The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Dr. G

Old Resident
It really is the illvape? I think that would be a marketing error. Let's go with the Y sound Abele...

But, you know I think that George from Vapefiend called it like you...so, I think you are right. The logo is actually very nice. That would look great on a hat and merch...nice.

Last edited:
Dr. G,

Baboose1948

I've always wanted a mighty but the cost and general look of the thing has always turned me off. This Angus, despite the terrible name, looks promising. Seems as though alot of great questions are being asked here (nothing the manufacturer should have issues answering considering they made thing) related to the vape that are not intrusive in any shape form or fashion. After all, it's not like they are asking to look at their Financials. The more info given, the more inclined I am to buy one. Just sayin.

leanpubpackage

First Impressions: I am very impressed. It’s like a more tame and refined desktop ball vape experience. The vapor is smooth, fluffy, and as many others have said, flavorful. For a first vape device, I think YLL did a fantastic job and got 80% of what vape enthusiasts want, right.

My steps to get started: I took everything apart and soaked in ISO. While everything was apart, I replaced the punched screen in the CU and WPA with a mesh screen. I did 4 burn off sessions at max temp. There is definitely a robo fart smell (almost identical to the healthyrips devices) as I was doing burnoffs and through my first few bowls, but it eventually goes away.

Pros:
  • Value. I love how the unit came with a case, dosing capsules and an extra glass MP (things I would have purchased separately anyway). Given that it does not come with batteries, I think the WPA should have been included.
  • Great vapor through the CU. It’s not the most dense vapor, but the hits are very satisfying. The only way I would describe it is that it’s the same mouthfeel as if you were hitting a B0 dry through a J hook, but less overwhelming. I think it has the right amount of air restriction
  • The unit feels sturdy overall, but I have minor gripes about the smaller parts that I will mention in the cons list
  • The magnets are very strong and snaps on nicely. It’s a great loading and unloading experience
  • With the WPA through water and with enough preheat (2-3 mins) of the balls, the thing RIPS
Cons (nitpicky):
  • The battery door threads aren’t the smoothest and can be finicky since the battery is spring loaded. I worry about the longevity. It’s also tough to swap batteries out in between bowls (easier if you use the dosing caps)
  • The CU is tough to navigate and take apart and the plastic that the screen attaches to isn’t the sturdiest
  • The body, especially the metal ring gets pretty darn hot, but I guess it comes with the territory of a powerful session vape
  • With batteries, the device is heavy, and the wood is smooth and slippery. I am nervous that if I drop it, the plastic in the body will crack
Cheers

seedy53

First Impressions: I am very impressed. It’s like a more tame and refined desktop ball vape experience. The vapor is smooth, fluffy, and as many others have said, flavorful. For a first vape device, I think YLL did a fantastic job and got 80% of what vape enthusiasts want, right.

My steps to get started: I took everything apart and soaked in ISO. While everything was apart, I replaced the punched screen in the CU and WPA with a mesh screen. I did 4 burn off sessions at max temp. There is definitely a robo fart smell (almost identical to the healthyrips devices) as I was doing burnoffs and through my first few bowls, but it eventually goes away.

Pros:
  • Value. I love how the unit came with a case, dosing capsules and an extra glass MP (things I would have purchased separately anyway). Given that it does not come with batteries, I think the WPA should have been included.
  • Great vapor through the CU. It’s not the most dense vapor, but the hits are very satisfying. The only way I would describe it is that it’s the same mouthfeel as if you were hitting a B0 dry through a J hook, but less overwhelming. I think it has the right amount of air restriction
  • The unit feels sturdy overall, but I have minor gripes about the smaller parts that I will mention in the cons list
  • The magnets are very strong and snaps on nicely. It’s a great loading and unloading experience
  • With the WPA through water and with enough preheat (2-3 mins) of the balls, the thing RIPS
Cons (nitpicky):
  • The battery door threads aren’t the smoothest and can be finicky since the battery is spring loaded. I worry about the longevity. It’s also tough to swap batteries out in between bowls (easier if you use the dosing caps)
  • The CU is tough to navigate and take apart and the plastic that the screen attaches to isn’t the sturdiest
  • The body, especially the metal ring gets pretty darn hot, but I guess it comes with the territory of a powerful session vape
  • With batteries, the device is heavy, and the wood is smooth and slippery. I am nervous that if I drop it, the plastic in the body will crack
Cheers
now this report seems to be fleshed-out and is a good honest review. thanks

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
While the inside of my unit is still breaking in I suppose, I have tried the WPA more without the second screen and coarse grind, some different coolers, try starting off at level two instead of one and bumping up sooner, through water a little too, puffing on it back to back the hits are so big though and the vapor so dense that it was very harsh for me with a lot of violent coughing, session style with a heater like this just may not be for me at all feeling like I have to keep hitting it to avoid wasting anything lol and tough on the upper levels if the low were this bad, but I did take a little bit of puffing on the WPA without anything else and I can see it is usable that way I just don't think I could do long hits... I feel like a culprit for me is also the extra silicone of the chamber o-ring being in the vapor pathway heating up as part of the chamber almost with the load, unless I pushed half inch screen on top past the o-ring, but it was still in the pathway, and furthermore I think as I said before that the steel plate even on its own is a problem for me, the way the vapor condenses on there and is hitting it, I think that was also making it much harsher for me? I could get nice flavor on the first couple hits only then it would be gone and taste unpleasant though very thick strong vapor too harsh for me with so much of it!

