The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

BL4ZE

Impressions after first use...
This was done with the wpa thru water

Alright, so I have a much lower tolerance then I use to, so I tend to pack small bowls no matter what vape I use. Typically, it's all of .1 maybe .2 max. So, I started out the Angus with about .1 placed in the bowl. I'm also a lower temp guy compared to some, so I never really go above 400. That said I started out at the first temp zone. Took a pull and got what I'd say is the typical low vapor first hit. Second pull I could feel I was getting more vapor and could see more on exhale.
I then sat back to let the effects set in. I'd have to say I'm more medicated off those two pulls then I'd be from doing two pulls through my Xmax which I've been using lately. So initially I'd say extraction seems good for a portable.

Taste - I don't want to comment on this since I haven't even finished the first "bowl"

I also think it's only fair if I give my vape history. I started vaping around 2010. I haven't owned near as many vapes as some on here. My list includes a Silver Surfer, MFLB, Cloud, Evo, Davinci IQ, more recently Xmax V3 and now the Angus. My main driver has been my Evo for a long time. Now days I'd say a on-demand vape fits my style more then a session vape. That said if it's something like an Evo where I can remove the bowl to prevent heating herb while not in use then that works. So you could say the Angus doesn't really fit my needs.
That said I bought it because I was wanting another portable and was intrigued by all the talk about the taste. I also wanted to get a portable that I could hand to someone else and there not be any kind of learning curve on how to get a good hit. I'll have to see how this pans out in the field.
I figure giving my background is good for others since if someone is new to vaping their experience and impressions may be different from mine. And even though I've been vaping over a decade there's others on here that have experienced way more vaporizers, so they have a wider experience pool to well pull from :)

Anyways I hope this gives some insight to others. Again, these are just initial thoughts/impressions.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
So I need a cooling unit that's just as effective as the stock one but no glue. Who's gonna fabricate it first ;)

It's also makes me a little worried about other "isolated" parts of the vape. I'd love it if some brave soul would do a tear down. I hope my suspicion is unwarranted

Edit: fabricate and sell

Thumos

A couple questions...

How important is it really to have married pairs of batteries? I mean, I have all kinds of devices that use multiple batteries (remote controls, flashlights, etc), and I've never had a problem.

Anyone else having heck removing the ABV? The bowl is so darn deep, I have to go looking for a dab tool or key or something to dig it out. It doesn't just dump out for me (and I'm scared to tap it too hard, lol). I'm spoiled by the integrated stir stick on my TM2--it really is handy.

Thumos,
Reactions: Photonic

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A couple questions...

How important is it really to have married pairs of batteries? I mean, I have all kinds of devices that use multiple batteries (remote controls, flashlights, etc), and I've never had a problem.

If you care about the life of the batteries and how well they perform, it's going to be more noticeable in a demanding device like this, unlike those, one cell will start to sag more than the other and they will not work to the best of their ability or longevity...

Anyone else having heck removing the ABV? The bowl is so darn deep, I have to go looking for a dab tool or key or something to dig it out. It doesn't just dump out for me (and I'm scared to tap it too hard, lol). I'm spoiled by the integrated stir stick on my TM2--it really is handy.

I am spoiled by all glass stem and injector bowl vapes lol

I recommend pulling out this little double screen dealio, and replacing it with regular mesh in the upper-inner section of the WPA. It relieves some restriction and doesn't clog nearly as fast.

Yeah I'm going to have to rig something up, I hate that choke point in the WPA too, and the metal on glass connections... Cannot figure out how to take apart the double screen thing itself?

Screenshot-20221110-193818.png

Several more burn-offs and it is tasting a little bit better for a second bowl on low:
PXL-20221111-032626533.jpg

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Yeah I'm going to have to rig something up, I hate that choke point in the WPA too, and the metal on glass connections... Cannot figure out how to take apart the double screen thing itself
Agreed with the choke point. I mean, I get how it'd be hard to go too much wider and maintain the reversability, but it looks like they could open up that narrow end diameter by a millimeter or two, which would allow for a slightly wider opening on the WPA itself.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
If someone made a wood adapter to put the top half of a mighty cooling unit on there, that would be neat.

