• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

jerri

Thanks for the feedback. Going on a excited spending spree, I will have to sit and wait to make the purchase, but I think its what I am looking for. The Volcano might scare me for the volume of vapor that I would get, but I think you can blow up a bag and save yes?

Need to keep the peace at home with the significant other too, who doesn't mind the hobby, but is always scanning for something new.
Good thing about the Plenty its a medicating BEAST its my favorite front porch session vape in bad weather my inside office works also I also have a vapexhale evo its quicker but not as versatile because of the glass hope that helps

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
You cannot go wrong with the plenty. as far as the Volcano goes, I own a Super Surfer and it sits idle, as my plenty set up with the AirVape bubbler and Ed’s TNT wood stem absolutely blows the SS away, which itself is in a league with other bag/whip vapes running on ceramic heater rods.

The plenty without the coil is quite special, It is affordable if you shop around and with a water tool, produces amazing clouds of cool vapor.

I say do not waste your money on a desktop bag machine. These are useful at parties, but not for an individual. The whip is manageable as you can remove it from the heat exchanger and approximate an on-demand situation. Problem here is for S&B’s idea of a hybrid, you pay $500+.
ShopdogNYC, I hope his helps in some small way.

shopdognyc

@Kimosabe all feedback is great. I live in a small apartment so how much things accumulated will get noticed by the significant other.

I like how the Ditanium looks, but I am a S&B fan from the beginning.

Can you share the setup you have without the coil? Do you use a silicone whip into a bubbler or bong? I had a bong that didn't get a lot of use. It got gunked up and it wasn't obvious to me back then how to clean. With the cleaning intro of the Mighty and Crafty, I just dumped ISO and mostly clean.

Lurking on the vaping forums, I learned can extend the air path through a bubbler, bong and whip. Its exciting, and still waiting on delivery.

The cost of the Plenty more favorable for me over the Volcano.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
I own a Super Surfer and it sits idle,
My Super Silver Surfer sat unused also.
The Silver Surfer, now... That gets used (and has for 10 years) multiple times daily.
The Volcano gets a couple daily runs also.
My Plenty gets used about once a week.
The "reach test"... and so by @stickstones
Left to your resources, you will slowly gravitate toward the vapes you prefer.
The ones you automatically reach for.

Vitolo

Vaporist
as the Volcano goes, I own a Super Surfer and it sits idle
I LOVE my Plenty! I only use the Plenty about once a week, however.
I also have a Super Silver Surfer, and it sits idle here also.
As for the Volcano... I live alone, and I only leave home to help patients. I use the Volcano every day, in spite of having
almost 100 various vapes in the house. The vapes that get daily action for me are the Volcano, The SSV (I still have the same one since 2009- on 24/7), and my Vapor Brothers Box.
I use a bunch of portables... but I am not counting those.. I use them less, because I wear a face mask when out, so they have been used
one a day for my evening final flower, as I sit in bed right before I begin my concentrate routine.
I know... a lot of chat over my main point...
...The Volcano is a great tool for individual use, I have placed 6 of them with individual patients in hospice and other "limiting" living conditions.
Love the Plenty... YES.
Love the Volcano as a daily vape.... I use it often.....
tenor.gif

quasars25

@whatitdew - Did a fit test with Hybrid tubing for you, picture easier than words

Listen to @LesPlenty , use 10mm adapter

14mm as shown is too difficult -- the S&B hybrid whip tubing has thicker walls than tubing I used years ago

Plenty-with-whip.jpg
Can you tell me what you use to cover the silicone tubing on your Plenty? It actually adds to the look of the Plenty. I love it and want to get one. By the way, this is my Plenty setup.Plenty.jpgPlenty.jpg

Mathos

I LOVE my Plenty! I only use the Plenty about once a week, however.
I also have a Super Silver Surfer, and it sits idle here also.
As for the Volcano... I live alone, and I only leave home to help patients. I use the Volcano every day, in spite of having
almost 100 various vapes in the house. The vapes that get daily action for me are the Volcano, The SSV (I still have the same one since 2009- on 24/7), and my Vapor Brothers Box.
I use a bunch of portables... but I am not counting those.. I use them less, because I wear a face mask when out, so they have been used
one a day for my evening final flower, as I sit in bed right before I begin my concentrate routine.
I know... a lot of chat over my main point...
...The Volcano is a great tool for individual use, I have placed 6 of them with individual patients in hospice and other "limiting" living conditions.
Love the Plenty... YES.
Love the Volcano as a daily vape.... I use it often.....
tenor.gif
Hi, would you say that the plenty is a good alternative to the Volcano?

I was starting to look into purchasing the Volcano Hybrid, but now looking at the Plenty it seems like a good option! I get the coil/tubing without the bags but at a much lower price point. Love the Crafty but it's poor battery life/charge time/not usable while plugged in is killing it, but the vapor is so damn good. Love em S&B!

Chronicele

Hey all,

Bought my Plenty back in Feb (pre-covid thank god) and have been very satisfied with the level of vapor I get from it; I've owned Herbie and a bunch of portable vapes and this is the best by the long shot.

However, I have been dealing with a vapor output issue recently and curious if anyone has had this issue: My first 5-10 rips on the Plenty are great as usual, but the vapor falls off dramatically after around 10-15 hits to the point where barely any is visible. This was not the case for the first few months of ownership.

Any ideas what may be causing this? I have thoroughly cleaned the device and using freshly cleaned screens so I feel it is not related to that.

Appreciate the help friends!

howie105

One thing that springs to mind is that different bud can produce different levels of vapor. There is also the possibility you have adapted to the Plenty so you are cooking the load out faster, that happened to me.

Chronicele

Thanks for the reply, I think it is almost certainly one of those two things (or maybe a combo).

Could you tell me more about the different vapor by different bud? Are you talking about different strains? It may be placebo, but I feel that the weed I have received recently has been less dry and I wonder if that could be a factor too.

Also, curious what you mean by adapting to the Plenty, I have prob gone through 2-3 full Plenty bowls a day, so can see myself vaping the load out faster, but it does seem like there is more to my issue.

Regardless, still one of my faves and has been really helpful moving me away from smoking.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If you feel the bud might still be a bit damp, spread your ground up material on a sheet of paper for 3 to 5 minutes then vape it to see if it helps.

LesPlenty,

howie105

Could you tell me more about the different vapor by different bud?.... Better bud in, better vapor out, it can be different plants or even buds harvested from different places on the same plant.

Also, curious what you mean by adapting to the Plenty... Different vapes often preform better with different preheat times, draw rates, heat ranges, etc. For some people the longer they use a vape the more of the use options get explored and thus the level of performance changes.

IamN2pot

Good morning FC members. I'm here because I have a question I haven't been able to get or find an answer to. I am now also the owner of a new S&B Plenty. My question has to do with the heating element thermostat, I think. Anyway, is it normal for the Plenty to swing 30 degrees between the maximum high temp it reaches, after the thermostat cuts off the heating element, and the maximum low temp you can squeeze the handle to re-engage the thermostat and turn the heating element back on? e.g. - temp dial setting of 6 - in the initial heat up the heating element turns off at 408, but temp continued to rise to 421. Temp drops to 369 before heating element can be turned on with the handle and down to 365 before the temp actually begins rising. The temp will rise to 382 before the indicator light goes out and continues climbing to a maximum temp of 397. The temp will then drop back down to the 370-372 range before you can trigger the heating element again, drop to 365-368 before climbing and turn off at the 382-383 range and continue rising to the 396-398 range and cycle in that 367ish to 397ish range for the remainder of the session (for me, about 20 minutes for a full load). I have emailed S&B America, twice and left a voice mail, asking if this was normal, but after over 2 weeks without any response, I figure it's time to ask those who use it every day. Thanks in advance for your advice.

IamN2pot,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Your device is working normally, it is analog so not very precise. When the load is getting finished I will wait until the orange heater indicator light turns off before puffing to squeeze the last bits out of a load (I start and finish on 7 as it is impossible to combust with this device)
The trigger is a timer reset safety switch and does not control the heater cycling, I use a rubber band on mine as I find it annoying to have to keep pulling the trigger.
S&B CS is hit or miss at best, some fan boys will say they are great...I have not found this to be true.

IamN2pot

Thanks for the info, LesPlenty. Just what I needed to know, ...and same day service to boot! (still waiting on S&B) Also, thanks for the rubber band tip. I'm working on a 'handle' hack myself. I'll post pics if the finished piece works as well as the beta version.

quasars25

I bought a Ditanium Desktop vaporizer a few weeks ago, and it has now become my go-to vape. It is truly a hard hitter. Nothing bad to say about my Plenty, but the Ditanium takes it to another level.

quasars25,
Top Bottom