• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

olivianewtonjohn

@Alegre just saw @Stevenski quoting you:

"Can the air be use to take a couple of hits, put down, then pick up again for a couple more hits?

That's the way I used to smoke before I got the flowermate 5s. Can I remove the glass bowl and put it back in when I'm ready for more? Or would that waste to much herb?

BTW, pardon me if it has been answered....I'm on page 51 out of 307 pages."

Honestly if you want to use a vape for a few hits here or there I would not buy the solo or air. They are great if you are just kicking back for 10 mins or so having a session but IMO they make lousy take a hit here or there vapes. For that you should check out MFLB, grasshopper, some others that escape me. If you can get used to a session vape then I would highly recommend the arizer products.

GetLeft

@Alegre"Can the air be use to take a couple of hits, put down, then pick up again for a couple more hits?

I like the AA for just this reason. Three hits on the lowest setting does me just fine. So I can gently fill the bowl of the long stem, heat up in under two minutes, do my thing, turn it off and cap it. Then go back a while later, heat up to white or whatever, and finish off the load.

OyVape

You can use it like that but IMO it's not the best use for the Air. The Air is a reliable, nice tasting vape but IME it never seems to taste as good when you come back to it after shutting it off for a while.

If you want an inexpensive, convenient vape, try the Summit. I have both vapes and this one has a 90 second cutoff (goes on standby) so it works well for a hit or two at a time. Bigger bowl too.

OF

You can use it like that but IMO it's not the best use for the Air. The Air is a reliable, nice tasting vape but IME it never seems to taste as good when you come back to it after shutting it off for a while.

If you want an inexpensive, convenient vape, try the Summit. I have both vapes and this one has a 90 second cutoff (goes on standby) so it works well for a hit or two at a time. Bigger bowl too.

Well put. While that mode is possible, it's not really optimum? For sure most of the taste is in the first few hits, as it typically is. THC remains, however, so from a MMJ standpoint it makes good sense.

I too like the Summit for 'a quick hit or two on the sly' duty but think it too suffers from taste loss and will never be as clean tasting as Solo/Air. IMO an even better option here is ESV, although it's more expensive by nearly twice? And like Summit has limited battery life to achieve compact size. It is, however, a true convection vape (unlike Solo/Air or Summit), so it's instantly (or nearly so) in production when hit and stops automatically just as fast. In fact it has no 'off' function (short of dead battery), it's always in standby ready to deliver vapor on the first hit. If I was living a 'hit or two at a time, all day long' life it'd be my first choice I think. If GH ever makes it to market in a realistic way it too could be in this class.

OF

CalyxSmokr

Yeah not so much for a few tokes and put down. I tried partly filling the chamber with domed screen in place but that was unsatisfying (still effects but huff and puff forever). I think it needs the chamber filled to heat up properly. I will just wait a little longer till I want to kill a whole stem.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Both the AA and the Solo are more of a session vape but works as a quick hitter too. If you use a dome screen you don't need much product either. I've used a partial stem and have taken the stem out and save for later like @GetLeft suggested.

I find the flavor with the Solo is better than the AA after the first few draws. The Solo's ability to milk the flavor last for me until almost the end of my 10 min session.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
This has been discussed before but I have also found something new (or for new and potential buyers)....

I know many people keep extra pre-filled capped stems on them when out and about, I would personally never do this, too much extra stuff to carry and break.

If I need lots of herb to take out I use a full size or mini doob tube, you can pre-grind the weed and easily fill it from your grinder at home before you leave. I can fit nearly a gram in my mini one so more than enough for a few days of heavy vaping. (Thank you @OF).

However recently I actually repurposed something that works even better for some scenarios. Does anyone know of these? http://bit.ly/1jCNUKD

They are for keeping a single note on your keys, well if you take the note out you can fit 2/3 loads of an Air on your keys. Really discreet, no one would look twice.

When it comes to reloading with either method it's possible to do it out on the street if walking somewhere. However normally when I have my herb in the above containers Im out at a restaurant / bar so I just go to a cubicle and reload. Only takes seconds :)

OF

This has been discussed before but I have also found something new (or for new and potential buyers)....

However recently I actually repurposed something that works even better for some scenarios. Does anyone know of these? http://bit.ly/1jCNUKD

Yep, I tried a similar one early on, meant for folks that carry emergency heart pills. I had trouble with the threads picking bits up.

I then switched to these snap cap "Centrifuge tubes":
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50Pcs-5ml-P...298340?hash=item2a49b61da4:g:mrgAAOSwwTlUnfVG

They have attached caps you work with your thumb (open or close one handed) and come in several convenient sizes. The 2ml and 5ml sizes being most useful for field use I think? 10ml versions are also nice. The five just barely fits an AAA cell for perspective. You can go with premeasured loads or bulk and meter it out as used in the normal way. I like the premeasured idea, and have long used small glass vials for .125 gram loads for the MFLB. Next time I 'load up' I'm trying the one piece plastic ones (I have a couple dozen glass ones in a box with still a few left (MFLB isn't being used much these days, too many new vapes out...).

There are also 'cone bottomed' versions including a handy bitty one IMO very useful for concentrates:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-1-6ml-...050088?hash=item43d1d29e68:g:dnkAAMXQBg5Rv0Zb

A toothpick will dig a tiny amount of oil/wax from such a tube easily and you can put the closed tube in hot water for a few minutes to get the oil flowing then stand them up on end to cool to shift the concentrate to the tip. The 1.6ml version also fits inside the Vapman egg with the unit, very handy.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-194#post-880551

If you poke around a bit you can find them quite cheap in reasonable quantities. It's funny how having a bag of the larger sizes around finds all kinds of uses. For instance a friend took PBW in some on vacation with him, made it very easy to keep his gear clean both on the go and for the trip home. Between this and 'handing them out left and right' it's getting time to order another bag.......

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Yeah not so much for a few tokes and put down. I tried partly filling the chamber with domed screen in place but that was unsatisfying (still effects but huff and puff forever). I think it needs the chamber filled to heat up properly. I will just wait a little longer till I want to kill a whole stem.

AA vapes really well with inverted dome screen, cuts bowl size in half, but winds up giving you almost as long a session. I normally dry, shred, dry, shred to get a fine dry grind. Bowl size with the stem is about .06 to .08 (depends on strain). Load nice and level to top, tamp slightly, draw resistance will be much less than a full stem.

No dome / dome, 2 different vapes IMHO.

and, taste suffers on a paused session, be sure to suck the heat out of the stem after you shut it off...

ps
OK , loyal Arizer buddies. I just returned my undelivered Zion, got refunded right away. Thank you... In all honesty, it was as big as a brick, and no matter how it worked, I'd get sick of that. Now I have some cash to "burn", and really wanna play around with another vape. You guys know my likes (AA-ness), and have much more experience with "other" vapes. Suggestions before I waste hundred of dollars?

thanks friends!!!

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
AA vapes really well with inverted dome screen, cuts bowl size in half, but winds up giving you almost as long a session. I normally dry, shred, dry, shred to get a fine dry grind. Bowl size with the stem is about .06 to .08 (depends on strain). Load nice and level to top, tamp slightly, draw resistance will be much less than a full stem.

and, taste suffers on a paused session, be sure to suck the heat out of the stem after you shut it off...

I have just started weighing my stems & seem to get between .09 & .1 in my stem. The majority of the time it is .09 though & that is great for a full session going from white to green. I also always ensure my bud is well dried using my bathroom heater light for 10 minutes after grinding.

OK , loyal Arizer buddies. I just returned my undelivered Zion, got refunded right away. Thank you... In all honesty, it was as big as a brick, and no matter how it worked, I'd get sick of that. Now I have some cash to "burn", and really wanna play around with another vape. You guys know my likes (AA-ness), and have much more experience with "other" vapes. Suggestions before I waste hundred of dollars?

thanks friends!!!

I would say have a good look at the Firewood as a portable convection on demand vape would compliment the three amigos nicely.

http://firewoodvapes.com/

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Stevenski

using dome screen?
also checking our firewood.... what's a load size with FW? How efficient? Do I need spare batts, as they mention extra batteries but not sure if you can change without some tools (like solo). Looks like you can only get it from them... are they reliable with shipping, warranty, repair, etc?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
@Stevenski

using dome screen?
also checking our firewood.... what's a load size with FW? How efficient? Do I need spare batts, as they mention extra batteries but not sure if you can change without some tools (like solo). Looks like you can only get it from them... are they reliable with shipping, warranty, repair, etc?
Marc is an awesome guy, check out the thread, lots of new fw3 owners

Justpassedu

ps

thanks friends!!!
Pax 2 is cool , i wrote a lil info for you over in that thread. I think you'd like it. Mine makes a good companion to my air and my girl loves it , i can usually only get her to take a few puffs when i have my pax2 out and she will also use the air occasionally , my mighty is to strong for her and my desktops also. I'd say grasshopper also but i dont have mine yet and who knows if i'll ever get it.

GetLeft

I love my AA. But want a little more stealth for when I'm out having a beer or two at my favorite breweries. FM mini wasn't quite as convenient as I was hoping so now it's just a matter of time before I get the FW3. Shorter vapor path than what I'm used to with the AA so I'm guessing harsher vapor perhaps, but that will be a worthwhile tradeoff for quick, on demand, convection hits. May take a little finesse to get it working but everything I'm seeing appears good for what I want. I have my heavy hitter needs taken care of with the nano. The Air does everything else. Serves me so well. Now I'm hoping the FW3 will fill that last little niche for me. If not, I just may go back and check out what was almost going to be my first step into vaplandia: the mflb.

Justpassedu

If it's Stealth you are after & going smaller than the air , the pax 2 fits the bill. It is very discrete , grasshopper also but the company is having problems shipping and working the kinks out. I also recommend the goboof alfa as well , very nice little vape and super small with great battery life also. I just don't like the warranty and that i had to send mine back to Ireland when i had a problem. I believe the haze is kinda big , i tried one once , it was a nice vape just not for me. Not my picture but here is a size comparison of the P1,P2,Goboof Alfa and Air - http://i.imgur.com/BHhrzo1h.jpg

Here is one showing a # of vapes including the Haze - http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/best-portable/ scroll down a drop to view pics

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I love my AA. But want a little more stealth for when I'm out having a beer or two at my favorite breweries.
(Just posted this in the Ecapple iv-4 thread. Not sure about the policy here. Mods?)
I own several conduction and a couple of convection vapes. The best convection vape in my lineup is the Epic Nano, hands down, but it needs to be plugged into a mains. To address this, I picked up an Elevape Smart, a battery powered convection unit. This one is great for an instant toke and put back in your pocket and is ultra stealthy. No smell. I'll get back to this.
That brings me to efficiency, and I have to say, it depends on what your priority is. No doubt, my Epic Nano is the single most efficient vape I own. Efficiency of material, long lasting great taste, and can't seem to be able to bring down the temp regardless of how hard I pull on it.
But on the go, which one? At first I'd be tempted to say to say the Elevape Smart but my Ecapple has proven to be more reliable and very fast heating. The thing is though, and I only realized this last night, it smells. It can reek like a Pax.
Which I've used at a wedding but found way to slow to heat up to temp, for stealth.
Yes, last evening, I returned from a bathroom break sneak toke and a colleague commented that "it smells like weed!"
Prior to that, when using the Elevape Smart, no one noticed or said a word.
However, the Elevape is in the neighborhood of $350 whereas the Ecapple $80? The Ecapple vapes more completely and more satisfyingly, imo. There are 3 settings for heat-up time. The Ecapple also features a replaceable battery, not so for the Elevape.
The Arizer Air, another conduction vape, also offers excellent flavor and efficiency. You can conveniently remove the load from the heater between hits, if you wish. This prolongs the session. Yet, the Air is rather slow to heat up - particularly compared with the Ecapple. Another thing to consider: confiscation. I certainly would be bummed out by having one of my more pricier vapes taken away, at a show for example. Not that I'd be thrilled losing my Ecapple!
For anybody lurking, don't worry. You will not be disappointed picking up an Ecapple. It can play as hard, if not harder, than most portables and even a some desktop units.
Enjoy!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski

using dome screen?

