StemPod by MPL

HerbieVonVapster

Herbie, I feel like this link has become our mantra. :nod: But, sadly, I fear we are preaching to the choir. :lol:

TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

Totally agree really enjoying these device and want to see others enjoy them too. I find that a lot of the question and there answers are already posted in that thread. The whole mod world is such a confusing mess. I just do my best to answer question and put up some starter files and setting to get people started.

I started recommending Arctic Fox for new user to learn what the settings do. Really FJ and sur_evic should be used by more experience user. Or at least till someone has a basic understanding of there mods settings.

So the stempodAF file loaded into Arctic Fox would be my recommended starting firmware. Great manuals well supported and allows adjusting the setting by a computer. It also includes a device monitor to see whats going on live. Even if planning on using another firmware I can't stress how helpful AF is to learn on.

https://nfeteam.org

Here's the link for downloading my all my DNA files and a AF file. Still messing with the clapton coil in the DNA files. The Arctic Fox file works fine with them.
With the Sur_evic SME firmware I still haven't figure out how to backup those settings. Seems like should be someway to do this? If not will try toss up a guild on how to adjust it's setting.

With the FJ firmware someone else will need to help with those setting. Sadly none my mods run it so really have no ideal how it works.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

On Stempod running into some issues with the clapton coils and it's settings that I need to look into and work on.
The Claptons in the DNA75/250 download work great. I'm not happy with them on the DNA75c/250c yet but hopefully get to them tomorrow.

Hippie

Anyone else feeling a need to rotate their mouthpiece mid session? I'm using about 30% airflow on either end of the inlets each session, turning the chamber through nearly 90 degrees mid session to use both the first 30% then the last 30% for a more even heat and extraction.

Do we have a list of compatible decks yet?
I'm thinking the Coil Father T RDA, Kennedy or the Geek Vape Tsunami may be compatible if anyone here has any of them to test for us.

Would love to have a play with side airflow and/or a more open 2 post deck so we could channel the airflow along the whole coil or mess around with mesh coils.

b0

Cloudy...
Set of extra coils and tools are here, just got the grey card and fees are only £13.52 (£8 of handling, more than the fees themselves, thiefs!!) should receive my unit Saturday at work so will be testing it that same night.

Interesting week, tomorrow Splinter and day after Stempod, they couldn't arrive at a better time, sending my Square today for RMA.

HerbieVonVapster

Set of extra coils and tools are here, just got the grey card and fees are only £13.52 (£8 of handling, more than the fees themselves, thiefs!!) should receive my unit Saturday at work so will be testing it that same night.

Interesting week, tomorrow Splinter and day after Stempod, they couldn't arrive at a better time, sending my Square today for RMA.

Sounds like someones in for a fun weekend :). What mod did you end up with?
Really the 2 of these 510 device make a great pair.

At home I use Splinter or iheat for regulated(another great device but has a 15months waitlist)
The stempod mostly get used for travel. Or when playing with different coils.

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
Got my stempod today in the mail, @supershredderdan just a heads up I never recieved an email when the package was sent and my order still appears to be processing on the website. Also the shipping was super quick to europe.

Does anyone have recommendations for the very first thing I should do, should I check coils, do a burn off?

Cilleire,
Reactions: Summer

b0

Cloudy...
Sounds like someones in for a fun weekend :). What mod did you end up with?
Really the 2 of these 510 device make a great pair.

At home I use Splinter or iheat for regulated(another great device but has a 15months waitlist)
The stempod mostly get used for travel. Or when playing with different coils.

Right now I have an Evic mini but I'm gonna buy a Think Vape Finder 250C, found a shop selling them for £99.99 and seems like DNA is the way to go for TC!

EDIT: In fact I just order it now, may have it by Saturday if I'm lucky :)

Last edited:
b0,

TNT_error

Got my stempod today in the mail, @supershredderdan just a heads up I never recieved an email when the package was sent and my order still appears to be processing on the website. Also the shipping was super quick to europe.

Does anyone have recommendations for the very first thing I should do, should I check coils, do a burn off?

Yeah check the coil resistance should be around .25. If it doesn't show that then tighten the screws, and I think you're ready to experiment

HerbieVonVapster

b0

Cloudy...
Stempod landed!! Shame that my DNA mod is gonna arrive on monday but at least I can try it with AF.

Love the design of the case/box, amazing work on that. Since yesterday I've been testing my Splinter mainly, its gonna be cool to test this 2 guys against each other!!

HerbieVonVapster

Stempod landed!! Shame that my DNA mod is gonna arrive on monday but at least I can try it with AF.

Love the design of the case/box, amazing work on that. Since yesterday I've been testing my Splinter mainly, its gonna be cool to test this 2 guys against each other!

Be interesting to hear your thoughts. AH well only another day and you will enjoy the DNA more after using another mod first :)

Also what's the resistance everyone seeing with the Clapton coils? Using the second set in the pack I bought and getting a cold reading of 0.298. It seemed a little high so I'm curious what others are seeing there resistance at.

I like the stashpod too a little large to be carried around but looks nice on the vapor bar. Of course my 2nd thought was how could I convert this to a SBS battery mod.:)

HerbieVonVapster,
Hmmm? Another 510 dry herb vape?? Great, I have been wanting a 510 dry herb. I'm looking at the stuff from RBT and his ex. I have the Divine Tribe version. Are there any others?

@supershredderdan Are all the 510 vapes about the same? The Stempod web site shows how theirs is built. I didn't see that detail on the others' web sites so I can't compare.

The divine tribe seems to use what StemPod calls a 'notch coil'. Do they all use that?

What is the exterior made from? The others are wood except the DT which is ceramic and it overheats way too much too fast.

Sorry for all the noob questions but I am totally new to this kind of vape so I am in the dark.

How is the customer service from StemPod? Ship same day? Do they ship from USA? Ebay? Paypal? Amazon?

Anything special I should know? I am using a couple box mods. Name brand, standard stuff. I forget the exact models. If it's important I can check. I notice the web site says it uses standard size glass. Something I see a lot of people cry about with the others. Personally, not a big deal to me but a nice extra.

Sell me, baby. I wanna buy... I wanna I wanna I wanna. LOL

Oh, any coupon codes?

:)

Thank you very much in advance :)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Which DT do you have? It only works in TC mode, otherwise you need to use a very low power setting and still you'll be risking frying its tiny wires inside the ceramic. When you say yours overheats, do you mean it does that to your load or just that the exterior gets hot?

There are currently 5 dry herb atomizers in 510 form on the market: The Project (3 versions), Divine Tribe (the one for dry herbs, other versions are for concentrates), The Splinter (2 versions), The iHeat, The StemPod (what this thread is about) All are on-demand convection excepted the DT which is conduction. I'm omitting on purpose a few Chinese craps officially sold for dry herbs but which most probably are terrible and nobody uses them.

Two versions of the project are essentially stainless steel + a shell (wood or silicone), the third one has a glass shell and the rest is SS. The Splinter is glass + wood shell, rest is all SS and HSA heater (including some mica I think). The iHeat is wood directly exposed and a different HSA heater (no mica). The StemPod is full SS + silicone sleeve for thermal insulation and to prevent burns.

You need a mod able to accept large diameter attachments, over 24mm bare minimum, as those are large for the most part, excepted the Project which is much smaller (esp. the glass version) It's also better to have a mod that properly implements TC mode (either SS preset, or better TCR or even better TFR)

Alternatively it's very easy to build a custom DIY equivalent with comparable performance. And since I believe you are rather tech-savvy...? ;)

Last edited:
Which DT do you have? It only works in TC mode, otherwise you need to use a very low power setting and still you'll be risking frying its tiny wires inside the ceramic. When you say yours overheats, do you mean it does that to your load or just that the exterior gets hot?

There are currently 5 dry herb atomizers in 510 form on the market: The Project (3 versions), Divine Tribe (the one for dry herbs, other versions are for concentrates), The Splinter (2 versions), The iHeat, The StemPod (what this thread is about) All are on-demand convection excepted the DT which is conduction. I'm omitting on purpose a few Chinese craps officially sold for dry herbs but which most probably are terrible and nobody uses them.

Two versions of the project are essentially stainless steel + a shell (wood or silicone), the third one has a glass shell and the rest is SS. The Splinter is glass + wood shell, rest is all SS and HSA heater (including some mica I think). The iHeat is wood directly exposed and a different HSA heater (no mica). The StemPod is full SS + silicone sleeve for thermal insulation and to prevent burns.

You need a mod able to accept large diameter attachments, over 24mm bare minimum, as those are large for the most part, excepted the Project which is much smaller (esp. the glass version) It's also better to have a mod that properly implements TC mode (either SS preset, or better TCR or even better TFR)

Alternatively it's very easy to build a custom DIY equivalent with comparable performance. And since I believe you are rather tech-savvy...? ;)

Awesome reply. Thanks

As for the DT getting hot.... just the exterior. I'm not a 'micro-doser'. More a 'chain smoker'. LOL After a few sessions in a row, that puppy got real hot. I got great hits out of it using just wattage mode. Never tried temp mode.

So far, the only dry herb vapes that work to my expectations are the VapCap, the Fury2 and the E-Nano. Didn't care as much for the Sticky Brick, Plenty or the other dry vapes I tried.

I like a glass mouthpiece and I like 510 compatibility.

I'm not sure about the mods I have being over 24mm. I have a Joyetech eVic Mini, an ELeaf IStick Power and a Cuboid Mini. I don't think any of those are 24mm wide, if that's what you mean.

Thanks again for the awesome reply.

Oh.... DIY???? You mean, "The Project"? Or, something else floating around? I'll search around and see what I can find.

Thanks again

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If your mod is too small, the atty will overhang. But some like the eLeaf Pico 75W (and others) have physical limitations preventing them from accepting large diameter attys altogether (I think the Pico is 22mm max for instance) It's also bugging us who prefer side-by-side (SBS) mod designs (check this thread if you want to help >> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/l-shaped-side-by-side-mod-box-enclosure.30564/)

For DIY a good start would be the "BULLI" thread, then of course "The Project" one, both in the DIY subforum. Although I must admit they feel a bit dry now that we've been banned from imgur... bummer, I put quite a lot of pictures in there. I'll also start a new one to get the ball rolling as I made some progress on my own, and the Project is stagnating at the moment.

All vapes I listed are pretty good. They have their pros and cons of course, but I don't think you'll regret your purchase if you go with any of them. Right now the StemPod is probably the easier to get if you want something quickly. Just read this thread, it's all raving reviews and happy campers!

Once again, thanks for the very helpful post. I'm going to skim over this thread and the other thread you linked and then, probably hop over and buy one.

Do they offer coupon codes or flash sales or anything like that?

Thanks again. I owe ya a beer. ;)

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Hackerman, those 3 mods you have will work just fine for all the cartridges. For now, I'm using the Eleaf iPower Stick. Your cuboid & evic mini would be perfect. You can load AF software on the Eleaf & AF, FJ & my_sur_evic(?) on the other 2. Shape-wise, the evic & cuboid are preferable.

@AJS, has many vids showing both the StemPod & Splinter in action through water. AJS is gonna be posting more SP vids in the near future.

https://www.instagram.com/ajs_fc_/

The only place to order the SP is at modpodlabs.com. I believe Dan was running a 25%-off the other day, but can't find reference to it now. Anyone else, know?

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

How is the customer service from StemPod? Ship same day? Do they ship from USA? Ebay? Paypal? Amazon?

Anything special I should know? I am using a couple box mods. Name brand, standard stuff. I forget the exact models. If it's important I can check. I notice the web site says it uses standard size glass. Something I see a lot of people cry about with the others. Personally, not a big deal to me but a nice extra.

Sell me, baby. I wanna buy... I wanna I wanna I wanna. LOL

Not sure on the project. These other 510 device but kinda limited on options to buy. The iheats over a year wait. RBT splinter ships only to usa. I think there another vendor that sells them oversea. I think Dan ships worldwide on the stempod.

The stempod of the 3 I listed is the only one that you can change the coils in. The splinter and iheat use more a mesh screen type heater.

All 3 are great vaporizer hard to pick one as my favorite. At home it's a tossup btw the iheat and splinter both are sitting on DNA mods. For travel my clear winner is the stempod on a wismec sinuous p80 with sur_evic SME firmware.

So really other than the project ( I know nothing about that one sorry) it comes down to Splinter and Stempod being most available.

I feel you can't go wrong with either one. It comes down to type of use and how it looks.
Is this going be for inside or travel use? Do you like to tweak you vaporizers? The changeable coils in the Stempod add work or fun depending on your mindset.

The splinter has a really smooth hit and a glass vapor pathway. The wood look is something that really appeals to me too. But it's also large and heavy device works best on a larger mod look wise.

The stempod might be the better route to take since it's a great travel device and works really well for home use too. Where the splinter using glass make it much less travel friendly.

Plus you can take the saving and invest that into a good mod. Personally feel a good mod is where you most likely to get the better performance aspect on a 510 device.

On customer service currently I have to say stempod. I would suggest you read both threads and make own call there.

With your location it be a royal pain to ship unit back for repairs the stempod would be better too in that aspect. Order it and maybe a extra part kit. I don't see the stempod needing repairs you can't do yourself.

Where with splinter you will need to ship it back and wait on repair.

Well, after reviewing the very wonderful answers to my questions, I have come to the conclusion that.... I need both. LOL

Thanks very much @supershredderdan for the discount. I just bought it (although, I think I selected the wrong shipping option. Should have picked Priority. The default of parcel was selected instead. Odd that it's more for parcel than for Priority.) Either way, I'm already excited. :)

Thanks again, everyone for the input and for helping me make my decision.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Got some Oregon Lemons in the StemPod tonight, using the Xl8r stem. The combo is awesome, StemPod delivers massive rips and the xl8r keeps the vapor cool. Flavor is absolutely insane, still one of the things I can't stop mentioning. Massive rips but manages to keep amazing flavor.

Really liking this oring compared to the beta oring, I feel like my glass sits lower and more flush...doesn't really affect performance (other than moving load closer to heater), but makes the vape look all around nicer.

Hope Dan is here to stay because he sure knows how to make a kickass on demand convection vape.

Still blows me away I can press a button and get huge vape rips within seconds...what a world to live in.

Top Bottom