• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings everyone...I brought out my Angus to spark it up this morning...again, the smell of a mild burnt rubber smell pops out. I have used it enough to have done a burn off by now. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? I am worried because it does not seem normal so...I shut it off. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I might just have a bad unit and need another. I need advice. Thank you.

Dr. G,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

seedy53

Greetings everyone...I brought out my Angus to spark it up this morning...again, the smell of a mild burnt rubber smell pops out. I have used it enough to have done a burn off by now. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? I am worried because it does not seem normal so...I shut it off. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I might just have a bad unit and need another. I need advice. Thank you.
clean again with iso 91% or more then try doing 10 burnouts empty, 5min each on max heat and see if that works

leanpubpackage

The smell is likely from the viton o ring that’s in the bowl. This is my least favorite thing about the angus because it does impart some flavor

Dr. G

Old Resident
Ok...thank you both for answering. I will do the 10 burns and I will clean again with ISO....also, do I leave the oring? I don't touch that right? Can it come out and the problem gets solved? Anyway, I will do the ten burns and see how it goes. Thank you kindly ....appreciate it.

seedy53

Ok...thank you both for answering. I will do the 10 burns and I will clean again with ISO....also, do I leave the oring? I don't touch that right? Can it come out and the problem gets solved? Anyway, I will do the ten burns and see how it goes. Thank you kindly ....appreciate it.
let us know out come. leave oring too

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

You could try using a glass stem, anything with 14 mm male will fit at least as a mouthpiece bypassing the o-ring, though you will still fill the steel chamber (unless you want to load a tiny amount in the 14 mm male joint) I'm not sure if anyone is selling a more proper fitting glass stem yet, but some dynavap stems were fitting like the O'Connell old stubby WPA so possibly there are others

Dr. G

Old Resident
You could try using a glass stem, anything with 14 mm male will fit at least as a mouthpiece bypassing the o-ring, though you will still fill the steel chamber (unless you want to load a tiny amount in the 14 mm male joint) I'm not sure if anyone is selling a more proper fitting glass stem yet, but some dynavap stems were fitting like the O'Connell old stubby WPA so possibly there are others
I actually picked one glass stem when Angus came out...from Rogue Wax Works. I think he still has them for sale...the only thing is that it does not stay stiff. Poor choice of words...it does not stay. Its a bit wobbly. I will use that again. I tried it but, did not like the wobbly feel. But, I am going to try all of this soon tonight. Thank you very much.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey guys, few questions what exact bulb does the Angus take? And has anyone tried out the 1.5 ruby upgrade? Is it worth voiding the warranty for?
I could be wrong, but I don't think we ever got that bulb question answered. I believe only one person did the ruby upgrade:
Ruuuuuuby, ruuuby Tuesday!

I'm not certain but I think that's Bings doing the ruby mod for Grover.

seedy53

I could be wrong, but I don't think we ever got that bulb question answered. I believe only one person did the ruby upgrade:

I'm not certain but I think that's Bings doing the ruby mod for Grover.
Bing will do the Angus v1.5 ruby upgrade for anyone who will pay for the upgrade. that's what i understood, i could be wrong though. soothingvapours.ca

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Hey guys, indeed, I do the conversions for Soothing Vapours. I've done over 30 of them now, so there's a fair few out there at this point; in Canada, some in the USA, one way over in Wales! We sell brand new Angus that are converted, as well as having the option to send yours in for conversion. We also do bulb replacements and occassionally temp sensor repairs.

Also, bulb type is as follows: Philips GY6.35 50W 12V

seedy53

Hey guys, indeed, I do the conversions for Soothing Vapours. I've done over 30 of them now, so there's a fair few out there at this point; in Canada, some in the USA, one way over in Wales! We sell brand new Angus that are converted, as well as having the option to send yours in for conversion. We also do bulb replacements and occassionally temp sensor repairs.

you know i want the best for you and think your upgrade is a fantastic and needed upgrade. Lee proved it on his Tabletop Bong YouTube site.
your current 420 deal, it almost made me use my stretched out credit card. when i have enough money i'll order one, but the shipping to usa is another expense for me and others.
Bing, i did not mean to speak for you, i did not know you were still monitoring this sub.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
you know i want the best for you and think your upgrade is a fantastic and needed upgrade. Lee proved it on his Tabletop Bong YouTube site.
your current 420 deal, it almost made me use my stretched out credit card. when i have enough money i'll order one, but the shipping to usa is another expense for me and others.
Bing, i did not mean to speak for you, i did not know you were still monitoring this sub.

I appreciate the kind words and no apologies necessary, I only saw this cause @Grass Yes pinged me by quoting my former post, which I also appreciate. I'm just the technical servicing guy, Grover is in charge of all shipping and sales, but he always does his best to accomodate those in locations outside of Canada, though I definitely understand the shipping cost woes; I've ordered from the US a lot lately and its adding up. 🤣

vapeaveli420

Can I send you mine from the UK? I have emailed soothing vapes but haven’t heard back.

Grover

Retailer
Can I send you mine from the UK? I have emailed soothing vapes but haven’t heard back.
Sorry, I haven't seen an email from you yet but we've been having some issues with the webstore email...my IT dude is on it. Please send me a PM and I'll give you a good address and we can chat. Sending used vapes through international borders can be a bit 'interesting', though.

Yes!!
Shoe on other foot feels good :lol:🇨🇦
Our flat rate shipping to the USA is $11 USD...I guarantee you that it is a LOT more expensive for the poor Canuckleheads ordering vape gear from the States.

Goatts

My 'burnt rubber' smell and taste while using the OG cooling unit came from the silicone gasket inside the cooling unit, right under the swivel mouthpiece. No amount of iso or soapy water washes would get rid of it. Burn offs almost seemed to make the problem worse ffs. The fix came by popping out the offending silicone piece and placing it on a sunny windowsill for 5 days, flipping it over occasionally. Rinsed it off, reassembled and fired up the unit. Problem solved! I can normally taste minute impurities in the vapour path and the OG cooling unit was now providing a clean draw. Sweet Sunshine!

Dr. G

Old Resident
My 'burnt rubber' smell and taste while using the OG cooling unit came from the silicone gasket inside the cooling unit, right under the swivel mouthpiece. No amount of iso or soapy water washes would get rid of it. Burn offs almost seemed to make the problem worse ffs. The fix came by popping out the offending silicone piece and placing it on a sunny windowsill for 5 days, flipping it over occasionally. Rinsed it off, reassembled and fired up the unit. Problem solved! I can normally taste minute impurities in the vapour path and the OG cooling unit was now providing a clean draw. Sweet Sunshine!
My son tried all sorts of things...its a shame. I like the way it looks. I never really had the chance with it. But, I will let him know what you did and try it. Thank you for the advice. I will wait for a part two on this vape if your suggestion does not work. Cheers everyone. I would love to give halogen a chance...never tried it really.

Goatts

My son tried all sorts of things...its a shame. I like the way it looks. I never really had the chance with it. But, I will let him know what you did and try it. Thank you for the advice. I will wait for a part two on this vape if your suggestion does not work. Cheers everyone. I would love to give halogen a chance...never tried it really.
Do you have a cooling unit with a plastic mounting post for the screen or an all metal round centre screen assembly? The OG units had plastic posts and those silicone gaskets in the early units had some nasty off-gassing issues. I had one. I knew it was that because when I used the unit with the WPA the offending smell and taste wasn't present so I knew it had to come from the cooling unit. The next models with the upgraded metal post cooling units had silicone gaskets that didn't seem to off-gas nearly as bad but no doubt would still benefit from the UV treatment on a windowsill. Outdoors in the sun speeds things up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom