Most of the time I will stick the batteries in my Nitecore overnight & pop them out in the morning.

@OF makes a lot of good points regarding battery life, lifecycle & how to get the most out of your battery & it is. If my 3 Air batteries all died at once tomorrow I would just buy another couple as it is easier to replace a battery than to replace a unit.

Using the Air as a session vape with the short stem really shows the Air in the best light IMO. Sure it can milk up a waterpipe with ease but I just find a 10 minute session is a very relaxing way to begin the evening.

Jsmith7326

You can also wrap concentrates in cotton.

This i've seen.

BTW, Do you guys preheat the Air with the stem in it? or wait until its heated and add it. I know they say to add it first, but i find that i cant make it to the end of the ten mins if I preheat.

Seems like a waste somewhat

Last edited:

GetLeft

Do you guys preheat the Air with the stem in it? or wait until its heated and add it.

I typically let it make its selected temp, then place the stem in. If I'm working on blue, I may wait 10 or 15 seconds before hitting, just to get the material a little warm. Or if I'm dealing with a fresh bud a brief wait is useful. If I'm at white or above, I don't wait after placing the stem in the unit.

Threefingerlid

I agree about the preheat for the Air. My wife uses it ( I the Solo) and she blasts it on yellow all the time and puts in the stem right away. It works for her and she is a reluctant non- combuster still ( likes the rush) I on the other hand preheat my Solo a bit each time, just habit really. No matter what you're still vaping with a good product that delivers the goods. Enjoy

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Is it OK to keep it plugged in and charge it to less than full or is what was said earlier really the best? To avoid the Air charger and do everything with an external charger?
I have a feeling I will continue like I have because the battery really does run down very fast and I would almost rather put wear on my battery than wear out the threads etc on the battery compartment.
But I am genuinely curious and will change if the heat of charging is really going to wear out my cells.
I have 15 batts, Nitecore I4 charger, pass-thru not needed.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This i've seen.

BTW, Do you guys preheat the Air with the stem in it? or wait until its heated and add it. I know they say to add it first, but i find that i cant make it to the end of the ten mins if I preheat.

You use the Air whichever way works for you. A heat soak isn't necessary unless that's what you want to do. We all have our fav way to use the Air. I find that I need a few minutes more in my session, so I turn the AA back on to finish.

I usually prefer the lower temps because the flavor is better. I also use a Solo mouthpiece with mine.

I like to tailor my vaporizer to fit my needs.

Allanthia420

Like zoinks man
Hey guys I just ordered the Air for the second time (traded my first one and regretted it ever since) and I just was wondering what kind of stems would you guys recommend?? I already ordered a Bogwood from Ed's TNT (I am taking it on vacation with me soon and need one that will not break), but I really wanna get some cooler ones. I've seen some really cool ones from Joda glass with an Octopus on them and was wondering how would I obtain something like that?

Spocks_Katra

I've had the Joda stems from there before and those seem to be the very simple ones. I was really looking for one with the octopus design, or something much more complex. I assume I would probably have to contact Joda directly?

I think I know the one you are talking about, was it the black octopus someone posted to r/vaporents?

You can pm him in his thread in the GLASS section of the forums. not sure on pricing but let me know if you find out as i am interested as well

stay medicated:leaf::peace:

Allanthia420

Like zoinks man
I think I know the one you are talking about, was it the black octopus someone posted to r/vaporents?

You can pm him in his thread in the GLASS section of the forums. not sure on pricing but let me know if you find out as i am interested as well

stay medicated:leaf::peace:

Awesome I wasn't sure if he was on here!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven

depends... sometimes I'm doing something else at the same time and preheat by accident. I'm almost always going over the 10 min though. I've found I'll often times shut off and turn back on mid sesh just because I know it's gonna go longer. But I can tell by the end of the pull if it has shut off or not (I keep the beep off)... I guess by the temp. I used to drag on it for awhile and then realize... but now I almost always notice mid sip/rip that it's gone off. I have a handful or two of batteries though. If I only had 1 or 2 I would probably be more conservative and not preheat as a rule.

Top Bottom