• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
So what's the best way to vape concentrates out of these things?

I used to wrap a bit of shatter or wax in a bit of rolling paper or cotton or just sandwiched between some bud then vape it upside down to prevent any possible leakage.

Is that still the best way to do it? Have they come up with stems specifically for concentrates?
I believe that’s still the best way to do it

rorycalhoun

No, the 'battery' (it's really a cell, since there's only one.....) from Air II is an approved upgrade (about 50% more 'run time'). You can buy it from Arizer (of course) or from other suppliers. You want Panasonic NCR18650B ('accept no substitutes', that exact maker and part number). Be careful of where you buy it, there are counterfeits (of course). IMR is a well respected Dealer, I've used them before and recommend them:
https://www.imrbatteries.com/panasonic-ncr18650b-18650-3350mah-flat-top-battery/

Again, this is the only (?) approved substitute and is used in Air II.

Regards to all.

OF

Hey, just wanted to check that this IS the appropriate battery for the Air. They warn you that this is not to be used in vaporizers but I'm guessing that's just the lawyers at work.

I'd buy the one from Arizer but they want $40 (with shipping).
Thanks

OF

They warn you that this is not to be used in vaporizers but I'm guessing that's just the lawyers at work.

Not only theirs, but basically everyone in the business. THERE ARE NO 'LEGITIMATE' 18650s for sale to end users like us. None. Even, technically, the ones from Arizer. There are only four makers in the real world that make premium 18650s (Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG), none market to individual end users. Only go guys making battery packs for cars, power tools and so on. Things with protective circuits built into them.

When your vape catches fire, they don't want to know you. Or your flashlight.

This also means 'everyone' has to buy from a secondary marketer, not straight from the maker. Counterfeits can slip into even the best sources. So stick with 'known good' sources?

OF

rorycalhoun

Not only theirs, but basically everyone in the business. THERE ARE NO 'LEGITIMATE' 18650s for sale to end users like us. None. Even, technically, the ones from Arizer. There are only four makers in the real world that make premium 18650s (Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG), none market to individual end users. Only go guys making battery packs for cars, power tools and so on. Things with protective circuits built into them.

This also means 'everyone' has to buy from a secondary marketer, not straight from the maker. Counterfeits can slip into even the best sources. So stick with 'known good' sources?

OF
Thanks, ordering today.

The High Cyde

Hey guys, long time no see haha
I've decided to get an Air 2, the GonG adapter, and the black bubbler all over puffitup.
Wondering if you guys and gals know of any coupon codes I could use for my purchase?
It would be greatly appreciated!
Also, wondering if I should just bypass the GonG adapter + the scope bubbler and instead get the long filtration stem.

Last edited:
The High Cyde,

The High Cyde

That's a bummer, but thanks for helping, it's much appreciated =)

Must say, the Solo 2 has been having my eye too, I've had both the OG Solo and the OG Air, and they are such great products. Really can't say enough about them. I'm having a hard time deciding. The Air is stealthier but the Solo was just a tank.

Another vape I'm looking at is the Pax 3, the stealthiest of the bunch, and I know it's an amazing product, though I've never owned any of their stuff. One aspect that really interests me is that it can use concentrates really well.

Just FYI, I plan to primarily vape right before sleeping, in my bed most likely haha but I would appreciate it if I can take it out on a stroll or what have you.

The High Cyde

Caved and bought an Air II from PuffitUp!

Probably spent more than I would like, but hey *shrug

Bought:
Black Air II (came with the short and long black mouthpiece and the black Trees grinder)
Black PuffitUpT ightVac VitaVac
14mm airflow GonG
The Scope Bubbler, also black haha

Everything blacked out! :cool:

Haven't regularly vaped for a couple years, maybe 3, but seeing as my company doesn't drug test, and like half my department are potheads (including my boss lmao) I'm excited haha

LabPong

Caved and bought an Air II from PuffitUp!

Probably spent more than I would like, but hey *shrug
Good thing you got a WPA....only way to fly with arizers. No need for the "air flow" stem stuff now...Air2 has much less draw restriction compared to past design. So in the future....I would stick to the stock stems with no cut outs. Also many of the cut out stems are thinner glass and break easy I found. I only but the stock ones from Arizer now.

paddysc

Air and Dynavap user here. I just started using my vape at work again and would like to be able to go outside when everyone else goes for a smoke and vape a little. Unfortunately the vapcap isn't discreet enough and draws too much attention when someone hasn't seen it before. The air seems like the obvious solution but I find the glass stems are so easily broken. Does anyone know a UK retailer or manufacturer that can provide wooden stems? I know there are US manufacturers but id like to avoid shipping and import taxes if possible!

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Air and Dynavap user here. I just started using my vape at work again and would like to be able to go outside when everyone else goes for a smoke and vape a little. Unfortunately the vapcap isn't discreet enough and draws too much attention when someone hasn't seen it before. The air seems like the obvious solution but I find the glass stems are so easily broken. Does anyone know a UK retailer or manufacturer that can provide wooden stems? I know there are US manufacturers but id like to avoid shipping and import taxes if possible!
Do you not have to worry about the smell?

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado

The High Cyde

After using my Air 2 for a bit, I must say the airflow resistance is very, very much improved over the OG Air that I had.

But I'm having trouble deciding what Temps I should vape myou bud at. What are your guys routine?

I usually just keep the temp at around 385 to 390, and over 400 when I'm using my water tool.

OF

After using my Air 2 for a bit, I must say the airflow resistance is very, very much improved over the OG Air that I had.

But I'm having trouble deciding what Temps I should vape myou bud at. What are your guys routine?

I usually just keep the temp at around 385 to 390, and over 400 when I'm using my water tool.

Me too, 390F is my 'default'.

Not that it doesn't apply equally here (or on either Solo I or II threads) but if this is really about Air II shouldn't it be on that thread?
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-air-ii.25187/

OF

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
If anyone here has been lurking or needs an Air backup, Arizer has a sale on going on their website. Buy any Arizer vaporizer and get a Silver Air free. I picked up a backup/gift Solo for $124 + the Air. That's a helluva deal.

I've been using my Solo for out and about, but the Air will be much more discrete, and from what I've read just about as functional as the Solo. I can suck a bowling ball through a garden hose so the draw restriction doesn't bother me a bit.

Cheers FCers

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Yeah, great deals on ARIZER stuff right now, for sure.

Dang good prices on PuffItUp.Com, also.

Free Air on arizer.com is hard to beat.. I already have an Air , original issue, as many here may remember.

Would LUV an air 2, but, alas, I don't have the funds right now to take advantage of this awesome sale.

Is there a separate Air 2 thread, or is this the place to discuss it ? (Haven't read thru all the posts I've missed yet, will do so now.)

Vape on !

LabPong

If anyone here has been lurking or needs an Air backup, Arizer has a sale on going on their website.

I needed a back up Air......could not stand it....pulled the trigger and got to new air 1.5's .....to use like this...

dualAirs.jpg

Using an Air2 and Air now......so I will be nice to have an even bowl extraction with 2 new Airs.

Yeah, great deals on ARIZER stuff right now, for sure.

Dang good prices on PuffItUp.Com, also.

Free Air on arizer.com is hard to beat.. I already have an Air , original issue, as many here may remember.

Would LUV an air 2, but, alas, I don't have the funds right now to take advantage of this awesome sale.

Is there a separate Air 2 thread, or is this the place to discuss it ? (Haven't read thru all the posts I've missed yet, will do so now.)

Vape on !

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-air-ii.25187/page-33#post-1338120

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High

OF

I thought Arizer was high priced on their batteries so I went to the open market. This is what I found.
Batteries I bought from Arizer fit snugly almost airtight into my Air (I).
The aftermarket batteries had different diameters (in the same purchase order). I also noticed the girth of the after-market batteries seemed correlate to their staying power.
The skinnier (after-market) batteries did not have the staying power of the batteries Arizer sent me.
I'm thinking Arizer accepts no culls when they purchase their batteries.

I recently bought an AirII and two extra batteries.
The extra batteries on the Air II were just like the batteries for the Air (I), in that their girth just barely allowed them into the battery chamber.

Based on the quality of the after-market batteries I got, I think it may be worthwhile to buy your batteries from Arizer.
I've also noticed that if you're buying Arizer batteries the cheapest venue seems to be Arizer themselves even though some places sell the Air units cheaper than Arizer.

Also fresh batteries are essential for your Air.
Chuck your rechargeables when you notice they don't heat up as quickly as they did when the batteries were new. Extended/rapid blinking prior to a solid light is usually a good indicator that your battery is failing.

LabPong

Based on the quality of the after-market batteries I got, I think it may be worthwhile to buy your batteries from Arizer.

No need to over pay...the authentic stock batteries are available from several sellers.

I get the stock Panasonic battery's for my airs and argos at the same place I get my LG H2's from.

Usually about $6 each from IMR BATTERIES

OF

The aftermarket batteries had different diameters (in the same purchase order). I also noticed the girth of the after-market batteries seemed correlate to their staying power.
The skinnier (after-market) batteries did not have the staying power of the batteries Arizer sent me.
I'm thinking Arizer accepts no culls when they purchase their batteries.

Interesting observation, and clearly a problem WRT consistency. There's also a theory that heavier 18650s perform better, not sure about that one since I've weighed a lot of similar cells and not found it so.

For sure Arizer is going to seek out the best 'battery' (it's really technically a cell) for the application. The NCR18650B from Panasonic is the current hands down winner as LP suggests. They will also take as much care as possible to get the highest quality version. There are a LOT of counterfeit and 'rewraps' out there, even top suppliers get them from time to time because there are only four makers of top end 18650s in the world, NONE OF WHICH SELL DIRECTLY TO THIS MARKET. All the ones we or Arizer can buy come from 'gray market' sources, Panasonic, LG, Sony, and Samsung (the only real makers) only sell to those building battery packs with necessary protections.

There's a fellow named 'Battery Mooch' or similar who does a lot of work (testing, rating, investigating) on this topic, those interested should either stick with 'the factory battery (that exact Panasonic) or at least consult his information. That cell, NRC18650B offers the longest possible run time available today.......or Arizer would probably change to what's better?

Regards to all.

OF

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Usually about $6 each from IMR BATTERIES
I got my after-market batteries from IMR.
They were not as good as the batteries Arizer sells despite the fact that they are generically identical in all superficial characteristics, except in some cases the IMR's were smaller in girth or diameter.
My IMR batteries even came with a purple sheath so you could make them look identical to the batteries Arizer sells.

The point of my post is that Arizer batteries are not seconds or culls or underweight, IMR, I'm not sure, but prima facie evidence indicates some of their batteries are not equal.

My experience informs me Arizer is laying specs down for the batteries they'll accept from a vendor.
And IMR does not seem as picky.

However this is all subjective on my part (other than the physical differences in the girth of the respective batteries) your results may vary.

Top Bottom