BigC’sTowing

Former Plenty guy checking in! The Plenty has a special place in my heart as it helped me quit cigarettes.

Is there any word on upgraded chamber materials similar to the Volcano Hybrid? Has anyone figured out a way to prevent the metal in the chamber from scratching so much?

Thank you!!
I don’t have any scratching issues on my like the Hybrid.

grogazola

I don’t have any scratching issues on my like the Hybrid.

That’s fair. I posted a pic of my plenty yesterday. The look of it after a few months really bothered me. Thankfully, the plenty and a healthy rips fierce help me kick the nicotine habit. I sold my plenty but I keep an eye on whether there are any changes to the chamber. Simply anodizing the contact points could be enough.

Last edited:

Scuba Steve Tokes

Hello @Falconeer The mug tree is quite stable. Here's one advantage of the tree stand. Easy changes. Coil hangs out of way:

PVKxRJY.jpg

Using the bong you linked, you should eliminate the steel cooling coil. Redundant cooling. Recent study found thc actives loss of 20-25 percent. Coil cools so well that it condenses out our precious.

So, I would suggest a simple way to hold Plenty rather than using mug tree. You could go for the old standby, the brush as tripod. Or use a little box like I showed on p44. Or even foam packing insert like on p42. Interesting coil-like stand pictured on p13.

When I read in your post that you were concerned about things crashing from table, I began thinking of more stable solutions for you. Went to Harbor Freight Tools and got a hobby vice that suctions to table top. Crap. Doesn't hold suction well.

While wandering the aisles I spotted this wooden handscrew clamp. Heavy, low center of gravity.
Clamp it so that Plenty's butt is suspended off the table surface a bit. Goofy but stable.
Do you get the feeling I have too much time on my hands?

QtbfDb7.jpg

Try this if you want to pimp out the tube connection to the Plenty's black upper chamber.
Looks like an easy way to clear hit, and elbow design allows strain free tubing angle.
http://oregonglassblower.com/Carbed-Glass-Vape-Adapter-18fvc.htm
Perhaps a little silicone O-ring to make seal?
[Magneto voice]
Hello Charles,

[midwestern accent]

your posts in this thread were very helpful in guiding me towards the right vape for me. Once I read your posts about mods for the plenty I realized that if I took the SS coil off my imagination was the limit for ergonomic and functional mods. I ordered a 14 to 18mm drop down attachment because I figured it would reduce the amount of wasted honey oil that condensed on the whip. I was right and it gets covered up in condensation which is really easy to harvest!

I also got an incycler hydratube and hydrabase, a j-hook, an 18mm to four whip converter, and 25 feet of 3/8id (I think? It fits like a glove in an 18mm joint).

transition to vaping completed lol.

I’m writing on this four year old post to ask for your help. I broke my hydratube and am trying to pick out a replacement. If I’m going to go to the trouble of asking five or ten people I might as well help the community at large by making a thread. I’m not going to lie to you it could take 20min- please consider contributing to my first thread

There wasn’t a single word to describe me until the term “Extra” came into being. Luckily I’m extra caring and through, but I’m also extra neurotic- hence the vaping hobby. I tried to be almost scientific in writing the thread and included a procedure for answering and commenting. I fear it is way too much work to read let alone contribute to.

If you’re bored sometime I would love your input! You’re one of my Vapestars.

either way you have already helped me a great deal so I am eternally grateful (and only dead inside lol) :rockon:

ChooChooCharlie

@Scuba Steve Tokes -
Happy you enjoyed reading this thread, and that my ramblings inspired you to explore possibilities

However, I'm not a fan of glass, and the glass mod master in this thread has to be @LesPlenty. Good luck with your glass thread, you obviously put in effort and thought

Vito, I was the asshole. I deleted my imgur content years back, now use imgbb anon style without acct

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah. This happened a while back. I've been using imgbb since then. At least I know that they are one of the ones that strips the metadata from the image like imgur did.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Has anyone here used both the Plenty and Flower pot?
Yes. With the native set-up on both of these, FP is initially most efficient.
With patience and attention the Plenty can be also, but without the satisfying huge visual display of clouds.
Medication less are similar, FP being faster... with no modifications.
Heater time is the same on these tools, but Plenty is self contained, while FP use really benefits
by 2 handed use. FP does dabs or flower, or both simultaneously.
Plenty uses a pad, which is slower less "punch in the face" way of doing concentrates. More flavorful also.
Plenty, when used with the available dosing capsules, and the reducing chamber, becomes more efficient.
I love both.
The FP became more difficult for me, as I live in smaller space now, and have a dog that is active, so having wires out, with exposed hot
coil balanced anywhere scares me.
The Plenty is more secure feeling.
FP lends itself to water use, although I use FP with a dry tube or empty bong.
Efficiency aside, I love to load a full gram into the Plenty!
Some use the Plenty with no reducing chamber, and obtain efficiency using the pad on their herbal matter... or even just a second screen.
The FP requires more loose parts, to set up a "station'.... and does require a devoted station to sit at for your hits.
While attached to an outlet, the Plenty allows more mobility.
After a Plenty Hit or two, you can unplug and walk away with the unit for a few more hits ... since Plenty
works by reaching heat, and then you take hits as the heat condenser slowly gets cooler.
While comparing these 2 are like comparing apples and oranges, I find that.
Plenty = more convenience
Plenty = less restrictive use
Remembering that I do not like water use at all, the Plenty gives richer thicker dry hits since I use the chamber filled to the top.
A full Plenty chamber can last all day.
I do love the FP, but love it less now than the Plenty.
Are you using that one technique that vape critic recommends where you pack less bud into the bowl and top it off with that oil drip screen thing to fill the gap?
Tried it, and it works, but I like to fill the chamber.
Preference is all that is.

