The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
No we will not give out our blue prints please and thanks stop asking we have enough here with the current teat down photos. Starting to sound like someone might wanna rip this off?? Paranoia paranoia cha cha cha :lmao:
Lol I don't want blueprints or proprietary info. I just want to know where the solder joints are relative to the air/vapor path.

I never expected it from YLL, but I had thought that they might want to include the relevant part of the photos.

I expect someone will actually tear it down soon, just like all the other threads. I don't expect YLL to do anything, but I don't see any reason to assume they are playing straight if they remove all the wires, PCB, sensors, and other solder points out of the "tear down".

I am excited that most of you are enjoying this vape. It seems great. I understand that a lot of you got a great deal and early access. But I don't see why these questions are beyond the pale.

someTooL

There is a large black o-ring around the bottom of the cooling unit that comes out, otherwise there are tiny black o-rings that hold the glass stem in the mouthpiece (one of them popped out when I pulled out my glass stem for initial cleaning, very tricky to get back in, I think maybe it's okay now but I don't want to pull it out to verify lol)
Well. Going to tear mine down again as no o-ring was present anywhere I could see.

Edit: Found it. It’s stretched around the inner CU that pops out. I was looking at the middle plastic piece lol.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Here are a few pics I took:

This is my current set up - no water needed. Big clouds on levels 2 and above
8-D4-CE0-A9-18-B7-4011-B888-20-BA114-F0196.jpg

Here is the WPA in male position and in female position:
BBB15-B0-F-3811-4667-A663-F7-AF081-C2-B00.jpg

One nitpick-y thing that I don’t think anyone else has mentioned yet:
It annoys me that the temp levels go in counter-clockwise order. I keep thinking I am on lower levels when I am really on higher ones.
I am sure I will get used to this in time, but feels unintuitive to me. Anyone else getting mixed up, or just me?

Well. Going to tear mine down again as no o-ring was present anywhere I could see.
There is also an o-ring on the white peak oven - on the outside (in between battery tops).

Edit: I reported myself for the double post. Oopsie!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Honestly, as I said earlier, at this point I am surprised any manufacturer would choose to engage with FC after treatment like this. (...) I am embarrassed for the FC community.

You must not be around for very long if you think this vape gets any kind of particular treatment. We've always been gutting vapes and exposing their flaws. Asian mass-produced or North American hand-crafted, it's the same, they get equal treatment.

Most of us vape because it's healthier, no wonder then that health safety considerations have always been foremost.

I've beta-tested so many vapes with questionable design choices, seen my fair share of horrors inside. I also know from experience that a lot of users don't detect some smells (be it robot farts or that bloody food grade silicone that stinks to high heavens) when it's overwhelming and off-putting for me.

PossumMD

Does anyone's else's unit make a sort of mechanical gurgling noise when you draw on it? Even when device is switched off. Like there is something fluttering around and causing resistance of some sort.

Worried I have something set incorrectly somewhere when I re-assembled it.
Is it like a clicking noise? If so, could be pulse width modulation.

RAG

This is a great start, but I am wondering specifically about the PCB, thermosensor, wires and other electronics. Can you please include these in your photo? Separate photos of those is fine.

I appreciate your help with this. I assume we will get other members opening theirs too as this is sure to be a popular new vape. Having this honest info straight from the maker is always a great sign.
Exactly what we were asking about a few posts back. Believe @YLLVAPE OFFICAL would post a more specific pic over the weekend if the previous pic wasnt what he was talking about.

Couldnt agree more, this openness is what leads to trust in the brand.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's such a shame. Does it taste diluted? Or is it more that it doesn't make the flavors blossom? Or something else, if even specifiable at all at this point.

Yeah I'd say something else, be it silicone or something else, inside the unit, similar to some other session style devices I have... It's like that classic flavor in a new vape, that is covering the herbs natural flavors, even more noticeable after the first hit or two, once the herbal terps fade there is nothing to fight the bad taste, you know what I mean?

RedZep

Yeah I'd say something else, be it silicone or something else, inside the unit, similar to some other session style devices I have... It's like that classic flavor in a new vape, that is covering the herbs natural flavors, even more noticeable after the first hit or two, once the herbal terps fade there is nothing to fight the bad taste, you know what I mean?
For me it's just not as good as TM2.

I'm a teahead. I'll use an analogy here. With Chinese teas you can make them in a teapot in a longer infusion (western style) or do a gong fu ceremony where you use a much smaller vessel and much shorter infusions.

TM2 is like gong fu. You are getting a more concentrated shot like dose of terps at a very specific temp point. Angus is like teapot, in that it feels like a less concentrated longer snap shot.

Angus is very nice flavour for me. And it doesn't turn to bad flavour. Still tastes nice at max temp. But for the flavour chasers like @Shit Snacks I think it's not going to hit that perfect concentrated spot.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Toward the Creative Nothing
YES! I know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so right.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Stop believing that shit fo real gang...just live in it!!:myday:
Take out the chamber screen, then try for flavor improvement :tup:replace with a light mesh mighty screen or such. It'll take the temp down a bit and save the flava

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah I think I understand what you mean. The new vape flavor can be a real party pooper. My v3p with the plastic mp on put me off flavor wise, and the silicone in my MV wpa kit as well. (I was surprised the piece in the Angus cu doesn't bother me.) So yeah could be you're sensitive to some of that than I am. I hope it'll balance out. If it's apparent with wpa attached as well it is likely it is coming from the unit. Perhaps a few more burn offs can help, with some Air Forced through the air intake.

vandalizedbythelotus

to everyone mentioning silicone taste, i'm thinking since the angus is fresh off the production line, it's possible to take a while for the silicone to fully cure and dissipate any smells/flavors. had the same with the v3p, don't remember how long it took (possibly a week?) but now it's completely free of unwanted aromas.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I tried drawing air through the cu unattached to the device and with a hard draw I tasted some silicone. With the tweezers it was pretty easy to open but wpa is nicer or some sort of stem mod. Maybe see if I can find a workshop here where they do small jobs like opening up that wpa and maybe cutting off the 10mm part.

My angus is fine flavor wise. But I have found that if you cover the air intake completely, there's not much extra resistance added. How is that other air getting in to the airpath?
Mine doesn't have this (wpa config). Seals off completely.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I tried drawing air through the cu unattached to the device and with a hard draw I tasted some silicone. With the tweezers it was pretty easy to open but wpa is nicer or some sort of stem mod. Maybe see if I can find a workshop here where they do small jobs like opening up that wpa and maybe cutting off the 10mm part.

Mine doesn't have this (wpa config). Seals off completely.
Tried again. It mostly sealed off but not all the way like yours. Did my drop mess something up in there you think?🥲

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Tried again. It mostly sealed off but not all the way like yours. Did my drop mess something up in there you think?🥲

Maybe but then there would still hhave To be air coming in from outside the device, annd from how tight it is put together that shouldn't be too noticeable I think. Otherwise it might be in the wpa or its connection to the device?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

SinfulRoad

Air does leak in from the stainless steel ball swivel on the mouth piece of the cooling unit, had to reseat the silicone in the cooling unit. Also the o ring from the herb chamber that seats onto the cooling unit needs to be thicker, air gets in that way too if you seal off the air intake.

Goatts

Pull out the punched double screen thats attached on the underside of the main steel one, and replace it with a regular mesh screen. Doing that opened up restriction a bunch on my CU. Same with the wpa.. that little punched screen sucks, or rather, prevents it from sucking. 🤣
On my WPA I took out the punched screen and didn't replace it. I put a little degummed hemp fibre in the screen cavity to filter any scoobies. Also balled the 10/14/18 cavity with a few 3/4/5 mm rubies. Airflow is excellent and cooling has improved a bit. I like it when the cooling balls get seasoned after several sessions, adds to the complexity of the flavour profile imo. The flavour enhancement only improves with time. It's also a good way to make average herb come alive with flavour (seemingly). No screen also seems to help reduce ABV sticking to the screen chamber. Would be good to have two WPAs - an unballed one, all fresh and clean for those new primo strains and a second balled WPA for enhanced flavour experiences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom