The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

RedZep

Mine has a unique sound to it, I think it is the sound of the turbulent airflow but I don’t hear anything physically moving around like loose balls or anything
So I tried removing the clear silicone insert in the CU. It was still making the noise.

The CU makes the noise even when not connected to the device.

I tried putting the WPA on, and just drawing on it like it was a MP and no noises made. Resistance is massively improved also. Vapour was shockingly comfortable doing this.

If only some of us have this weird sounding CU, then it could be a fault. As I get really poor clouds with my CU compared with WPA. There is so much resistance that is caused by whatever the hell is making that noise.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
There is so much resistance that is caused by whatever the hell is making that noise.
Pull out the punched double screen thats attached on the underside of the main steel one, and replace it with a regular mesh screen. Doing that opened up restriction a bunch on my CU. Same with the wpa.. that little punched screen sucks, or rather, prevents it from sucking. 🤣

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Pull out the punched double screen thats attached on the underside of the main steel one, and replace it with a regular mesh screen. Doing that opened up restriction a bunch on my CU. Same with the wpa.. that little punched screen sucks, or rather, prevents it from sucking. 🤣

How did you get it out though? I would like to replace the big steel metal thing with plain mesh screen though too ideally... Shame I don't have any tools that I know of to mod mine or even if I have the right drill / bit I wouldn't trust myself and without a vice lol

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
How did you get it out though? I would like to replace the big steel metal thing with plain mesh screen though too ideally... Shame I don't have any tools that I know of to mod mine or even if I have the right drill / bit I wouldn't trust myself and without a vice lol
I just pushed it out with a needle through the larger holes. Its just clipped in with tiny metal tabs.

BingsBuddery,

someTooL

Apologies if answered previously.

Where are the replacement black rubber o-rings used? I didn’t see any on my cleaning tear down.

someTooL,

cliffhanger1

I tried putting the WPA on, and just drawing on it like it was a MP and no noises made. Resistance is massively improved also. Vapour was shockingly comfortable doing this.
Is the vapor not to hot when using the WPA as a moutpiece ?

cliffhanger1,

Shit Snacks

Yeah, more force was the answer, had to leave the steel part on a table so I could push the screen out... Had a bowl of my nicest most flavorful herbs, coarse ground to account for the holes, with WPA and that same purple vigreux cooler, all at the lowest setting with just a little boost at the end before turning it off to keep puffing until vapor and heat fully cleared... Unfortunately I'm definitely not getting any of the pure flavor I've seen mentioned here yet though

Apologies if answered previously.

Where are the replacement black rubber o-rings used? I didn’t see any on my cleaning tear down.

There is a large black o-ring around the bottom of the cooling unit that comes out, otherwise there are tiny black o-rings that hold the glass stem in the mouthpiece (one of them popped out when I pulled out my glass stem for initial cleaning, very tricky to get back in, I think maybe it's okay now but I don't want to pull it out to verify lol)

Is the vapor not to hot when using the WPA as a moutpiece ?

I think he was just testing the airflow sounds without running it, I believe the vapor would be absolutely too hot with just the WPA, the metal of the WPA itself would get too hot on the lips I imagine as well, but yeah with the amount and density of the vapor even on low, it will need something to smooth it out

Shit Snacks

Weirdly not. No coughing. The metal gets hot near the end on max temp.

Not sure why it's comfortable at high heat with nothing to cool the vapour. Maybe it's a trait of halogen :shrug:

Others should experiment with it.

Wow I'm impressed you can do that native! Yeah this is noticeably pure convection with the halogen and glass beads, despite all the metal and significant radiant heat, can be harsher for me with the back-to-back hitting to avoid waste although quicker recovery than session conduction hybrid counterparts

RedZep

Wow I'm impressed you can do that native! Yeah this is noticeably pure convection with the halogen and glass beads, despite all the metal and significant radiant heat
I have no idea what's going on. Getting good clouds as well. I should be coughing my guts up. Zero lung irritation.

Maybe it's how much air the unit pulls up through the intake. Even when you puff out big clouds, you can tell the cloud has a lot of air in it. Gives it a puffy feel.

Sort of like doing the mouth to lung vaping technique, where you pull in fresh oxygen with each puff to the lung.

Shit Snacks

I have no idea what's going on. Getting good clouds as well. I should be coughing my guts up. Zero lung irritation.

Maybe it's how much air the unit pulls up through the intake. Even when you puff out big clouds, you can tell the cloud has a lot of air in it. Gives it a puffy feel.

Sort of like doing the mouth to lung vaping technique, where you pull in fresh oxygen with each puff to the lung.

Oh maybe with littler puffs I could do it too...

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
I removed that goofy second screen, put some beads in the wpa screen space, and have been using it like that on a j-hook... I definitely like to finish in the mid-range though. Upper temps get coughy, but thats true of most vapes for me.

Shit Snacks

I removed that goofy second screen, put some beads in the wpa screen space, and have been using it like that on a j-hook... I definitely like to finish in the mid-range though. Upper temps get coughy, but thats true of most vapes for me.

That is an interesting idea actually may try it!

Oh you maybe misunderstand. I'm doing long pulls.

I referenced the mouth to lung technique as a possible explanation of no irritation. In that the Argus vapour is always laced with plenty of oxygen, unless you blocked the intake.

Oh okay I totally did misunderstand haha that's what I like to do too, long draw deep inhale though even with my cooling stem it can be coughing with all the back-to-back dense hits, just the WPA I don't know for me

RedZep

That is an interesting idea actually may try it!

Oh okay I totally did misunderstand haha that's what I like to do too, long draw deep inhale though even with my cooling stem it can be coughing with all the back-to-back dense hits, just the WPA I don't know for me
Making me think something is not quite right with mine :rofl:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Unfortunately I'm definitely not getting any of the pure flavor I've seen mentioned here yet though
That's such a shame. Does it taste diluted? Or is it more that it doesn't make the flavors blossom? Or something else, if even specifiable at all at this point.
I definitely like to finish in the mid-range though. Upper temps get coughy, but thats true of most vapes for me.
Yeah with the cu attached I went up to 3 and then maybe a hit at 4. With a water piece though I enjoy it at high temp through my hydro tube

Saw that ball mod as well, wanna try but gotta order from China so wi take some time..

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
This is a great start, but I am wondering specifically about the PCB, thermosensor, wires and other electronics. Can you please include these in your photo? Separate photos of those is fine.

I appreciate your help with this. I assume we will get other members opening theirs too as this is sure to be a popular new vape. Having this honest info straight from the maker is always a great sign.
No we will not give out our blue prints please and thanks stop asking we have enough here with the current tear down photos. Starting to sound like someone might wanna rip this off?? Paranoia paranoia cha cha cha :lmao:
Edit:
All jokes aside gang these are definitely some of the greatest performing stickers I've even vaped next to. :tup:I can't see, smell, taste, touch, and most importantly hear them!:nod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom