Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

canadianvapelife

before you buy a button, you can short across the screw posts on the button and see if you get heat at all. if not i would check the screw with the wire on it that goes to the top where your thumbscrew is, sometimes it loosens up from the thumbscrew usage and then the wire at the bottom side has a bad connection. ryan did put loctite on the last ones he had but for a while they were able to loosen up so just a bit of troubleshooting to try.
Was talking with unklmark, the link you shared was for 12mm buttons but he says they are 16mm for the mi3. Just a heads up for anyone who also may have this issue

Zambilandian

Hello FC folks! Im new here so bear with me please as I am new to this platform :)

Im sure I am not the only one here interested in ordering one of the "last Mi3s" but I have one concern holding me back. Coming from a background in nicotine vaporizers, I am under the impression that glowing coils are not the best idea. Specifically with stainless steel, I thought that it was understood that you want to be extremely gentile with these wires because they will oxidize over time.. You arent even supposed to glow SS coils in vapes to get out the hotspots. So does this not apply to the heaters used in the Milaana devices? Thanks in advance!

Zambilandian,
Reactions: arb

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I just grabbed a milaana3. What’s the basic tips for a newbie on using it? I’ve used a firewood7 and TinyMight so far.

Skim backwards in the thread, this question has been asked and answered a bit recently... Alternatively read the old Milaana threads too ;)

Big one is be safe, don't leave the battery in without the pick protecting in a place that the button could get pressed accidentally!

Hello FC folks! Im new here so bear with me please as I am new to this platform :)

Im sure I am not the only one here interested in ordering one of the "last Mi3s" but I have one concern holding me back. Coming from a background in nicotine vaporizers, I am under the impression that glowing coils are not the best idea. Specifically with stainless steel, I thought that it was understood that you want to be extremely gentile with these wires because they will oxidize over time.. You arent even supposed to glow SS coils in vapes to get out the hotspots. So does this not apply to the heaters used in the Milaana devices? Thanks in advance!

And normal use it should not be glowing in the Mi3 for one thing, for another high-grade stainless steel is okay to glow a little bit just not constantly, again in normal proper use you shouldn't make the heater glow at all... It cools quickly just like it heats quickly, your airflow drawing through it, and it does retain heat as well. Theoretically there is a risk if you were to hold down the button too long, there have been a lot of tests throughout the years of the original Milaana, up for you to decide based on the research if it is a concern to you :tup:

Shit Snacks

Sorry I may be a little late, I think bidding ended at noon PST today, but there is no bid on this one yet, so I think someone can snatch it up now without any bidding war if they want to comment on it quick:
Screenshot-20210831-121137.png

johnrecon12

Well I will post photos later but I forgot how efficient and quick the Milaana is, like riding a bike a couple pulls and I remembered technique.
Now I just need to find some more glass stems for them. Any recommendations? Do the Stempod stems fit this or a different ground connection. Shoots from Hawaii friendos.

Ripstar

Sorry I may be a little late, I think bidding ended at noon PST today, but there is no bid on this one yet, so I think someone can snatch it up now without any bidding war if they want to comment on it quick:
Screenshot-20210831-121137.png
Damn, tempting

Shit Snacks

Well I will post photos later but I forgot how efficient and quick the Milaana is, like riding a bike a couple pulls and I remembered technique.
Now I just need to find some more glass stems for them. Any recommendations? Do the Stempod stems fit this or a different ground connection. Shoots from Hawaii friendos.

