Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

arb

Semi shaved ape

It's my experience that it mostly comes down to technique. A combination of button presses and draw speed. The issue is everyone has different lung capacities and like with wind instruments, everyone has different embouchure muscles so technique will often be unique to each specific person. There are baseline similarities for sure, but you will need to adjust according to your own physiology.

Having said that, I've found that a stem pack is much more forgiving than using a basket screen when trying to figure out the device for the first time. Moving the load even a couple of millimetres away from the heat source makes an enormous difference. It's much more forgiving and will allow you to hold the button down for longer periods without scorching. You still can scorch and even combust packing this way, but it's a little more difficult to do than with the basket screens.

stempack.jpg

The flat screens I use are 14.8mm and can be found domestically (if you're in NA) at VGoodiez and a few other places. You can also order them from overseas for much cheaper, but it will take a bit longer as with most things.

I'd also recommend trying to vary your grind. I find too fine a grind tends to hotspot for me with a lot of my convection devices.
Excellent point and I did not mention I only stem pack the MI3.
The MI2 I have won't produce vapor in a stem pack and has to have a basket screen type setup to work at all.
No modulation on it a five second warmup and slow draw does make nice vapor in those wood stems,really nice vapor.

androponic

vaped.
if you dont do amazon ebay has them too just search 12mm momentary switch push button

I’m sorry to see you are having such a tough go of it.

You mentioned “lightly inhale”, is this just at the start or through the entire pull?
@seki, I will attempt the flat screen technique, as I may have screens that fit. You and everyone else that has reached out to me has mentioned the same. Button and inhale are key to getting pass the learning curve and on to a wonderful experience with the Mi3. I don’t plan on giving up any time soon, so much gratitude for input Seki. :peace:

@Polyphone, No worries, I had the same issues with the Simrell, DynaVap too. It‘s just me having to get pass the learning curve, if it proves too difficult to do so, I’ll put up for sale and hopefully recuperate all or most of what I’ve invested thus far.

On the lightly inhale, I do start with a light inhale and I may be ramping it up to soon. As far as the Mi3 is concerned, it works as it should. It get hot and I can feel through the wood. Polyphone, thank you for chiming in, CF is a wonderful community and we are fortunate to have so. :peace:

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
@seki, I will attempt the flat screen technique, as I may have screens that fit. You and everyone else that has reached out to me has mentioned the same. Button and inhale are key to getting pass the learning curve and on to a wonderful experience with the Mi3. I don’t plan on giving up any time soon, so much gratitude for input Seki. :peace:

@Polyphone, No worries, I had the same issues with the Simrell, DynaVap too. It‘s just me having to get pass the learning curve, if it proves too difficult to do so, I’ll put up for sale and hopefully recuperate all or most of what I’ve invested thus far.

On the lightly inhale, I do start with a light inhale and I may be ramping it up to soon. As far as the Mi3 is concerned, it works as it should. It get hot and I can feel through the wood. Polyphone, thank you for chiming in, CF is a wonderful community and we are fortunate to have so. :peace:
Keep your inhale steady from start to finish that helps.

Excellent point and I did not mention I only stem pack the MI3.
The MI2 I have won't produce vapor in a stem pack and has to have a basket screen type setup to work at all.
No modulation on it a five second warmup and slow draw does make nice vapor in those wood stems,really nice vapor.
Arb, what is stem pack? If you could refer me to instructions on how to stem pack, I’d most grateful for any assistance.
Keep your inhale steady from start to finish that helps.
This I will most definitely attempt this afternoon when I reach for the Mi3. On another note; who would I reach out to to possibly purchase a splinter? I hope that the right term for it. Once again, many thanks. 🙏

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yep unkl marks good peeps. Nothing but good things to say. And to above: yes! You need a 2. You do. I’m only walnut sadly, and shan’t be getting an exotic, needs me a Zion m.
Whatup big dog!
Arb, that’s what I’ve been experiencing. The taste/feel and when I check the bowl, the middle is scorched and there is un vape ring on the outer edges. From what I understand, the Mi3 runs hot and no need to preheat.

I’ve tried the, press down button and start to inhale softly for three seconds, release the button for three seconds and so on. I‘ve tried twelve to eighteen three second on and off technique and I must not be regulating my breath correctly, cause the only time I feel, taste, see vapor, is when it’s too late and I’ve scorched The bowl.

When I’ve scorched the bowl, I get way too medicated. I really like the Mi3 and I want so much to get in the groove with it and be able to micro dose with it. I can do the Simrell, 2019 M pared with the VHB. I’d love just to vape with the Mi3 only but, it too unpredictable for now.

thank so much for your encouragement and the tip on the taste, feel and seeing the vapor, I’ll pay attention to this in the foreseeable future when I use the Mi3. The Mi3 has such a good reputation and a good following, that also makes me want to get it right and make the Mi3 a keeper! :peace:
Just put a fully-charged Molicel 26A in my Milaana 3 and did my impatient best at even extraction in case it helps you get a feel for yours.

Five long, medium hits total with each one using this pattern (the count of "one, two, three" was just in my head so evidently they were slightly short seconds):

5 second preheat (-1 second per hit)
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off but mostly still drawing

After hit #1
PXL_20210825_193001372~2.jpg

Pinky poke after hit #2

Hit #3
PXL_20210825_193241114~2.jpg

Stir after hit #4

Hit #5
PXL_20210825_193632849~2.jpg

Looking at the abv there was one more hit in there but I didn't like the flavor of hit #5 enough to bother. It's also not terribly even, which of course I ascribe to the Milaana 3 hotspot tendency despite these my best efforts
PXL_20210825_193740235~2.jpg

With my Milaana 2 and 1 I just stay on the button the whole hit; the two is faster than the 1 and the 1 can struggle to finish a stem without a full cell. With my Zs I can easily get closer to coffee abv in TC alone without stirring

It's my experience that it mostly comes down to technique. A combination of button presses and draw speed. The issue is everyone has different lung capacities and like with wind instruments, everyone has different embouchure muscles so technique will often be unique to each specific person. There are baseline similarities for sure, but you will need to adjust according to your own physiology.

Having said that, I've found that a stem pack is much more forgiving than using a basket screen when trying to figure out the device for the first time. Moving the load even a couple of millimetres away from the heat source makes an enormous difference. It's much more forgiving and will allow you to hold the button down for longer periods without scorching. You still can scorch and even combust packing this way, but it's a little more difficult to do than with the basket screens.

stempack.jpg

The flat screens I use are 14.8mm and can be found domestically (if you're in NA) at VGoodiez and a few other places. You can also order them from overseas for much cheaper, but it will take a bit longer as with most things.

I'd also recommend trying to vary your grind. I find too fine a grind tends to hotspot for me with a lot of my convection devices.
Seki, thank you for a very well thought out reply. I will try and track down some 14.8mm flat screens. I’m in the states on the west coast. I’ll check out it VGoodies and then try Amazon. In the mean time all I have are basket screens, I’ll use the example and preheat and count as you do.

Y’all wish me luck! Though I know the Mi3 hits like a truck, I hope to tame the wild beast into micro dosing.
O’ one last question, how do you get the flat screen to fit and stay put? From point of view, it looks like a basket screen to me. 🙏

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Seki, thank you for a very well thought out reply. I will try and track down some 14.8mm flat screens. I’m in the states on the west coast. I’ll check out it VGoodies and then try Amazon. In the mean time all I have are basket screens, I’ll use the example and preheat and count as you do.

Y’all wish me luck! Though I know the Mi3 hits like a truck, I hope to tame the wild beast into micro dosing.
O’ one last question, how do you get the flat screen to fit and stay put? From point of view, it looks like a basket screen to me. 🙏

Yeah I would follow @bossman's advice and just keep at it, it can take quite some time to get a feel for it, I only use basket screens with all my RBT vapes... And you can email Lee to see if he has SplinterV2 available, should still be plenty for $75 I think now on sale?? You will also need an e-cig mod

Shit Snacks

New auctions are up on insta, some nice walnut on walnut and walnut on zebrawood units!

You beat me to it! Yes the final Milaana II RBT auctions, along with five ZionM...
Screenshot-20210825-143626.png

All auctions will end at noon PST on August 31, including the earlier tuncatech Mi2 and spalted cap ZionM auctions to support Bob!

Whatup big dog!

Just put a fully-charged Molicel 26A in my Milaana 3 and did my impatient best at even extraction in case it helps you get a feel for yours.

Five long, medium hits total with each one using this pattern (the count of "one, two, three" was just in my head so evidently they were slightly short seconds):

5 second preheat (-1 second per hit)
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off
3 seconds fire
3 seconds off but mostly still drawing

After hit #1
View attachment 12082

Pinky poke after hit #2

Hit #3
View attachment 12083

Stir after hit #4

Hit #5
View attachment 12084

Looking at the abv there was one more hit in there but I didn't like the flavor of hit #5 enough to bother. It's also not terribly even, which of course I ascribe to the Milaana 3 hotspot tendency despite these my best efforts
View attachment 12086

With my Milaana 2 and 1 I just stay on the button the whole hit; the two is faster than the 1 and the 1 can struggle to finish a stem without a full cell. With my Zs I can easily get closer to coffee abv in TC alone without stirring
@bossman, okay, okay... did as instructed and yes sir, I think I am starting to get a handle on the wild stallion. The first few times when I got her, I used a cooling stem and just switched to the stock stem. Not sure if that helps or it doesn’t matter.

Anyhoo, I packed about half a basket and followed your directions. After the preheat, I release the button for a second and started the three minute on and off, nothing on the first two inhales, the third was wispy, the last two hits were very substantial to say the least. So, I know I can get good vapor and nice hits.

I just need to practice more, I’m sure if I was having more sessions per day, I’d get over that learning curve sooner. Being that I prefer to micro dose, it’s going to take a bit longer. However, it‘ll be quite the journey. Thank you good Sir for taking the time to post easy to follow directions and the photos are very helpful. 😊

You beat me to it! Yes the final Milaana II RBT auctions, along with five ZionM...
Screenshot-20210825-143626.png

All auctions will end at noon PST on August 31, including the earlier tuncatech Mi2 and spalted cap ZionM auctions to support Bob!

Just gorgeous. The dark walnut top right looks absolutely stunning. Now my purchase, perhaps seems too hasty...

However, the deal that was had makes the pain more bearable, especially in my need to grab accessories...so you win some, yah lose some...

BakedDiogenes

Ah man! 😂 I might bid on one but it's unlikely, hope you get what you're wanting!
I’m gonna shoot for a ZionM, but I’m more excited to see what Ryan has down the pipeline with the new company. I wish I would’ve jumped on the train sooner; I could’ve had a Mi years ago. His heater design is solid, and I don’t think I’ll ever prefer temp control.

Ripstar

I’m gonna shoot for a ZionM, but I’m more excited to see what Ryan has down the pipeline with the new company. I wish I would’ve jumped on the train sooner; I could’ve had a Mi years ago. His heater design is solid, and I don’t think I’ll ever prefer temp control.
100%. I jumped on it a little late as well and they have been my favorite vapes recently. Those ZionM looks so dope! 🙏

I want to give a big thanks to everyone here for all the great advice on using this fantastic vape! I entered the world of vaping a little late to have a chance to enjoy all the RBT products, but have been able to snag a few at the end here, and have been popping in occasionally for some amazing tips and recommendations.

Thought I'd share a pic of my Milaana collection https://ibb.co/KjqYsTQ

Shit Snacks

I want to give a big thanks to everyone here for all the great advice on using this fantastic vape! I entered the world of vaping a little late to have a chance to enjoy all the RBT products, but have been able to snag a few at the end here, and have been popping in occasionally for some amazing tips and recommendations.

Very nice! Thank you for joining us here, is that the recent canary amber glass Mi2??

Razhumikin

I love that 1.5!

Top Bottom