Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

has anyone had success vaporizing nndmt with the pd?
Not a good idea.

"Obtain a "freebase" airpipe such as the one illustrated below. Use with the largest funnel type bowl you can find. Insert the largest fine mesh stainless steel screen that will fit into the bowl. Then sprinkle the DMT uniformly over the center of the mesh screen. Make sure to keep the DMT away from the edges of the screen so that when it melts it does not run over the edge of the screen."
http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs.old/other/gandz/gandz.dmt.html

max,

slip

vaporizing dmt is definitely a good idea, max. separate whips for whip vapes, or a vapor genie set aside for dmt only use. specifically, i was wondering if anyone had any success with the pd. if not, no worries, i'll report back at a later date once i am an official owner.

slip,

max

Out to lunch
so that when it melts it does not run over the edge of the screen
No thanks. Not in my PD. And report back in an appropriate thread-not this one.

max,

slip

i'm sorry if i've misunderstood the topic of the thread, but is it not regarding the use of the purple days vaporizer? if so, it seems like i'm pretty on topic here. if not explain to me *exactly* and preferably *politely* where i got off track and i'll happily start another thread about it elsewhere.

in regards to the melting over the edge of the screen, when you vaporize dmt you sandwich it in with cannabis, much like you would with hash or kief.

slip,

Beezleb

I think the temperature is good enough but im not sure it would be the most user friendly and risk it melting and falling/dripping into the guts of PD.

Just off the top of my head I recommend a vape like Da Buddha, Vaporwarez and the like. Perhaps open a discussion on which type of vaporizers are best for such materials instead of concentrating on one particular vape as to limit potential ruffling of feather of those who frown on such substances.

Hope that helps some.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
i'm sorry if i've misunderstood the topic of the thread, but is it not regarding the use of the purple days vaporizer?
If it's safe to vape it with the method you describe, and vaporizes at the temp that the PD uses, then it'll work with any vape. Why would post about it here? Your topic is vaping dmt. It should be posted in the General section, not the 'vaporizer specific' section.

max,

slip

Thanks, Beezleb, that does help a bit. I'm still interested to see if anyone has given it a go with the pd, but I agree that a larger vaporizer is probably more suited to the task.

Max, take a pull and relax. My topic was a sincere question about vaporizing an as-of-yet undiscussed material *specifically with the pd*. Since my pd arrived doa, I am unable to run the experiment myself and was thinking that someone else here may have. We can still get along - if you are unable to answer the question, don't concern yourself with it. Neither of us will get any satisfaction from playing forum bully vs. the new kid.

slip,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
potential ruffling of feather of those who frown on such substances.
DMT? Who could have a problem with such an amazing substance.

If you were using the PD, I would attach a VERY short amount of tubing (enough to form a U bend) and hit the PD upside down... this is what's coming to mind... no possible chance of gunking up your PD.

Would go something like this (I'm a musician, not an artist :ninja:)

69358550.jpg

Perhaps hold the bowl slightly off the crossbar to reduce the heat.

Chubba,

slip

lwien said:
Slip, Max is a mod here.
All right, then he has a valid concern for invalid questions, which, again, I'm sure mine wasn't. If some noob came in and posted the same question about smoking weed, I'm sure max would've gruffly told him to RTFM and search first.

But whatever, I'm done with it. Chubba's insanely great artwork made any of the frustration worth it. Best thing I've seen on the internet all day.

slip,

max

Out to lunch
Max, take a pull and relax. My topic was a sincere question about vaporizing an as-of-yet undiscussed material *specifically with the pd*. Since my pd arrived doa, I am unable to run the experiment myself and was thinking that someone else here may have. We can still get along - if you are unable to answer the question, don't concern yourself with it. Neither of us will get any satisfaction from playing forum bully vs. the new kid.
Your topic, like I said, was vaping dmt, and doesn't belong in the PD thread, which is already 125 pages long, if you haven't noticed. If someone wanted info on vaping dmt, would they look in a 'model specific' thread? And if you think you were warranted in calling me a "forum bully" because I disagreed with you and told you to stay on topic, well I disagree with that too. And since name calling is considered flaming, I would watch that if I were you.

max,

Purple-Days

Something new in PD Land.

The Billy Bowls are changing. I haven't been entirely satisfied with the finish on the bowls. So we have taken over the last steps of production, getting them unfinished, and finishing them ourselves.

All Billy Bowls are now finished in the same, all natural, Buzz-Butter :buzz: that we use on our PDs. Also, when you turn a bowl or lid you use a screw to hold the piece to the faceplate. This leaves a hole. The folks who make the bowls use a foil sticker to cover the hole. Sometimes I have removed it and filled the hole with glue other times I have just left it. A new tool for cutting perfect 1" circles of leather and a 1" Forstner bit combine to make a nice inlay. No more hole or sticker. Now a Purple leather dot. pretty nice. Got a couple of Walnuts for people lately and even a Myrtlewood for a fellow who used to live in the area and liked the wood. Western Maple and Redwood in stock, the others are special orders and take a bit longer to get.

Purple-Days,

slip

nice tom, can't wait to see pics.

max said:
if you think you were warranted in calling me a "forum bully" because I disagreed with you and told you to stay on topic, well I disagree with that too. And since name calling is considered flaming, I would watch that if I were you.
hey man - i already said that i'm over it.

maybe you disapprove of dmt, which is fine. maybe you're having an off couple of days - also fine. i'm even fine with you having an arbitrary internet grudge against me personally - i know that some people get some satisfaction from having some sort of enemy.

whatever your reason, it's not that my post was off-topic, as i very clearly asked a previously unasked question about using the purple days, which, aside from a vg for portability is the only vape i plan on owning.

feel free to go through all of my whopping 32 posts and judge for yourself whether i'm the sort of inflammatory forum member that deserves your thinly veiled ban-hammer threat. if you come to the conclusion that i am, then by all means ban away, max. it's your party.

slip,

lwien

slip said:
feel free to go through all of my whopping 32 posts and judge for yourself whether i'm the sort of inflammatory forum member that deserves your thinly veiled ban-hammer threat.
Thinly veiled? I thought he was pretty out front about it.

Tom, those Billy Bowls sound pretty nice. Post up a pic, AND a pic of your new shop when ya get a chance. Love to see 'em.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
hey man - i already said that i'm over it.
Then why are you posting even more on it? I never said anything about banning. I said you were name calling/flaming, which is against the rules. Any decent forum provides warnings about infractions. And you're also the one tossing the thinly veiled stuff around, as far as more flaming.

Once again, info on vaping dmt doesn't belong in a vape specific thread or even this section. If someone is looking for info on it, why would they look here? Where's the logic? It belongs in the General section. And just to be clear, I'm not looking for a response from you or anyone else on this. The subject is officially closed.

max,

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
HOLY SHIT. He kind of was asking a PD question. hell I'd like to know if anyone's done it with their PD first just so if I tried to I'd know if it'd f it up or not. Its a PD question. But hey if its THAT BIG OF A DEAL just go make another thread. cuz you know we wannt clutter up the whole form with new threads that dont get paid attention too at all insted of just coming here where someone could actually answer the question. but what ever. Who cares. This is just a thread on the internet. WOOOOOOOO.

ANYWAY. I just got my PD in the mail today, finally got around to sitting down with it and pluggin it in. Now, I thought that the PD had a purple status light on it, I don't see a light. The PD is heating up just fine and all. But no light, is this a problem??

HeyHeyMandaKay,

duh

HeyHeyMandaKay, sarcasm aside, the light went out long ago

Wait 45 after plug in.

Fill. Try. Refill.

duh,

slip

thanks for the white knight, mandakay.

did you enjoy the pd just as much or more now that it's your own?

slip,

thepope

Hi Manda ,are you picking up on the karma I told you about? Knowing about the care and (old time) craftsnanship and love that went into your pd. Tom and Pammy are very proud and put lots of personal care into making that little beauty. Isn't it cool how it looks , feels, and works easily? I like to use it, and then unplug it and give it a good rub with buzz butter. To me it kind of lets the Genie out of it and it sort of relaxes me. Plus it brings out the real beauty of the wood .Good luck and I'm glad to see you finally got your new toy ! Persistance and patience pay off. YE HA. P.S. I really works well as a difuser with a nice essential oil (I like lilly of the valley) . If you do this , add about a third of the copper cup full of unsented candle wax with your oil (about 7 drops) because it makes the oil last longer. just scrape the wax out and clean the cup well every now and then and refill with new. Welcome to the family.

thepope,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice tip on the wax, pope. I stopped using oil because it is expensive and goes quick. Been using crumbled incense. I will give the wax thing a shot next time I break out the oils.

stickstones,
Top Bottom