ilikechinesefood

Kitty Meowmein
So I dropped my air for the first time :( left a small scratch I remeber reading that apparently they say not to use it if damnaged since there's delicate parts but dang even though it obviously most likely is fine I hate those little warnings. Getting me all paranoid

But anyways yeah just thought I'd say how they should of made it easy to disassemble. Plus prob should make stronger glass. Dropped the stem in the sink the other day from like 3 in and shattered. Bummed out man.

But anyways to contribute I have found I actually like the stem pushed all the way in since I get thincker hits

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
Hi folks, I have an Air from the original release.

Besides now having a battery indicator on startup, are users aware of any additional incremental improvements made to the Air since its initial release?

olivianewtonjohn

So I dropped my air for the first time :( left a small scratch I remeber reading that apparently they say not to use it if damnaged since there's delicate parts but dang even though it obviously most likely is fine I hate those little warnings. Getting me all paranoid

But anyways yeah just thought I'd say how they should of made it easy to disassemble. Plus prob should make stronger glass. Dropped the stem in the sink the other day from like 3 in and shattered. Bummed out man.

But anyways to contribute I have found I actually like the stem pushed all the way in since I get thincker hits

If you inspect the bowl area and stems that could give you ideas about any damage that could be harmful. Maybe also inspect the battery, im no expert but I think its a good idea to keep an eye on these batteries since they have alot of energy even in a small size.

Cuthbert Sinclair

hello all

so yesterday I came back from work and I switched on my AA and set it to the green temp setting took a few draws and then on its own the unit shut off
I powered it back on and set it to green again and as it started to heat up the lower blue light blinked 2 times normally then it started to blink rapidly but somehow managed to reach the temp n while I was taking a draw the unit turned it self off

I panicked and emailed arizer n they told me to charge the unit for 4+hours and then give it a try n to report back to them how many 10 mins sessions came from one full charge
I told them id get back to then in 24 hours
so the next day after work I charged up the unit and turned it on set it to green and let it heat up. on the first draw itself the unit shut off
I emailed arizer right away n told them what had happened.
so they told me as I am very far away from them they will send me a new unit. and I will just have to pay the shipping charges as that is not covered by their warranty

so yeah waiting for their reply on what to do next

will keep you guys posted

has anyone come across this problem ??

Cuthbert Sinclair

Yes, it's come up a few times. A couple of times it was a failed battery, a couple were replaced (which of course put a new battery in play).

Good luck with it, but I'm confident happy vaping lies ahead.

OF
I'm worried dude they aren't replying idk what to do coz when I received my product I had to pay 42%tax on the total bill so I'm reallly hoping that doesn't happen again

OF

I'm worried dude they aren't replying idk what to do coz when I received my product I had to pay 42%tax on the total bill so I'm reallly hoping that doesn't happen again

You could refuse it if that happens and sort it out afterwards? IMO it's not realistic to expect any maker to keep current with the various rules. For instance Vapman is very careful with his instructions for returns for that reason, 'returned for service' has real value in some cases.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually. Have you tried a different battery?

OF

Cuthbert Sinclair

You could refuse it if that happens and sort it out afterwards? IMO it's not realistic to expect any maker to keep current with the various rules. For instance Vapman is very careful with his instructions for returns for that reason, 'returned for service' has real value in some cases.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually. Have you tried a different battery?

OF
yeah the same thing happens in my other battery also

DopeFight

For those of you who use the glass tube with the plastic mouthpiece, are any of you having a problem with the plastic tip breaking or rather cracking on the side? I have had two or three now that got a slight crack on the side of the plastic tip, right about the same place. I'm not sure what I could be doing to cause them to crack like that, I'm always careful when putting the tips back on so I don't over tightening them.

Doe's anyone know of a place that may sell like a little multi-pack of the plastic tips. The only place I have found so far to get only the tips is from Arizer but they only sell them separately.

Can anyone recommend a couple of good aftermarket (I assume would be the right word) glass stems?

CalyxSmokr

For those of you who use the glass tube with the plastic mouthpiece, are any of you having a problem with the plastic tip breaking or rather cracking on the side? I have had two or three now that got a slight crack on the side of the plastic tip, right about the same place. I'm not sure what I could be doing to cause them to crack like that, I'm always careful when putting the tips back on so I don't over tightening them.

Doe's anyone know of a place that may sell like a little multi-pack of the plastic tips. The only place I have found so far to get only the tips is from Arizer but they only sell them separately.

Can anyone recommend a couple of good aftermarket (I assume would be the right word) glass stems?
http://www.planetvape.ca/air-vaporizer-mouthpiece-tip.html

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I emailed arizer right away n told them what had happened.
so they told me as I am very far away from them they will send me a new unit. and I will just have to pay the shipping charges as that is not covered by their warranty

so yeah waiting for their reply on what to do next

will keep you guys posted

has anyone come across this problem ??

Never had that problem but it looks like pretty decent customer service from Arizer. If they send you a complete unit worst case you get an extra charger, stirring stick, two stems & stem caps for the cost of freight. You can never have enough spare stems, caps & batteries I think. Breeds peace of mind :)

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado

Someone else mentioned about the plastic cracking.

They tended to spin their stem around mid session and this was over tightening and then causing it to crack. Due to the rubber gasket between the glass and the plastic you only need to tighten it up really really loosely. When you get a replacement make sure you keep it looser and I don't think you will have a problem.

