Discontinued Purple-Days Vaporizer

duh

Beezleb said:
duh said:
As a first for any thread I'm sure, I have just been invited by a collective here in SoCal to demonstrate the PD's efficiency. Apparently, V is king and they have also used the VB. Here is the quote, "also, we've gotten tremendous feedback by other vaporizer connoisseurs that the Volcano is superior to all different vaporizers, bar none."

Should I take them up on their 'demo' challenge? As it's from a collective, they will likely 'sponsor' it. ;)
My only concern would be that they cannot easily get a PD at this point, I would wait to showcase the pd until supply and demand issues settle down.
I think that's fair. My dream of a PD Vapor Room will have to wait till 2010 :D

BTW - Any real vapor challenge would require multiple sessions over multiple days. Sounds like a great conference to go to. Any one want to sponsor me?

duh,

owin

duh said:
Beezleb said:
duh said:
As a first for any thread I'm sure, I have just been invited by a collective here in SoCal to demonstrate the PD's efficiency. Apparently, V is king and they have also used the VB. Here is the quote, "also, we've gotten tremendous feedback by other vaporizer connoisseurs that the Volcano is superior to all different vaporizers, bar none."

Should I take them up on their 'demo' challenge? As it's from a collective, they will likely 'sponsor' it. ;)
My only concern would be that they cannot easily get a PD at this point, I would wait to showcase the pd until supply and demand issues settle down.
I think that's fair. My dream of a PD Vapor Room will have to wait till 2010 :D

BTW - Any real vapor challenge would require multiple sessions over multiple days. Sounds like a great conference to go to. Any one want to sponsor me?
If by sponsor you mean go with you, then yes.

owin,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Looks excellent, I was planning to do the same thing with my roor as well so I'm anxious as to what you think with the larger volume.
How do you like the straight GonG connector piece? I see them in shops around here but I've always stuck with the elbow models (with a 90 - 135 degree angle).
If you got the lung power, I wouldn't stress about it.

This bong is in theory too large (especially beaker bottom) for the PD, but I got strong lungs so I can take long draws and clear the chamber comfortably. Especially with the PD, that has a restricted airflow, you have to draw much longer then you would if smoking a bowl, so definitely don't get anything larger then you're used to.

The straight GonG piece works GREAT, I should take a picture without the Roor, once you pull the H20 adaptor out it literally dangles PERFECTLY about 2 inches off the desk while you're clearing your bong/exhaling, no need to "put it down", just pull it out and let go... then put it back in for your 2nd hit. Takes a little playing around getting the right length of tubing, but once you have figured it out... it's so effortless.

The only thing I was worried about was pulling out the H20 adaptor and losing the vapor in the SSV tubing... in an ideal world, you would pull out the vapor stem (while inhaling, clear the tubing into the bong) THEN pull out the GG adaptor, but I haven't found significant vapor loss. I was also worried about the "autobaking"/"autovaping" of leaving the PD stem in... I counteract this though by trying to do the 3 bong hits (that's the amount I'm getting per PD bowl) back to back. Sometimes I get too high mid bowl though, so I just pull the stem out/the GG out and lay it down.

Or alternatively, hit the bong straight up/hands free... leaving you 2 hands to pull the stem, then the GG allowing minimum vapor loss... I did this for a few bowls, works great.

The heat is virtually non-existent now, it's like breathing cool air, this has to be the healthiest way by far in terms of lung damage... I managed to have coughing attacks off a couple of hits yesterday, so it's definitely not ruining the amount of vapor, the vapor is thinner, but the hits are larger.

All in all, the test comes down to if you get high or not.... and this shit gets you extremely BAKED :D

Chubba,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Awesome Chubba, I'll post mine when my PD gets here, though I may have to buy a new camera to do it.

As far as the vapor loss I wouldn't stress because you can always extract it later and use it again :D

And if Duh wants to, we can have a little mini conference sometime in CA :cool:, I wouldn't mind some second opinions / guinea pigs on vaping various concentrates, we could even make lwien show us where that bong lounge is :lol:

Durden,

vapesalot

I'm getting my PD in this week - I have an ok bong (its on the smaller side, but it does alright) and want to figure out how to attach these.

Why can't i just take a couple feet of food grade tubing, and put the end of the tubing into the bong like it was the stem. If the seal isn't right, i can add a little silly putty or duck tape to the bong to make the stem opening the right size for the tubing - I just load the PD bowl (upright, like normal), put the hose in my bongs stem hole, and then take a pull of the bong, pulling the hose out to clear it afterwards.

I am NO expert....what am i missing? Would this work? Why do people spend a bunch of money on special bong attachments, etc......

I've only be tokin' for 8 months so I have a lot to learn, apparently.

vapesalot,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I spend the money on nice glass because I like the glass :D
The GonG connector is the best air seal you can get, and it's nice to have all of your pieces be modular and work together with minimal effort. Glass is also much easier to take apart and clean than most custom setups. If your bong has a 14.5 glass joint then I believe the stems of the PD will fit directly into the downstem of the bong (with the PD being held upside down as you hit it) without any modding.

I've had my roor for 6 years now and I easily have as much affection for that piece of glass as I do for any cat or pet I've owned. (probably not my dog though ;) )

The hose idea sounds like it will work, might have to redo it a few times along the way, but if it works then awesome.

Durden,

owin

vapesalot said:
I'm getting my PD in this week - I have an ok bong (its on the smaller side, but it does alright) and want to figure out how to attach these.

Why can't i just take a couple feet of food grade tubing, and put the end of the tubing into the bong like it was the stem. If the seal isn't right, i can add a little silly putty or duck tape to the bong to make the stem opening the right size for the tubing - I just load the PD bowl (upright, like normal), put the hose in my bongs stem hole, and then take a pull of the bong, pulling the hose out to clear it afterwards.

I am NO expert....what am i missing? Would this work? Why do people spend a bunch of money on special bong attachments, etc......

I've only be tokin' for 8 months so I have a lot to learn, apparently.
I'm sure you could do that as long as it's airtight. I just stick the PD stem in the diffuser upside down with the PD ontop of it upside down. I like chubba's idea with the GonG adapter so he could add tubing. But I'm lazy and cheap so I go with the upside down pd with no tubing way.

owin,

Chubba

Vaporbonger

Have a look at my setup.

I do essentially the same thing, instead of sticking tubing in/out you just use the H20 adaptor on the end of the tubing to go into the downstem.

It's $9.95, ground glass, 14mm, slides in/out with ease and is 100% airtight.

The REAL beauty in this setup, which wasn't intended, is how the H20 adaptor "hangs" after you take it out... I'll get a picture, it's so god damn convenient and effortless :D

Chubba,

vapesalot

You guys are awesome....thanks so much. How do I tell how big my stem is? Where do you buy this H20 adapter?

I'll be back later - Gonna load up a bowl in my old inefficient Easy Vape....2 more days until this puppy goes in the closet. :lol:

vapesalot,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Oh god, this combo is killing me :ko::ko:

The joint on your downstem is either 14.4mm or 18.8mm I believe.

I got the Vaporbrothers H20 adaptor from Vaporwarehouse, comes in either 14mm or 19mm, it's a straight adaptor... as mentioned above, a lot of them are bent 90 degrees.

I don't know which is better, but the straight works great with the PD.

EDIT:

Pic showing how the tubing/adaptor hangs while not in use.

Simple as plugging the H20 adapt. into vape, pulling it out to clear, stem stays in for ~3 bong hits... PD never moves.

pdroor.jpg

Chubba,

vapesalot

That is a pretty sweet setup you got there. Thanks for your help!

How would you describe the hits you get off of this setup?

vapesalot,

jawsh

Hey all.

So I got my PD and i've been vaping (and combustion free!) ever since.

Anyways I love it but the vapor is rather warm/hot when it you take a hit... especially in the throat area. Can i get some suggestions on how to minimize the heat in the vapor when i take a hit? Maybe extra attachments or something? I'm sure you guys have had similar experiences so lookin forward to what you guys have done.

jawsh,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
jawsh said:
Hey all.

Anyways I love it but the vapor is rather warm/hot when it you take a hit... especially in the throat area. Can i get some suggestions on how to minimize the heat in the vapor when i take a hit? Maybe extra attachments or something? I'm sure you guys have had similar experiences so lookin forward to what you guys have done.
Their are a ton of options, you can buy some SSV sized tubing ( dont remember the dimensions but they are definatly here on FC ) and just attach any ammount you want. This sized tubing also fits into a 14mm gong joint

You can use a bong w/ a 14mm joint and the PD stem will make an airtight seal, you can also just use a 14mm downstem as a small glass extension.

My personal favorite ( i own a 250 EHLE in 14mm ) is to use the mouth bong technique, put a bit of water in your mouth and then bubble the PD stem through it, may take a bit of practice to get it to work but its really nice once you get the hang of it.

I imagine i forgot some of the other methods.

Survivalism,

The_Algebraist

jawsh said:
Hey all.

Are you hitting it straight on (ie pulling it in directly into the lungs)? If so, try the sherlock puff-puff method. Pull a bit into your mouth, then pull it down, repeat. You'll find the throat irritation will decrease quite dramtically, plus you work up major clouds. Slow, gentle puffs are best.

The_Algebraist,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
also pd stems work just fine in 12mm slider stems if you have a cheaper bong without GonG. its the larger size and will fit right in. what ive done is take one of the rubber orings on an existing slide and just throw that bad boy on the outside of the pd stem and tada! you have an air tight seal with something that will stop your stem from goin in too deep. just try and keep the bong as small as you can with the pd

minnesnowta,

HoneyAir

jawsh said:
Hey all.
After you posted, did you also notice the 2nd post before yours with a picture giving you the answer? :)

The last couple pages here have a really good discussion on this topic... :) Good luck!

HoneyAir,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Slightly thinner, signficantly larger (longer) hits with heat being non-existent.

It is extremely easy to "ghost" PD hits off this bong setup, I find myself holding hits longer and deeper without really thinking. My initial conclusion is that any vapor loss due to condensation/loss in water/whatever is made up by the ease of inhaling deeper/longer/larger... better absorption. I have found NO loss of potency, it definitely gets me as high as the stem alone or stem+tubing... whether it gets you "significantly more" high is still up in the air, my tolerance is growing everday and I can't wait to test it after a few days break.

I would recommend this setup if:
-You have decent lungs and don't mind filling them up to the brink
-You like the "science experiment" type look and proceedure (this is a hit and miss with lots of people)
-You love glass and love pulling a bong
-If the tubing extension is still too hot/dry/irritating (try this first, works wonders IMO).

I have adjusted my technique now, I pull the PD stem out while inhaling, clear the tubing THEN pull the H20 adaptor... this minimizes vapor loss but adds another step/complexity obviously, the bigger Roor (beaker bottom) easily rests on my leg hands free allowing me to fiddle around so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I enjoy it :D

Chubba,

duh

Chubba said:
Slightly thinner, signficantly larger (longer) hits with heat being non-existent.

It is extremely easy to "ghost" PD hits off this bong setup, I find myself holding hits longer and deeper without really thinking. My initial conclusion is that any vapor loss due to condensation/loss in water/whatever is made up by the ease of inhaling deeper/longer/larger... better absorption. I have found NO loss of potency, it definitely gets me as high as the stem alone or stem+tubing... whether it gets you "significantly more" high is still up in the air, my tolerance is growing everday and I can't wait to test it after a few days break.

I would recommend this setup if:
-You have decent lungs and don't mind filling them up to the brink
-You like the "science experiment" type look and proceedure (this is a hit and miss with lots of people)
-You love glass and love pulling a bong
-If the tubing extension is still too hot/dry/irritating (try this first, works wonders IMO).

I have adjusted my technique now, I pull the PD stem out while inhaling, clear the tubing THEN pull the H20 adaptor... this minimizes vapor loss but adds another step/complexity obviously, the bigger Roor (beaker bottom) easily rests on my leg hands free allowing me to fiddle around so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I enjoy it :D
Chubba, thanks for reporting back. I have sorta been waiting to see what you came back with to see if this 'work' is worth it for me.

Have you done a baseline comparison to a regular pull from the stem in between these sessions? I'm not entirely clear on the goal of the setup is - is it to get the PD to take a monster hit? or is it simply to clean the vapor through water?

To go back to jawsh's question - I have tubing but no setup and I too find it gets hot on occasion. The #1 technique I have found while vaping (and this is shown in the PD demo video) is to drink some water before your hit. Your natural tubing, as it were, is the best and cheapest way to cool vapor. :)

duh,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Chubba, thanks for reporting back. I have sorta been waiting to see what you came back with to see if this 'work' is worth it for me.

Have you done a baseline comparison to a regular pull from the stem in between these sessions? I'm not entirely clear on the goal of the setup is - is it to get the PD to take a monster hit? or is it simply to clean the vapor through water?
The original goal was to water filter the PD without moving/turning the PD upside down, no more/no less.

If you only looked at the above goal, it's been a complete success, simple and effortless setup.

I can't rip a bong at night, so I will be going back to stem+tubing for night use, this will give me a clear indicator of dry vs water filtered... I did plenty of stem vs stem+tubing and there was just no comparison for me, I could never go back to just using the stem.

All 3 (stem, stem+tubing, stem+tubing+bong) seem to produce an equivalent high, I would be flat out lying if I told you I could notice a difference in potency between them. All 3 have passed the "cough test", which is a good indicator for me. If I get enough vapor to make me have a coughing attack, that's well and truely enough to get me baked.

I'm having a little tolerance break as of today, then I'll give the new setup a fresh rip early next week :D

Was it all worth it, for me? Yeah... I love inhaling from a bong. I'm not a big toker anymore, 2 - 4 PD bowls is the max I ever get through in a day, so I don't mind sitting down and messing about with the extra tubing/adaptors/glassware... its part of the fun.

If only I put as much effort into my studies as I do vapes :ninja:

Chubba,

kalinga

Many thanks to Tom and Pam for a stealthy, beautifully crafted, built-to-last, and ultra efficient vape. Their service is both impeccable and unmatched. 1 load of vapor tube is all it takes for me to be fully medicated. :peace:

kalinga,

zik

I am very glad there is a waiting list now, if only I hadn't been so unmotivated to check everyday because I work and they sold out so fast, I would have seen it sooner :(
BUT, my oder is placed :)

zik,
Top Bottom