I use a flat 20mm screen & then shape it by bending it over the end of a Sharpie (push the cap over the screen to shape it) & then flatten it out once inside the stem. I was using dome screens but found that it was many times better using a flattened screen that uses about 50% of the space inside the stem.

I don't know a huge amount about the Firewood (except I nearly purchased one last week on impulse) but I do know it is portable on demand convection in it's 3rd version. That is completely different to the Air & whilst it has "user replaceable" batteries it is not a swap out system like the Air but more like the Solo where.

This is a cottage industry vape not a mass produced one so I would suggest looking at the FW thread for user opinion. I have not seen any problems getting issues fixed but I believe it is a vape for a canniseur & requires some technique experimentation to achieve the best out of the unit.

Packing up the Air for a road trip to scatter grandma's ashes today :rip:. Three fully charged batteries, a loaded twin pack of stems for the drive & some nice ground buds in my new Kannastor puck. Combine that with some nice twisty roads to push my car on & not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I use a flat 20mm screen & then shape it by bending it over the end of a Sharpie (push the cap over the screen to shape it) & then flatten it out once inside the stem. I was using dome screens but found that it was many times better using a flattened screen that uses about 50% of the space inside the stem.

I don't know a huge amount about the Firewood (except I nearly purchased one last week on impulse) but I do know it is portable on demand convection in it's 3rd version. That is completely different to the Air & whilst it has "user replaceable" batteries it is not a swap out system like the Air but more like the Solo where.

This is a cottage industry vape not a mass produced one so I would suggest looking at the FW thread for user opinion. I have not seen any problems getting issues fixed but I believe it is a vape for a canniseur & requires some technique experimentation to achieve the best out of the unit.

Packing up the Air for a road trip to scatter grandma's ashes today :rip:. Three fully charged batteries, a loaded twin pack of stems for the drive & some nice ground buds in my new Kannastor puck. Combine that with some nice twisty roads to push my car on & not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Thanks Stevenski, I'm pretty sure it's gonna take some type of expertise to get this thing humming. It should be a nice contrast to the AA, we shall see....

also, I use dome screen, but can also use a flat and shape it. I actually "crush" my dome screens flat (top touches sides) with a 1/4 inch (maybe 5/16) dowel.... The bowl is about half the size of no screen, maybe a drip less.

I just got some 60mm stems (thanks @Justpassedu) directly from Arizer (did not know they existed because I get all my AA stuff from Puffitup). The stem and bowl are smaller. I will need to use a "flat screen" here I think, dome a bit big, only leaves about 30%.

olivianewtonjohn

Thanks Stevenski, I'm pretty sure it's gonna take some type of expertise to get this thing humming. It should be a nice contrast to the AA, we shall see....

also, I use dome screen, but can also use a flat and shape it. I actually "crush" my dome screens flat (top touches sides) with a 1/4 inch (maybe 5/16) dowel.... The bowl is about half the size of no screen, maybe a drip less.

I just got some 60mm stems (thanks @Justpassedu) directly from Arizer (did not know they existed because I get all my AA stuff from Puffitup). The stem and bowl are smaller. I will need to use a "flat screen" here I think, dome a bit big, only leaves about 30%.
Didnt the unit come with a 60mm? :huh:. I thought that was the stem that came with it?

UnshavenFish

My stock is 60, I think I remember at somepoint they changed it to 70 and the 60's were not available then they started selling them separate.

@Bravesst you can still use a domed screen just flip it the other way, you only loose a tiny amount of space and there are no gaps around the edge for herb to get stuck.

(Sorry if this pic is big, I thought I made it smaller but it still looks big to me on iPad)

Last edited:

OF

70mm, plastic tip and sraight short stem came with all 4 Airs ive purchased new.

The very first ones came with both 60 and 70mm plastic topped ones, and a straight Solo stem (wrapped in the case). Before Christmas they released the short all glass stem and pulled the second plastic tipped one.

My guess is a last minute decision to include an all glass stem?

My stock is 60, I think I remember at somepoint they changed it to 70 and the 60's were not available then they started selling them separate.

While they were hard to find at first, you can now order any of the 3 (60, 70, and all glass) for ten bucks each, give or take.

OF

Top Bottom