LesPlenty

Company Rep
how long do you wait to trigger the heat back on

I bypass the switch with a rubber band, the heater just keeps cycling, never stirred a Plenty bowl and pucks are always cooked evenly right through and use a J-hook that is shaped like an old 2 stroke expansion chamber,
Stoopid site won't let me cut and paste my picture from Vapoasylum today for some reason, the pic is at the bottom of the page of this link on how my ABV looks,

Oh, and how strain related the vapor can be.
I just got some "lemon larry" which produces way more vapor than the last haze strains i have tried for exsample.
And packing the Plenty, plenty full gives such a rich flavour though i havent got such a nice "hockey puck" ABV yet like LesPlenty has in the post above.
I will today though haha xD

JohnnyRayJr,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Robobuddah

Does the Plenty get better with additional use?

I’ve used it 3 times so far. Full filling chambers. Temp around 375-380. I can’t say that I’m impressed at all. In fact, I’m quite disappointed.

IMO, the vapor is kind of thin and is not tasty at all. The strongest taste that comes through is plastic or something other than MJ.

I did a few burn offs before I first used the Plenty. So, I wouldn’t expect this plastic/metal taste but its there.

If this is the way it is, this thing is never going to be used by me. The Mighty and Hybrid blow it away in every respect, at least from my perspective.
Couldn’t agree with you more...bought the plenty on the recommendations of the vape critic, and for me it just pretty much sucks.

Robobuddah,

quasars25

I have had my Plenty for about 3 years now. I also own an Arizer Solo2 and a Vapium Summit. Although I do not use my Vapium anymore (it's just not very good compared to the other two), I do switch off on the Solo 2 and the Plenty. I have just ordered a stand for the Plenty, as the inability to stand on its own is frustrating for me. My question: Is it possible to replace the metal coil with silicon tubing? If so, is there an advantage? Is there a nicer mouthpiece I can use?

quasars25,

quasars25

@whatitdew - Did a fit test with Hybrid tubing for you, picture easier than words

Listen to @LesPlenty , use 10mm adapter

14mm as shown is too difficult -- the S&B hybrid whip tubing has thicker walls than tubing I used years ago

Plenty-with-whip.jpg
I am very curious with your set up. Can you tell me what exactly you did and the parts you used? I would like to do the same. Thank you.

quasars25,

quasars25

I am very curious with your set up. Can you tell me what exactly you did and the parts you used? I would like to do the same. Thank you.

quasars25,

stelmobarry

I have had my Plenty since 2014 and adapted it to use with a whip and most recently with a Sneaky Pete globe bubbler. It's a fantastic setup. Today is the 19th anniversary of my ALS diagnosis. I'm a quadriplegic that uses the Plenty by myself. I use vinyl tubing to fit the Plenty and step it down by size until the whip fits. It's great!

Robobuddah

I have had my Plenty since 2014 and adapted it to use with a whip and most recently with a Sneaky Pete globe bubbler. It's a fantastic setup. Today is the 19th anniversary of my ALS diagnosis. I'm a quadriplegic that uses the Plenty by myself. I use vinyl tubing to fit the Plenty and step it down by size until the whip fits. It's great!
INSPIRED...many thanks

Robobuddah,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Cheap Plenty stand, old WIFI stand, can't cut and paste from Vaporasylum for some reason...again,
A couple of posts down,

A bit further down is my glass J hook preferred use

LesPlenty,
Oh i have a question for @LesPlenty ,
with so many Vaporizers in your sig, what Vape can you recommend that tastes better than the S&B's for daily usage?

Dont get me wrong, i dig the taste but at the same time i get a hint of "plasticy" taste, maybe im just really susceptable to this..

JohnnyRayJr,

howie105

So what is your doctors take on pot use and how are you getting your posts online? Knew a guy years ago with ALS and those challenges and concerns.

stelmobarry

So what is your doctors take on pot use and how are you getting your posts online? Knew a guy years ago with ALS and those challenges and concerns.
My doctor fully supports my use and I have educated him on marijuana. I am a legal medical patient in Illinois. I have embraced technology with smart switches, lights, and anything with an on/off switch is automated through my pc. I'm alone all but a few hours morning and evening so I have learned to get creative to be able to stay at home. I use an onscreen keyboard and a mouse and a Bluetooth joystick on my wheelchair to type and navigate the web. It takes a while but I can do it!

howie105

My doctor fully supports my use and I have educated him on marijuana. I am a legal medical patient in Illinois. I have embraced technology with smart switches, lights, and anything with an on/off switch is automated through my pc. I'm alone all but a few hours morning and evening so I have learned to get creative to be able to stay at home. I use an onscreen keyboard and a mouse and a Bluetooth joystick on my wheelchair to type and navigate the web. It takes a while but I can do it!

Things have indeed changed my buds doctor was heavily anti-pot and his most advanced aid was a Plexiglas frame with the alphabet printed on it, it was usable once you got the hang of it but it had a long learning curve for me. Notice I did not say it was because I can't spell. Take care and enjoy your Plenty.

quasars25

So, is there anyone here who has replaced the original metal coil with a silicone whip for the Plenty? If so, how do you like it and what exactly did you use to mod?

quasars25,
So, is there anyone here who has replaced the original metal coil with a silicone whip for the Plenty? If so, how do you like it and what exactly did you use to mod?

I have seen many but havent tried it yet. I think its more of a convinience thing than taste but im open to hear otherwise.
You dont need to "mod" it, those whips go straight onto the fillingchamber if im not mistaken

JohnnyRayJr,

stelmobarry

It's not difficult to do a poor man's mod using food-grade vinyl or reinforced vinyl hose about an inch or so starting with the largest and step it down to fit your whip. It's necessity for me. This page is pretty much on that subject. Just give it a read.

stelmobarry,
Reactions: howie105

justcametomind

I tried but it gets dirty from reclaim on the inside pretty immediately. And I realized I don’t like long whips. Or I feel like that cat from Alice in Wonderland and feel bad for adding mess to my desk. I like better the original coil so the unit is drop proof and more compact or the glass j hook @LesPlenty has.

justcametomind,
Reactions: LesPlenty

howie105

Currently we are using the Plenty with a 3/8" OD whip plugged into a short 5/8" OD silicone collar which in turn fits into the Plenty. The most challenging part is rolling part of the collar over itself so it clings to the actual whip.

howie105,

stelmobarry

Currently we are using the Plenty with a 3/8" OD whip plugged into a short 5/8" OD silicone collar which in turn fits into the Plenty. The most challenging part is rolling part of the collar over itself so it clings to the actual whip.
Try using vinyl hose at the Plenty just enough to use as a coupler and the silicone won't stick as bad.

stelmobarry,

howie105

Try using vinyl hose at the Plenty just enough to use as a coupler and the silicone won't stick as bad.

Looking at your pictures I wondered how you hooked up your Plenty. Did you use the same approach for the globe? Speaking of which is that a Sneaky Pete globe? I am still using a twenty dollar gas station number, all that is missing is a gold fish.

stelmobarry

Looking at your pictures I wondered how you hooked up your Plenty. Did you use the same approach for the globe? Speaking of which is that a Sneaky Pete globe? I am still using a twenty dollar gas station number, all that is missing is a gold fish.
Yes, it's the regular globe and I velcro it down. I need a 14mm right angle adapter but I have a 14mm Solo adapter that I put a piece of reinforced vinyl hose on it stepped it down with a smaller diameter vinyl hose then the silicone. Same with the Plenty .

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If I was going to use a whip directly to the Plenty I would use a 14mm male to 10mm male GonG adapter,
But if I wanted to use with a tube and water filtration I would get this(I already own it and mount the Plenty on it with a 45 degree GonG 14mm to 18mm male adapter)
(still can not cut and paste pics WTF)

Top Bottom