The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Accessory Maker
Exactly, but I´m a bit on the fence here because it really depends on what's in the sticky stuff (not our herbs..) under the magnets. But this vape will be shelved up until I have all the details I asked the maker for. Not jeopardizing my lungs, already have enough issues with my asthma.
For the materials, our team spent much time , especially for the plastic. For the airpath and materials, please check out this
I will post pictures of internals here this weekend.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
So, if it's anything like this 9085 tape, it's listed as being aerospace applicable, and tolerant to temperatures of up to 550F. It is listed as having "low out-gassing properties." The Angus' maximum temperature potential is 478F (428F + 50F Boost).... that should be enough room for this to be an "okay" application for this tape, as it would be below the rated tolerance of the adhesive, no?

This comment was brought to you by "notascientist.com".

RAG

For the materials, our team spent much time , especially for the plastic. For the airpath and materials, please check out this
I will post pictures of internals here this weekend.
Awesome, this would be greatly appreciated by all of uf. Please also tell and show us where there is solder and what solder you're using and about the 3M Sticker what exact sticker is being used so we can verify the details. But would much rather these were set with a friction fit to completely eliminate the 3M sticker.

RAG,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Out of curiosity: does the vapor actually pass the parts where the magnets are? Don't have the device but on the pictures below it looks like the bowl/vapor path is seperated/closed off when closed?

Yeah that was the WPA (more direct save for the choke), also magnet is not visible here, I didn't take a photo inside, but if you look:
Screenshot-20221110-193844.png

The magnets are on the underside of the top right piece, which is inside the cooling unit, I think it presses against the plastic maze (also not visible here) in the piece in the bottom of photo above, which would be on top assembled, so the vapor might travel over the magnet a little, but not necessarily over the actual adhesive perhaps...?

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
The magnets are on the underside of the top right piece, which is inside the cooling unit, I think it presses against the plastic maze (also not visible here) in the bottom section in the photo above which would be on top,
Cheers for that!

It's not as simple as it looked i must admit. I should look into that CU i guess before making statements...
But for those that are worried the WPA is a safe solution for the mean time, right?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

vapor might travel over the magnet a little, but not necessarily over the actual adhesive perhaps...?
The main issue would be the heat creating off gassing which seeps into the vapor.
But for those that are worried the WPA is a safe solution for the mean time, right?
Yeah I'm sticking with that for now, I like it more anyway. Although seeing that work of @Unklmark68 makes me want a glass 18mm male. It has been pointed out that the versatility of multiple sized wpa, and in this case even reversible, also brings some drawbacks such as compatibility and the restricted vapor. A dedicated one that works with all my glass would be nice :)

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
So, if it's anything like this 9085 tape, it's listed as being aerospace applicable, and tolerant to temperatures of up to 550F. It is listed as having "low out-gassing properties." The Angus' maximum temperature potential is 478F (428F + 50F Boost).... that should be enough room for this to be an "okay" application for this tape, as it would be below the rated tolerance of the adhesive, no?

This comment was brought to you by "notascientist.com".

This is good to hear but from my standpoint, it's not so much the risk of out gassing that I am concerned about, it more the durability of the product.

I noticed in your link it states the following under the details section.

The 3M™ Ultra High Temperature Adhesive Transfer Tape 9085 offers higher peel strength than most other acrylic formulations and exceptional shear strength even at elevated temperatures. The high performance and low outgassing adhesive system provides heat resistance in high temperature environment, including 540 °F (280 °C) in the short term.

This product has excellent holding power, and its adhesion strength is significantly higher than typical pressure sensitive tapes. These adhesive transfer tapes are ideal for use in many industrial applications subjected to higher temperature environments.

First of all this sounds fairly encouraging, but without knowing whether the Angus uses this specific tape, its properties could be less resistant to heat than the aforementioned.

Also even if it is using this tape, it still states that it offers 'higher' peel strength than most other acrylic formulations... how much higher though?

Will the constant heating up and cooling down of the adhesive on the tape, over time, cause the magnetic to detatch from the tape? Is the adhesive more prone to peeling when attached to a smooth metal magnet?

It's a concern for me ATM, but I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it, that's for sure.

DadaBoo,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm much more concerned by the "food grade silicon" on the upstream part, and the "glass tube isolated from PCBA", because this whole part in the schematic raises red flags instantly to me. I'm pretty sure I would taste that like some others reported already.

You see these two right-pointing red arrows once the air exits the glass tube intake? That's wishful thinking. This part can't be air-tight since there are wires to/from bulb, cells and controls that need to reach the PCB. Air will expand in that place, and be vacuumed away when you draw.

Overall it's a highly integrated vape full of parts made from industrial processes I don't necessarily trust by default. Doesn't mean it's not done right, but we're far remote from artisan vapes.

RAG

I'm much more concerned by the "food grade silicon" on the upstream part, and the "glass tube isolated from PCBA", because this whole part in the schematic raises red flags instantly to me. I'm pretty sure I would taste that like some others reported already.

