• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

nobilo

Just got my walnut PD in yesterday. I think Tom said he wasn't going to work with this wood anymore, but if you ever get the chance to get a custom unit from him, don't let it go by! It's a smaller diameter than the standard PD so it works well with smaller hands and gets a little warmer to the touch. I just sent my Cherry unit in for repair or I would have had side-by-side photos, but the difference between these handmade units is significant. Every PD is truly unique! Here's some pics:
That is one sexy PD Sticks....looks like Tom really outdid himself with that one. Hope you are cherishing it and enjoying its majestic beauty.

nobilo,

Purple-Days

I can't take credit for something Mother Nature took dozens of years to create. It is a beauty. Always fun to see something like that.

On another note, I can take credit for screwing up on Sticks original cherry unit. Sawed the leather bottom off, then on to the drill press where I drilled out the hardwood bottom. Holy crap, I entirely missed a solder joint, The wire was through the hole and had been twisted, but no solder. I'm surprised it worked at all, and surprised that it quit too. The wire was still looped through the hole but had managed to become out of contact. Not a half millimeter of play and the thing was perfectly 'not touching'. Anyway a quick solder and heat test , then a new hardwood bottom and leather. Back on the road to Sticks house. The good news is I 'plink' test everything as a QC check, have for quite a while, but this unit was before that check. That non soldered joint would have made a clunk, not a musical plink. QC is always a developing process,

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's hilarious, Tom! Thanks for taking care of it so quickly. I Priority mailed it to you on Friday and I will probably have it back here on Thursday. The walnut you shipped me took less than 48 hours...and you can't get no further apart than us on the mainland US!

Did you find my adapter to be broken as well?

stickstones,

Searching420

Hey Tom...and everybody.
I wanted to introduce myself as it's my first post on this forum, or on any forum ever...(I can't even figure out how to change the title under my name, I'm not a vaporist YET. heh heh)... I've been looking at a lot of vapes lately trying to find the best setup for me and I just have to give a round of applause for the backyard inventor and small business owner everyone!!!! (big businesses are choking the life out of america...like walmart :mad:). Unlike some of the posters in here I'm a big believer in QUALITY vs quantity and instant gratification. I wanted to commend you for not mass producing the PD and sacrificing the quality just to make some money as others have suggested you do. You obviously make them with love and care and anyone who doesn't have the forbearance to wait for a handmade product like yours, built by a guy like you, obviously doesn't understand the concept and doesn't deserve one of these beautiful vaporizers in the first place!!!!
Ok, that said, just wanted to let you know as of Monday I'm on the waiting list...(and according to the confirm email I got from vapenow at 4:22 I think I ordered it at 4:20pm, wasn't paying attention to the clock which I thought was cool :lol:). My order #2003!
Whenever you get to it, it would be cool to see mine in the process of being built, I don't know if you could take some pics for me or not (like of you carving it and stuff like that) but that would be really cool to see!!!!
I hope you and pam enjoy working in that new shop, helps when you know where everything is:D

Searching420,

ILoveRadiohead!

^^^Welcome to the forum Searching^^^

Congratulations on your decision, It sounds like you're going to love your PD and vaporizing in general. Good things do come to those who wait. ;)

ILoveRadiohead!,

Purple-Days

Thanks for the kind words, Searching, and welcome to the forum. The camera is down right now, but when it is back up I will try to get some pics of the shop and maybe a few more of the work in progress. (Note to Searching, you can't change your 'title' till after a certain number of posts... and you need a space before and after using a smiley ;) )

Yep, Sticks, I was all... WTF have I done? Had to walk it in to Pammy and show her. Rrrrr.... I hate screwing up, but stuff does happen. That's why there are lots of QC checks.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Here's a "Purple Days Experience" -

Something really funny just happened. The woman who cleans my apartment once or twice a month, Gloria, is here now. I had been noticing a problem on my bed recently, like dust particles on the blanket that I couldn't get rid of. I thought it was paint dust falling. I asked her to take a look at it. Within one second she figured it out - it was my pillows. She told me I had to throw them out. I told her I would have never thought of this - that I was going to search on the internet.
She pointed to her head and in broken English said - "you have to think, the internet is HERE!"

Thank God there are people who never use Purple Days vaporizers....

jeffp,

owin

jeffp said:
Here's a "Purple Days Experience" -

Something really funny just happened. The woman who cleans my apartment once or twice a month, Gloria, is here now. I had been noticing a problem on my bed recently, like dust particles on the blanket that I couldn't get rid of. I thought it was paint dust falling. I asked her to take a look at it. Within one second she figured it out - it was my pillows. She told me I had to throw them out. I told her I would have never thought of this - that I was going to search on the internet.
She pointed to her head and in broken English said - "you have to think, the internet is HERE!"

Thank God there are people who never use Purple Days vaporizers....
I couldn't help but laugh at this. :lol:

owin,

Durden

I am Jack's title
So I was looking for a 14mm glass piece to use with my PD when it arrives, and I found a pipe called the Helix that looks like it would pair up nicely with the PD. It has an air twisting design that I really like in the bongs I've used it in, and with a 14mm joint seems like it would fit the PD stems perfectly without changing the way the PD is used. I'm not sure if this pipe is even useful but I thought I'd show it here and see what people's reaction is.

