• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
My plenty was gathering dust on my shelf for the last few years. I saw the posts here about modding the max temperature. Id actually been thinking it was possible for a while based on the mechanism. So I took it apart (needs torx screwdriver bit) and then used a dremel to get rid of that notch inside that stops you setting the temperature any higher.

It worked a treat! Gets as hot as I want it now. I havent used it on the max setting possible, if you imagine the wheel I've been keeping it at around "8" rather than the new max of "9".

So I got in and modded mine, I just snipped the tab off with side-cutters, did not have to remove the mech to do the mod.
1659252792178-jpg.38723

I did unplug the on/off switch wires so I could remove the orange safety trigger as mine had quite a bit of reclaim build-up along with the inner shell, lots of iso and q-tips fixed it.
It has had a lot of 4g+ loads run thru it...can you tell?
1659252792190-jpg.38724

Good to see even a fouled-up, dripping with sticky goo version like mine still functioned flawlessly.
I will try some testing soon but it seems to function and heats up just fine...might start at '8' as @seatsniffer suggests. :tup:
Only now did I see that 2 more turbocharged plenty finally appeared.
So how about they behave?

ChooChooCharlie

Does the plenty have an isolated air path?

Plenty has no printed circuit boards

S&B tout its simple electromechanical design
Old school bimetallic regulated heater

See interior pics on p120 and p123
air flows past plastic, screws, jacketed wires -- but they don't get hot
If that is a concern, then "no," it's not isolated

Hello all, I just signed up to this forum, having lurked intermittently over the years. I've been a Plenty owner since late 2018 and loved the idea of it, but in practice I barely used it and kept going back to my daily driver, an OG Arizer Solo. I don't know if it was having to fill the massive chamber every time (with or without the liquid pad) I found daunting, the fact it's a bit of a weed hog, or just it being a more cumbersome unit, but I just kept using my Arizer Solo almost exclusively.

After a longer than planned tolerance break (it's ended up being over 3 years now) I'm hoping to change that. I've bought the chamber reducer and dosing caps to give me some more flexibility. I know people here are divided on whether the reducer/caps are any good with the Plenty, but I thought I'd give it a go. I even bought a nice little bamboo stash box to keep all my dosing caps and accessories in (you can see the original big chamber fits nicely under the dosing cap magazine to swap out at a moment's notice)

https://flic.kr/p/2ocFvMV https://flic.kr/p/2ocFjpm
So hopefully this time I'll persevere and get some more use out of the thing. My Solo is still going strong and has been a real workhorse. but I hope to resist the urge to use it exclusively again. I also have an itch to buy a Tinymight 2, and I hope that won't completely outshine and supersede it too.

Also, I checked and my Plenty appears to have the more desirable 'dead man's switch', so I have the option of using zipties/rubber bands if I want. :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hello all, I just signed up to this forum
Welcome to a great spot in Cyberspace.
My OG Solo worked perfectly from it's purchase as new when it first came out... until half a year ago when I had to put everything in storage. I did change the battery pack twice in all of those years.
The Plenty is a game changer though!
I never minded filling it to the brim. I was enchanted by the thick overpowering flavorful hits.
Good luck finding the pattern that suits you best using the reducers. Do let us know how it goes!

My OG Solo worked perfectly from it's purchase as new when it first came out... until half a year ago when I had to put everything in storage. I did change the battery pack twice in all of those years.
My Solo has been used pretty much morning to night every day from around 2016 to 2019/2020. In that time, the battery capacity has plummeted (not such an issue as I tend to use it near a mains socket at the computer anyway) but the biggest issue is the cable keeps breaking, and I'm too cheap to replace it! :lol:

It's been resoldered a couple of times, along with hot glue to try and stop it flexing in that problem area.

https://flic.kr/p/2ocK74j
...anything to avoid using my Plenty, apparently! :mental:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I like to fill my Plenty just past the brim, using a 24mm socket as a funnel and the brush base to tamp as much in as I can,
1652930783639-png.36954

Hard to beat roasting 3 or 4 grams at once at the new higher temps my Plenty can now reach since modding, (not mine but similar mod done),
d4483f53-8f8f-445b-aa84-2515d3ac8f2a-jpeg.36989
Can you handle all that at this temperature?? My god... I think I would die:rockon:

felvapes

I confess I only use my Plenty sporadically, but I'm curious to know if anyone who has modded it has had a problem with melting plastic?
I don't use it as much now either because I have ballers
But so far it didn't melt anything - it was the one thought I had too as to why they maybe made all the S&B vapes underpowered - possibly all the plastic didn't allow for the higher temps needed
But so far so good with the plenty

So in preparation for when I have some product to vape, I've been getting my Plenty set up. I wanted to try to address how big and ungainly it is and how it doesn't stand up on its own. It takes up a hell of a lot of room on its side, and that will not stand (hehe).

I was tempted to 3D print a stand for it, but my printer is currently out of commission and I didn't really fancy using up that much material anyway. I then remembered the suggestion by Storz & Bickel to use the brush as a sort of kickstand. Whilst I found this suggestion extremely goofy, it gave me an idea.

A couple of wooden dowels of the correct diameter later, and it now stands up on its own.

https://flic.kr/p/2oeNguW
It's far from an elegant solution, but I think it should perform fine for my purposes. Maybe one day I'll print a stand for it, but for now this is adequate.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Through this thread, I have "invented" an inverted SSV "aroma top" and other unique configurations as a stand for the Plenty. I'd like to
bring again to the forefront something that slowed me down fro this inventiveness!
@ChooChooCharlie pointed out to me that I did not need a stand, and that there are 3 rubber feet for the vape to lay on... Live and Learn!
Using the pre-built in feet and laying the Plenty on it's side also prevents heat from rising from the Heating device into your unfinished bowls... allowing reheating and total vaping efficiency, as well as eliminating the temptation to remove the top completely to prevent the heat from rising back into the un-vaped remnants.
I have made a full chamber (1.5 grams at times) last an entire afternoon!

A VTV episode of Plenty Medicated.

encoderboy

Hola all - have been lurking here since I bought my Plenty a few weeks ago, and thought I should post!

I mostly use a Crafty and a Mighty, both of which have so-so batteries at this point. The Plenty has taken a bit more figuring out of technique than the portables, but boy howdy, it sure is a flexible beast. I'm usually either using a well packed dosing capsule, with an appropriately nippled roof over it, or I'm putting a 0.5-1g load under a pad in the original chamber and using it that way. The first is nice and restricted, and feels a lot more like a slower version of the portables. The big chamber is a LOT airier, but it performs beautifully when you pack it up.

Anyway, I wanted to chime in about Vitolo's Plenty-on-it's-side thing. I'm heating mine up this way (with the chamber disconnected until it's ready). As well as the benefits he's already listed, I've noticed mine gets a good deal hotter (without any modding) if I heat it up on its side. My Plenty heats up to 220'C on '7' - at least on its side. I get it there, add the chamber, and start my session. Usually by the second pull the chamber is hot, it's golden! In normal use '7' seems to top out around 210'C FWIW (so it seems like a newer revision, I gather).

Takes up too much bench space.:2c:
This. I'm all for putting it on its side for heating up if, as encoderboy says above, it performs better, but in terms of storing it between sessions it's just not practical with my humble setup (a computer desk with speakers, keyboard, mouse and multiple backup drives taking up space).

If I vaped regularly elsewhere, say on a couch with a side table, it might be a different story.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've noticed mine gets a good deal hotter (without any modding) if I heat it up on its side. My Plenty heats up to 220'C on '7'
Later versions just had their temp gauges changed to read higher but there is no difference in abv color when finished...unless you mod it for faster extraction and keep honking on it when you should have finished.
If I vaped regularly elsewhere, say on a couch with a side table, it might be a different story.
I have plenty of bench space but I still use the modem bracket as it is just more reachable. The greatest benefit of sitting the Plenty on its side is that it cannot fall over.
I am afraid my Plenty is not getting much use lately...ball vapes have taken over the hard hitter role in my vaping set-up.

TboneToker

I like to fill my Plenty just past the brim, using a 24mm socket as a funnel and the brush base to tamp as much in as I can,
1652930783639-png.36954

Hard to beat roasting 3 or 4 grams at once at the new higher temps my Plenty can now reach since modding, (not mine but similar mod done),
d4483f53-8f8f-445b-aa84-2515d3ac8f2a-jpeg.36989
How do you mod it to go To higher temps?
does this help with vaping concentrates?

thank you

Top Bottom