I have been using mine for over 10 months and it still hasn't cracked.

My personal preference for additional stems is the all glass Solo stem. It is exactly like the all glass stem that came with the Air except its 115mm. I find it really cools the vapor down and makes it really smooth.

Hi guys,

I know that vaporizing is much better than smoking, but with a (great) portable vape like the Arizer Air, the mouthpiece is situated pretty much right on top of the heater. I would imagine there's not much cooling of the air between the heater and when it's inhaled. Has anyone measured the temperature of the air when its inhaled? Does inhaling oven-hot, dry air have any bad effects? Isn't it basically running hot air info your lungs as if it's vaporizing the herb?

I'm thinking with cigarettes, the filter cools the smoke substantially. I found this on the net (http://www.chacha.com/question/how-hot-is-cigarette-smoke-when-you-inhale-it), where it says cigarette smoke is approx 50-60 Celsius when inhaled. I think using the Arizer Air (straight glass mouthpiece) I'm inhaling 200 Ceisius air, right? Should I be worried?

I know using a water tool will reduce the temp btw. Just asking about when you're sucking right on it.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Hi guys,

I know that vaporizing is much better than smoking, but with a (great) portable vape like the Arizer Air, the mouthpiece is situated pretty much right on top of the heater. I would imagine there's not much cooling of the air between the heater and when it's inhaled. Has anyone measured the temperature of the air when its inhaled? Does inhaling oven-hot, dry air have any bad effects? Isn't it basically running hot air info your lungs as if it's vaporizing the herb?

I'm thinking with cigarettes, the filter cools the smoke substantially. I found this on the net (http://www.chacha.com/question/how-hot-is-cigarette-smoke-when-you-inhale-it), where it says cigarette smoke is approx 50-60 Celsius when inhaled. I think using the Arizer Air (straight glass mouthpiece) I'm inhaling 200 Ceisius air, right? Should I be worried?

I know using a water tool will reduce the temp btw. Just asking about when you're sucking right on it.

Genuine question, how hot is a sauna I know it's not 200 lol, maybe 80-90? Really interesting point though.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
A picture is worth a thousand words. This seems to be a "heavy" strain, but that will probably translate into longer sessions. Stems are all fitted with a dome screen (inverted in longer stems), and I've been able to load 12 stems on 1 gram, this time only 8. I'll report back on length of sessions (probably 20 minutes plus each stem).
NJm64wi.jpg

x9Vh2YM.jpg

iDipEvn.jpg

Cuthbert Sinclair

A picture is worth a thousand words. This seems to be a "heavy" strain, but that will probably translate into longer sessions. Stems are all fitted with a dome screen (inverted in longer stems), and I've been able to load 12 stems on 1 gram, this time only 8. I'll report back on length of sessions (probably 20 minutes plus each stem).
NJm64wi.jpg

x9Vh2YM.jpg

iDipEvn.jpg
dude that's a very nice thing you've done to your silicone cover
can you tell me how you did it and what benifit is there by making it shorter from the bottom

Vapormatic

Hi guys,

Working outlet temp is 100-125 Celsius. Pulling hard on spent stems increases temps & risks gum problems.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
dude that's a very nice thing you've done to your silicone cover
can you tell me how you did it and what benifit is there by making it shorter from the bottom
I used a multi sized hole punch, premarket holes with perm marker while on. Slice off about 1/2 inch at bottom for easier batt swap (optional). Neatness counts :clap: !!!

OF

You can never have enough spare stems, caps & batteries I think. Breeds peace of mind :)

Who was it that said "you can never be too rich or too slim"?

They tended to spin their stem around mid session and this was over tightening and then causing it to crack. Due to the rubber gasket between the glass and the plastic you only need to tighten it up really really loosely. When you get a replacement make sure you keep it looser and I don't think you will have a problem.

Excellent point, thanks for the reminder!

Has anyone measured the temperature of the air when its inhaled?

I've tried, but it's not at all easy to do. I used thermocouples in the stem on Solo but getting a reliable reading before you run out of lungs was past my ability. This is kind of a subjective area I think, made more complex because the specific heat (how much heat in calories is needed for a given heat change (in degrees)) is very low. This is why a long stem, which we all agree cools the vapor doesn't really get all that warm doing so. It's mostly conduction, not convection, at work in the heating.

I suggest guys try different gear/techniques and see what suits them, including a bubbler or two somewhere along that trail.

Cool photo, nice to have the day's work laid out before you, isn't it?

Right, I think saunas get up to 90C max. 200C is more like oven baking temps. I hope I'm not cooking myself from the inside out :(

If it kills you can I have your vapes? Let the others divide you stash.......

TIA

OF

OyVape

A couple times this week my Air lit up both lights on turquoise color! One time the top light turned blue and the bottom light turned green, then started blinking furiously. Never seen this before. It was also very unresponsive when I tried to turn it off. Anyone know what this means before I email Arizer? I'm still under the 2 year warranty.

OF

A couple times this week my Air lit up both lights on turquoise color! One time the top light turned blue and the bottom light turned green, then started blinking furiously. Never seen this before. It was also very unresponsive when I tried to turn it off. Anyone know what this means before I email Arizer? I'm still under the 2 year warranty.

It's been discussed several times, although I don't recall the issue/resolution. I suggest a careful search. It's in there. If you have issues with the built in function, use Google or some 'outside' search engine?

OF

Top Bottom