xxxscottyxxx

Better start saving up specially if they still want some horrendous amount for international shipping lol

Hey Technique, What country you having imported to? I live in the UK and purchased a limited edition SSV direct from 7th Floor as that model is not available over here, I got hit with huge import tax charges at customs which im lead to believe is just luck of the drawer if your item gets stopped or not even if its marked as a "gift" what i didnt expect was another £13 charge for the privilage of Parcel Force collecting from the customs in the UK, All in all it cost me an arm and a leg.......Still worth every penny though as it looks gorgeous and hits like a total beast! Best of luck though mate, You may be one of the lucky ones.

xxxscottyxxx,

technique

Hey Technique, What country you having imported to? I live in the UK

I live in the UK and also ordered my SSV direct from 7th floor and it definitely didn't work out cheap with shipping, handling and customs, this is exactly why I am so hesitant to order the water filter and the reason I was considering bongs which I'm doing again now lol

technique,

technique

Does anyone know if there are any filters that will work with my vapor borthers mini wand?

technique,

xxxscottyxxx

I live in the UK and also ordered my SSV direct from 7th floor and it definitely didn't work out cheap with shipping, handling and customs, this is exactly why I am so hesitant to order the water filter and the reason I was considering bongs which I'm doing again now lol

Its such a pain trying to buy vapes and the accessories to use with them over here, Everything is sooo much cheaper and readily available in the USA, Some things you just cant find at all over here in the UK, Try looking for a SSV to bong adaptor over here or even something simple such as the coloured whip tubing and it simply isnt available anywhere, Why?? Its on every USA website possiblefor a few cents but the amount of potage and custom charges to get it over here just doesnt make it a viable purchase, Its a total nightmare! Sorry rant over!

xxxscottyxxx,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It makes me mad and I don't even live there. It is tax rape and we complain about our tax in the USA. We don't pay import tax that I know of. Revolt I say revolt. Can you buy from anywhere without getting hit like that? The UK is a big so maybe some other country within the UK? Does this happen with any mailings or just mailings from companies? Is ebay any better? Just thoughts. I tried to find info on taxes a while ago but it was so complicated I couldn't understand it except for what I said in my second sentence fuck the people and give the gov money. I think I got that correct.

titi

Does anyone know when the 7th floor products will get the CE norm ?

All their products are out of stock nearly in all vaporizer shops in Europe because of that.

titi,

technique

Try looking for a SSV to bong adaptor over here or even something simple such as the coloured whip tubing and it simply isnt available anywhere

I have found a retailer on ebay that stocks spare whips complete with SSV glass and bong adaptors but I cant find anything more then that, I have even resorted to ordering bits from 7th floor and paying those horrible charges as I have had no option. There is also a wholesaler in the EU but will not sell directly to a customer. If you ever find anything please let me know also.

ADAPTOR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?LH...0&_from=R40&_nkw=silver+surfer+adaptor&_arr=1

WHIP

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...3.m570.l1313&_nkw=silver+surfer+whip&_sacat=0

technique,

xxxscottyxxx

have found a retailer on ebay that stocks spare whips complete with SSV glass and bong adaptors but I cant find anything more then that, I have even resorted to ordering bits from 7th floor and paying those horrible charges as I have had no option. There is also a wholesaler in the EU but will not sell directly to a customer. If you ever find anything please let me know also.

Hey Technique, Thanks for the links to those items, I had seen those both before but the problem with the adaptor is the seller is still based in the USA so USPS will only deliver to UK customs then Parcel Force take over and they charge an additional £8 to collect even a small jiffy bag so when you add that to custom tax charges and the sellers postal charges a £10 adaptor becomes 3 or 4 times the price it initially was, Its just crazy!

Regarding the whip tubing i have found a couple of UK suppliers and ebay sellers that will sell this for about £10 inc P&P but i have one of the Ltd edition SSV's and have blue tubing with it to match the design and coloured tubing is impossible to find anywhere in the UK, I know it doesnt really matter to a lot of people but im really OCD about it and would love some more of the blue tubing rather than the clear.

I did find a good looking UK based website the other day http://www.vaporlot.com i havent tried them yet but they do seem to have some good stuff and they also have a SSV and separate 7th Floor accessories section, You could take a look there to see if anything catches your eye.

One final thing as i know you were looking for a bong / bubbler, Have you looked into an "AquaVape" at all? Its basically a 7" hand held water filteration devise, I got one about 3 months ago and couldnt be happier with it, I paid about £65 for it if i remember correctly and they are available quite a few places in the UK, Its really easy to hook up to the SSV and has an anti spill system built in so you can lay it on the floor between sessions and no water spills out at all, It may not be what you're looking for but i just thought it would give you another option. Hope some of this is helpful to you mate.

xxxscottyxxx,

waphz

What is the absolute smallest amount that you can vape in the standard glass wand? I've tried putting in extremely small amounts, but I don't get very visible hits and the weed that I put in doesn't turn brown. I still get high, but it's not the same. If I load the wand with around .3g my ABV comes out tobacco brown.

waphz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
What is the absolute smallest amount that you can vape in the standard glass wand? I've tried putting in extremely small amounts, but I don't get very visible hits and the weed that I put in doesn't turn brown. I still get high, but it's not the same. If I load the wand with around .3g my ABV comes out tobacco brown.
the less herb you use, the less restriction there is to the airflow, and the less brown your herb will be.
for a tiny amount in a wand, it works best if you inhale air through that load very slowly.

technique

What Vitolo said is absolutely right and he should know. For best results with vapeing take a 10-15 min break between hits and breath the vapor in and blow out a little and take another breath in and so on for each hit, at least that's what works for me.

For best results with a small amount you should consider either purchasing a mini wand or packing the bowl with some damiana for density although the later option causes its own issues.

technique,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Amen to Mini wand... sitting on the sidelines......
... for that tiny hit of exotic~
DSC00461.jpg

Vitolo,

waphz

Amen to Mini wand... sitting on the sidelines......
... for that tiny hit of exotic~
DSC00461.jpg

I've seen the mini wand mentioned on here before. I'll probably end up buying one very soon here to help me conserve herb. How much do you pack in the mini-wand to get the best visible vapor, and where the herb turns brown?

waphz,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Fun fact:
You can slip the mini wand directly into a low profile adapter (18mm male to 14mm female), and have an all gong SSV water setup :D

Can be a little awkward holding the SSV directly up to your bong, but its fun :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

waphz

Fun fact:
You can slip the mini wand directly into a low profile adapter (18mm male to 14mm female), and have an all gong SSV water setup :D

Can be a little awkward holding the SSV directly up to your bong, but its fun :tup:

It's not too bad. I can pack barley anything in my Sheldon Black snapper bowl, and then put the standard heat cover perfectly on the bowl. I find it less awkward then having the whip stuck in the bong, and then trying to hold it up to the SSV.

waphz,

Fresh_Baked

Damn, I miss my mini wand.

For those that don't know, I was using it one day and bumped it against my knuckle (which made of flesh, not rock, I promise lol) and it just shattered in my hand. There was glass everywhere.

I've been using the standard wand since and I'm definitely going through more herb than when I had the mini wand but I'm hesitant to order another one just because I don't feel like having to replace it again.

I like the 'feel' of the standard wand a bit more though. The mini wand, to me, felt cheap. It definitely saved herb but I just didn't like how it felt using it. I also remember that I had a really tough time replacing screens sometimes.

I'll probably stick with the standard wand, or better yet, upgrade to a customized one.

Fresh_Baked,

technique

How much do you pack in the mini-wand to get the best visible vapor, and where the herb turns brown?

I use anywhere between 0.05-0.08 and its a very healthy bowl indeed

I like the 'feel' of the standard wand a bit more though. The mini wand, to me, felt cheap. It definitely saved herb but I just didn't like how it felt using it. I also remember that I had a really tough time replacing screens sometimes.

I agree with you completely I like the standard wand more then the mini but I like money in my pocket the most lol. I seem to remember a post a while back about someone using silicon tubing to reduce the size of his standard wand!!!! Anyone want to help me out on this one?

technique,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I seem to remember a post a while back about someone using silicon tubing to reduce the size of his standard wand!!!! Anyone want to help me out on this one?

I've tried silicon tubing and could always taste the silicon. I also own the Mini VB wand and rarely use it because it feels so thin compared to the SSV wand. I'm using dual screens in it too but feel that applying too much pressure to move the screen will surely break it over time. W/o two screens my mini lets in too much debris, more than any SSV wand I own.

Maybe try my EQ screen mod. I'm pulling hits so thick that it makes me cough, even with .01 g.

With my screen mod it will allow you to keep your flowers equal distance from the heater cover opening, which keeps temperatures even across different size loads, so you don't have to fiddle with the Temp adjust knob. Normally when you try packing just a pinch, the heat dissipates too quickly to reach the bottom of your wand to where your screen fits, the inverse square law of physics. This chart shows you what happens, where S is the HC opening.

From the Wiki article: "As the emitted radiation gets farther from the source, it is spread out over an area that is increasing in proportion to the square of the distance from the source. Hence, the intensity of radiation passing through any unit area (directly facing the point source) is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the point source."

Tweak,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom