The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Tab

Nerd
Sadly, this vape is getting very hot when you draw from a water pipe, mostly when drawing in a raw a few times. That`s why I don`t like to go over 3 (200 degrees Celsius) with the heating settings and don`t want to wait for the 5-minute auto shutdown feature...

Last edited:
i've been reading some problems with stock metal cu Angus overheating and said to be to hot to touch or hold over at reditt r/vaporents. Has anybody had or have the problem?
the metal cooling unit does get a bit hot to touch, yes, , but I have no problem with it.
Firstly, it is not necessary to touch it for more than the whisp of a second when removing the metal barrel thingy from the rest of the CU, also for unscrewing the metal barrel thingy's head you can use the included tweezer.
Secondly, it's just a bit hot, after some minutes it's okay and I haven't gotten in a scenario where I had to hurry removing the CU, so imo it's non-issue. And the peek plastic does its job, no damage whatsoever from the CU.

PS: Regarding the bulb issue my angus apparently has (from some posts above):
I contacted the european retailer and got a post stamp to send it to them, they'll send it to mike who will repair it or give a replacement. Maybe that would have been the regular way and I could have known it from the start, pls excuse my post then.

DavidVape

Owner, VapeWidgets.com
Retailer
There seems to be some confusion about the product so I wanted to post the most recent tear down of the product for everyone.

angus-portable-convection-vaporizer-yllvape-41546353869092.jpg

angus-portable-convection-vaporizer-yllvape-41651477053732.webp

DavidVape

Owner, VapeWidgets.com
Retailer
Additionally, the unit is intended to get hot and can sometimes reach temperatures as high as 120f or about 50c on the outside, if your unit is getting hotter it may have a faulty thermostat and you should reach out to your retailer. I have noticed the brand, and type of battery makes a HUGE difference with the product, I have bought amazon batteries, vape store batteries, and batteries the manufacturer recommends. Any kind of non standard battery I have tried has caused the device get very hot or sometimes not even function correctly. It is very important that you seek the highest quality batteries for this device. We recommend the following: https://liionwholesale.com/products...flat-top-18650-battery-authorized-distributor .

Zow237

My angus unfortunately broke after being used everyday for several months. The light just stopped turning on and heating up. i will turn it on select temp and it will cycle like it’s doing something. Then the led will be stuck in the bottom right corner temp setting and I have to take the batteries out to reset it. :(

DavidVape

Owner, VapeWidgets.com
Retailer
My angus unfortunately broke after being used everyday for several months. The light just stopped turning on and heating up. i will turn it on select temp and it will cycle like it’s doing something. Then the led will be stuck in the bottom right corner temp setting and I have to take the batteries out to reset it. :(
You may be able to send it back to your original retailer and get it repaired/replaced!

DavidVape

Owner, VapeWidgets.com
Retailer
After reading a ton of the pages of this forum it seems as though there may be some questions for YLLVAPE, I have a direct line of communication with the guys at YLLVAPE so if anyone has any questions I will gladly relay them!

Last edited by a moderator:

nils

Hello
I don't know if you have the same problem, but mine goes out after a few seconds when I switch it on.
I have to restart it
it often happens twice in a row
Then it works fine after

nils,

Maschine

I don't know if you have the same problem, but mine goes out after a few seconds when I switch it on.
I had the same issue maybe twice and several times that the light got stuck in the right corner but only with a distinct pair of batteries.
Since I use Samsung batteries and a no name pair bought at the local head shop I had not a single problem!

After reading a ton of the pages of this forum it seems as though there may be some questions for YLLVAPE, I have a direct line of communication with the guys at YLLVAPE so if anyone has any questions I will gladly relay them!
If not to late now, could you please ask whether this issue with the light stuck in the right corner is a known issue and indicates something special or is it just a general indicator for failure?

Maschine

My Angus stopped heating yesterday evening :o I can turn on my device and select temperature but the bulb is not working no matter what.
The device was cold and unused for hours. Turned on the Angus, saw the battery is low thus changed em and everything was fine except the bulb is not working. No fall, drop or (wrong) cleaning before.
Was using it mostly at 180°C doing two sessions in a row or going at 210°C for a single/two hit extraction.
I tried four other batteries and recharged the pair low on power but still the same problem.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My Angus stopped heating yesterday evening :o I can turn on my device and select temperature but the bulb is not working no matter what.
The device was cold and unused for hours. Turned on the Angus, saw the battery is low thus changed em and everything was fine except the bulb is not working. No fall, drop or (wrong) cleaning before.
Was using it mostly at 180°C doing two sessions in a row or going at 210°C for a single/two hit extraction.
I tried four other batteries and recharged the pair low on power but still the same problem.
It could simply be a bad bulb. If you bought it less than a year ago you can definitely get it fixed under warranty. I'd reach out to the place where you bought it and they should get you fixed up. That sucks for you of course, but let us know how it goes!

Maschine

It could simply be a bad bulb. If you bought it less than a year ago you can definitely get it fixed under warranty. I'd reach out to the place where you bought it and they should get you fixed up. That sucks for you of course, but let us know how it goes!
I hope it is just the bulp, will do this next week and report. Loved the Angus so much!
The problem is I only got the angus cause I got a warranty case with the vape before. My local shop told me I have to choose a new one. Now the same issue. Oh and I only bought the boundles before because the cheap pen vape I bought before that stopped heating and was a warranty case twice:rofl:I think this super cool relationship I managed to build with my local head shop over the past 10 - 15 years is going to end soon
:doh:

Zow237

Alright so after getting in touch with Mike from yllvape, he sent me an updated unit. The units light didn’t turn on upon arrival. I reached back out to Mike sent him a video of it not working. He sent me a message quickly saying that his team thinks the bulb broke in transit. So he would send me a tool to open the angus and a bulb. On top of that he sent me another unit. This is my 4th unit as the first 2 didn’t make it. I replaced the bulb on the other one and it works. I couldn’t be happier with the customer service tbh. I’m hoping the updated unit works longer. But Atleast I know I can just replace the bulb e z p z

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Alright so after getting in touch with Mike from yllvape, he sent me an updated unit. The units light didn’t turn on upon arrival. I reached back out to Mike sent him a video of it not working. He sent me a message quickly saying that his team thinks the bulb broke in transit. So he would send me a tool to open the angus and a bulb. On top of that he sent me another unit. This is my 4th unit as the first 2 didn’t make it. I replaced the bulb on the other one and it works. I couldn’t be happier with the customer service tbh. I’m hoping the updated unit works longer. But Atleast I know I can just replace the bulb e z p z
Wow! That's some excellent customer service and so me terrible luck (or quality control).

You were able to replace the bulb without having to unsolder the charging wires? What was the tool he sent you?

seedy53

It was just a t5 hex bit and a bulb. It was super easy it has a slot for the prongs to go in and out manually
hope you did not touch the bulb with your un-gloved hands.
your hand oil can cause hot spot on the glass outcome: could break the bulb or shorten it's life

seedy53,
Top Bottom