This is the video I found on it, there are some pictures floating around but no site that is selling it online yet.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=45605815
Edit: The guy talks a lot, but he shows the unit in action a little after 2:20.

Durden,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am on waiting list at 2017. Looking forward to something a little more conservative than my E or VapeBro's. I like my LB on the road, i think the PD will fill the gap as nice for keif, conservative, grazing, portability, ect. I'm stoked. If anyone who was on the waiting list get's theirs in give us a shout. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Referring to the above story, thank God I can resume searching all things vaporizer on the internet, rather than "cheap paint" "paint dust" "health hazard."

jeffp,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have seen several videos of people hooking their PD's up to various glass directly. It looks as though the stem hooks directly into either a 14mm or 18mm glass. Is this true? I can't find this info anythwhere? Sorry, i tried search also.

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Hennessy. Don't remember reading that, and i read the entire tips and tricks section. I wish it was 18mm because my Purps glass has never been combusted out of, i use it for my E and VapeBros. But i do have a 14mm Delta 9 also, could clean it again while waiting for my PD. Can't imagine using it much anyway, only if i wanted 1 or 2 rips. could come in hand sometimes. Do you need to be careful in holding onto and securing the PD while inserted into slide? I'd imagine it weighs plenty enough to make people proceed with caution. thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
it can still fit an 18 joint with a lil medical tape ;)....they also sell those cool bushing adapters so you don't have to deal with tape. (18.8---->14) If you dont know what I'm tlking about its simply a glass reducer that fits an 18.8 joint and reduces to a 14 joint.

Do you need to be careful in holding onto and securing the PD while inserted into slide? I'd imagine it weighs plenty enough to make people proceed with caution. thanks.
Every time a new person hits my inline with the PD I keep telling them over and over, "grip the wood...dont let it just sit there" that way the ;pd; cant be sloshed around and possibly crack your GONG joint. Also that way you can spin the pd while you hit it. this cooks the bowl more evenly :cool:

Just remember...grip the grain. Its in your control :)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
great tip on the spin. I can't imagine it will be something i will do every day. but, im thinking it would be nice to just take one or two glass rips on demand, and not worry about packing as much as I usually do in my extreme. I was trying to be conservative yesterday (day off) but still went through about 1.5g's of yesterday. From what i understand, this might be 50+ PD bowls. Hopefully, it'll help me conserve.

its so different from smoke. I keep vaping not cause i truly need a further lift, but because it's so damn enjoyable. With smoke, after all day, i wouldn't want any more.

IAmKrazy2,

owin

You will definitely conserve with the PD. Can get 2-4 really good hits on a bong depending on your grind and weed. Used to go through almost a quarter a week by myself. Now I can almost stretch an 8th to 2 weeks using the PD.

owin,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Owin. Was that jump from another Vape, or from smoking? I already have an E VapeBro and FB. Just wondering. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

owin

IAmKrazy2 said:
Owin. Was that jump from another Vape, or from smoking? I already have an E VapeBro and FB. Just wondering. Thanks.
Both kinda. When I first got my Da Buddha my efficiency went up for like 2 days then I went back to consuming about the same amount as smoking. But yeah I was referring to the jump from DBV to PD.

owin,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It also appears that I can hook any standard whip tubing directly to the PD. :D This makes me happy as I can use a whip or more likely just use tubing and then a E elbow to hook directly into my big Purps Vape Glass with 18mm. Ahhhh, shall be swell. Would have never thought I would have spent damn near $1000 in total Vape's + Accessories. Oh well, makes me :p :ko:

IAmKrazy2,

dankity

now that the waitlist is in action. anybody know how long the waitlist is? as in how many people are on it? anybody seen how long it it taking?

dankity,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I too spent ~$1000 AUD on vapes ($600 SSV, $300 PD, $100 VG) within 2 - 3 weeks.

The PD itself has paid for all 3 in a little over a month :D It's like a domino effect IMO... it's very effecient, so you vape less... the less you vape, the less you need to vape.

My usage is getting smaller and smaller since the day I got it, I'm not vaping myself retarded or getting zonked, I seem to have leveled out at ~5 bowls a day... massive difference from someone that was smoking ~1.5g a day. I'm not sure if I'm tricking myself into thinking I'm as high as when I was burning down 1.5g a day, but regardless I'm still getting vaped and the negative side effects are directly proportional to the amount consumed so @ 0.2g or so a day my mind is reasonably clear, appetite is strong and lungs are :D

Any aussies know where to get ISO? All my tubes are clogged to the max.

My vaporbrothers GG adaptor will be arriving in a few days, I'll be sure to post a pic/review of my new setup

PD stem -> SSV tubing (1/2 foot - 1 foot) -> GG adaptor -> Roor

This should allow me to hit my bong, then pull out the GG to clear it... stick GG back in, repeat (2-3 times)... all the while the PD is sitting upright/handsfree with the vapor stem.

It's fool proof! The only negative I can see so far VS. upside down PD method is the extra condensation in the tubing, but I hit my PD normally with 2 foot of tubing so I'm not stressed. Also got to make sure I don't pull my PD off the desk :ninja:

Chubba,
Top Bottom