• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Anyone know where they sell attachments for dabs?

I saw one that looks like a vile with a straw attached to it.

I'd rather not sandwich a dab in herb and risk getting my plate gunked up
Folks sandwich herb and wax with the Solo all the time. I've sandwiched herb and wax with the Air also. The herb absorbs the access oil. It's very easily cleaned up afterwards while still warm. Not messy at all. You can also use wax wrapped in cotton.

The Air is a versatile little vape that can be used different ways.

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
Folks sandwich herb and wax with the Solo all the time. I've sandwiched herb and wax with the Air also. The herb absorbs the access oil. It's very easily cleaned up afterwards while still warm. Not messy at all. You can also use wax wrapped in cotton.

The Air is a versatile little vape that can be used different ways.

I might make something like this if I can find any glass parts to repurpose

MeditativeMind,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The @Sinclue screens are absolutely awesome. I can't say enough about them, they are perfect for the Air or the Solo. It didn't work in the Vortex stem, it takes something smaller.

I ended up with 20. I thought it didn't take my order, so I reordered. Then it came a couple of days later. That's OK, I'm sure they will be used.

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Got a specific techniques for shapeing screens or any tips?

I believe Staten Island @al bundy pretty much has the technique. Using a flat screen slightly larger then 13mm (1/2") will allow for shaping a curved (dome) screen/filter. A pencil eraser, or a tiny wooden dowel used to shape. Fait accompli. Done deal.

While others use them differently, I, too, like @Skeena, use them as filters.

One flat: Sandwiched spliff: Then domed.

This keeps the herb intact while transporting, as well ( using LB battery caps over the stem end also works for capping pre-loads, if you have a MFLB lying around ).

Just my preference. not trying to cut down on the load size. Or the thriving global market.

As others have pointed out, there are pre-shaped screens available on-line. Just like to use my screen puncher, makes me :tup:.

HSIHP

I think I remember seeing a link for a USB charger in this thread but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know if one exists?

HSIHP,

Mangos

Hey guys thinking of getting an Air as a backup unit for my Crafty. How efficient the Air is with herb ? In the sense of amount of herb needed to get decent results . A review for the Air I saw states that the chamber can hold .2 grams of dry herb , could you still get a couple of tokes off half of that ? Or does it need to be full for decent clouds ? Would like a back up vape that is just as efficient if not more so with no learning curve. This seems like an affordable reliable choice. Thanks for any advice given.

Mangos,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
@steama and @CarolKing thanks once again. Guess if I'd been sharper I'd have bought up the whole lot and made an FC killing :dog:

IMG_0516_2_zpsuzf9gwym.jpg

Vapin' By The Side of the Bay

olivianewtonjohn

Hey guys thinking of getting an Air as a backup unit for my Crafty. How efficient the Air is with herb ? In the sense of amount of herb needed to get decent results . A review for the Air I saw states that the chamber can hold .2 grams of dry herb , could you still get a couple of tokes off half of that ? Or does it need to be full for decent clouds ? Would like a back up vape that is just as efficient if not more so with no learning curve. This seems like an affordable reliable choice. Thanks for any advice given.
Affordable, reliable, and easy to use. Id say it would make a great backup.

And yes you can use it with very small amounts, one of the things I love. I have used as low as 30-40mg with the solo and I dont see why that wouldnt apply here as well

MeditativeMind

My first time using it I put in less than 0.2 and it lasted for two sessions. The first session was on level 2 and 3, and the second session was on level 3 and 4.

g14production

Hi Guys & Gals, before asking this question I tried to do a bit of searching and couldn't find a solid answer. But I have two extra 18650 LiFePO4 batteries and a charger(From a VG Volta), battery specs are listed below. Would these work in my new Arizer Air without damaging it? Thank you!

