• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cervical CBD

I guess it's your opinion if it's worth it or not. I have noticed that I can reduce the dial by about 3. So I went from about 1 the on dial back to about 10. Also, the heat holds through the full draw, no taper at the end so your full temp the whole ride!
Hope this helps!

How does it change temperatures? Are you referring to the bead mod? I don’t want to do that and I’m not sure it needs it. I just want to make it easier to clean and not mess with a screen.

Cervical CBD,
Reactions: arb

SquirrelMaster

Even with the 4mm boro balls that probably aren't as effective as the 3mm or 2mm my SSV rips. I loaded up a nice bowl Saturday night for my evening finale and then topped it off with a good ball of kief and a chunk of hash and then proceeded to blast off. Then last night I could feel my head heading towards a migraine when I couldn't sleep and a couple lung fulls of vapour later I was off to la la land. I can't get enough of these hard hitting devices but I have to really try to limit myself to only using them in the evening or my tolerance gets out of hand quickly. I have mine on a smart plug so I always give it a nice long heat soak before I get going and it hasn't let me down yet.

Mrs.arb digs this wand on a stock heater.......I suspect shape has something to do with it.
😘

I planned on ordering one of those at some point, all that glass looks tasty, not that the whip bothers me to begin with.

i love my ssv but one thing that annoys the hell out of me is when i give it a stir and im a bit too high and move the filter screen without realising it and end up with a mouth/lung full of bud! I've put an additional screen in the whip to help avoid this happening again

i love my ssv but one thing that annoys the hell out of me is when i give it a stir and im a bit too high and move the filter screen without realising it and end up with a mouth/lung full of bud! I've put an additional screen in the whip to help avoid this happening again
I've ordered a volcano now too because of how annoying it is getting a mouthful of bud!

DazVapesNow,

Ariste

I've ordered a volcano now too because of how annoying it is getting a mouthful of bud!
I haven't had that happen to me except when I forgot to put a screen in.

I do custom cut my screens from larger 1" extra-fine screens though so they may be a little larger than stock.

howie105

I stick a rimmed screen in the male portion of the stem from DDave Mod and never get bud blowing past it.

howie105,
Reactions: Flow

Flow

I've found earlier on this thread a good backup to face the lost of a broken wand...
With ground glass (not sphérical ground glass…) heater cover, you can go with an adaptater (14.5/18.5) like this one as a cheap backup and keep ridin' the wave : https://www.grasscity.eu/clear-glass-adapter-male-14-5mm-male-18-8mm.html

That way, if you ever break your SSV stem like i did, you still will be abble to vape !
You'll althought need a 14.5F/18.5M adaptater if you ever wan't to micro-dose with the 14.5 side of the stem... Then you can use DDave rimed baskets.

Elev8 stems are way more fancy, glass is thicker, and inner diameter is "optimised"... and you can find a matching color heater cover and button !

nytrix626

After 7+ years the two wires connecting to the ceramic rod broke off, and the insulation is in bad shape. I have soldered the wires back onto the ceramic rod a few times but it keeps coming off after a couple days. We have been thinking about buying a new vaporizer, but doing all the research again I think the SSV is still the best and instead of buying a new one I just go back to thinking of how I can fix the one we have.

The solder does not melt into the metal connecting plates on the ceramic rod... has anyone had to reattach their wires, or buy new wire? Also the caulking that glues the "firewall" disk in place gave out a long time ago, not sure how best to reattach that piece. Worried if I buy a new unit it might have the same issues eventually.

nytrix626,

arb

Semi shaved ape
After 7+ years the two wires connecting to the ceramic rod broke off, and the insulation is in bad shape. I have soldered the wires back onto the ceramic rod a few times but it keeps coming off after a couple days. We have been thinking about buying a new vaporizer, but doing all the research again I think the SSV is still the best and instead of buying a new one I just go back to thinking of how I can fix the one we have.

The solder does not melt into the metal connecting plates on the ceramic rod... has anyone had to reattach their wires, or buy new wire? Also the caulking that glues the "firewall" disk in place gave out a long time ago, not sure how best to reattach that piece. Worried if I buy a new unit it might have the same issues eventually.
They used to offer a nearly complete redo of the internals for like $25.00 at eleve8glass.com

Cervical CBD

Ugh can’t wait until my new wand arrives and maybe should have ordered an extra. I’m clumsy and broke the glass now I have to use my Stickybrick Runt. I much prefer my SSV!

hoptimum

Even with the 4mm boro balls that probably aren't as effective as the 3mm or 2mm my SSV rips. I loaded up a nice bowl Saturday night for my evening finale and then topped it off with a good ball of kief and a chunk of hash and then proceeded to blast off. Then last night I could feel my head heading towards a migraine when I couldn't sleep and a couple lung fulls of vapour later I was off to la la land. I can't get enough of these hard hitting devices but I have to really try to limit myself to only using them in the evening or my tolerance gets out of hand quickly. I have mine on a smart plug so I always give it a nice long heat soak before I get going and it hasn't let me down yet.

I planned on ordering one of those at some point, all that glass looks tasty, not that the whip bothers me to begin with.
or your could replace the heater cover with an LSV heater cover (thanks @Vicolo) for a similar effect

hoptimum,

Hippie

Love the versatility of the LSV heater cover
It's thinner than the SSV and DVB covers but there's still room for some balls in there, and works really well in a log vape in my opinion (I made a log with a 936D soldering iron, a big cork, a cup, some balls and the LSV cover).
The flavour is the best I've experienced micro dosing using a DDave concentrate chamber as a bowl and a 14mm stem so I'm keen to try his new titanium one hitter in the same setup.

Cervical CBD

Got my wand and still prefer my SSV to the Stickybrick Runt. I have a bit of a cough and ended up blowing a big bowl all over the heating element cover. I’m out of iso too...

Cervical CBD,
  • Sad

RenDabs

I've been using Alumina Ceramic balls in my SSV43 for awhile now, ordered them from AliExpress and they seem to hold more heat than borosilicate balls, they have similar thermal properties to SiC for a significantly cheaper price. I've checked them after a month of everyday use and they're still in perfect condition.

Here's where I bought them, I got 200 and had a few to spare. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1941197528.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.32.2d9b1fd05Pvrib

This seller also sells 3mm SiC balls but you have to buy at least 500 and that comes out to $125 vs $35 for 200 Alumina Ceramic balls.

HKHYCPu.jpg

Cervical CBD

I have a cough and I blew bud into the heating element. I washed all glass pieces over 14 hours ago and now it’s not getting hot enough to vape. The outside is hot but I can put my finger on the top of the glass where the wand inserts. I thought it was maybe a wet screen or hose so I changed and it’s the same issue.

Cervical CBD,

SquirrelMaster

I have a cough and I blew bud into the heating element. I washed all glass pieces over 14 hours ago and now it’s not getting hot enough to vape. The outside is hot but I can put my finger on the top of the glass where the wand inserts. I thought it was maybe a wet screen or hose so I changed and it’s the same issue.
Silly question but did you bump the temperature dial?

SquirrelMaster,

Cervical CBD

Silly question but did you bump the temperature dial?
No I turned it off last night but it’s on almost full and has been for 30 minutes or longer.

Edit- Pretty sure I figured it out. I had the white heating rod pushed down too far...

Last edited:
Cervical CBD,

Alexis

I read somewhere about someone manipulating the kind of high they got (stoned vs high) by using different temps. You know anything about that?
Yo Sticks, I only just read this post because currently, since FC's little re-vamping, most new posts I see, when I click on them, direct me to page 1 of the thread, not the actual newest post as did always used to happen.

Probably related to my tablet's software and FC upgrades or something, and it doesn't happen every time, just most times.

So I landed on page 1 here today, hence me reading your post here. I almost rubbed my eyes lol, like day 1 at school lol!

We all start somewhere, some time I guess, and we definitely take that for granted as time goes on.

Top Bottom