And so I resolved to find a way for all glass pathway stem style, even if I had to use the steel chamber, because the stock mouthpiece and stock WPA I've realized are just going to be a non-starter for me with those metal pieces more than anything else at this point... Anyway 14 mm male can fit inside the o-ring as a mouthpiece if not a stem load:
So this was my best session yet, rimmed basket screen in the 14 mm male tip although a rimless screen inside might be better (you can see in the photos at the end some of the avb remained in the basket of course it got sucked up inhaling, so I'm obviously going to try a super microdose with it now too!) although it definitely still needs some breaking in as I can taste the insides after the herbal terps fade, but the flavor was nice at first and vapor smooth throughout level two and three (then boost at the end as I could tell it was nearly done, turned it off to keep hitting it until fully done)

Thumos

While the inside of my unit is still breaking in I suppose, I have tried the WPA more without the second screen and coarse grind, some different coolers, try starting off at level two instead of one and bumping up sooner, through water a little too, puffing on it back to back the hits are so big though and the vapor so dense that it was very harsh for me with a lot of violent coughing, session style with a heater like this just may not be for me at all feeling like I have to keep hitting it to avoid wasting anything lol and tough on the upper levels if the low were this bad, but I did take a little bit of puffing on the WPA without anything else and I can see it is usable that way I just don't think I could do long hits... I feel like a culprit for me is also the extra silicone of the chamber o-ring being in the vapor pathway heating up as part of the chamber almost with the load, unless I pushed half inch screen on top past the o-ring, but it was still in the pathway, and furthermore I think as I said before that the steel plate even on its own is a problem for me, the way the vapor condenses on there and is hitting it, I think that was also making it much harsher for me? I could get nice flavor on the first couple hits only then it would be gone and taste unpleasant though very thick strong vapor too harsh for me with so much of it!

And so I resolved to find a way for all glass pathway stem style, even if I had to use the steel chamber, because the stock mouthpiece and stock WPA I've realized are just going to be a non-starter for me with those metal pieces more than anything else at this point... Anyway 14 mm male can fit inside the o-ring as a mouthpiece if not a stem load:
So this was my best session yet, rimmed basket screen in the 14 mm male tip although a rimless screen inside might be better (you can see in the photos at the end some of the avb remained in the basket of course it got sucked up inhaling, so I'm obviously going to try a super microdose with it now too!) although it definitely still needs some breaking in as I can taste the insides after the herbal terps fade, but the flavor was nice at first and vapor smooth throughout level two and three (then boost at the end as I could tell it was nearly done, turned it off to keep hitting it until fully done)
Nice! I was getting cool hits using the WPA and 18mm j hook. After a couple days with it, the tastiness seems to be fading. Either 1) it needs a good cleaning or 2) I can't tell the difference between "robot fart" and some terpenes. I'll test hypothesis 1 before jumping to hypothesis 2 though. 🙂

Thumos

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Yeah I just think all the metal, the metal plate was adding harshness for me, while also stealing flavor and vapor from me?? More radiant conduction building in a session too
Hey SS try removing the camber screen and just drop a light mesh mighty type screen in there. Think about it, the halogen heats the balls, the balls are right under the thick screen plus there is metal holding the balls in too. It definitely takes a lot of the harshness away cause the bottom screen is a super hot plate when in there:tup:
Edit: it's a bitch to get out I had to dig mine and bend it but like I said under that is super strong metal holed plate holding the balls in so you can rip that fucker out without worry

Shit Snacks

Hey SS try removing the camber screen and just drop a light mesh mighty type screen in there. Think about it, the halogen heats the balls, the balls are right under the thick screen plus there is metal holding the balls in too. It definitely takes a lot of the harshness away cause the bottom screen is a super hot plate when in there:tup:
Edit: it's a bitch to get out I had to dig mine and bend it but like I said under that is super strong metal holed plate holding the balls in so you can rip that fucker out without worry

Oh good idea, didn't realize that "punched" screen is probably unnecessary as well, I'll try at a later time to dig that thing out haha what size mesh screen is that? I have a lot of half inch but that is just too small to stay in, I'm not sure I have the right screen exactly to fit in there securely already, I don't have any mighty screens though I do have a lot of random shit right lol still thinking of stems!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Oh good idea, didn't realize that "punched" screen is probably unnecessary as well, I'll try at a later time to dig that thing out haha what size mesh screen is that? I have a lot of half inch but that is just too small to stay in, I'm not sure I have the right screen exactly to fit in there securely already, I don't have any mighty screens though I do have a lot of random shit right lol still thinking of stems!
My mighty screen fell out a bit but stays in now?:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,
  • Wow
Reactions: Shit Snacks

seedy53

Yeah I just think all the metal, the metal plate was adding harshness for me, while also stealing flavor and vapor from me?? More radiant conduction building in a session too
yet we have Angus with a plastic top and bottom on main body-will crack and break one day, sooner than you think.
why not metal aluminum? Does a tinymight -2 have metal top and bottom?

Last edited:
seedy53,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I was literally just trying this with the tweezers but was afraid to fuck it up. What did you use to get yours out?
didn't realize that "punched" screen is probably unnecessary as well,
Oh you're talking removing the holed plate underneath the meshish screen as well?

what size mesh screen is that?

The screens GVB sent me with my TM stem would fit perfectly. So probably 12mm

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Does a tinymight -2 has metal top and bottom?
Yes, aluminum top and bottom. Both TM and TM2.

Afaik there is no plastic at all in the TM. (or actually: there might be something plastic in the usb-c connection? That shows you: little do i know...)
I do know they use paper baggies for spare o-rings and such. It says "Better for the earth" on the box i think... So they claim to be eco-friendly at least but then again: that is the shit nowadays and imho too many manufacturers/producers/companies use claims like that purely for marketing purposes. Gradually hollowing out the term "eco-friendly" to a meaningless claim...
A bit like putting a label that says "gluten and lactose free" on rice...

Anyhoo: top and metal bottom for sure! ;)

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Oh shit.. good call, I hadnt noticed that second one. Also curious how you got it out?

Last edited:
BingsBuddery,

Shit Snacks

yet we have Angus with a plastic top and bottom on main body-will crack and break one day, sooner than you think.
why not metal aluminum? Does a tinymight -2 have metal top and bottom?

Huh? As far as I know the plastic is extremely durable here, that's not really any concern I had expressed at all... I have misgivings about plastics in general for the mouthpiece stuff, but that's not even the source of my issues primarily... The bottom of the Angus feels very durable to me and helps it remain cool as well like the wood, the top metal parts get hotter with the session... Aluminum is sort of soft by the way but the TM talk is off topic?

I was literally just trying this with the tweezers but was afraid to fuck it up. What did you use to get yours out?

Oh you're talking removing the holed plate underneath the meshish screen as well?

No no, you see in the post above, we were talking about the screen at the bottom of the chamber (but also yes that holed plate in the mouthpiece sucks a lot imo as I was saying earlier I'm not sure if that's what you mean here?)

The screens GVB sent me with my TM stem would fit perfectly. So probably 12mm

Oh, those are half inch screens, a little larger than 12 mm, that fit his clear stems perfectly... Yeah that's what I put in the bottom of my Angus chamber, but it falls right out... Need something slightly larger to stay put by friction fit? Although it might not get past that o-ring in the chamber then...?

Last edited:

seedy53

Huh? As far as I know the plastic is extremely durable here, that's not really any concern I had expressed at all... I have misgivings about plastics in general for the mouthpiece stuff, but that's not even the source of my issues primarily... The bottom of the Angus feels very durable to me and helps it remain cool as well like the wood, the top metal parts get hotter with the session... Aluminum is sort of soft by the way but the TM talk is off topic?

No no, you see in the post above, we were talking about the screen at the bottom of the chamber (but also yes that holed plate in the mouthpiece sucks a lot imo as I was saying earlier I'm not sure if that's what you mean here?)

Oh, those are half inch screens, a little larger than 12 mm, that fit his clear stems perfectly... Yeah that's what I put in the bottom of my Angus chamber, but it falls right out... Need something slightly larger to stay put by friction fit? Although it might not get past that o-ring in the chamber...
You can see a piece break off top or plastic on this drop test. Watch at lease most to see the guy pick up piece(s) after the drop about 4 th drop

seedy53,
Reactions: Dr. G

Shit Snacks

You can see a piece break off top or plastic on this drop test. Watch at lease most to see the guy pick up piece(s) after the drop about 4 th drop

I think a lot of shit is going to break after several drops, I wouldn't really want to use something metal after that many drops either, internal shifting etc, the plastic is absorbing shock probably better than metal too, but regardless I don't plan to drop my shit like that... anyway I am only concerned if it is part of what I don't like about the flavor perhaps, but it feels pretty durable to me.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

No no, you see in the post above, we were talking about the screen at the bottom of the chamber
Aaah okay I thought you and shay meant that plate lol. So that's the thing that holds the balls in place then, right?

I Imagine if it had less metal surface in the screens and with a glass wpa that bypasses the oring it could make a great difference to those sensitive to flavor impact.

Top Bottom