A wooden friction fit bottom half of the cooling unit? 👀

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Angus owners who also have MiniVAP:
Can you please have just the Angus body and try a MiniVAP Flexicone module ( Screen basket plus rimmed screen plus Flexicone upper)….. does it fit the chamber?

I use this mod whenever possible.

If you got it , flaunt it……pictures please if Angus plus Flexicone.
This also functions as a direct WPA or glass J hook link, etc

MinnBobber,
Reactions: jasp3r

Goatts

Angus owners who also have MiniVAP:
Can you please have just the Angus body and try a MiniVAP Flexicone module ( Screen basket plus rimmed screen plus Flexicone upper)….. does it fit the chamber?

I use this mod whenever possible.

If you got it , flaunt it……pictures please if Angus plus Flexicone.
This also functions as a direct WPA or glass J hook link, etc
Nope, doesn't fit. I have both and just tried. MV basket is about 2mm too big in diameter to fit Angus chamber.

Goatts

Mine fits in it. The flexicone and mid sized basket from my minivap, you have to hold it on there, but the basket fits in the chamber:tup:
OK, I see what you're saying. You have to force the basket into the chamber and that compresses the basket walls enough to kinda fit. And yes you must hold the assembly in to get the gasket to seal on the Angus chamber. Not ideal. Wait... Mid sized baskets? I have only standard OG MV baskets. Those don't fit IMO
BTW - Your massive Angus Rippin videos convinced me to get one :clap::tup: Turns out I enjoy it more for casual low temp terp seshes. Keep those vids coming though, always fun!

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
OK, I see what you're saying. You have to force the basket into the chamber and that compresses the basket walls enough to kinda fit. And yes you must hold the assembly in to get the gasket to seal on the Angus chamber. Not ideal. Wait... Mid sized baskets? I have only standard OG MV baskets. Those don't fit IMO
BTW - Your massive Angus Rippin videos convinced me to get one :clap::tup: Turns out I enjoy it more for casual low temp terp seshes. Keep those vids coming though, always fun!
We must have different sized baskets I'll post tomorrow I'm at work now but it goes in without issue. Thanks for the kind words friend!:)

Goatts

You sure about that? Can grab the magnet also but don’t see a sticker. I would think any adhesive is no go. Hence why orings are used for every part in mighty cooling unit

My 2 piece MiniVap lid delaminated and MiniVap sent me a round 3M sticker to re-attach the lid. If you are familiar with MiniVap's high standards, this form of adhesion in this application should be just fine. My delaminated 'glue spot' looked similar to yours, didn't look like a sticker at all.

RedZep

So I need a cooling unit that's just as effective as the stock one but no glue. Who's gonna fabricate it first ;)

It's also makes me a little worried about other "isolated" parts of the vape. I'd love it if some brave soul would do a tear down. I hope my suspicion is unwarranted

Edit: fabricate and sell
Where is the glue used?

RedZep,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PXL-20221111-082502658.jpg

Still tryin' even with the stock mouthpiece now, two more loads different herbs, I put a half inch screen on top as well to try to keep a little cleaner less stuck to the top piece (worked but not working that well for practicality) though I can't say I am enjoying it too much yet, more breaking in perhaps? The top metal can get quite hot with the standard setup on level 3 and below so had to be careful removing the mouthpiece to empty the load, which is easy when hot at least... Button is working well for me though I wish led was colored instead of just location based for battery level and temp settings (batteries die in unit at about 2.95v /4.20v a little lower than I would prefer to go if I could track it well enough) Oh and I did not find the stock mouthpiece to cool very well for me to take as smooth as long hits as I was with that glass cooling mouthpiece on the WPA at least, at the lowest setting...

Last edited:

RAG

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL Thinks this glue issue and the unknown internals of the device might cause a lot of people to avoid this device. Could you post a teardown with what materials and where they're used? A clarification of the glue issue would be good as well, because to me that sure looks like Glue.

I wont be using the unit I ordered until I understand the internals and what materials are used plus the possible glue issues.

Last edited:

YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Accessory Maker
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL Thinks this glue issue and the unknown internals of the device might cause a lot of people to avoid this device. Could you post a teardown with what materials and where they're used? A clarification of the glue issue would be good as well, because to me that sure looks like Glue.

I wont be using the unit I ordered until I understand the internals and what materials are used plus the possible glue issues.
I replied yesterday, no any glue on angus. I am not that stupid to use glue on herb vaporizer, but 3M sticker for magnets. One customer mistake that it uses glue, then all ppl think it has glue? Don’t get me wrong 😑

RAG

I replied yesterday, no any glue on angus. I am not that stupid to use glue on herb vaporizer, but 3M sticker for magnets. One customer mistake that it uses glue, then all ppl think it has glue. Don’t get me wrong 😑
Nobody is calling anybody stupid :) We just want to verify what you built properly. Dealing with nerds (including myself). Okay do you have a specification or product code for the 3M sticker that's used?

And finally is it possible for you to share a teardown of the device that indicates what materials are used where, where the soldering points are and what soldering is used and so fourth?

As soon as this is verified I believe every one of us will be onboard when we've scrutinzed the internals ;) You have gotten a lot of good reviews so far but i believe with these details it'll put these discussions to rest finally.

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
I replied yesterday, no any glue on angus. I am not that stupid to use glue on herb vaporizer, but 3M sticker for magnets. One customer mistake that it uses glue, then all ppl think it has glue? Don’t get me wrong 😑
Heya matey,
You tend to find a people with material concerns and anxiety go hand in hand, hell anxiety/depression/etc go hand in hand with a lot of cannabis users so you will find lots of people worrying about lots of aspects of the vape certainly at least until it's been out a while 😊
Try not to take it personally as we know you have put a lot of effort into getting this right there's just lots of people who worry

I was wondering if you could clarify around batteries, someone back there seems to think 30a discharge is required but recvapes says 8a

Thank you 😌

RedZep

Whether adhesive is applied directly, or covertly on the back of a 3m pad, what's the difference?

That adhesive will certainly not be safe to vape will it?

Would any of you do a temporary repair on one of your vapes, by applying a sticky pad in its vape path? No me neither.

RAG

Whether adhesive is applied directly, or covertly on the back of a 3m pad, what's the difference?

That adhesive will certainly not be safe to vape will it?

Would any of you do a temporary repair on one of your vapes, by applying a sticky pad in its vape path? No me neither.
Exactly, but I´m a bit on the fence here because it really depends on what's in the sticky stuff (not our herbs..) under the magnets. But this vape will be shelved up until I have all the details I asked the maker for. Not jeopardizing my lungs, already have enough issues with my asthma.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

@YLLVAPE OFFICAL here in the FC community, lots of passionate vaporists come together. Some of us are really picky when it comes to the health aspects of a new device and they won't be satisfied until they are convinced everything is fine. It's not personal or anything, I don't believe so. I think if you prove to these critical users how solid the product is, it will help Angus gain a status of reliability (in the very important area of health) that not all too many vaporizers gain. The health concerns won't stop Angus from selling, but addressing them will help put Angus in the big leagues. I have also noticed (but that's without doing any research) that devices where health concerns aren't fully addressed tend to attract the market for a shorter period of time than devices that are proven to be safe.
Exactly, but I´m a bit on the fence here because it really depends on what's in the sticky stuff (not our herbs..) under the magnets. But this vape will be shelved up until I have all the details I asked the maker for. Not jeopardizing my lungs, already have enough issues with my asthma.
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, showing the importance of addressing these concerns. FWIW the wpa doesn't have the sticker in the path (in my beta version).

Top Bottom