bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
HI! I hope you can forgive me for not going through all 148 pages.. The plastic on top of one of the glass stems, is it removable? And how do i clean the stems??

Yes, the black plastic tips should screw off, if you are looking at the tip face on turn anti clockwise.

I had many problems removing mine, it was incredibly tight. I found it better to grip the thicker bit of the black plastic and not the thinner mouthpiece section.

bluenavey00,

Justpassedu

Hi, i recommend braking a razor blade in half so it fits in the oven, then inverting the unit and scraping the bowl, it should come out nice and shinny if done right.
No offense but i dont think there should be any sharp metal touching the oven. I have had my oven gunked up like original poster's and it was as simple as a little pre heat and q tip with iso and it came clean. if that does not work than i would try some powder brewery wash on a qtip with warm water or possibly a drop of salt on a qtip with iso and turn the unit upside down to clean.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
No offense but i dont think there should be any sharp metal touching the oven. I have had my oven gunked up like original poster's and it was as simple as a little pre heat and q tip with iso and it came clean. if that does not work than i would try some powder brewery wash on a qtip with warm water or possibly a drop of salt on a qtip with iso and turn the unit upside down to clean.

Was thinking the same, will defo try the soft approach before anything metal is touching my oven :)

ilikechinesefood

Kitty Meowmein
i guess I shouldn't have said anything to begin with or handled it differently? Idk.. i remained polite though but you guys got me feeling bad I ever said anything now. Was I wrong? For me I just felt it was different enough to say something. My dissatisfaction ultimately ended up coming from the customer service not the stem its self.

Considering that they were selling the broken glass stems they broke as 'imperfect' for half price which was described as possibly being chipped.... No i think its fine you complain. In fact i think its warranted If youre paying for the 'perfect' version. Honestly id be disappointed about the chip more. Dont put too much stress on that area.... Also seeing a tinge of elitism from pv... Which i despise regardless of the proveyor. Especially when the alternative is free and gets you farther compaired to telling the customer to fuck off. Shows a lack of forsight, which i guess could already be inferred. Edit: you did say it was chipped right? Cuz im not so sure you did now....:uhoh:

They (pv) seem to be a real inconvience atm. Very dissuading. Not saying i could do any better but man i shoulda been vaping on my birthday.

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
OK, Air-Heads, I just 'had' to post a clearer pic of my case (I'm a photographer by hobby and ex-job) for y'all and also add the fact that these eGo cases also hold the PNWT quite well !! Substantial enough padding and hardness to protect it from most drops I would think.
So here's the PNWT in the eGo case !

eGo_case-w-PNWT-slanted.png

Yeah, not a good photo itself either ha ha.
However here's a clearer pic of the Air in its case, I carry both and if I wanted, the PNWT case has room for one 18650 battery on the side !

eGo_case-w-Air.png

Both close easily and snug !
HIGHLY recommended !! :tup:

(herb canister with my Innokin sticker is a Jyarz container)

KidFated.

Unknown Member
OK, Air-Heads, I just 'had' to post a clearer pic of my case (I'm a photographer by hobby and ex-job) for y'all and also add the fact that these eGo cases also hold the PNWT quite well !! Substantial enough padding and hardness to protect it from most drops I would think.
So here's the PNWT in the eGo case !

eGo_case-w-PNWT-slanted.png

Yeah, not a good photo itself either ha ha.
However here's a clearer pic of the Air in its case, I carry both and if I wanted, the PNWT case has room for one 18650 battery on the side !

eGo_case-w-Air.png

Both close easily and snug !
HIGHLY recommended !! :tup:

(herb canister with my Innokin sticker is a Jyarz container)
Go show the jyarz thread some love!

Rizevape153

Lol thank you. Your reply made me feel a little better about complaining but it's not really a chip as much as what looks like a small cut mark? It's not real deep but sharp to the touch. To be clear though they did offer me a replacement . However it was when I told them I was uncomfortable with shipping back due to where I live that I guess prompted the rude reply? :shrug:

Last edited:
Rizevape153,
Reactions: OF

ilikechinesefood

Kitty Meowmein
Lol thank you. Your reply made me feel a little better about complaining

Alot of people will make you feel bad because noone rewards the guy who makes things complicated. I always hate little cracks like that tho. Gets me paranoid but usually theyre fine. I check to see if they go all the way through or if they are in a place where alot of heat will be generated/ come in contact with smoke. Most of the time you can determine how severe it is that way. But still being sharp it could chip if caught the wrong way. If it was one of my lhs id be trying to haggle the price.

When i used to do spoons id chuck them just cuz they would have a tendancy to break at the defects. But that was just for fun..

Last edited:
ilikechinesefood,

OF

I'm guessing this might be what you mean, admitting I didn't yet go to Arizer site to see the 3 sizes they offer, my bad. However I think this is what he wants...... ask Randy aka @PuffItUp .

Yep, but I think he wants to buy just the stem......

The plastic on top of one of the glass stems, is it removable? And how do i clean the stems??

You can unscrew the caps. I wash mine out when scraping it out doesn't get it clean enough any more

Thanx OF, yes it works but I'm not upset as much as just bummed... Was I wrong? For me I just felt it was different enough to say something. My dissatisfaction ultimately ended up coming from the customer service not the stem its self.

Glad to hear you're OK with it. That's the important part.

For sure CS guys can have bad days like anyone else, it's not good IMO when that spills over. No, I don't think you're wrong at all for expressing your honest (experience based) opinion, any more than anyone else? Keep it honest (as I think you have) and be ready to 'back up' your thinking (as again you've done) and IMO that's what Forums are for in the end.

Please continue to express your opinions and views, they are IMO well held and respectful and therefore contribute greatly to the cause here.

Thanks.

OF

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Seeing as vape cases are being uploaded I will share mine, as I was helped by a member on here as to what case / size to go for, and well, another may be helped by this :)

This is the same type of eGo vape cases as the poster above has shown you guys, except I went for the medium version. For me this is great for a 'day out' case, as its nice and compact. Pocketable in a jacket. And stores just enough (for me) for a day. The vape itself, one capped stem, one mini doob tube for extra herb, the sharp metal tool, and a little baggie for ABV.

I paid a little over the odds compared to what people in the US said they got them for. I paid around £8 including P&P. Still a great price for a case of reasonable quality that im sure will last a decent amount of time.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I also just got my PVHES stem in. There is also a small chip in mine as well. I wouldnt care at all except that its right at the top and i can feel it on my lips... Waited 2 weeks for delivery in the NE USA after paying for expedited shipping so im in no hurry to ship it back, but im also in no hurry to order from PV again either personally.

My stem does have the logo, says PVHES and says turbo on it too. The etching looks excellent. Just a hair under 5"

I tried it out and it functions great so thats a plus!

WoodVillain,

Justpassedu

I also just got my PVHES stem in. There is also a small chip in mine as well. I wouldnt care at all except that its right at the top and i can feel it on my lips... Waited 2 weeks for delivery in the NE USA after paying for expedited shipping so im in no hurry to ship it back, but im also in no hurry to order from PV again either personally.

My stem does have the logo, says PVHES and says turbo on it too.

Mine has a slight chip also. i contacted PV about it two weeks ago with no response and i never got my bag of chips with my order also lol thats not really a complaint but more of a joke. Hopefully they get back to me as i sent them another email and like the stem so much i dont mind paying the shipping or even partial for the stem if they can get me a new one. I do have a question for some members here that have and use the PVHE's : ( I'm sure Carol King can Help ) I only own the vortex and 18mm gong from them but i am wondering how they compare to there other stems for the air such as the shorty and turbo's ? What are the differences ? Thanks

Justpassedu,

ilikechinesefood

Kitty Meowmein
i never got my bag of chips with my order also . I only own the vortex and 18mm gong from them but i am wondering how they compare to there other stems for the air such as the shorty and turbo's Thanks

Ok its official. No chips, no dip... Or something that means im done with it lol. Funny now theyre only giving glass 'chips'. Lol:rofl:but srsly that sucks.:huh:

But as for a member who ownes them, i do not. But it is my undestanding that the ones you own are some of the better if not best preforming pieces.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
^^ I guess they felt chips in the glass would make up for the lack of chips in the box - bad attempt at a joke.

I got the ketchup chips.... Cool little extra but they were pretty disgusting chips LMAO i still think PV is cool for including them though.

I would still be in for the vortex but id hate to once again pay them more for shipping than arizer and get a slower shipping speed just to gamble on the chance it may or may not have chips in the stem... They can keep the chips from the box LOL

What i have works fine, unless someone in the forum here lists a vortex for sale i think ill go without.

ilikechinesefood

Kitty Meowmein
^^ I guess they felt chips in the glass would make up for the lack of chips in the box - bad attempt at a joke.

I got the ketchup chips.... Cool little extra but they were pretty disgusting chips LMAO i still think PV is cool for including them though.

I would still be in for the vortex but id hate to once again pay them more for shipping than arizer and get a slower shipping speed just to gamble on the chance it may or may not have chips in the stem... They can keep the chips from the box LOL

What i have works fine, unless someone in the forum here lists a vortex for sale i think ill go without.

Lol i love bad jokes... I was gonna like your post about recieving a chip but i realized that it prob shouldnt be a thing to 'like' lol.

But yeah originally around feb 3-4th i was gonna get the air with the exxtra battery plus a gong and vortex but being an idiot i waited so i wouldnt be broke.

Now im looking at around 30 or so extra for a legit battery and to be done with all these inconvieniences, which has been the majority of my complaints. Its gotten to where im really close to just forgeting about pv altogether and buy like 2-300 in equipment i need and do some bad ass shit myself... Sucks being broke.

Last edited:

Rizevape153

^^^ I would be your first customer. IMHO ( and I know many would disagree) I don't completely buy the whole "out of stock" thing. Not all the time. Yes they are in high demand but PV also knows this as well as the fact that they have no real competition for their stems. Again IMHO I believe what they are doing is controlling how flooded the market gets. Which as a business does have its positives such as controlling the supply and demand ratio to maximize profits over a longer period of time. Which is their right. It also means that ppl will be willing to pay more (which some have already voiced here) as well as the ability to raise prices (which we have already seen with the vortex). Unfortunately for us it also means they are able to go a little cheaper on customer service and quality control knowing many will look past certain imperfections because of the extra effort involved in obtaining these items to begin with. Which some have already voiced here and is their right. Some are fine with this and some are not which is also their right. And once again this is just my personal opinion and attempt (maybe a bad one) at calling it how I see it from my personal perspective and experience with the company.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^ I would be your first customer. IMHO ( and I know many would disagree) I don't completely buy the whole "out of stock" thing. Not all the time. Yes they are in high demand but PV also knows this as well as the fact that they have no real competition for their stems. Again IMHO I believe what they are doing is controlling how flooded the market gets. Which as a business does have its positives such as controlling the supply and demand ratio to maximize profits over a longer period of time. Which is their right. It also means that ppl will be willing to pay more (which some have already voiced here) as well as the ability to raise prices (which we have already seen with the vortex). Unfortunately for us it also means they are able to go a little cheaper on customer service and quality control knowing many will look past certain imperfections because of the extra effort involved in obtaining these items to begin with. Which some have already voiced here and is their right. Some are fine with this and some are not which is also their right. And once again this is just my personal opinion and attempt (maybe a bad one) at calling it how I see it from my personal perspective and experience with the company.

I hope I'm not stepping out of line here given my new status, but I talked to them about it and got a much better, more believable story that goes like this. Demand is high for a hand made specialty item that no one makes except PV, which took the time to find some blowers who could do it (not the easiest thing to do, as I have been looking for someone locally to do this as well to no avail). But the demand is much higher than these glass blowers can handle. That's not so unusual, so I asked why bother marketing a product you have a hard time obtaining if a portion of the market sees it as being shady. The answer was great...because their customers want it and they want to take care of them. The demand is so high, in fact, that a back order system for it would get ridiculous so the decision was made to just make them available when they come in and they are out when they are out.

When demand exceeds supply people get pissed. If you want to test their explanation, try to get one made for yourself and see how it goes. That's what I did and it made me very appreciative of the products they are bringing to market.

thesoloman

you lucky bastard! catchup chips are so good!

ilikechinesefood

Kitty Meowmein
^^^ I would be your first customer. IMHO ( and I know many would disagree) I don't completely buy the whole "out of stock" thing. Not all the time. Yes they are in high demand but PV also knows this

I would love to and thats awesome and much appreciated, but you gotta have money to make money, plus alot of people apparently already have my idea.... Id need an air plus a while to work out the routein so it would be worthwhile which prob wont be availiable to me since ive been pretty busy. i sure hope to, sadly it wouldnt be soon at all or on such a large scale. I guess its almost equivalent to opening your own buisness. Cant quit my day job yet lol. Which i mostly moved to because my area is full of sleezy illiterate imigrants who only buy chinese crap. Bought a bowl one time and fucking had the paint come off on my fingers.... After using it for awhile.... Still have it and am waiting for a day when im super pissed so i can go yell at them and not feel bad lolol. So i sold most of my stuff when i no longer needed it as much. Alot of it comes down to being worthwhile. And tbh it prob wont be once i start really trying to figure it out.

I do love creating novelty heady stuff. But yeah supply and demand. They are certainly taking advantage of it, otherwise theyde be far more involved and attentive for one.

Last edited:
ilikechinesefood,

g14production

My air just got delivered, charging it up now. I'm excited to finally try this bad boy out. Has anyone possibly found a glass threaded cap that could replace the plastic cap on the factory stem? Any suggestions on extra stems, or an adapter to fit it into a glass water pipe?

On the topic of running it through a water pipe, how does it alter the flavor?

Justpassedu

My air just got delivered, charging it up now. I'm excited to finally try this bad boy out. Has anyone possibly found a glass threaded cap that could replace the plastic cap on the factory stem? Any suggestions on extra stems, or an adapter to fit it into a glass water pipe?

On the topic of running it through a water pipe, how does it alter the flavor?
Congrats man your gonna lover the Air. No there is not a aftermarket cap option yet out there. They do sell all glass stems though with no cap at all that you may like. Suggestions would be the Stems for the Arizer Solo , Planet vape and joda glass works here on the forum. Water pipes def make your hits smoother but it works well without 1 also.

Rizevape153

Well if you did you could always contact PV about a partnership, apparently they have been looking for glass blowers for YEARS!!!!:rofl: Lol I'm jk. Seriously jk. I dont doubt they are hard to find just smells fishy Imo. Who really knows? Sounds about on par with what I would expect them to say either way... no? All I'm saying is marketing tactics or not I just wish I had more options.:cry:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
First of all, there is a PlanetVape thread and if you have comments or complaints about their products or service, that is where you should be posting. Under our rules, PV can't just post in a product thread to defend the company, so the direction this thread has taken is unfair. Incidentally, if you read that thread you'll find that PV has a stellar reputation for customer service.

Second, in addition to everything sticks said, you should know that PV doesn't make a huge profit on the Solo/Air stems, quite the opposite. I know this from talking to them, but think about it: they're commissioned from glass artists who would have to be turning them out for peanuts in order for PV to make serious money.

Further comments along this line will be moved.

Hi-Life

Hey guys just bought an Arizer Air off ebay for $169. What are the chances it will be fake? Also I got a silver one but suddenly wish I got a black one boohoooo :-(

Hi-Life,
Top Bottom