Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

So the charge time is dependent on the batteries levels as well as the output of the charger. I have a 2.0 amp charger and it takes about an hour or so to charge from 3.5v. I use a voltmeter to check the volts during session to check charge. I usually stop using and charge when the reading is below 4v. All of my RBT units start to drag once in the 3v range. The amount of sessions is hard to calculate...I would say 5, but I use massive bowls so idk for certain.:shrug:
Thank you for your reply Ziliacon, the batteries were empty. If that is the correct term, it took about five hours to charge at 300 low and about four hours on 500 cc. I’ll have to research to find how many amps the Nitecoer D2 has. Once again thank you for your time and patience with a newbie.

Polyphone

Thank you for your reply Ziliacon, the batteries were empty. If that is the correct term, it took about five hours to charge at 300 low and about four hours on 500 cc. I’ll have to research to find how many amps the Nitecoer D2 has. Once again thank you for your time and patience with a newbie.
Took 4 hours for my nitecore to charge the same batteries.

#226 arrived today. Looks great! Way smaller than I expected based on photos.

WFH today and pretty busy. Just had time to cycle the heater to burn off and just one test hit…for science!

Initial impressions-it’s quite handy, well made, it works and I’ll need some more practice lol.

Very different experience than my ff2+, that’s for sure. Realized mid hit what it really means to be totally on your own here. Very much a manual drive device, like an early 70’s two seater wood steering wheel kind of manual shift.

I was kinda surprised by how much heat I could feel in hand.

Oh, and it hits like a mf’ing truck

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice! Great to see new users in here again now... PSA less than 23 hours left on the current Mi2 auctions (two walnut/sapele are at $250, mystery exotic (maybe sapele?) at $300, walnut tuncatech and multi-wood are above $350, don't forget the spalted ZionM, that and the tuncatech go til 8/31 for Bob!)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

So, if I have a 3 do I need a 2…?

Well you only just got your 3, that is debatable, how much are you liking it?? The 2 is a bit tamer, more forgiving holding down the button, may need a little preheat, maybe more consistent performance fresh to low battery?? Since you are always holding the button longer there generally...

The form factor is different, the Milaana II is the smallest, taller than the 3 yet thinner on all sides, but fully rectangular without rounded side opposite the button... They have air intake in the same place like the 3 however it is a slightly different size hole, they also use mica insulator plate between the fold in the steel mesh heater instead of the ceramic insulator plate that the 3 uses (which is the same as the V Splinters nearly all made in China) and there are many other parts and material differences between the 2 and the 3 (like bronze or brass for the battery hatch plate) so all of this can lead to subtle differences in the vapor quality signature experience!

Connoisseur level shit, the way the heater is tuned and built, the materials used, not to mention the fact that the 2 were assembled by hand by Ryan closer to the old days (not 100% sure about the bodies, I think they were made differently than the original Milaana, certainly were easier to churn out in that square shape and get a wide variety of exotic woods)

For me a huge part of it though, is the superficial aspect, the colored glass and the exotic woods, these are the final reserved units with some of the best grain as well! If that sort of thing appeals to you, because I will say compared to the older walnut sapele bottom Milaana II I have now I actually prefer my Milaana3 performance vapor quality wise... I am going to have a new 2 from these last batch though, so we will see if I feel the same way, each one can be different really!

So not just superficial, the experience overall including performance and appearance, just makes each one unique, particularly when they are handmade like this... If you can afford it and you are a fan, well you can see why many of us here have so many of these! Certainly do not need it, many of us enjoy the collection though...

One final thing, Milaana3 uses the more customized 19/19 glass joint connection, whereas Milaana II uses the more standard 19/22 glass joint connection size (the second number refers to the length of the joint, often you will see 19/26 and those will not fit, and there is a lot of variance in glass stem joint connection anyway so you never know what could fit properly, need to be careful testing them, because you don't want to put any strain on the heater screen to risk potential damage... The first number, is sometime referred to as 18mm or 19mm and is technically 18.8mm) like the old RBT vapes, including the OG Zion and Milaana, new ZionM and actually all SplinterZ btw, used the 19/22 so yeah there is just a lot of benefit for a lot of us here for stem compatibility etc.

Took 4 hours for my nitecore to charge the same batteries.

#226 arrived today. Looks great! Way smaller than I expected based on photos.

WFH today and pretty busy. Just had time to cycle the heater to burn off and just one test hit…for science!

Initial impressions-it’s quite handy, well made, it works and I’ll need some more practice lol.

Very different experience than my ff2+, that’s for sure. Realized mid hit what it really means to be totally on your own here. Very much a manual drive device, like an early 70’s two seater wood steering wheel kind of manual shift.

I was kinda surprised by how much heat I could feel in hand.

Oh, and it hits like a mf’ing truck
Yes that’s what it took on 500 CC.

Bad form of me, I have #228 of 300.

I forgot to do a burn off and had an oily taste, and very little vapor. Did get a buzz though.

It s going to time for me to acclimate to be able to enjoy the Mi3.

And that’s all I got to say about that.

Polyphone

Well you only just got your 3, that is debatable, how much are you liking it?? The 2 is a bit tamer, more forgiving holding down the button, may need a little preheat, maybe more consistent performance fresh to low battery?? Since you are always holding the button longer there generally...

The form factor is different, the Milaana II is the smallest, taller than the 3 yet thinner on all sides, but fully rectangular without rounded side opposite the button... They have air intake in the same place like the 3 however it is a slightly different size hole, they also use mica insulator plate between the fold in the steel mesh heater instead of the ceramic insulator plate that the 3 uses (which is the same as the V Splinters nearly all made in China) and there are many other parts and material differences between the 2 and the 3 (like bronze or brass for the battery hatch plate) so all of this can lead to subtle differences in the vapor quality signature experience!

Connoisseur level shit, the way the heater is tuned and built, the materials used, not to mention the fact that the 2 were assembled by hand by Ryan closer to the old days (not 100% sure about the bodies, I think they were made differently than the original Milaana, certainly were easier to churn out in that square shape and get a wide variety of exotic woods)

For me a huge part of it though, is the superficial aspect, the colored glass and the exotic woods, these are the final reserved units with some of the best grain as well! If that sort of thing appeals to you, because I will say compared to the older walnut sapele bottom Milaana II I have now I actually prefer my Milaana3 performance vapor quality wise... I am going to have a new 2 from these last batch though, so we will see if I feel the same way, each one can be different really!

So not just superficial, the experience overall including performance and appearance, just makes each one unique, particularly when they are handmade like this... If you can afford it and you are a fan, well you can see why many of us here have so many of these! Certainly do not need it, many of us enjoy the collection though...

One final thing, Milaana3 uses the more customized 19/19 glass joint connection, whereas Milaana II uses the more standard 19/22 glass joint connection size (the second number refers to the length of the joint, often you will see 19/26 and those will not fit, and there is a lot of variance in glass stem joint connection anyway so you never know what could fit properly, need to be careful testing them, because you don't want to put any strain on the heater screen to risk potential damage... The first number, is sometime referred to as 18mm or 19mm and is technically 18.8mm) like the old RBT vapes, including the OG Zion and Milaana, new ZionM and actually all SplinterZ btw, used the 19/22 so yeah there is just a lot of benefit for a lot of us here for stem compatibility etc.
Huge thanks! If I’m reading this correctly, and I believe I am, that’s a definitive yes.

After I put my kids to bed last night I pulled out the Mi3 and gave it a run.

I wouldn’t say I’m getting a handle on this device yet but I know enough now to realize how little I know that’s pretty exciting progress lol.

This is the Matthew McConaughey of portable vapes. This is the vape you pull out when you find yourself in a nude drum circle and it’s time for your solo.