Nice! It depends which one you have, if it's a 3 you need 19/19 stems which can be trickier, but the others need 19/22 which is at least a standard though not necessarily easy either (you can try Lamart stems but it is hit or miss, in my experience the nub is good and always fits though my RBT vapes that aren't 19/19) and also hit up @508phineas on Instagram to get awesome vigreux spiked cooling stems! Alternatively one of the best things you could get would be a WPA to use with a variety of j-hooks and such, if you can find a glass blower to make you one custom, can get it without frosted glass even, and they can cut the joint down to be the right size for any RBT vape (Oregon Glass Blower can do this for example) :tup:

Damn, tempting
Sooooo tempting, I almost put a bid on that one too but was able to find a little restraint lol.

hit up @508phineas on Instagram to get awesome vigreux spiked cooling stems!
@johnrecon12 Can confirm. Just received mine yesterday and wow, they're incredible! I've got a few XL8Rs but the vigreux is on a whole other level. Kind of makes me want to get some lab glass for a setup like this lol https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Vigreux_column_lab.jpg

canadianvapelife

before you buy a button, you can short across the screw posts on the button and see if you get heat at all. if not i would check the screw with the wire on it that goes to the top where your thumbscrew is, sometimes it loosens up from the thumbscrew usage and then the wire at the bottom side has a bad connection. ryan did put loctite on the last ones he had but for a while they were able to loosen up so just a bit of troubleshooting to try.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by short across the screw posts

canadianvapelife,

androponic

vaped.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by short across the screw posts
take off the bottom plate and on the back of the button, the wires attach via screw terminals. you can short them with a screwdriver to test to see if the button is bad or not. if its bad you should have heat when this is done, wear some gloves if you are not the careful type.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh I wonder who won the tuncatech and spalted ZionM auctions...?

My own ZionM and CanaryMi2 arrived today and they are so beautiful!!

PXL-20210904-202032602.jpg

PXL-20210904-202205312.jpg

PXL-20210904-202325512.jpg

Photos really cannot capture the beauty, but I'll continue to try...

My original Zion beta had green glass, so it is fitting to close RBT for me with a Zion M and Canary Milaana (I also beta tested the original) with green glass!

Shit Snacks

Thanks! ZM is insane so quick with a fresh battery, but the Milaana is also working well after burn offs, started with that while the pair of batteries charged, 4.10v battery so not super fast but a nice session through O'Connell inception hook (wood's so soft!)
PXL-20210904-232406676.jpg

Photos really cannot capture the beauty, but I'll continue to try...
They really can't and yours looks amazing in the photos, but I can imagine how much better it looks in person! I'm really liking the green glass in yours, and the matching cap does make it pop so much more.

Oh I wonder who won the tuncatech and spalted ZionM auctions...?
Not sure about the tuncatech but I ended up getting the spalted Zion M. That hasn't arrived yet but I did receive the walnut Mi2s from auctions 6 & 9. While I haven't had a chance to try them out, both look fantastic

canadianvapelife

They really can't and yours looks amazing in the photos, but I can imagine how much better it looks in person! I'm really liking the green glass in yours, and the matching cap does make it pop so much more.

Not sure about the tuncatech but I ended up getting the spalted Zion M. That hasn't arrived yet but I did receive the walnut Mi2s from auctions 6 & 9. While I haven't had a chance to try them out, both look fantastic
I'm jealous you got that one with the wavy grain. Enjoy she's a beauty!

Pasoa2020

I’ve got an Mi3 coming in on Tuesday. Are the stock stems decent at cooling? Any stems recommended that are better?

for using with a water piece does it come with a wpa or would I need one?

Shit Snacks

I’ve got an Mi3 coming in on Tuesday. Are the stock stems decent at cooling? Any stems recommended that are better?

Nice! No the stock stems offer zero cooling, they are plain short stems, great for feeling the heat and vapor and tasting the herb, perfect for learning to control Milaana and how it heats up though I never use them anymore myself (just backwards as WPA in my TM) if you can find xl8r stems those are better, but I think even better would be to get vigreux cooling stems from @508phineas on Instagram btw

for using with a water piece does it come with a wpa or would I need one?

No it does not come with one, and it is actually pretty tough to find one, Mi3 glass is 19/19 so to get a proper WPA you will need to order a custom male to male adapter where the joint is cut down to 19mm length... Possible some 19/22 joints could fit, which is more standard, with variance in glass, however it is risky need to make sure proper fit...

Alternatively you could do a Delta 3D SonG adapter or other such silicone adapter, or other mods to connect standard stems to other glass.

Top Bottom