StemPod by MPL

Evilevile

Should I lube the O rings on the SP base with food grade oil, like I would my Sai? I wonder if I would regret that. <smash>

I can't get TCR to work with the P80 on Arctic Fox. It starts, then almost immediately stops and says 'TCR error' or 'TCR protection.'

Just broke my stock mouthpiece. Cause of death was from the Stempod falling onto it! Cleaved it in two. :shrug:

Evilevile,

Risk

Tried all the suggestions and still getting little to know visible vapor and the herb is still a light green, i can see some browning but it really isn't getting to where it needs to be, I've tried a couple different bowls that were lightly packed and some that were fairly densely packed but still didnt have any luck

Risk,

fogbank

I tried the S&B dosing capsules with the StemPod and came away wholly unimpressed.

My desired outcome was a system to minimize the amount of herb that needs to be cleaned out of the SP chamber between uses, to reduce the likelihood of combustion, and to simplify loading the SP.

I managed to get one filled and I dropped it into the SP. The stock stem does not fit over the capsule, it just sits on top of it. I got decent vapor production when using the capsule, just a little less than when using the stock stem with the basket screen.

The disappointing part was how the capsules themselves fit together. I was unable to get the "cap" of the capsule (the smaller of the two parts) to sit flush on the body without applying a significant amount of pressure. Then I was almost unable to remove the cap, as it was stuck on pretty tight. I ended up bending the capsule pretty badly before I could remove the top.

I'm not sure how the S&B dosing capsules are meant to be used with S&B vaporizers, but in my experience they were difficult to handle, did not close properly, and were then difficult to re-open.

In case anyone is still interested here is what I bought: https://www.puffitup.com/Storz-and-Bickel-Dosing-Capsule-Magazine-p/vol.123-magwcap.htm

I'm also not sure how the magazine is supposed to work, but it was difficult to close the magazine when the caps don't fit flush on the bodies.

Overall my impression: skip the S&B dosing capsules.

HerbieVonVapster

I can't get TCR to work with the P80 on Arctic Fox. It starts, then almost immediately stops and says 'TCR error' or 'TCR protection.'

Should work with arctic fox with the P80. I just got the new clapton coils and messing with them this evening. I will flash my p80 to artic fox and will figure out some working settings for you :)

Has anyone tried these in the stempod they might work a a dosing capsule type ideal?

https://www.420edc.com/accessories/...-19-22-us-joint-short-medium-medium-45-stems/

Last edited:

TNT_error

Lamart.ch (sorry don't know his name) has wooden stems specifically for using s&b capsules for the tubo in difftldif lengths. I ordered one to try out. The capsules fit in the joint, but baskets don't. It has an inner screen so you could use it natively.

Hippie

Oh my :science:

After a busy evenings testing the 9.5 wrap 26/32 build I think I may have over done it a little bit :)
Performance is very smooth and stable no matter how hard you draw but after a few uses the coils are glowing a bit too much in the centre and it's eating up the battery power a little too quickly for my liking.

I think I'm gonna try a few 7.5 wrap builds on the 6x2 stick next ..... after I'm done daisy chaining this build through my bongs a few more times :rockon:

TNT_error

@Hippie you might not need to change it. If the glow is uneven, that's usually a hotspot on the coil. Try using a tweezers or something that can handle heat well and stroke the coil both directions lightly and/or squeezing it lightly then try heating it up until it glows evenly. Repeat until it's uniformed

Hippie

Don't worry I've been poking, prodding, lifting, lowering, spacing and magic stroking the coils :hmm:

They've gone a dark purply blue colour so far so it's not like they're glowing cherry red when I put the cap on, more like the steady glow you'd expect from the centre out on a tweaked coil but just running a little hot and hard on the batteries for my liking.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Dan's getting a small batch of these stems in. Very similar to the Flowermate stems. He said that the vapor is harsher with it than with the OG stem, but less harsh than the small straight stem, think the small Splinter stem.

tapered_glass_stem.jpg
tapered_glass_stem2.jpg
tapered_glass_stem3.jpg
tapered_glass_stem4.jpg
tapered_glass_stem5.jpg

asdf420

Fuck.
So, I got a Reuluxyluxyleauxluxe RX2/3 and flashed the tubomyevic firmware into it. (this one: http://tubo.lamart.ch/fw/180408-tubomyevic-warmup2cruise-autotempstep-beta.bin)

I think I already fucked up the coil by messing with the fire button trying to change the settings.. was set to 70w, it glowed and smoked up a bit. i had pressed the fire button 3 times like it said in the manual for the original firmware to change the TC mode or whatever, but it went into cruise mode instead. (or warmup.. or t-step.. idfk) At least it wasn't set to 200w like with the original.

have to adjust what the clicks correspond to on the menu. ie 3 clicks was set to.. something, and I set it to Edit now, so i can actually edit the main screen

but it doesn't say TCR on the main screen, just TUBO or TEMP Ti/SS, and I can't choose between modes for TUBO. :|

Last edited:

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
I tried the S&B dosing capsules with the StemPod and came away wholly unimpressed.

My desired outcome was a system to minimize the amount of herb that needs to be cleaned out of the SP chamber between uses, to reduce the likelihood of combustion, and to simplify loading the SP.

I managed to get one filled and I dropped it into the SP. The stock stem does not fit over the capsule, it just sits on top of it. I got decent vapor production when using the capsule, just a little less than when using the stock stem with the basket screen.

The disappointing part was how the capsules themselves fit together. I was unable to get the "cap" of the capsule (the smaller of the two parts) to sit flush on the body without applying a significant amount of pressure. Then I was almost unable to remove the cap, as it was stuck on pretty tight. I ended up bending the capsule pretty badly before I could remove the top.

I'm not sure how the S&B dosing capsules are meant to be used with S&B vaporizers, but in my experience they were difficult to handle, did not close properly, and were then difficult to re-open.

In case anyone is still interested here is what I bought: https://www.puffitup.com/Storz-and-Bickel-Dosing-Capsule-Magazine-p/vol.123-magwcap.htm

I'm also not sure how the magazine is supposed to work, but it was difficult to close the magazine when the caps don't fit flush on the bodies.

Overall my impression: skip the S&B dosing capsules.

Hi, I have S&B cap with the caddy. I also experienced difficulty the first handful of times opening the caps again but after the first few uses they start to loosen a little. I have no trouble with them now, im looking forward using them with the stempod.

money2

Reiterating a question previously posed remaining unanswered.

Has anyone been running a DNA75 device that has insight into testing with settings especially with escribe?

money2,

asdf420

combusted twice and vaped mediocrely once in power mode..
i guess ill try editing the SS value since i can, and just use that. but i dunno if the coils are screwed up. they're .23 ohms cold and jump up to .4 ohms hot

not being vaped at 380F

460 seem to work

seems that it set the base resistance in the settings automagically

why need such high temp
heater elem temp > air pass through weed temp? but less so with a high surface area

hopefully this will do good soon, i got some.. rimless basket screens from delta3d. i was already able to keep hitting it without combusting it, but i wasn't always getting vapor. needed to pull hard. what are my preinstalled coils (notch or clapton? tcr value?), and should i increase the tcr as they burn in?
edit: they are clapton, suggested tcr was 215 for clapton and 285 for notch in aug 19

but in the manual i got, it's 265 for clapton. temp range 360-420. i think 265 and 420 would work well for me, will try that tonight

it seems that i'll have to at least rotate the stem if not stir the load ..

edit: needed 450 to get plenty of vapor w/ tcr 265

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Fuck.
So, I got a Reuluxyluxyleauxluxe RX2/3 and flashed the tubomyevic firmware into it.

I think I already fucked up the coil by messing with the stupid fire button trying to change the settings.. was set to 70w, it glowed and smoked up a bit. i had pressed the fire button 3 times like it said in the manual for the original firmware to change the TC mode or whatever, but it went into cruise mode instead. (or warmup.. or t-step.. idfk) At least it wasn't set to 200w like with the original.

could seriously use some better documentation

in the menuI set M1 to 215 and M2 to 260. I'll leave the resistance at 0 so it's automatic?

i'm still trying to figure out how to actually switch modes...

this shit must be impossible for people who don't know anything about mods or computers

"Click on each menu item to set 'Y' or 'N' if you want to see any given mode proposed while cycling between modes in menu mode."

yo dawg i heard you like modes, so i put some modes in your modes so you can switch modes while staying in a mode
and no, the modes aren't proposed in menu mode, they're proposed in the main screen edit mode.

shouldn't it be in the home screen, not the menu?... on lamart's faq it says to "enter main screen edit mode by clicking fire three times until top line flashes." but i can't do this. it just messes with the temperature, says no atomizer, or burns my coils

turns out you have to adjust what the clicks correspond to on the menu. ie 3 clicks was set to.. something, and I set it to Edit now, so i can actually edit the main screen

but it doesn't say TCR on the main screen, just TUBO or TEMP Ti/SS, and I can't choose between modes for TUBO. :|

Sorry hear the tubo software is giving you problems. Really can't be much help there since my mods do not run Tubo firmware. I think there are instruction on tubo webpage on how to use this software.

I use sur_evic SME on my mod that might be a option for you. Tossing together a guild on it with hopefully a firmware download with settings in place.

The whole mod worlds is confusing at best hair pulling most of the other times.

My suggestion is start with arctic fox since it has a easy to understand manual. Can program it on computer get a feel of what each of the setting do. Monitoring the devices in real time helps with understanding whats happening.

Then once get a feel of whats settings do reflash to either FM or the sur_evic SME.
Really till you get a feel of how mod works should wait on using cruise. Your welcome to try the Arctic Fox settings below.

Should I lube the O rings on the SP base with food grade oil, like I would my Sai? I wonder if I would regret that. <smash>

Just broke my stock mouthpiece. Cause of death was from the Stempod falling onto it! Cleaved it in two. :shrug:

Here you go can just download this file. Open Arctic Fox then click open existing configuration and use linked file. Everything but the resistance is setup for the Clapton coils. Haven't messed too much with PI settings since just received coils.
I also haven't used AF in couple weeks so there's just the basic setting in there for it to work with the stempod.
There's 3 profiles for you to try. Clicking fire button 3 times to access these profiles.
1st is TCR at 215
2nd is 316L TRF coil
3rd is Watts
Let me know how it goes.

You will still get the Protection error with Arctic Fox.

It's not really an error it just means the mod has reached the correct TC setting and is throbbing back on the wattage. Confuses everyone at first. Some firmware allow you to just display the current temperature instead for AF not sure if you can?

stempodAF.afc

Hippie

I dunno what's going on here :science: Maybe the springy 26/32 or the extra 10 degrees I added for the water pipes last night but my latest build's back to a feint glow at temp again this morning :shrug:

@asdf420 TCR is renamed TUBO in the latest Tubo software
You can get to it and adjust it in the software by pressing the right button and the fire button together for a second to access the menu and choosing Coils > Tubo Set > M1

A TCR of 275 was about right for me with the stock coils Dan sent me. To be conservative, I'd set it to TCR275, 40W and an initial max temp of 150 degrees C and work your way up with the temp. When you find the working temp you can then adjust the TCR to increase or decrease the reported temp onscreen and turn the wattage up a little to get you there quicker.

Don't forget to get a base resistance reading before you start btw. Everything needs to be at room temperature for that first reading.

@Evilevile Most mods will kick you out of temperature control like that when your TCR value is way off.

kuzko

Has anyone been running a DNA75 device that has insight into testing with settings especially with escribe?

I’m running on a DNA75c, so far with the SP I just use Power mode tho at 30-35W with a traditional pack.

I prefer a capped-in-stem pack tho w my 510 dry herb devices and can’t seem to dial it in without coils glowing.

I downloaded @HerbieVonVapster ’s escribe TC settings, which can be found a few pages back, and watched the coils while firing and the coils were being regulated perfectly so they would not glow. BUT I was unable to get enough heat for the capped-in-stem pack. I haven’t tried the traditional pack with those settings yet but I assume it works.

HerbieVonVapster

Sorry about that the FCshare file would work for your DNA device. Your welcome to download a copy and try the stempod settings. I tossed up a new version with the clapton coils today.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

@kuzko can try the Clapton coils TC setting in the new version. I might have to relook at those setting now that I have a DNA250c to do some testing. If I get a chance later will pop the stempod on the 250c. The splinter runs like a dream on it so the stempod should too :)

My current DNA250c themes need some scaling back to fit on the DNA75c. Will toss something up soon for 75c user soon. Right now working on the sur_evic SME settings.

Best place to check for mods and firmware advice is over at.
TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
15cALUI.jpg

Got my RX300 yesterday! Much better results...it also feels better holding it.

The temp control mode works better than the cuboid that I had as well...

...next step is to try and put the FJ software on my mod though when I tried the first day it didn't work...are there different versions for evic and wisemec?

Anyhow I'm getting huge clouds and minimal charring...wished I would have went for a new mod earlier! (I think @sickmanfraud advised me to do this months ago).

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Guys, if you are gonna talk mods & firmware I'd love to see you all posting in the mod thread as members who are using other cartridges also get the benefit of all your questions & replies -- Great posting info. above. :tup: So, I'll post a link to this StemPod page over in that thread for all to see. Just not now.
canabis.gif

Best place to check for mods and firmware advice is over at.
TC Box Mods Firmware Discussions and Customizing

Herbie, I feel like this link has become our mantra. :nod: But, sadly, I fear we are preaching to the choir. :lol:

asdf420

i still want to get good extraction out of it. ended up combusting after many hits, but pretty baked. bowl is vaped unevenly, even with airflow all the way down. the bowl is around 1/3" away from the mesh screen in the stempod

maybe i just need to install new coils.

Last edited:
asdf420,
Top Bottom