Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

gday chubba ive seen small bottles of iso at electrical supply stores- dick smith etc not cheap. . I Cant be bothered reclaiming vape poo so i just use metho and rock salt then vinegar then hot water and detergent- sparkling PD stems and glass!

thevapedcrusader,

darcey

Chubba said:
I too spent ~$1000 AUD on vapes ($600 SSV, $300 PD, $100 VG) within 2 - 3 weeks.
Any aussies know where to get ISO? All my tubes are clogged to the max.
Shoot into any Dick Smith store mate and look for ISO-PRO...comes in a 250ml pump bottle and is 99.7% pure Isopropyl Alcohol :D Costs $8 per bottle

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4a319fc50e5e23ca273fc0a87e0106c0/Product/View/N0049

edit: just found this place too...sells in 500ml, 1 litre, 5 litre and 20 litre

http://www.amcsupplies.com.au/catalogue/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=24_360

darcey,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
TylerDurden said:
I plan to use an extreme elbow and tubing to attach the PD to my glass as well. Don't feel too bad IAmKrazy, after purchasing the PD on waitlist I've spent over $1100 on vaporizers in the last 2 months :whoa: , so you're not alone. Luckily, even without the PD I've saved around $500 on material in that same time frame. :cool:
Please go to the availability thread to update the status. They want to know your order number and when you got your PD.

stickstones,

Durden

I am Jack's title
stickstones said:
TylerDurden said:
I plan to use an extreme elbow and tubing to attach the PD to my glass as well. Don't feel too bad IAmKrazy, after purchasing the PD on waitlist I've spent over $1100 on vaporizers in the last 2 months :whoa: , so you're not alone. Luckily, even without the PD I've saved around $500 on material in that same time frame. :cool:
Please go to the availability thread to update the status. They want to know your order number and when you got your PD.
Sadly I haven't gotten mine yet, (or has anyone else so far I believe) just talking about what I'm planning on doing. They charge you at the time when you sign up for the waiting list though, so the money is already spent. Believe me, I'll post in the thread asap when I get a shipping confirmation and/or delivery, since I was the person who started that idea ;)

Durden,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
they shouldn't make the charge until within 24 hours of shipping ... that's the law in my state banking system. at least, that's what i had to agree to.

Hippie Dickie,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Shoot into any Dick Smith store mate and look for ISO-PRO...comes in a 250ml pump bottle and is 99.7% pure Isopropyl Alcohol biggrin Costs $8 per bottle
Badass! DSE is only 5 minutes from me.

So how would I clean the screens?

Pour enough in a glass and then stick the tubes metal end down into the solution? How long for?

What do I do with the solution afterwards?

Chubba,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Just got my ash p.d. And was using it today and I'm just wondering the joint doesn't seem to seal very well the little metal end of the straw and the heater element it like rocks up and down is it supposed to be that loose?

malawigold,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
It's not a tight seal.

You should be able to wiggle the stem from side to side with ease.

Chubba,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm gonna post some more on the $ spent in lounge or something, don't want to get too off topic.

IAmKrazy2,

darcey

Chubba said:
Shoot into any Dick Smith store mate and look for ISO-PRO...comes in a 250ml pump bottle and is 99.7% pure Isopropyl Alcohol biggrin Costs $8 per bottle
Badass! DSE is only 5 minutes from me.

So how would I clean the screens?

Pour enough in a glass and then stick the tubes metal end down into the solution? How long for?

What do I do with the solution afterwards?
I use the purple bottle that came wth the PD to clean my stems...Just drop the stem in, fill about half way with Iso and shake for a min or so. If they are really clogged then just leave to soak over night

The left over Iso solution is rich in honey oil and is worth keeping...Pour the solution into a pyrex dish and slowly heat (double boiler is best) until the Iso has evaporated. I usually I save my left over solution and add it to my Iso hash batches...

darcey,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Pyrex is basically laboratory/food grade glass. They are heat safe, nonporous, and don't scratch easily which make them ideal for storing pretty much anything you plan on ingesting. They come in all shapes and sizes from baking and pie pans to measuring cup size.