Maybe it’s not quite that far out…may be it’s more zen like, sort of a soul surfers vape.

Whatever it is (or is not) we were definitely vibing! Trying to get a handle on how to milaana the button and the carb, I found myself holding it in both hands like a clarinet…fluttering above and below…it was definitely an interesting experience.

I can see the Snacks and Bossman sides of this coin and believe both perspectives are equally correct.

This will take some work to get sorted but it’s a fun undertaking and I’m a patient dude.

BakedDiogenes

Nice! Great to see new users in here again now... PSA less than 23 hours left on the current Mi2 auctions (two walnut/sapele are at $250, mystery exotic (maybe sapele?) at $300, walnut tuncatech and multi-wood are above $350, don't forget the spalted ZionM, that and the tuncatech go til 8/31 for Bob!)
I just fought like hell to get mine. I knew someone would try and outbid the last minute, but I think I won.

Shit Snacks

The walnut/zebra wood with cobalt glass.
Just checked again and the dude I was bidding against may have slipped in a higher bid in time… not sure how that’s determined, but it is what it is.
The waves on that walnut, though, are stunning!

Ah that was the one I threw a bid out on too, the starting bid was too low, needed a minimum of 300 so at least I helped get it there... I certainly don't need it, but the grain of the walnut and zebra was too good to ignore with that cobalt glass... Fortunately I've got a canary wood one coming to me anyway!

Oh well, yeah it does seem like you two were in a bidding war, and the winning one is $330 put in just before noon?? And that same person bid $265 on one of the walnut sapele (the other one went for 250 and so did the mystery exotic go for 300, both first bids) so if that person was not you, maybe you can message them and try to work something out since they actually won two units it seems...??

The final multi wood exotic went for $400, and don't forget the tuncatech is still going until 8/31 with the spalted ZionM, Plus there will be one final auction with a few more Milaana II (at least two more walnut with zebra wood cap seen in the screenshots I shared here teased on IG...)

BakedDiogenes

Ah that was the one I threw a bid out on too, the starting bid was too low, needed a minimum of 300 so at least I helped get it there... I certainly don't need it, but the grain of the walnut and zebra was too good to ignore with that cobalt glass... Fortunately I've got a canary wood one coming to me anyway!

Oh well, yeah it does seem like you two were in a bidding war, and the winning one is $330 put in just before noon?? And that same person bid $265 on one of the walnut sapele (the other one went for 250 and so did the mystery exotic go for 300, both first bids) so if that person was not you, maybe you can message them and try to work something out since they actually won two units it seems...??

The final multi wood exotic went for $400, and don't forget the tuncatech is still going until 8/31 with the spalted ZionM, Plus there will be one final auction with a few more Milaana II (at least two more walnut with zebra wood cap seen in the screenshots I shared here teased on IG...)
Yea, he snuck in that $330 bid right after mine at 11:59:59.

Ripstar

Hey guys! That was me who got the 2. I was bidding for my best bud Joe who doesn't use social media and was with me at the time. I am stoked for him as he is beginning his vas collection and he has loved my Mi2. His was the walnut sapele. I got the zebra!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Huge thanks! If I’m reading this correctly, and I believe I am, that’s a definitive yes.

I wouldn’t say I’m getting a handle on this device yet but I know enough now to realize how little I know that’s pretty exciting progress lol.

This is the Matthew McConaughey of portable vapes. This is the vape you pull out when you find yourself in a nude drum circle and it’s time for your solo.

Maybe it’s not quite that far out…may be it’s more zen like, sort of a soul surfers vape.

Whatever it is (or is not) we were definitely vibing! Trying to get a handle on how to milaana the button and the carb, I found myself holding it in both hands like a clarinet…fluttering above and below…it was definitely an interesting experience.

I can see the Snacks and Bossman sides of this coin and believe both perspectives are equally correct.

This will take some work to get sorted but it’s a fun undertaking and I’m a patient dude.
You had me at nekkid drum circle.......😆

Razhumikin

Just a note, i never touch the air intake hole on my mi3. It gets hot enough already so that will just increase your risk of combustion. Just feather the button, its simpler and youll likely get better results!

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I found that starter puffs at the beginning followed by a slow draw with patience for later in the draw and then feeling the vapor development worked for me as the signal to back off on the button for a few seconds.
The hole is not a carb, it is the only air intake and you don't need to cover it.
The modulation is the part to pay close attention to while you are getting acclimated, and it sounds like you are beginning to get that. It is easier at first to feel your way along with a regular, standard stem that lets you feel the heat more than a cooling stem. With Splinter, I rotate the stem a quarter turn between hits to even out hot-spotting.

Okay, here goes... first let me start by saying, this the first vape that requires 18560 batteries. Being the newbie that I am, I installed the battery in upside down. Positive top up against the brass plate in to the Mi3, in my defense, I read this review https://vapingdaily.com/vaporizers/best-portable-vaporizers/milaana-vaporizer-review/ from vaporizer review and in the photos the battery was installed postive side up.

The results were very disappointing to say the least. No need for me to elaborate, as y’all know how it went. Anyhoo, if you have time to click the link, you’ll understand why they gave the Mi3 such a bad review in regard to vapor production. I know that I was very disappointed with my first night attempt to get good vapor.

Thanks to our vapor guru Snacks. I reach out to him to confirm that I had the battery in wrong And he did so. I have now gotten a taste of what the Mi3 can do. It’s all on me now that I got the battery in correctly.

I am still having trouble with the right amount of pulsing and regulating my breathing. So far, with one bowl, I may get a couple of tasty light vapor hit and one very dense strong hit. I mean, like nice think cloud too much for me to handle type of hit, then the load is cashed out.

I like to micro dose and until I get learn how to regulate my breathe and pulse the button correctly, I am dam near afraid to load the Mi3. I’ve had three great big hits that left me out of control. I’d love to get it down to at least 3~5 nice micro dose hits out of one bowl. But, I digress. Practice makes perfect so the saying goes.

edit; Snack’s did say that the battery can be loaded in either direction. So, it’s all on me to learn how to pulse button and regulating my breath correctly.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Okay, here goes... first let me start by saying, this the first the vape that requires 18560 batteries. Being the newbie that I am, I installed the battery in upside down. Positive top up against the brass plate in to the Mi3, in my defense, I read this review https://vapingdaily.com/vaporizers/best-portable-vaporizers/milaana-vaporizer-review/ from vaporizer review and in the photos the battery was installed postive side up.

The results were very disappointing to say the least. No need for me to elaborate, as y’all know how it went. Anyhoo, if you have time to click the link, you’ll understand why they gave the Mi3 such a bad review in regard to vapor production. I know that I was very disappointed with my first night attempt to get good vapor.

Thanks to our vapor guru Snacks. I reach out to him to confirm that I had the battery in wrong And he did so. I have now gotten a taste of what the Mi3 can do. It’s all on me now that I got the battery in correctly.

I am still having trouble with the right amount of pulsing and regulating my breathing. So far, with one bowl, I may get a couple of tasty light vapor hit and one very dense strong hit. I mean, like nice think cloud too much for me to handle type of hit, then the load is cashed out.

I like to micro dose and until I get learn how to regulate my breathe and pulse the button correctly, I am dam near afraid to load the Mi3. I’ve had three great big hits that left me out of control. I’d love to get it down to at least 3~5 nice micro dose hits out of one bowl. But, I digress. Practice makes perfect so the saying goes.
I load my battery both ways and have never had any problems....

Okay, here goes... first let me start with, this the first the vape that requires 18560 batteries.
I load my battery both ways and have never had any problems....
Thank you for chiming in with this important information Razhumkin. As I said, I am totally out of my element with on demand vapes and batteries. That said, I guess I just need to learn how to pulse the button and regulate my breath. :leaf:

Top Bottom