You see these two right-pointing red arrows once the air exits the glass tube intake? That's wishful thinking. This part can't be air-tight since there are wires to/from bulb, cells and controls that need to reach the PCB. Air will expand in that place, and be vacuumed away when you draw.

Overall it's a highly integrated vape full of parts made from industrial processes I don't necessarily trust by default. Doesn't mean it's not done right, but we're far remote from artisan vapes.
This is exactly why I wanted a teardown with explanations of materials (specifics) and where they're placed from @YLLVAPE OFFICAL so we can draw our conslusions after this :) I´ll give them the benefit of the doubt over the weekend ;)

Texus

I replied yesterday, no any glue on angus. I am not that stupid to use glue on herb vaporizer, but 3M sticker for magnets. One customer mistake that it uses glue, then all ppl think it has glue? Don’t get me wrong 😑

Honestly, as I said earlier, at this point I am surprised any manufacturer would choose to engage with FC after treatment like this. And you for some reason (xenophopic prejudice against Chinese builds?) you are the target of the worst of it with the incessant demands, innuendo and accusations. I mean show me one vape or manufacturer who has gotten so interrogated like this. Certainly not the US-based ones. I am sorry to see you and your product treated like this. This is no way for you to celebrate a successful launch.

I am embarrassed for the FC community.

RedZep

Honestly, as I said earlier, at this point I am surprised any manufacturer would choose to engage with FC after treatment like this. And you for some reason (xenophopic prejudice against Chinese builds?) you are the target of the worst of it with the incessant demands, innuendo and accusations. I mean show me one vape or manufacturer who has gotten so interrogated like this. Certainly not the US-based ones. I am sorry to see you and your product treated like this. This is no way for you to celebrate a successful launch.

Xenophobia? You honestly believe our safety concerns are subliminally due to hatred for the Chinese race? You ought to be on stage with that kind of mastery of the theatrically absurd.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member

I actually agree!
Critical questions are ok but there's a whole lot of scrutiny going on here. Maybe i missed it but i never saw (for example) the V3 pro being undressed to the very bone like this. But again: i might have missed it.
Anyhow: i respect the patience shown by @YLLVAPE OFFICAL during this waterboa.. i mean interrogation...

vandalizedbythelotus

AFAIK even dynavap is subjected to the same scrutiny. it's reasonable to want to be informed on what we are breathing in.

RedZep

AFAIK even dynavap is subjected to the same scrutiny.
Every vape is. I recall reading the minutia of the deconstruction of the TM build before I bought the TM2. Pages of people determining via criticism and questioning, whether the device had safety concerns.

Same with the Anvil I bought. The designer had to prove they were using a kind of copper that would not off gas at the usage temps.

The reason Argus concerns are ongoing, are due to the inherent complexity of the device. Look at the blueprint. Many more points of potential health concern simply because there are many components.

Someone found what appeared to be glue on their unit, that possibly could be vaped. So they brought it to our attention. What should they have done? Be quiet about it?

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
...I think we have the right to know all that is possible. It is our health at hand which is more important than anything else. This is a PUBLIC FORUM which allows this talk and different personalities. If FC is a tough audience then, good. Someone needs to be...I support Angus for their new launch. I bought one...congratulations. Now, its time to be really looked at...why not? I don't care where you are from...I want to know what I am using and I appreciate all those individuals who are taking this unit apart and looking inside. I appreciate that. I always wonder about it...the materials. Are they safe? Not just with the Angus...with ALL OF THEM! I just have one little gripe....ok, here it is. Why don't you include batteries?

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus

I am embarrassed for the FC
I already had cancer once. I'm not gonna risk it again for this vape so, for me, I gotta know what's going on in the airpath. So, to clarify, @YLLVAPE OFFICAL the solders are far from the airpath right? And what is the model number for your 3M stickers so we can look into it ourselves? It isn't that we don't trust you, we just like to see things with our own eyes here. Aside from these two concerns, this is my favorite vape at the moment for my use case

Dr. G

Old Resident
From what I've seen in the ecig world, shipping the device around the globe is usually the reason. Gotta jump through a bunch more hoops if the batteries are included.
...it is a slight inconvenience for some of us....or just me. I will deal with it. But, I have over 50 vapes and I do not remember buying a battery. Or rather two in this case. I now realize I read that they were not included. It is not a deal breaker it is just a tiny inconvenience. Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.

PossumMD

...it is a slight inconvenience for some of us....or just me. I will deal with it. But, I have over 50 vapes and I do not remember buying a battery. Or rather two in this case. I now realize I read that they were not included. It is not a deal breaker it is just a tiny inconvenience. Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.
I think most companies just don't declare it/use a more expensive shipping option. Cos it's a real mixed bag in my own experience. None of the Chinese ecigs I've bought had one, for what that's worth.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I think most companies just don't declare it/use a more expensive shipping option. Cos it's a real mixed bag in my own experience. None of the Chinese ecigs I've bought had one, for what that's worth.
Thank you for the information. I have no idea about this...I just learned something. Thanks.

Dr. G,
Reactions: 364F
Top Bottom