Durden,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
you can normally find Pyrex brand cooking dishes anywhere... I have several for evaporating my ISO.

DevoTheStrange,

darcey

graywulf - Yes mate, just a glass heat proof dish...Find the glass is easier to see the oil when scraping it up :D

darcey,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Rarrrrrrrr

My Vaporbrothers ground glass H20 adaptor arrived yesterday.

My Roor.de 3.2mm Little Sista arrived today.

PD is warming up atm, going to test it out then post some pics, this may be the end of upside down PD's :D

This idea has been brewing in my head for weeks, I have high hopes.

Chubba,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
:ninja:

vape.jpg

Chubba,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Looks excellent, I was planning to do the same thing with my roor as well so I'm anxious as to what you think with the larger volume.
How do you like the straight GonG connector piece? I see them in shops around here but I've always stuck with the elbow models (with a 90 - 135 degree angle).

Durden,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
that totally looks awesome..... can't wait too get all the right equipment water cool my stuff... right now everything is just kind of crap quality and totally McGuyver'd together

DevoTheStrange,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you know, just sitting here and thinking about it, i think larger volume is very significant in vapor production. i use two different test tubes as a "whip" one is 13mm x 4" and the other is 16mm x 6".

The 16mm tube fills up with a very milky looking vapor - it looks like a vapor shooter. i can roll it around in the tube. It looks like a glass cigar filled with vapor. i should take some pictures.

Hippie Dickie,

duh

Hippie Dickie said:
you know, just sitting here and thinking about it, i think larger volume is very significant in vapor production. i use two different test tubes as a "whip" one is 13mm x 4" and the other is 16mm x 6".

The 16mm tube fills up with a very milky looking vapor - it looks like a vapor shooter. i can roll it around in the tube. It looks like a glass cigar filled with vapor. i should take some pictures.
I'm sorry HD, but visible vapor != :ko:.

Just because you see/don't see vapor has nothing to do w/the effects.

Visibility is simply a product of temperature changes in the cloud. Think brownian movement of cream in a coffee cup only w/cream that is coffee colored. How could you tell the difference between the cream and coffee if they are both the same color?

Larger volume while increasing overall vapor production also is going to decrease efficiency as you loose quality vapor in the longer path. Might be worth the trade-off, depends on your needs/taste.

I personally only grab the 'wand/whip' when I find some particular material is going a little hot for comfort.

Still thinking about adding the GonG and ROOR or EHLE but once the tube lengths arrived, I've been content w/what I've got. :)

duh,

duh

As a first for any thread I'm sure, I have just been invited by a collective here in SoCal to demonstrate the PD's efficiency. Apparently, V is king and they have also used the VB. Here is the quote, "also, we've gotten tremendous feedback by other vaporizer connoisseurs that the Volcano is superior to all different vaporizers, bar none."

Should I take them up on their 'demo' challenge? As it's from a collective, they will likely 'sponsor' it. ;)

duh,

lwien

duh said:
Should I take them up on their 'demo' challenge? As it's from a collective, they will likely 'sponsor' it. ;)
Sure, why not. Nothing to lose, eh? and it could be kinda fun.

lwien,

Beezleb

duh said:
As a first for any thread I'm sure, I have just been invited by a collective here in SoCal to demonstrate the PD's efficiency. Apparently, V is king and they have also used the VB. Here is the quote, "also, we've gotten tremendous feedback by other vaporizer connoisseurs that the Volcano is superior to all different vaporizers, bar none."

My only concern would be that they cannot easily get a PD at this point, I would wait to showcase the pd until supply and demand issues settle down.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
Why not? It does sound like somewhat of an uphill climb though- "the Volcano is superior to all different vaporizers, bar none." This is what we see many times with this vape- a combination of justifying the purchase price, and the fact that most 'cano buyers haven't given other vapes a decent try, or used another type at all. I see few reports (if any) of people trying various good quality, name brand vapes, being dissatisfied, and finding nirvana with a Volcano. I know one guy on another forum (has posted here a time or two as well) who has had a long time love affair with his 'cano, but now loves his PD at least as well, and considers it the best purchase (for the money) he's ever made.

max,
Top Bottom