1300mAH
Max charging voltage: 3.6V
Max charging current: 1.3A
Standard charge currrent: 650mA
Discharge cutoff voltage: 2.0V (do not discharge below 2.0V)
Max continuous discharge current: 10A
Max pulse discharge current: 20A
Diameter: 18mm

g14production,

MeditativeMind

Specs of Arizer Air battery -

BAK B18650CC (IMR)
Rated capacity:
2250mAh (2.75V)
measured at 2A to 3V: 2047mAh
Chemistry: NMC Li (NiMnCo)
Protection PCB: No
Positive pole: Flat Top
Charge current: 2.25A
Discharge current: 6A
Charge voltage: 4.20V
Discharge voltage: 2.75V
Diameter: 18.1mm
Length: 64.9mm

g14production

Could you possibly explain why so that I can have a better understanding? I promise I'm not trying to be difficult. I was under the impression that the 10A vs 6A discharge and cutoff voltage of 2.0v vs 2.75v meant the Volta's 18650 battery would work and actually provide better performance and/or battery life since I thought the Air Battery would stop functioning when it reached 3.0v inside of the device anyways and would never have a chance to even reach down to the 2.0v

But since it seems that I likely can't use my current 18650's I'll have to pick up some new ones that are compatible, was their a verdict on what the best aftermarket battery was for the Air?

g14production,

UnshavenFish

Lots of 18650 battery's will work in the air, i have lots from torches, lasers and e-cigs/boxmods that i could use but i choose to use the OEM battery's as i find them similar in price (UK) as i would pay for a good quality alternative also in line with warranty...one of the problems with aftermarket battery's can be fakes.

One of the problems i could see is that the OEM battery at full charge is 4.20 volts so higher i think than your LiFePO4

Others have done more in-depth testing and I'm sure when they are here they can go into more detail

And i wouldn't read you as being difficult...just eager to play with a new toy...all of us have been there hope you enjoy you air as much as all here

g14production

Thanks, I thought the chemistry had to do more with what was charging the battery as opposed to what device the battery was being used in.

Is their a cheaper place with US Shipping to buy OEM Batteries? After Shipping Centizens batteries are about the same cost as the ones directly from Arizer.

Seems like I should definitely pick up a Nitecore i4 charger though.

g14production,

UnshavenFish

Nitecore are good chargers IMO, i have i2, d2 and d4 (shows voltage) and have had consistent results although there are faster chargers out there i have a xtar vp2 (faster charge options) which again IMO is another good one.

Fastest would be a hobby charger but thats a bit overkill really.
There are lots of in-depth reviews on most of the torch sites for these chargers that you might find useful

olivianewtonjohn

My efest V4 works great as well (1A and even 2A capabilities but I stick to 1A). Only $22, posted a few pages back. Xtar vp2 I almost bought, looks like a nice charger as well :tup:. I like charging in the unit, but if the air gets alot of use and I run multiple batteries down thats when the external charger comes in handy.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: steama

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
I think I remember seeing a link for a USB charger in this thread but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know if one exists?

The charger is the the same as a PSP connector. Look online for a USB PSP Charing cable. Just confirm the length of the exposed metal pin + yellow plastic tip is around 12 MM and you will be fine :)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi Guys & Gals, before asking this question I tried to do a bit of searching and couldn't find a solid answer. But I have two extra 18650 LiFePO4 batteries and a charger(From a VG Volta), battery specs are listed below. Would these work in my new Arizer Air without damaging it? Thank you!

1300mAH
Max charging voltage: 3.6V
Max charging current: 1.3A
Standard charge currrent: 650mA
Discharge cutoff voltage: 2.0V (do not discharge below 2.0V)
Max continuous discharge current: 10A
Max pulse discharge current: 20A
Diameter: 18mm

Don't use your Volta batteries in anything but the Volta. Never mind chemistry and voltages, the overwhelming reason is that the Volta battery is stripped of its protective cover. The whole battery is a negative pole rather than just the bottom, and if anything conductive contacts the side of the battery and the positive pole the result will be a rapid discharge with a lot of heat and a potential fire. Always keep the cap on your Volta batteries except when charging or in use.

MeditativeMind

These BAK B18650CC batteries won't vent as easily and 99% chance they won't catch fire or explode. They've been thoroughly tested in the most extreme conditions.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it just to save a few bucks. Get the battery from Arizer.

EDIT:
Anyone know where I can get a skin and/or battery with free shipping (to Canada)

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
alltoreup,

MeditativeMind

Top Bottom