The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

jasp3r

Angus just landed. @VGOODIEZ thank you you for the lightning fast shipping! The build of the unit is definitely impressive and has really nice hand feel with the wood body. Finally won the grain lottery for once.

Once thing that I don't think I've heard in this thread and thought I would bring up is when cleaning all of the mouthpieces and dissembling the default cooling unit assembly, one of the internal magnets popped off and they were clearly glued on.

No matter where, but to have glue inside the supposedly isolated cooling unit is not appealing to me in the least. I just have 0 interest using the cooling unit, its to my understanding not even the mighty CU uses glue?

Completely unnecessary since those magnets should be friction fit..

Edit: now that I’ve tried it could someone please tell me what you did to get these flavor hits everyone is talking about? Been riding lowest temp and tried each loading style. Obviously with just wpa but not sure I would take this over a v3 or legacy pro in the taste department

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah it is early, but after a full clean, and three high temp burn-offs, flavor was awful for me as well at the lowest setting with WPA and female glass cooler... I bumped it up to the next setting up midway, and finished with a boost there, I guess it boosts while you're holding down and then drops back down to the set temp when you let go? Was hard for me to tell (tried testing it with one of the burn-offs first too) Anyway after shutting it off I kept puffing on it for a while with plenty of vapor, retains a lot of heat of course, dense thick vapor and extraction, but the flavor and vapor quality tasted like pure China session conduction style although the vapor was definitely lighter more comfortable being convection noticeably not as harsh as those other style of vapes I think...

Unfortunately the mouthpieces seem pretty poorly designed, the screens are a joke, the steel metal with the holes is covered in reclaim after the one bowl, the other screen behind it is not a good design either imo, and both together is terrible (in the chamber I put a half inch mesh screen to help keep it cleaner, unfortunately it is not exactly the right size either so it doesn't stay put when you empty the bowl upside down though the o-ring holds it in I guess) Yeah the stock mouthpiece with cooling unit is not appealing to me with all the plastic and exposed magnets along with the screens and way it comes apart, but the WPA has a little narrow choke point, so it can screw on in both directions? I get wanting to make one universal WPA, but it is so limiting this way, and the metal seem to fit okay in enough of my joints, although when it gets hot with the glass it fully fused together, I don't know I just think metal is not the best idea at all for a WPA though I understand why they would go that direction instead of silicone and or glass...

Batteries are easy to remove, the hatches don't take that many turns, they are spring-loaded though so it's a little tricky to get them going but not too bad, batteries will get warm if you let it sit at high temp, the whole thing can get warm, which as I said is not unexpected with the halogen and glass beads in the center this way... I don't think it's the best orientation generally, although it is comfortable to hold, since you don't have to press the button, you can hold it any which way, wood gets nice and warm.

The plastic feels secure, nice that it can sit standing upright, everything sealed up well, tiny little rough spot near where the wood connects to the middle on top, hardly noticeable, mass-produced wood is never going to be perfect but this is quite good considering... Metal parts are all well machined and feel high quality too. For the price, and the function, general build, definitely feels like a solid value overall!

We'll see with more time, if I can break it in for the flavors, just can't see wanting to use it as is, even as a utility play, I think I would reach for something else from China sooner honestly at least as of right now... Just first impressions, counterpoints from others it seems :\ :D

Last edited:

YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Accessory Maker
Angus just landed. @VGOODIEZ thank you you for the lightning fast shipping! The build of the unit is definitely impressive and has really nice hand feel with the wood body. Finally won the grain lottery for once.

Once thing that I don't think I've heard in this thread and thought I would bring up is when cleaning all of the mouthpieces and dissembling the default cooling unit assembly, one of the internal magnets popped off and they were clearly glued on.

No matter where, but to have glue inside the supposedly isolated cooling unit is not appealing to me in the least. I just have 0 interest using the cooling unit, its to my understanding not even the mighty CU uses glue?

Completely unnecessary since those magnets should be friction fit..

Edit: now that I’ve tried it could someone please tell me what you did to get these flavor hits everyone is talking about? Been riding lowest temp and tried each loading style. Obviously with just wpa but not sure I would take this over a v3 or legacy pro in the taste department
The angus does not have any glue, but 3M sticker. Glue is a big ❌

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
For those of you that aren’t familiar with doing burnoff’s before using for first time, here’s one way:

I tend to use AVB or CBD for burnoffs (no need to waste the precious stuff!), and fill oven.
I heat on high, and once to temp, I gently blow air through the bottom air holes for 10-15 seconds, rest and then repeat for rest of session. That way you don’t have to taste the stuff you are “burning“ off, and it’s fun to watch all the vapor go through the mouthpiece!

This definitely helped the flavor, but I can still taste remnants of silicone. I think the culprit is the silicon under the mouthpiece. Hopefully a few more sessions will tame it completely.

BL4ZE

You sure about that? Can grab the magnet also but don’t see a sticker. I would think any adhesive is no go. Hence why orings are used for every part in mighty cooling unit

Hmm interesting we'll have to see what is said. I was always under the impression that 3M adhesives were all some sort of glue but perhaps there's a product I'm unaware of.