Last edited:

Gnome34

I have both as well.

For sheer clouds and time spent the flowerpot wins. For convenience and a longer duration with less risk(no exposed hot parts) the plenty wins. The flowerpot is more efficient if that is your primary concern. The plenty can be made efficient but in my opinion it does not shine while skimping.

I use my plenty much more than the flowerpot. I am having to send my flowerpot weedeater back in as it has issues sticking/fusing to the bowl. I'm optimistic they resolve the issue and I can do a more proper comparison. The plenty is a fantastic value in the vape world, I want to say I got mine for just over $200. It is well worth it and has served us well without a single hiccup!

Do be aware of the metal flaking issue, if it is something that might put you off it is better to consider that before buying. I was disturbed by the metal issue initially when it started on my unit but at this point my concerns are not so bad. I still use it. Haven't had any weird side effects or anything. And living in the south I am much more likely to die from covid so why worry about metal!

Vitolo

Vaporist
How much do you use when you fill it up all the way?
Efficiency aside, I love to load a full gram into the Plenty!
When I fill it all the way, it is the same as when I fill the Volcano.
Well ground, filled and slightly mounded, but not tamped or packed.
While mounded higher in the middle, I do not let the herb get higher than the point I am touching here:
DSC04269.jpg

I also use .25, 0r .5 in the Plenty, but my favorite loads weigh a gram!

cvs8floz

I have both. I havent used the plenty once since I got the flowerpot about year and half ago.
Pretty much same story for me. I recently brought out the Plenty to see if anything has changed and it went right back to deep storage. I tried every technique - full bowl, half bowl with concentrate pad, through water, direct hits through the coil - no matter what, the flavor is off IMO, has its own flavor I don't care for. I also find the whole way this vape functions is backwards, the heater shuts off instead of maintaining temperature, and having to remember to hit the bar to restart the heater just makes everything awkward. No comparison with the FP in terms of taste, functionality, versatility, ease of operation and I could go on...

justcametomind

Has anyone here used both the Plenty and Flower pot? How do they compare in terms of efficiency and quality of draw?

I notice vapecritic has the Plenty ranked higher than the FP.
I have both and also the Herbo ti which is quite similar to the FP. I like better the Plenty. I use the Plenty much more, one thing that was not stressed out is that the Plenty is not capable of scorching your weed. You can relax vaping on a couch with no need of a dedicated spot. I find that after the novelty effect of new vaporizers wears off, I always go back to Plenty or Volcano, more than FP, Herbo or others for the reason that I like the reproducibility of the experience. Set and forget. Nothing can go wrong, no glass involved. Efficiency is also not having ever to deal with combustion smell, imho. When the Plenty is done it just stops producing vapor, it doesn’t scorch your weed ever.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like better the Plenty. I use the Plenty much more, one thing that was not stressed out is that the Plenty is not capable of scorching your weed.
That is something I overlooked mentioning.
I've made numerous videos with the FP (see signature for video link)
I still love the FP, but I explained my space limitations... no counter space to spare, and a big, active, curious dog.
DSC06481.jpg

Dusty dwarfs my bed with his size
A number of years ago, I got my first Plenty through a friend.
My 1st post in this thread included a video, in which I Load the Plenty in the A.M., and use it in sessions
as the day moved on.
You will notice vapor easily as dense as the FP can produce (using flower alone of course)...
The vapor begins to get thick and rich at about 39 sec. into video... and lasts that way until the very end.
Different breathing technique is required for efficient inhalation etc.
If in the mood to see it, the video's at https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/plenty-vaporizer.4657/post-1026136
If you don't want to read a 5 year old post, the video is
wrapped up here in a spoiler for viewing:

Last edited:

Circa1999

Do be aware of the metal flaking issue, if it is something that might put you off it is better to consider that before buying. I was disturbed by the metal issue initially when it started on my unit but at this point my concerns are not so bad. I still use it. Haven't had any weird side effects or anything. And living in the south I am much more likely to die from covid so why worry about metal!
Which one has the metal flaking issue, the flower pot? I thought that things was supposed to be high grade titanium??

Gnome34

Which one has the metal flaking issue, the flower pot? I thought that things was supposed to be high grade titanium??
The Plenty can produce metal flakes/dust between the bottom of the bowl and the top of the heater inside the actual device.

Freaked me out initially, doesn't bother me at all after calming down and thinking about it. I wipe the device before and after each use and have had no adverse health issues in the months its been in use.

I do wish S&B would fix it but they do not seem concerned.

Scuba Steve Tokes

I do wish S&B would fix it but they do not seem concerned.
Gnome34 speaks the truth I don’t think S&B cares about Plenty users. They put out a fix for the same issue on the volcano hybrid but just passed right over the Plenty.

I’m not concerned by it I just give it a wipe before I turn it on each time and that satisfies my material safety concerns. I can’t get enough of the silky vapor this thing spits out.

Dutch-Mic

I'm looking for a silent desktop/portable vaporizer under 200 euros and saw the Plenty for about 180 euros. 'Finally a Storz and Bickel product under 200 euros', I thought. I saw the big chamber and was a bit turned off. Then I saw the chamber reducer and then the Plenty was back on the list again. Now I read about the dust issues.

An intermezzo: the Plenty is still widely available in Europe even though multiple people complained about the dust, while multiple stores didn't offer the Hybrid for a while when customers complained about the melting plastic/dust. Now I'm wondering if stores also don't care about it or that the issue with the Plenty isn't widespread.
End of intermezzo.

A few questions to the Plenty veterans:

- Is it possible to extract the herbs in multiple sessions without too much loss of flavor?
- When using the chamber reducer: is there still a chance that the aluminium dust enters the vapor path?

Top Bottom