On another note, I'm interested to see how this flavor thing pans out. Seems all the reviews and users before the production units rolled out were raving that the flavor was top notch. But we've got jasp3r and shit snacks both unimpressed thus far with the flavor.
I've still got to test my unit. Doing some burn-off's currently.

seedy53

New: 18650 Battery - the only one 40 amp continues amp discharge rate.
The P28A was the best at 2800mAh 35A battery.
The new P28B one, costs twice as much as the P28A Battery 40 amps is going to make The Angus sing "the milking song." lol

Epoch 18650 2800mAh 40A Battery (P28B)​

18650batterystoreDOTcom

someTooL

Had no robot fart (finally get to say that lol) taste whatsoever. Did the normal clean up no long soaks.

I’ll admit that I was concerned during burn offs, as a smell was present at the top of the oven. By the 3rd, it was not noticeable. Once I started my session, nothing to be noticed. I started on 2 and finished at 3 if that helps compare.

Grover

Retailer
New: 18650 Battery - the only one 40 amp continues amp discharge rate.
The P28A was the best at 2800mAh 35A battery.
The new P28B one, costs twice as much as the P28A Battery 40 amps is going to make The Angus sing "the milking song." lol

Epoch 18650 2800mAh 40A Battery (P28B)​

18650batterystoreDOTcom
Twice the price for 5 more amps? Makes me think: "Law of Diminishing Returns'.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I think the culprit is the silicon under the mouthpiece.

Yeah I had this a bit in the beginning, but after a few sessions it was no longer noticeable besides the occasional hint. Nowhere near as bad as my MiniVAP with wpa kit. But I have used my Angus mostly with peppery strains, especially when going for low temp flavor, and I can imagine that to my taste buds the peppery spectrum is less affected by the silicone flavor.

My robot fart smell is gone but now I'm worried about the cooling unit. Y'all 3rd party makers better hurry tf up haha
Yeah i am not gonna use it after seeing that photo

seedy53

how big is the bowel size? will it do well with small partial bowls? if you fill that bowl completely, burn a 5 min session, if you can't finish bowel alone, you'll burn up the remaining weed in bowel, because it takes awhile to cool-down, how many people have tried micro-dosing with it?. do post your experiences and comments, please.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

how big is the bowel size? will it do well with small partial bowls? if you fill that bowl completely, burn a 5 min session, if you can't finish bowel alone, you'll burn up the remaining weed in bowel, because it takes awhile to cool-down, how many people have tried micro-dosing with it?. do post your experiences and comments, please.
The bowl is quite large and it handles quite a range pretty well. For microdosing depends on how micro but .1 would be about my minimum to comfortably load, lower I'd add something for more densely packed bowl. It wouldn't be my choice for a microdoser since its session geared, but at higher temp you can clear the bowl quickly.

Starting at temp 1, moving through 2 and finishing at 3, is pretty spot on for me. Not sure what these cigarette smokers are on about, Angus has really good flavour at the lower temps.
🤣
Probably subjective?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Starting at temp 1, moving through 2 and finishing at 3, is pretty spot on for me. Not sure what these cigarette smokers are on about, Angus has really good flavour at the lower temps. 🤣
Wait are you saying that one of the most well-known flavor chasers on this site has killed their taste buds because they didn't like this vape on the first few hits?
Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Absolutely subjective, as some people have far more physical tastebuds than others. I'd still fully disagree with anyone saying its not better than average flavour, however.
I would expect it to have great flavor given that it is halogen heat and the many good reviews from early units. But I trust people who have used and reviewed my favorite vapes here for literally years. Anyway I suspect time will tell if their experience improves.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
I would expect it to have great flavor given that it is halogen heat and the many good reviews from early units. But I trust people who have used and reviewed my favorite vapes here for literally years. Anyway I suspect time will tell if their experience improves.
Thats totally fair, and no I wasnt taking shots at anyone. A poor attempt at humour if anything. I dont own as many vapes or have anywhere near the experience as some folks on the forum. Just speaking to my opinion and experience thus far.

Grover

Retailer
When we start denying the evidence of our own senses because other people don't agree (which is entirely their right) with what we're experiencing , I see a problem. The vast majority of reviews I see of this vape are overwhelmingly positive but constructive criticism is the driving force that makes all things better. This is a great vape.

seedy53

yeah, since i smoke alone, do to physical issues and i can't justify buying The Angus.
The Angus uses a fixed time session of 5 mins; therefore, if i shared bowls with one or 2 other people (other than myself) or if i was a big, heavy -ass, vapor chaser, Angus would be perfect for those situations.

seedy53,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
yeah, since i smoke alone, do to physical issues and i can't justify buying The Angus.
The Angus uses a fixed time session of 5 mins; therefore, if i shared bowls with one or 2 other people (other than myself) or if i was a big, heavy -ass, vapor chaser, Angus would be perfect for those situations.
What are your daily drivers now?

endof3d,

seedy53

What are your daily drivers now?
I studied hard on current dry herb vapor- devices for about a year, ended up with Xmax V3 Pro and then Airvape Legacy Pro plus water & dry glass gear. The ALP unit is preferred, by far.
i've used several units before my accident.
A ball vap was going to be next purchase but the Angus pulled my attention away from it.
going back to BV dreaming lol

Last edited:
seedy53,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom